Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Best Movie Quotes - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best Movie Quotes (49352 Views)

Brilliant Movie Quotes You Find Inspiring / Favourite Movie Quotes / Your Best Movie Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Movie Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
~When Harry Met Sally~

"I Came Here Tonight Because When You Realize You Want to spend the Rest of Your Life with Somebody, You Want the Rest of Your Life to start as Soon as Possible"

~One Of My fav. Chick Flick Plus i Looove Tom Hanks grin~

Forrest Gump

~" That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going. "

~ "I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 23, 2008
Am ready to kill for love! am ready to die in love! but am not ready to be a fool in love from movie Red
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Mesmerize(f): 2:57am On Jun 23, 2008
"This is abomination! " Almost every Nollywood movie grin
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 23, 2008
Mesmerize:

"This is abomination! " Almost every Nollywood movie grin
so true cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Movie Quotes by iice(f): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2008
Garland Greene: Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.
                                                                         Con Air
Re: Best Movie Quotes by HRhotness(f): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
iice:

Garland Greene: Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.
Con Air

Also one of my fav quotes grin grin grin
Re: Best Movie Quotes by onyinye2(f): 6:02pm On Jul 11, 2008
The Color Purple: "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is going to crumble" classic
Re: Best Movie Quotes by jaymes(m): 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2008
"Pressure, It changes everything" - Al Pacino talking to Keanu Reeves on the roof top in Devil's Advocate.
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Esss(m): 10:55pm On Jul 11, 2008
Say hello to the bad guy -  Tony Montana (Scarface)
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie - Tony Montana

I'm Tony Montana! You Bleep with me, you fuckin' with the best! - TONY bleeping MONTANA (Scarface)
Re: Best Movie Quotes by iice(f): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2008
Joker : What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger grin
                         The Dark Knight
Re: Best Movie Quotes by akx(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2008
"Here's looking at you kid."

"What is your nationality?"
"I'm a drunk."
"Well, I guess that makes you a citizen of the world."

From Casablanca, the greatest movie ever
Re: Best Movie Quotes by LASIEFAIRE(m): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
"The gunfire around us makes it hard to hear. But the human voice is different from other sounds. It can be heard over noises that bury everything else. Even when it's not shouting. Even when it's just a whisper. Even the lowest whisper can be heard - -over armies, when it's telling the truth."

from the movie Interpreter (2005) starring Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman

I love this quote die.
Re: Best Movie Quotes by bgees(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2008
here is one the greatest statements i ever heard in a movie:

I'm 47. 47 years old. You know how I stayed alive this long? all these years? Fear. The spectacle of fearsome acts. Somebody steals from me, I cut off his hands. He offends me, I cut out his tongue. He rises against me, I cut off his head, stick it on a pike, raise it high up so all on the streets can see. That's what preserves the order of things. fear
--- bill the butcher--daniel day-lewis-- gangs of newyork.
Re: Best Movie Quotes by akx(m): 11:16am On Aug 16, 2008
"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it's called Present"

the kungfu master turtle in Kungfu Panda
Re: Best Movie Quotes by onyii4j(f): 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2008
" Do not lie, cheat nor drink, but if u must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love
if u must cheat, cheat death
and if u must drink, drink only in moments that take your breath away

Quoted by Will Smith in one movie, i ve forgotten the name
Re: Best Movie Quotes by justkunmi(m): 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2008
i think the movie was Hitch
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Sisikill: 1:32am On Aug 28, 2008
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                       Verbal Kint - The Usual Suspects
Re: Best Movie Quotes by justkunmi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2008
Rachel Weisz- "I don't believe in the devil"
Keau Reevez. - "That doesnt matter, because he believes in you"

Constantine
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
everything is fair in love and war, this operation was also a war, a war for my country and
a war against organised crime movie gangster
Re: Best Movie Quotes by spikedcylinder: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2008
Andy Botwin: [to Shane about masturbation] Alright, listen closely. I'm not going to beat around the bush. Ha ha ha. Your little body's changing - it's all good, believe me. Problem now is, every time we jerk the gerkin, we get a lot of unwanted sticky white stuff everywhere, right? Right. So, First order of business - no more socks. They're expensive, gumming up the works plumming-wise. Now you might be thinking to yourself, "But, Uncle Andy, what do I do with all that pearl jam if I can't spew it into Mr. Sock?" Glad you asked, You can have a lovely time tugging the tiger in the shower each morning - that eliminates the need for a goo glove. But, the day is long, masturbation's fun, so unless we want to take 4 or 5 showers every day, we're gonna need some other options. So let's start with the basics. Tissues. Perfectly acceptable backstop for all that Creamy Italian. They can be rough and dry on such soft, sensitive skin and it can stick to your dick head like a fuckin' band-aid - ouch. From there we move on to more lubricated flack-catchers - specificially, bananas. Step one: Peel the banana. Step two: Slip the peel over your Randy Johnson and start pitching. Now for extra credit, warm up the peel in the microwave. Not too hot! Serious yowza. Also, olive oil, moisturizer, honey, spit, butter, hair conditioner, and Vaseline can all be used for lube. In my opinion, the best lube, is lube. So save your allowance and invest in some soon. Alright, moving on - when you tug your Thomas on the toilet - ffft - shoot right into the bowl. In bed - soft t-shirt, perhaps a downy hand towel of your very own that you don't mind tossing after tossing. There's no such thing as polishing the raised scepter of love too much. It reduces stress, it enhances immune function. Also, practice makes perfect. So work on your control now, while you're a solo artist - you'll be playing some long, happy duets in the future. Ok - class dismissed.
[Shane gets up to walk away]
Andy Botwin: Hey!
[tosses Shane a banana]
Andy Botwin: . Homework.

Weeds, Season 2.
Re: Best Movie Quotes by ritchboy(m): 3:25am On Aug 29, 2008
"tonight you won't have eyes, you won't have ears or a tongue.You shall wander the underworld blind deaf and dumb and all the dead will know, this is hector, the fool who thought he killed achilles"
Achilles(Brad Pitt) - Troy.
Classic! The BEST movie ever made cool
Re: Best Movie Quotes by MadMax1(f): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2008
John Coffey: I know you hurtin' and worryin'. I can feel it on you. But you oughta quit on it now. I want it over and done with. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. I'm tired of never having me a buddy to be with, to tell me where we's going to, or coming from, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world every day. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?
THE GREEN MILE
Forrest Gump: Will you marry me?
Forrest Gump: I'd make a good husband, Jenny.
Jenny Curran: You would, Forrest.
Forrest Gump: , But you won't marry me.
Jenny Curran: , You don't wanna marry me.
Forrest Gump: Why don't you love me, Jenny?
Forrest Gump: I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

Drill Sergeant: Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?
Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant!
Drill Sergeant: God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump!
Forrest Gump: (assembling rifle) DONE, DRILL SERGEANT!
Drill Sergeant: GUUUUUUMP! Why did you put that weapon together so quickly, Gump?
Forrest Gump: [confused] You told me to, Drill Sergeant?
Drill Sergeant: Jesus H. Christ! [looks at stopwatch]
Drill Sergeant: This is a new company record! If it wouldn't be such a waste of a damn-fine enlisted man I'd recommend you for OCS! You are gonna be a general someday, Gump, now disassemble your weapon and continue!
Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
Jenny Curran: Were you scared in Vietnam?
Forrest Gump: Yes. Well, I-I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out, and then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was always a million sparkles on the water, like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny, it looked like there were two skies one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It's so beautiful.
Jenny Curran: I wish I could've been there with you.
Forrest Gump: You were.

FORREST GUMP
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Sisikill: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hee! I didn't know we could post long ones. My all time favorite can't call it a quote because of the lenght, is from JFK

"The Warren Commission thought they had an open-and-shut case. Three bullets, one assassin. But two unpredictable things happened that day that made it virtually impossible. One, the eight-millimeter home movie taken by Abraham Zapruder while standing by the grassy knoll. Two, the third wounded man, James Tague, who was knicked by a fragment, standing near the triple underpass. The time frame, five point six seconds, determined by the Zapruder film, left no possibility of a fourth shot. So the shot or fragment that left a superficial wound on Tague's cheek had to come from the three shots fired from the sixth floor depository. That leaves just two bullets. And we know one of them was the fatal head shot that killed Kennedy. So now a single bullet remains. A single bullet now has to account for the remaining seven wounds in Kennedy and Connelly. But rather than admit to a conspiracy or investigate further, the Warren Commission chose to endorse the theory put forth by an ambitious junior counselor, Arlen Spector, one of the grossest lies ever forced on the American people. We've come to know it as the "Magic Bullet Theory." This single-bullet explanation is the foundation of the Warren Commission's claim of a lone assassin. Once you conclude the magic bullet could not create all seven of those wounds, you'd have to conclude that there was a fourth shot and a second rifle. And if there was a second rifleman, then by definition, there had to be a conspiracy." - Jim Garrison.

and

Back, and to the left,  back, and to the left,  back, and to the left.
  -  Jim Garrison
Re: Best Movie Quotes by justkunmi(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2008
The Rabbi: I guess you are Nick Fisher.
Slevin: Must I be? cos it hasn't been working out well for me lately.
The Rabbi: My father used to say this. if someone calls you a horse, punch him in the nose. if someone else calls you a horse, call him a jerk. If someone else calls you a horse, I think my friend, its high time you went shopping for a saddle. . grin

Lucky Number Slevin
Re: Best Movie Quotes by bgees(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
'' the church wants u on the same spot, they tell u : kneel , stand, kneel, stand.

--------------- fran costello (jack nicholson)-- the departed.

1st guy: u know sometimes, u gotta listen to the BOP.

2ND guy: whats the bop?

1st guy: the bop is, the sound ur head makes when its coming out of ur ass!

----------------tigerland.

whats a nigger doing in a church?
--------------gangs of ny
Re: Best Movie Quotes by justkunmi(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2008
The measure of a man's life is known by the number of men who measure themselves up to him.
-------------Morgan Freeman. The Bucket List
Re: Best Movie Quotes by rubi(f): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2008
How dare you - almost in all Nollywood movie
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Sisikill: 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ rubi
Rotflmao!!! You Win!!
Re: Best Movie Quotes by chiogo(f): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2008
hahahahahaha@ rubi

@topic, "daddy, are you on crack??" - Adam Sandler's daughter in the movie, "Click"
Re: Best Movie Quotes by ritchboy(m): 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2008
"is a pigs pussy pork?" - terrence howard, hustle and flow. grin grin grin
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Muza(m): 11:13am On Sep 25, 2008
Never send a sheep to kill a wolf,
They were just the decoys,Good bye Mr X, (Wanted 2008)
Re: Best Movie Quotes by Wordsmith(m): 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Download (after We Collided) 2020 Full Video / Boruto: Naruto Next Generation Discussions / BBNaija: Artworks Made By Housemates For Their Wager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.