Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy (4116 Views)

The Look On Oshiomhole's Face As He Attends An Event With Lara In Sokoto(photos / Questions On Oshiomhole's New Wife and her Nigerian Citizenship Status / An Expose' On Oshiomhole's Mansion In Iyamoh, Auchi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 30, 2012
The police in Edo State on Friday blamed the students of the Institute of Technology and Management, Usen, for Thursday night’s armed attack on Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s convoy in the town.
Oshiomhole had held a rally in the town and was heading back to Benin City when his convoy was attacked.
A statement signed by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr. Anthony Airhuoyo, said the police had commenced an investigation into the incident and the burning of a police station by the students.
The statement said Oshiomhole had met with the students briefly and promised to address them on his way back from his campaign before the attack.
The statement reads, “After the campaign at about 6.15 pm, the governor decided to address the students on another day because it was already getting late.
“But the students barricaded the expressway on the outskirts of Usen in order to compel the governor to visit their institution.
“When their demands could not be met, they resorted to throwing stones and other missiles at the governor’s convoy.
“In the process of dispersing the riotous students, two of them were injured and are currently receiving treatment.
“Nobody was killed in the process. The students later regrouped and went to Usen Police outpost and vandalised the place.
“Investigation has commenced as the area is closely being monitored by the police.”
In another statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Louis Odion, the Edo State Government alleged that thugs loyal to the Peoples Democratic Party had opened fire on the governor’s convoy shortly after he paid a courtesy visit to the traditional ruler of the area (Onogie) Oluogbe II, in his palace.
But the PDP promptly denied involvement in the attack through its Publicity Secretary in the state, Mathew Urhoghide.
http://www.punchng.com/news/police-confirm-attack-on-oshiomholes-convoy/
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Nobody: 4:48am On Jun 30, 2012
ACN and there lies, Tens of thugs (probably 20, 30, 40 etc) open fire (na gun dem dey talk o) on Gov's convoy. yet nobody in the convoy was injured and somebody will tell me the cars were bullet proof. Buses caring journalist are bullet proof too? Police pick up are bullet proof too? They said the police shielded top government officials, that means they were out of there cars or were they shielding cars yet no bullet hit any police, all this lies just because of PDP, everybody knows all political parties are bad and PDP is the master. So students who were angry with the Gov for reasons best known to them are now assasins and stones have become guns too.
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Ajpharm(m): 11:08am On Jun 30, 2012
Must It Be Do Or Die Politics? Dead Country!!!
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by texazzpete(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2012
Na wa for Oshiomhole o!!

So Students throwing stones at his convoy now is an 'assassination attempt'?!

I had thought the man was a sure banker for the re-election. Why is he now resorting to these childish tricks na?
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by BabaEleko(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2012
salaksmana: ACN and there lies, Tens of thugs (probably 20, 30, 40 etc) open fire (na gun dem dey talk o) on Gov's convoy. yet nobody in the convoy was injured and somebody will tell me the cars were bullet proof. Buses caring journalist are bullet proof too? Police pick up are bullet proof too? They said the police shielded top government officials, that means they were out of there cars or were they shielding cars yet no bullet hit any police, all this lies just because of PDP, everybody knows all political parties are bad and PDP is the master. So students who were angry with the Gov for reasons best known to them are now assasins and stones have become guns too.

[size=14pt]I wonder what u would have said if someone got hurt in the convoy. Maybe he planned it himself, no be so??[/size]
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by osajojo(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2012
salaksmana: ACN and there lies, Tens of thugs (probably 20, 30, 40 etc) open fire (na gun dem dey talk o) on Gov's convoy. yet nobody in the convoy was injured and somebody will tell me the cars were bullet proof. Buses caring journalist are bullet proof too? Police pick up are bullet proof too? They said the police shielded top government officials, that means they were out of there cars or were they shielding cars yet no bullet hit any police, all this lies just because of PDP, everybody knows all political parties are bad and PDP is the master. So students who were angry with the Gov for reasons best known to them are now assasins and stones have become guns too.

ACN in edo state chiefed by adam oshoimole are full of lies. 80% of edo state has not felt his government for 3 yrs the 5 LGAs in edo central are a case study. All he knows how to do is to refer to previous administration and 70% of people in his government were part of the previous administration even the chief thief lucky igbinedion. Oshoimole has caused me more pains than any govt I have witnessed. No one should come further to defend this or insult me before u can do that make sure u r from edo central or if not tell me one meaningfull project oshoimoles administration has brought to your family just name it if not then shut up.
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Pet79(m): 11:18am On Jun 30, 2012
why all these lies. From what i gathered from all the local news yesterday. The students wanted d governor to see the state of infrastructure in their school so that d governor can do something abt it. They tried to direct tge gov convoy to their sch. The police and security agents started shooting at them. They even shot two students.
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by misse1(f): 11:29am On Jun 30, 2012
[b][/b]
Pet79: why all these lies. From what i gathered from all the local news yesterday. The students wanted d governor to see the state of infrastructure in their school so that d governor can do something abt it. They tried to direct tge gov convoy to their sch. The police and security agents started shooting at them. They even shot two students.
so the students are the 10 gun men cheesy
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2012
If actually it was students that needed Oshiomole to visit them and he said people wanted to assassinate him, he is not fit to be re-elected.
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by jude33084(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2012
Baba_Eleko:

[size=14pt]I wonder what u would have said if someone got hurt in the convoy. Maybe he planned it himself, no be so??[/size]

Leave that guy na mumu
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by jude33084(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2012
Pet79: why all these lies. From what i gathered from all the local news yesterday. The students wanted d governor to see the state of infrastructure in their school so that d governor can do something abt it. They tried to direct tge gov convoy to their sch. The police and security agents started shooting at them. They even shot two students.

Stop carring fake rmour I beg U angry
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by jude33084(m): 11:52am On Jun 30, 2012
osajojo:

ACN in edo state chiefed by adam oshoimole are full of lies. 80% of edo state has not felt his government for 3 yrs the 5 LGAs in edo central are a case study. All he knows how to do is to refer to previous administration and 70% of people in his government were part of the previous administration even the chief thief lucky igbinedion. Oshoimole has caused me more pains than any govt I have witnessed. No one should come further to defend this or insult me before u can do that make sure u r from edo central or if not tell me one meaningfull project oshoimoles administration has brought to your family just name it if not then shut up.

Esan people; Anenih followers!

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Diamondwriter(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
jude33084:

r u okay?
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by osajojo(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2012
jude33084:

What do u know?
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by gbadexy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2012
The police said they threw stone missiles, oshiomole claimed the shot at him who is lying now. Let the governor show us the picture of the bullet riddled vehicles to confirm.
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Dozieson(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
he is still unbeatable. His works for only 3yrs is time 3 more dat pdp works in d state for 10yrs. Let him b jorh. Osho baba for life

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by stpat1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
All u Haters of good things, no matter what u say God has decided to rescue Edo from d hands of poverty inflicting PDP and so shall it be. D students went on rampage n PDP thugs hijacked d situation. Long live Oshiomole, ACN, EDO and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by otokx(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2012
Are you guys sure those are really students?
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by extension: 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
From almost 80% comments so far, you all agreed is right for the students to throw stone at the governor.Pls are they agboros or students? Nawaoo for this naija.
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by Mutee: 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
stpat1: All u Haters of good things, no matter what u say God has decided to rescue Edo from d hands of poverty inflicting PDP and so shall it be. D students went on rampage n PDP thugs hijacked d situation. Long live Oshiomole, ACN, EDO and Nigeria
Thank you for this comment. May you live long. Haters should go and kill themselves. God has decided and no physical, spiritual and otherwise being can stop it. Nuff said!
Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by kawkab: 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
Even if it i the student of the Edo State Institute of Management and technology that were throwing stones at the governor's convoy, the question we must ask is that , is throwing stones the best way to address the issue at hand? If the governor has promised to address the student and vist their school because it is getting late that day (6.30pm) would it not have been proper for them to take the governor by his words and return back to their school. is their action the best way to get government attention.

Definitely those sets of students must have been misinformed or instigated by groups that have the intention of embarrassing the governor. Those condemning the ACN led government of Oshiomole should realise that he would not fix the state in just three years. The state has been under slavery for 10 years of PDP rule. So far he is doing well and if the Igbinedion led PDP has done up to 20% of what he has done in 3 years the state would have been transformed by now.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Attack On Oshiomhole’s Convoy by defbond1: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
MoD

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Claim To Be An Indigen Of Any State. / Fire At Labaowo Market In Ibadan Destroys Property Worth Millions. / FRESH AIR Bumper Harvest And Timelines!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.