Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Calling New Script Writers - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Calling New Script Writers (1821 Views)

Script Writers Forum: / Ohafia Abia State Actors, Actresses And Script Writers. Lets Meet Here!!! / My New Script ( A Dark Comedy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling New Script Writers by gttdsuccess: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2012
Are you good at writing new movie scripts? We are a new UK based entertainment/movie company seriously planning to storm Nollywood and the Sierra Leonian movie industry with new and innovative movies. If you are interested in making loads of money, satisfaction and recognition for your sweat, email us in the first instance with your name and contact details. A sample of your previous work and/or references along with a comprehensive CV will be appreciated. If selected, you will be contacted directly with relevant topics upon which to base your script. This offer is without any obligations and closes by the 30th of August 2012.

If you are an actor/actress or consider yourself excellent with acting roles, with or without experience, in the African movie industry, please contact us with your full name, contact details, your comprehensive CV and at least 5 pictures with differing postures. If selected, you will be contacted without delay. No time-wasters please. There are loads of acting materials in Africa who, due to lack of finance and/or "contacts" are neglected. It is our aim to assist as many as possible without prejudice. It doesn't matter whether you are born in Africa or abroad. Email prince gttdsuccess@mail.com in absolute confidence

Email: gttdsuccess@mail.com Prince
Re: Calling New Script Writers by VillageBoi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2012
Can you post your company name, website, samples of the work this 'company' actually does. It would be helpful. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Calling New Script Writers by ekwurekwu(m): 12:48am On Jul 03, 2012
VillageBoi:
Can you post your company name, website, samples of the work this 'company' actually does. It would be helpful. Thanks.
Re: Calling New Script Writers by gttdsuccess: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
VillageBoi, for obvious reasons and confidentiality, I wish to keep our identity private till we get what we want. Please try to understand. However, for your peace of mind, we are based in the UK and USA. We are backed by a firm of solicitors regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England & Wales. Any material you send to us is treated as copyrighted by your goodself. Once your script is accepted, you will be contacted directly and contracts will be signed. Our aim is to introduce completely new and innovative movies whereby all contributors make money satisfactorily. All new movies will be deemed to be educative, entertaining and embrace most AFRICAN culture. So far since this advert went on air, we have received 23 scripts which are being scrutinized and checked. I hope your question has been answered your query and look forward to hearing from you. Having checked your identity on Nairaland, I feel very strongly that you can make positive contributions to our project and if you wish to speak directly to myself and/or any of our colleagues, please send your contact numbers to gttdsuccess@mail.com. All the best. Prince
Re: Calling New Script Writers by Briareos(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
gttdsuccess: VillageBoi, for obvious reasons and confidentiality, I wish to keep our identity private till we get what we want. Please try to understand. However, for your peace of mind, we are based in the UK and USA. We are backed by a firm of solicitors regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England & Wales. Any material you send to us is treated as copyrighted by your goodself. Once your script is accepted, you will be contacted directly and contracts will be signed. Our aim is to introduce completely new and innovative movies whereby all contributors make money satisfactorily. All new movies will be deemed to be educative, entertaining and embrace most AFRICAN culture. So far since this advert went on air, we have received 23 scripts which are being scrutinized and checked. I hope your question has been answered your query and look forward to hearing from you. Having checked your identity on Nairaland, I feel very strongly that you can make positive contributions to our project and if you wish to speak directly to myself and/or any of our colleagues, please send your contact numbers to gttdsuccess@mail.com.All the best. Prince

Its really a nice idea but I'll have to go with Village Boi here. Just a website wont hurt anybody.

1 Like

Re: Calling New Script Writers by dwizy(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2012
I was thinking... Do Nollywood producers accept scripts from writers? We (@macdove media) have a collection of very fine plays that I believe would met the desires of Nollywood producers.
This is just one one them;;
THE POPE IS ADOPTED, THE CONSPIRACY BEGINS. NIGERIA IS TREATENED BY MECURIAL ENEMIES. THE POPE IS TO BE MURDERED.......... WHAT'S NEXT?

This is a work and concept of MACDOVE MEDIA. You can contact us on the following addresses if you want to become a member or link/connect us with producers in the NOLLYWOOD MOVIES INDUSTRY. This will surely earn you great reward...
Re: Calling New Script Writers by VillageBoi(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2012
Hi Prince. Thanks for your response. Personally I can't think of a single 'obvious' reason you'd want to keep your company identity private until you get what you want.
Being based in the UK or USA has absolutely no impact on me nor should it. The simple fact is if you 'are' a company... who are you? It's not a huge thing to ask. I could be wrong but I think you and the Missus live in Scotland? If so you probably have bumped into a Nigerian somewhere, asked "What part of Nigeria are you from?" and you get the swaying side to side, the giggly look-down-to-the-ground response "No broda, I no fit tell you is a secrit." - And you go "Duh?"

There are a million and one threads here on Nairaland that are along similar lines to yours. Do I write? Yes. Do I consider myself to be a writer? Not really. Can I write if I have to? Yes. As you have checked and as anyone can click on my name, go to my profile and have a look at my work via provided links, as well as, threads posted here, you'll probably find out that I am very much interested in film and filmmaking.

What I'm actually more interested in is "What can we, collectively, do to improve Nigerian filmmaking?" That really was my main reason for joining this site a few months ago. To put it simply, the fact is, actions speak louder than words. Having said that, I think you are also Nigerian that has an interest in filmmaking, are probably starting up a company - production or otherwise, want to make better films than the 'general' stuff 'Nollywood' makes because the 'audience' deserves to have at least 50% of what's being made to be good.
That's going to be hard because, in general, we Nigerians can't write good scripts. I have read practically every 'sample' posted on this site and to be frank; they all suck. So where are we going wrong? Tough question. I guess we're mainly 'assuming' having an 'idea' means we can 'write the script'. I can buy a knife in a shop; that doesn't make me a Surgeon. Most of us just don't go to learn the craft and don't realise that good writing comes from re-writing.

I'll stop rambling on and for the fun of it I might just send you an email at some point; not to do with scripts but in order to have a conversation to find out a bit more about you. Who knows? You could be very interesting to have a conversation with and then again you might not. Likewise you could find me to be an utter bore... but I doubt it wink

Fear not, fret not my initial post was not for my benefit but for people that naturally should want to check out any credentials before sending any of their work/s off to what is presently just an email address.

1 Like

Re: Calling New Script Writers by Briareos(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2012
VillageBoi:

Hi Prince. Thanks for your response. Personally I can't think of a single 'obvious' reason you'd want to keep your company identity private until you get what you want.
Being based in the UK or USA has absolutely no impact on me nor should it. The simple fact is if you 'are' a company... who are you? It's not a huge thing to ask. I could be wrong but I think you and the Missus live in Scotland? If so you probably have bumped into a Nigerian somewhere, asked "What part of Nigeria are you from?" and you get the swaying side to side, the giggly look-down-to-the-ground response "No broda, I no fit tell you is a secrit." - And you go "Duh?"

There are a million and one threads here on Nairaland that are along similar lines to yours. Do I write? Yes. Do I consider myself to be a writer? Not really. Can I write if I have to? Yes. As you have checked and as anyone can click on my name, go to my profile and have a look at my work via provided links, as well as, threads posted here, you'll probably find out that I am very much interested in film and filmmaking.

What I'm actually more interested in is "What can we, collectively, do to improve Nigerian filmmaking?" That really was my main reason for joining this site a few months ago. To put it simply, the fact is, actions speak louder than words. Having said that, I think you are also Nigerian that has an interest in filmmaking, are probably starting up a company - production or otherwise, want to make better films than the 'general' stuff 'Nollywood' makes because the 'audience' deserves to have at least 50% of what's being made to be good.
That's going to be hard because, in general, we Nigerians can't write good scripts. I have read practically every 'sample' posted on this site and to be frank; they all suck. So where are we going wrong? Tough question. I guess we're mainly 'assuming' having an 'idea' means we can 'write the script'. I can buy a knife in a shop; that doesn't make me a Surgeon. Most of us just don't go to learn the craft and don't realise that good writing comes from re-writing.

I'll stop rambling on and for the fun of it I might just send you an email at some point; not to do with scripts but in order to have a conversation to find out a bit more about you. Who knows? You could be very interesting to have a conversation with and then again you might not. Likewise you could find me to be an utter bore... but I doubt it wink

Fear not, fret not my initial post was not for my benefit but for people that naturally should want to check out any credentials before sending any of their work/s off to what is presently just an email address.

Now, I can finally pinpoint your problem - grandiose self importance.

You write just to be impressed with yourself.

Shame!
Re: Calling New Script Writers by VillageBoi(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
Briareos:

Now, I can finally pinpoint your problem - grandiose self importance.

You write just to be impressed with yourself.

Shame!

Maybe, maybe not. If you are a part of the said 'company' then what have you got to hide?

1 Like

Re: Calling New Script Writers by Briareos(m): 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
If you read my two previous posts, you'ld realise that I'm not part of any 'company'. In fact, I requested for a website.

On the hand, you have some things WRONG about nollywood. I do understand your frustration bout the industry, though. But 100% of the problem is not from nollywood.

But again, maybe we'll get to discuss that someday.

PS: I really enjoyed watching Sweet Sixteen. Kudos.
Re: Calling New Script Writers by VillageBoi(m): 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2012
Briareos: If you read my two previous posts, you'ld realise that I'm not part of any 'company'. In fact, I requested for a website.

On the hand, you have some things WRONG about nollywood. I do understand your frustration bout the industry, though. But 100% of the problem is not from nollywood.

But again, maybe we'll get to discuss that someday.

PS: I really enjoyed watching Sweet Sixteen. Kudos.

Don't get me wrong though; I could very well have some things wrong about Nollywood. I talked about what I think is ONE of the key issues... They say 'Story is King' and I personally feel a lot of the stories are just not written well. There are so many other reasons... in a different thread you mentioned 'infrastructure and equipment'; you're absolutely right, these are issues too.
I saw a short film by a Nigerian guy; he crafted a beautiful story using the slums in Lagos. I think it was called 'The Smoker'; he shot on a DSLR and it was a gorgeous, very well done film. Iran and Afghanistan have 'beautiful' films coming out of the bullets and bombs lifestyle they have there. Maybe I'm wrong for feeling Nigeria has so much to offer when it comes to filmmaking. Great locations, culture, colour and so on; something so much more than "Look at my shoe, look at my phone, my car and my house" kind of movies.

Thanks for liking Sweet Sixteen. With that project we tried to get as many Nigerians or black people involved because we want to find as many (especially) Nigerians that are passionate about filmmaking; to try to make a team so we can do things together. It was very difficult. I hope you don't take this as me being so self-important; it's really not. I'm just trying to have a conversation with you. The simple truth is that people will say they can do A, B or C when they can't. First they agreed to give us the 'location' for 6hrs on each of the 2 days we shot... that changed the first day we got there - 2hrs on the first day and 3hrs on the second - so we rushed everything. Additionally, the soundman, we later found out sent us a link of stuff he never worked on.... You most probably noticed the audio sounded 'dull'; well for 2 days he never recorded any useable sound, didn't know how to use the equipment and did not say a thing on day one. Why? I have no idea. Every word of dialogue I then ADRd in my sitting room with the actors after the film had been edited; we couldn't afford to do it in a studio. And yes, like every other crew member, the soundman got paid each day. (It's a completely different name in the credit for sound, personally I would have still given him the credit but some others said no way!)

We're all trying to learn and I really don't care if anyone isn't 'good', just be honest about it and we can all grow. It's not the first time and it's not the second but trust me a Nigerian will not care one bit about shafting you with a smile on his/her face... sad truth bro. We learn from every mistake and have to keep pushing on.

Would absolutely like to hear your take on the issues facing Nollywood and anything to do with filmmaking. Self-importance really is not the reason I have my links to what I've done out there. It's there so anyone at all can have a look and I remain as open and as honest as possible. So I do apologise if my other post somehow came across as me being a prat or something; it really wasn't my intention. An apology to you too Prince as it was addressed to you.

@ Briareos hopefully you'd like to carry on the conversation so here is my email address, enjoy the rest of your day. - aneleonwuka@btinternet.com
Re: Calling New Script Writers by Briareos(m): 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
I just emailed you, VB.
Re: Calling New Script Writers by gttdsuccess: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
OMG! we have only joined Nairaland few days ago and believe me, we are impressed. Persoanlly, I love positive criticism and advice. Village Bio and a few others have made valid points which must be noted. Like I said previously, we are in the process of putting together a team with one simple objective: to produce innovative, educative and more entertaining movies away from the norm. That doesnt mean we are a well established company. If we were, trust me, I wouldnt be on this site seeking for good script writers. I am sorry if we have been misunderstood. Like you rightly said, "buying a knife, does not make one a surgeon". It may sound funny but its true. A tree can never survive by standing on its own. We need to work together and subsequently, produce what future generations might look at as work of geniuses.

One point I don't quite agree with, is that there is "something wrong with Nollywood". On the contrary, I feel that Nollywood has done her best in producing good films and most of all, talented actors/actresses. I can only ADD that we need to improve on what obtains. There is this noticeable danger of complacency. Constructive and innovative competition will be a healthy cure to this problem. Criticism backed by action is good for any society. Lets not downgrade or degrade people or corporations just to score points.

Like one of your Nigerian preachers said, "better is not good enough; the best is yet to come". I totally agree with him

We have had immense response from some Nigerian and Sierra Leonian writers. We have been in touch with them and samples of intended contracts have been sent to them for their perusal, legal advice and hopefully approval. You must appreciate that it may be virtually impossible for your script to be made live, as a movie without your knowledge.

I still maintain that if you can write or act and willing to take that plunge, please email us at gttdsuccess@mail.com. No disrespect to anyone. If you wish to have a word with us first please feel free to email us with your contact details and someone will make out time to discuss issues with you. Thank you so much. Prince
Re: Calling New Script Writers by jerrysonjoseph(m): 8:52am On Oct 17, 2012
Hello there,
Ah I would love to start this mail by a brief introduction of myself. I am Jerryson Joseph by name and I am a 25years old guy with Benin City as place of origin. I just concluded my movie and believe me,it has no rivals and I think I know what you guys are all about but just wanna give it a try and see if help is gonna come from here or you link me up. I have been searching for sponsorship for my movie but its been hard for me. One major thing I love about myself and my movie is that we are both observant,yea. I spend time just sitting and observing where am @ and my movie does so too by making you go no where when it starts. Today its coz of awareness and general pursuit of wisdom,knowledge which brings about individual civilization that's why the spread of H.I.V and AIDS has been reduced. Its coz parents right from childhood teach they kids one way or another about sex education and the outcome of unwanted pregnancy,that's why they children comes in partnership with dreams,goals,aspiration and hard work to find a way to getting to the peak of that topless roof of success even when they are successful. I think there's something most people haven't thought of or when ever it rings a bell people neglect,and that's the issue of CULTISM in our universities and polytechnics and streets that we live in. Yea it rings bell and you might neglect it coz I don't think you have lost someone you love puff into beyond within a blink of an eye (had couple of dead friends so its gonna work out). My movie isn't gonna put light or awareness in their activities and make it look exposed,but its one that's gonna be loved by them and also enlighten others (teenagers and some adults) on the danger and short life guaranteed contract they sign once they get involved. My story line is way hyper than Nigerian normal movies coz it drags wisdom from all corners of life. Its a movie that will never be forgotten and will always stay fresh if given the right and appropriate attention on set. Its something I wrote with my heart and soul in it and I have giving it my blood to live. With the inspiration by God Almighty in me when I wrote it,it has breath already but needs to learn form people like you so it stays alive and safe. All I need is sponsorship and anytime,anyday,anywhere I will come present it on anyone's desk and if not convincing I will go back to my normal self and have fun with my dreams and aspirations in another room. Nah I just feel you wouldn't understand.............................................
On BBM:320C0097.
On calls:08071068459.

Imaging yourself watching a movie,been clueless of what will happen next. Tears parents shared when a child goes down by stupid and senseless means. Everybody has loved ones and they are not gonna be left out. Police are trying but crime started before them. Hum nah you wouldn't understand until it hits the light.........never seen and never heard of before. All in 3D inside my head and writing script,HELP NEEED to bring an end to this embarrassment peeps have gathered over the years about Nollywood movies. I dream topless and live topless and I don't need much gain to run the industry now.....

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa Organisers Really Needs To Be Sued / Download Latest 2014 Yoruba Movies / TSTV: Hit Or Miss. Response By A Nigerian To A Ghanaian's Tweet About TSTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.