Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Under God: INDIVISIBLE Conference: Spiritual Awakening Or Spiritual Apostasy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Under God: INDIVISIBLE Conference: Spiritual Awakening Or Spiritual Apostasy? (1126 Views)

Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. / Awakening Jehovah’s Witnesses By Dismantling The Watchtower / Will Muslim Men Use A Physical Or Spiritual Joystick In Paradise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Under God: INDIVISIBLE Conference: Spiritual Awakening Or Spiritual Apostasy? by tidytim: 10:22am On Jul 02, 2012
I just became aware of a conference that is scheduled to take place on July 27, 2012 that is called the Under God: Indivisible Leadership Conference. I will be giving you excerpts from the conference announcement which is available online for anybody to read, and I will add my own comments regarding what was said in those excerpts. Here is an excerpt from their announcement which can be read online:

On Friday, July 27, James Robison, Dr. Ravi Zacharias, Dr. Tony Evans, and other spiritual leaders from across the country and from many denominational backgrounds will join one another at High Point Church in Arlington, Texas for the Under God: Indivisible Leadership Conference dedicated to calling our nation back to God. Attendees will hear messages from dynamic speakers, receive important information and spend time in prayer for a much-needed spiritual awakening in our nation.

There is little disagreement that America is now in a spiritual crisis, but we believe the situation is far from hopeless! However, the church and those with faith in the living God are the only hope to see our nation’s perilous course corrected. It is our responsibility to hold up godly standards, allowing truth and the principles of our founding fathers to guide our path.

First of all let me give you a definition of the word indivisible from the dictionary. INDIVISIBLE: not divisible; not separable into parts; incapable of being divided: one nation indivisible. So it is quite clear that the motive of this conference is that there would be a unified, and undivided call for a “spiritual awakening” in our nation. The attendees are promised to hear from dynamic speakers and to spend time in prayer for a much needed “spiritual awakening” in our nation. The invitation goes on to declare that America is in a spiritual crisis, but not a hopeless case. It goes on to talk about the “church” and “those with faith in the living God” as being the only hope for our nation. Finally this excerpt talks about our responsibility for “allowing truth and the principles our founding fathers to guide our path.”

First of all if we are going to allow truth to guide us in our Christian life, then we have to make sure that we do not join hands with people who are not walking in that same truth. As a former Roman Catholic there is no question in my mind that the Lord Jesus Christ, who is ” . . . the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6) delivered me from the false religious system of Rome, and I have been telling others to get out of that system as quick as they can, as it clearly preaches a false gospel.

You can find numerous articles, and related videos regarding the false teachings of Rome on this blogsite. I talk about their false teachings regarding the Catholic Mass, and it’s purpose which they claim is to “satisfy the justice of God for sins committed against him” [New St Joseph Baltimore Catechism, page 173 Item #361] That teaching in itself is enough to qualify it as a false gospel, but there is much, much more to that diabolical “church.” They teach that a person becomes “born again” when they are baptized as an infant by the Roman Catholic Priest. They teach that there is a place called Purgatory, a spiritual hospital where people are purified before entrance into heaven! And of course there are the false teachings regarding the “Blessed Mother Mary” and what a bondage that is. I know because I was a rosary praying Catholic up until the age of thirty-six, until the Lord opened up my spiritual eyes to the grand deception of that whole system. Not to mention that Rome still has over 100 anathemas (curses) that were pronounced at the Council of Trent, and upheld by the Second Vatican Council II. Those curses are against people like me who totally disagree with their false teachings, and against other “Protestant” believers who believe like me.

It is almost laughable that they would even use the word “truth” in describing this call for a spiritual awakening in this country. The Spirit of the living God is the one who is going to lead us into all truth, and he is not going to have us work hand in hand with people who proclaim a false gospel.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:13 )

Now, let’s take a look at some of the “dynamic speakers” that are scheduled to speak at this conference. One of the speakers is a Roman Catholic Priest by the name of Rev. Robert Sirico. Mr Sirico received his Master of Divinity degree at the Catholic University of America. As a Roman Catholic Mr Sirico would have to believe their doctrines regarding the Mass, Mary and all of the other doctrines or he would not be deemed to be a true Roman Catholic.
Re: Under God: INDIVISIBLE Conference: Spiritual Awakening Or Spiritual Apostasy? by tidytim: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2012
Father Jonathan Morris, a Roman Catholic Priest is another “dynamic speaker” scheduled to speak at this conference.

As a news contributor for the Fox News Channel, Fox Business Channel, and the Wall Street Journal, Father Jonathan Morris offers coverage of the ethical, social, and religious news stories of the day. . . In addition to his journalistic work, Father Jonathan serves as parochial vicar of the historic Basilica of St. Patrick’s Old Cathedral in the SoHo district of New York City.

So we have two “dynamic speakers” at this conference who believe and teach the false doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. One of the four people who will be praying at the afternoon and evening sessions will be Father Frank Pavone, a Roman Catholic pro-life priest.

Ravi Zacharias, the well known Christian apologist is also scheduled to speak at this conference. I used to listen to Ravi Zacharias when I first got saved, and I noticed that he often quoted G.K. Chesterton and Malcolm Muggeridge, more than he even quoted the scriptures. I honestly did not know who those people were, and when I discovered that they were both Roman Catholics I could not take Ravi seriously any more. Ravi Zacharias even described himself in an interview as a big G.K. Chesterton fan. With all of Ravi’s talk about “false gods” how could he possibly miss the false gospel of Rome, which sent countless souls to a martyrs death?

Another speaker at this conference is a Jewish Rabbi named Aryeh Spero.

Rabbi Spero who is a columnist for the American Thinker, and his articles have appeared in the Wall Street Journal, Washington Times, National Review, New York Sun, and many other national publications. Rabbi Spero is an acclaimed public speaker, inspiring diverse audiences and has appeared on CBS, FOX News, C-SPAN, WOR, and MSNBC, FOX Business News, and many other programs.

The Jewish people for the most part do not believe that Jesus is the Christ [Messiah] and according to that same Jesus, they will die in their sins without him! [John 8:24, 5:37-40] Rabbi Spero would certainly fall into that description, along with the majority of Jews who still reject Jesus. The point that I make here is that this conference is supposedly based on the truth, and it talks about those who serve the living God, but non-believers in Jesus Christ are not serving the living God! There can never be unity between TRUTH and FALSEHOOD. Salvation is found in Jesus Christ alone, and the apostle Peter made it very clear to Israel that Christ was the only way to be saved!

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. (Acts 4:10-12)

So thus far we have discovered that there will be two Roman Catholic Priests who will be speaking, who believe that their Catholic Mass satisfies the justice of God, and then we have a Rabbi who rejects Jesus as the Christ [Messiah]. For the afternoon and evening prayer sessions we have a Catholic priest, [will he pray the rosary?] as one of the “Prayer Leaders” and then we also have Christian Zionist Pastor John Hagee thrown into the whole mix. It sounds like a rather interesting group of people does it not.

I agree that we need a “spiritual awakening”, but we need to wake up to the apostasy that is already rampant within the walls of the church, and that would include the compromise with false churches such as Rome, and with Jewish leaders who reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Messiah! If there were a true “spiritual awakening” then the true men of God would stand up and rebuke the Roman Catholic priests and their false gospel, along with the Rabbi who rejects Jesus Messiah and Lord. This conference used the word INDIVISIBLE in its promotion of unity for their cause, but I would suggest that they better DIVIDE TRUTH from FALSEHOOD because that is what the Lord does. The false gospel of Rome, and the false teachings of Judaism can never be joined to truth. If you continue to join hands with these people you will have nothing other than a false awakening and a false revival, and that is spiritual apostasy.
Re: Under God: INDIVISIBLE Conference: Spiritual Awakening Or Spiritual Apostasy? by tidytim: 11:07am On Jul 02, 2012
bump

(1) (Reply)

Murdered By The Church Of Rome / . / The Forerunner Of Grace-apostle Paul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.