Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 (9638 Views)

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Pictures From Wedding Of Andres Iniesta And Ana Ortiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by sholatech(m): 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
I do not think you watched these matches. Iniesta was Damn consistent in all matches that every coach.before meeting Spain always mention him as the man to stop. Because modric had nice moves that day didn't make him better. Compare their stats in that match pls. And it was straight fight between him and pirlo till the final. And pirlo as a playmaker was not seeing ball and lost all form of inspiration for his team yesterday. If u watch all these matches, iniesta was a clear winner.
b][/b][/b][b]
chucky234: Iniester did well at the just concluded Euro 2012 but I don't think he was the best Iplayers as he struggled in the first game against Italy as well as the game against Croation where Luka Modric took the shine away from the Spanish midfield.
Pirlo was brilliant all through and be the best player based on his consistence throughout the tournament,he was simply majestic.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Ruq: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
humility was just added/mentioned, it warsn't really a basis for the award.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Ifemyke: 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2012
The guy is a class art. He deserves it.
Meanwhile, AVB set to sign £16m Spurs deal.
Read more on www.footballfile.com
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by amdy08: 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
№ doubt,iniesta was consistent .bt i had tought andrea shld be MVP of the tournament,considering some decisive goals he scored @ the tournament.He was reali a driven force in the Italian national team.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ifeci: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

This part of their criteria is rubbish!

Humility should not be part of their judgement of footballing prowess.

They should keep their moral values to themselves and judge people on their ability.

If Balotelli wants to take his shirt off and show his muscle after scoring his 15th Banana shot goal in a tournament, then he should win based on his contribution and ability, and humility can go to hell.

Oga humility should be part of it, and it attracts fans & as you can see; awards to great players, check out d likes of messi, he is loved not only because of the magic he produces but because he is humble. The guy that quoted the bible just gave you a valuable key to success but you decided to throw it in the trash in arrogance.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by tessyade: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
He deserve the award though pirlo and xavi also did well enough to get it but for balotelli no way.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ddippset(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
iniesta and pirlo were at par. the award went to the former cus spain won the trophy. if italy had won the tournament then pirlo would have gotten it. and for god's sake what's the fuss about balotelli. he scored 2 against germany alright but what else did he do? pirlo was still italy's best player versus germany. and the humility part lets put humility aside. no player at euro 2012 was as good as pirlo and iniesta!

1 Like

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by dadde(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

They should keep their moral values to themselves and judge people on their ability.

If Balotelli wants to take his shirt off and show his muscle after scoring his 15th Banana shot goal in a tournament, then he should win based on his contribution and ability, and humility can go to hell.
the difference between messi and CR7 is called attitude.they are both great players.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by medjai(m): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
chucky234: Iniester did well at the just concluded Euro 2012 but I don't think he was the best players as he struggled in the first game against Italy as well as the game against Croation where Luka Modric took the shine away from the Spanish midfield.
Pirlo was brilliant all through and be the best player based on his consistence throughout the tournament,he was simply majestic.
Are you sure you followed the games because in those matches you talked about, Iniesta was voted Man of the Match.

The MVP award was a straight fight between him and Pirlo but he put on a show last night(was voted Man of the Match) while Pirlo was just lost in Spanish triangles. Perhaps, that tilted the award his way.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ddippset(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
sorry bro, i dont quite concurr. between them there's a lot more than just attitude. one of them is the stand-out greatest. lemme leave it at that. one of them.
dadde:
the difference between messi and CR7 is called attitude.they are both great players.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by hammedkola(m): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
I guess he is gonna be the next FIFA Ballon D'or winner orelse Xavi
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by kutchs: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
afam4eva: I think Iniesta did well in this competition but he was not even in the running for the best player. It was between Pirlo, Xavi and probably Balotelli. I think they should have created a "Humilty" award for this tourney because i don't know how being humble has anything to do with what is played on the field of play. If it's that important then i see no reason why Kanu Nwankwo has not won the world best player award.
Point o correction, Balotelli and Xavi were never in the running for the MVP but Pirlo and Iniesta. Iniesta won bc he was very decisive and influential in most o the matches winning MVP in the Ireland, France and Italy matches. Pirlo was great too but his no show against Spain in the final did him in.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Sagamite(m): 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
karpentar: Is humility the only mentioned criteria? Why so much emphasis on it? Iniesta deserves the award with or without humility. I wouldn't complain either if Pirlo got it.

The point is humility should not have been there at all.

ifeci:

Oga humility should be part of it, and it attracts fans & as you can see; awards to great players, check out d likes of messi, he is loved not only because of the magic he produces but because he is humble.

No, it shouldn't.

And you think the anger of Balotelli does not attract fans? You think when the press reports about his antics it does not attract fans? It is humility that does? Rubbish.

So the arrogance of Mourinho does not double viewership? People do not love Mourinho for his arrogance? Let me tell you, even black girls that don't normally go for white guys will open their legs yakata for Mourinho. They find his arrogance sexy and they watch football because of him.

ifeci:
The guy that quoted the bible just gave you a valuable key to success but you decided to throw it in the trash in arrogance.

I can guarantee you I will NEVER through any advise about "how to live" sourced from he bible (or the quran) in the trash. NEVER!

I only throw it only into one place: the pit latrine.

dadde:

The difference between Messi and CR7 is that Messi is better. Simple!
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by hammedkola(m): 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
chuky234: Iniester did well at the just concluded Euro 2012 but I don't think he was the best players as he struggled in the first game against Italy as well as the game against Croation where Luka Modric took the shine away from the Spanish midfield.

If Pirlo did well through, why didn't he lift the trophy?
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 5:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
hammedkola:

What a dumb question to ask.

Football is a Team Sport not an Individual sport.......And Spain are simply the better side of the two
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ortopazz(m): 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
coogar:

but football players are meant to be ambassadors and role models....
football authorities want the players to epitomise humility, respect, etc.
therefore, uefa is correct by wanting players to be gentlemen on and off
the pitch.

kids watch tv and they want to be like these players...
on the flip side, football players get more severe
punishment when they err because they are supposed to be role models.

well said bro!
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ortopazz(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
For crying out loud at times I wonder why certain things shud be debated, thank God my post on who was to win euro made forzt page wiv casilas doing justice to d cup just the way it should be,,quite frankly i was shocked when I saw italy garner more support than the spainards, they've been on top of their game, killd ery1, evn without strikaz there wer ruthles, wiv strikaz evn more, Iniesta iad his signature on ery goal move in that final that pitted him against pirlo, who was a contestant, we saw xavi, alba, fab, alonso, evn casilas, ramos, i mean, they wil come firzt b4 the italinos, am sorry buh iniesta totally deserved this.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2012
tell me who play better ?,ini obong , ini ball , ini king grin grin grin

for people that is looking for a role model , i keep saying it , you parents are your role model or people arround you that you can learn postively from , not athlete , politicians or business mogul , they are human too
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ortopazz(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2012
Looking at the spainards, even when Fab was off, he was stil performing, Iniesta off still relevant, spain and iniesta deserve it, if passes were goals, then iniesta, ozil, xavi, shud be contendaz for the world best n not runaldo or mesi cheesy
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 6:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
There was only ever two players in with a chance of winning this particluar award,Iniesta and Pirlo.

Simply put, the Fianls basically decided the destination of the Award.

Unfortunately for Pirlo the odds were stacked against him as Spain are simply the better of the two sides.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
chic2pimp: There was only ever two players in with a chance of winning this particluar award,Iniesta and Pirlo.

Simply put, the Fianls basically decided the destination of the Award.

Unfortunately for Pirlo the odds were stacked against him as Spain are simply the better of the two sides.

thank you , person wey sabi watch ball
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
Iniesta winning this simply mean that Penaldo chance of winning the golden ball is at risk grin grin grin grin grin

even at the moment casillas is even better , i laugh in penaldo grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
fredoooooo: Iniesta winning this simply mean that Penaldo chance of winning the golden ball is at risk grin grin grin grin grin

even at the moment casillas is even better , i laugh in penaldo grin grin grin grin grin

I'll be shocked if Iniesta wins the Balon D'or.
The top two would most likely be Ronaldo and Messi(in no particular order)yet again with Pirlo and Iniesta trailing behind.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by fredoooooo: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
chic2pimp:

The top two would most likely be Ronaldo and Messi(in no particular order)yet again with Pirlo and Iniesta trailing behind.

be prepare o i talk my own
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by floriana(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Someone said it is better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and clear the doubt.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Bodmas06: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2012
hammedkola:

Because a tree does not make forest.football is a team work and spanish team are better
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Bunkyrules: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
Uefa nd dia partiality,mayb iniesta got d award cuz,spain won d competition,bt 2 me rooney was d best player of d tournament
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ddippset(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
ronaldo and messi in no particular order? Are you kidding me or what? First there is the incumbency factor(whether you want to admit this or no) and then one scores 73 the other 60, one scores 50 the other 46, one wins the kings cup, the club world cup, the spanish and the european super cups the other wins the la liga,one has the pichichi and the european shoe, the other nil, one breaks at least 7 records, the other maybr 2 or 3. And then you say in no particular other? Well the following guys have strong cases for the ballon dor as well: pirlo, xavi, iniesta,silva, aguero, drogba,. And who knows? Torress might get a shot on it too.
chic2pimp:

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by RuuDie(m): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
I simply cannot understand this. . .Iniesta was hardly "stand-outish", yeah he played well enough all through - but heck even Jordi Alba was getting more rave reviews!
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Tattooboy: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
@op I've already chosen him before the committee did.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by coogar: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2012
Sagamite:
What weak people want is irrelevant to footballing prowess.
Fathers and mothers should be ambassadors and role models their respective wards

the kids without parents nko? who would guide those in that category?
besides, the role model thingy really applies to kids who aspire to become
professional footballers in the future. they watch balotelli or joey barton
and they nurse the ambition to be like them: unruly, ornery and utter wankers!

Footballers are entertainers and they should owe you nothing apart from seeing a good game and not breaking the law or rules of the game on the pitch.

i agree they are entertainers but the time of the day they often choose to entertain coincides with
when most kids are watching. how happy would you be If you take your 5-yr old son to watch a
game of football and balotelli starts swearing or beating a player of the other team?

If I was a footballer, I would do whatever the fck I want to do that does not affect my game.
I will sleep with every money-grabbing bimbo that comes my way an be on the tabloid front pages without apology to any lame parent depending on me to be their child's role model.

then you wouldnt be a footballer.....
a part of their contract with their club requires them to represent the club
in a respectable manner that would not bring down the dignity of the
club or bad press!

Oh, God! How I miss my role model, Eddie Irvine. He did not owe me role modelship, but he involuntarily was.
Fck other people's rules on how I should live my life and they will never intimidate me to change it. The pure philosophy of Eddie.
Eddie, you were great men! I admire you alot.
People should raise their kids and shouldn't pass the responsibility of role model to people that did not apply for the role.

we live in a broken society....the responsibility to raise these kids should be collective.
football players are now celebrities and what they offer has no pg-rating so it''s imperative
these players conduct themselves appropriately on the pitch. the more gentlemanly
they behave, the more attractive the package becomes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Juventus Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 - 2) On 5th November 2013 / Oshoala Scores A Brace And Provides 2 Assists As Barcelona Defeats Benfica 9-0 / Drogba Could Rejoin Chelsea On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.