Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 (9637 Views)

Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Pictures From Wedding Of Andres Iniesta And Ana Ortiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Sholexyz(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2012
hammedkola:

If Pirlo did well through, why didn't he lift the trophy?
Did diego forlan win d world cup in sa 2010 when he was voted d mvp of d tournament. Humility my foot wat humility did maradona has yet he's been regarded has one of d greatest player eva. Uefa n their rules so complicated. Up pirlo.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chucky234(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
medjai: Are you sure you followed the games because in those matches you talked about, Iniesta was voted Man of the Match.

The MVP award was a straight fight between him and Pirlo but he put on a show last night(was voted Man of the Match) while Pirlo was just lost in Spanish triangles. Perhaps, that tilted the award his way.
Iniesta was able to put on a show last night simply because his midfield quartet of Alonso,Xavi and Silva were at their best while Pirlo had no help from Marshisio,De Rossi and the absence of Nocerino.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ddippset(m): 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
and then in your infinite wisdom uefa should say that for this reason you have generated from your numb skull they should say ok pirlo had no help so lets give him mvp? Cant believ you just called someone else mumu! I see how smart you are. by the way i see you still have your lip gloss on.
chucky234: Iniesta was able to put on a show last night simply because his midfield quartet of Alonso,Xavi and Silva were at their best while Pirlo had no help from Marshisio,De Rossi and the absence of Nocerino.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by eyoniggar(m): 5:04am On Jul 03, 2012
Who da heck is this dynamite dude trying to explode where EID aint suppose to be planted?? You must be worse than an average Balotelli to be precise.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by usbcable(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2012
dadde:
the difference between messi and CR7 is called attitude.they are both great players.

I could have bet my next salary that somebody will mention messi and CR7 in the whole talk.

The thread is about I.N.I.E.S.T.A.
Lawd have mercy cant soome people get their brains beyond messi and CR7 discussion.(pulling my hairs apart in anger)
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by revomind(m): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2012
afam4eva: I think Iniesta did well in this competition but he was not even in the running for the best player. It was between Pirlo, Xavi and probably Balotelli. I think they should have created a "Humilty" award for this tourney because i don't know how being humble has anything to do with what is played on the field of play. If it's that important then i see no reason why Kanu Nwankwo has not won the world best player award.

Iniesta deserved it. If you watched Spain, you could see that he was consistent from game 1 to the final. Always among the 2 or 3 most dangerous Spanish players on the field. You mentioned Balotelli and I have to disagree with you. If Balotelli should be considered, why not Mesut Ozil, Cesc Fabregas, Ronaldo, Moutinho?
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by xpensive05: 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
DESERVINGLY..................
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
One of the things that made Forlan stand out a bit more in the world cup was the fact that he played really well in spite of the general quality of his team.

In essence, i would love to see iniesta play in a midfield of the same quality as that fielded by italy in the final ans a man down. Should make interesting watching.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by doublecross(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
why should it be pirlo? pirlo is not even up to 1/4 of iniesta. you are talking rubish.
pro01: Should have been Pirlo
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by doublecross(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
dont mind that guy...he is an idiot. who is balotelli? and it seems the guy doesnt watch football at all. i will name my first son after iniesta coz the guy is too much. i mean his style of play is just too fantastic.
revomind:

Iniesta deserved it. If you watched Spain, you could see that he was consistent from game 1 to the final. Always among the 2 or 3 most dangerous Spanish players on the field. You mentioned Balotelli and I have to disagree with you. If Balotelli should be considered, why not Mesut Ozil, Cesc Fabregas, Ronaldo, Moutinho?
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by doublecross(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
what makes spain the better side over italy?
chic2pimp:

What a dumb question to ask.

Football is a Team Sport not an Individual sport.......And Spain are simply the better side of the two
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by usbcable(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
ddippset: ronaldo and messi in no particular order? Are you kidding me or what? First there is the incumbency factor(whether you want to admit this or no) and then one scores 73 the other 60, one scores 50 the other 46, one wins the kings cup, the club world cup, the spanish and the european super cups the other wins the la liga,one has the pichichi and the european shoe, the other nil, one breaks at least 7 records, the other maybr 2 or 3. And then you say in no particular other? Well the following guys have strong cases for the ballon dor as well: pirlo, xavi, iniesta,silva, aguero, drogba,. And who knows? Torress might get a shot on it too.

you no dey far from anything messi.
and as expected your brain artiries will pump as many blood as possible at the mention of ronaldo.

may you not have a heart attack just because of ronaldo.

i wonder what you will do if eventually he wins the BDO.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2012
doublecross: what makes spain the better side over italy?

And the question keeps getting sillier by the minute

One side was the reigning World and European Champion going into this tournament while the other went out in the first round and QF stage of those two tournaments the former won.

Does that alone not tell u who the better side clearly is?......Or do I need to go on?

doublecross: dont mind that guy...he is an idiot. who is balotelli? and it seems the guy doesnt watch football at all. i will name my first son after iniesta coz the guy is too much. i mean his style of play is just too fantastic.

Pot callling the Kettle black methinks.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by chic2pimp(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
ddippset: ronaldo and messi in no particular order? Are you kidding me or what? First there is the incumbency factor(whether you want to admit this or no) and then one scores 73 the other 60, one scores 50 the other 46, one wins the kings cup, the club world cup, the spanish and the european super cups the other wins the la liga,one has the pichichi and the european shoe, the other nil, one breaks at least 7 records, the other maybr 2 or 3. And then you say in no particular other? Well the following guys have strong cases for the ballon dor as well: pirlo, xavi, iniesta,silva, aguero, drogba,. And who knows? Torress might get a shot on it too.

I could also say One led his team to within whiskers of the European Championships final while the other's team went out at the QF stage of an Inferior competiton whilst registering no goals to his name.

Kings cup,club world cup,supercups??....Are those names of trophies or beer cups? Why not add the Aldi,Emirates and cup to that lists too... Abeg stop mentioning the names of those silly cups when real trophies are being discussed.

Drogba,Aguero,Silva?......Abeg stop plucking random names off your head all in the sake of having an arguement. And If Xavi did not win in 2010, the chances of him winning it now are as slim becoming a Multi Billionaire overnight.

Torres?...Which Torres? He should count himself extremely lucky if he makes the Top 30.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ddippset(m): 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2012
did i hear u say whiskers? maybe we should propose medals for teams that cling on to the whiskers of any competition. except of course you dont watch argentina's and messi's games. ven when he is not scoring he is clearly the best on the pitch and the fans are loving him. you dont need messi to score in order to love him. say what you say messi scored 73 and these 73 goals gave barca 4 trophies last season. he broke records which have been standing for decades and which will stand on for decades. not one not two. A lot of guys won big time trophies; aguero, drogba, et al. so if it's gonna be about team trophies then the ballon dor might not go to whom you have in mind.
chic2pimp:

I could also say One led his team to within whiskers of the European Championships final while the other's team went out at the QF stage of an Inferior competiton whilst registering no goals to his name.

Kings cup,club world cup,supercups??....Are those names of trophies or beer cups? Why not add the Aldi,Emirates and cup to that lists too... Abeg stop mentioning the names of those silly cups when real trophies are being discussed.

Drogba,Aguero,Silva?......Abeg stop plucking random names off your head all in the sake of having an arguement. And If Xavi did not win in 2010, the chances of him winning it now are as slim becoming a Multi Billionaire overnight.

Torres?...Which Torres? He should count himself extremely lucky if he makes the Top 30.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by ddippset(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
it's no secret that i do not like ronaldo alot. so it's so so easy for me to make cases against him since messi consistently out classes him and that would be my antidote for a possible heart attack. messi is his standard for greatness and we all know that everything he does is weighted against what messi has done. i did not start this and i will not finish it. so dont put the blame on me bro. if he wins ballon dor i will be pissed big time but i would never say 'fifa gave ronaldo ballon dor' like the messi detractors would.let the voters vote.
usbcable:

you no dey far from anything messi.
and as expected your brain artiries will pump as many blood as possible at the mention of ronaldo.

may you not have a heart attack just because of ronaldo.

i wonder what you will do if eventually he wins the BDO.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by otokx(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2012
congrats Iniesta, you deserve it.
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Sagamite(m): 12:14am On Jul 09, 2012
floriana:
Someone said it is better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and clear the doubt.

So why did you speak then?

You are too daft to listen to the "Someone"?
Re: Andres Iniesta Named Best Player Of Euro 2012 by Sagamite(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
ifeci:

Oga humility should be part of it, and it attracts fans & as you can see; awards to great players, check out d likes of messi, he is loved not only because of the magic he produces but because he is humble. The guy that quoted the bible just gave you a valuable key to success but you decided to throw it in the trash in arrogance.

So I take it someone like Andy Murray that hates to smile and hates the press should not be recognise if he is the best in tennis because people (even the UK) hardly like him?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Juventus Vs Real Madrid UCL (2 - 2) On 5th November 2013 / Oshoala Scores A Brace And Provides 2 Assists As Barcelona Defeats Benfica 9-0 / Drogba Could Rejoin Chelsea On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.