Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! (14309 Views)

How Much Is A Bag Of Pure Water In Your Area / Amazing Benefits Of Pure Honey And Why You Should Consume It! / Scarcity Of 'Pure Water' In Ilorin Over Impending Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by hillsate: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
iykak47: Instead of you to counter what Buzugee said, you resort to insults. Na wao for you.

@Iykak47. Did you really read the statement by buzugee below. I made the reference points bold for you to see. Now thats what is referred to as insult.

buzugee: you know the problem with people like you ? you have that ME ME ME ME ME ME ME mentality. its only about you. the suffering of others is irrelevant so long as you are not inconvenienced. look a few post above this one. there is the picture of a kid hawking water. now lets do the math. how much does the packaging wrap cost ? how much did it cost to get the water ice cold ? how about the suffering of the kid-how much does that cost ? how much on the percentage of the profit does the kid get ? all of this on 8 pence per sachet ? but i bet your punk azz wouldnt bat an eyelid when you pay your blackberry phone bills and when you drop major money to buy your girlfriend recharge card. get tha fockoutta here with yo lame azz

Now do you know what statements like the one below is called?

hillsate: Oh sorry, didn't know you are a teenager. Face your books and allow your parents do the worrying for now.

It is called the truth!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by dont8(m): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thank God cassava breads and cakes is sold only in Abuja, so Ayo relocate back to Lagos ASAP.:-x
ayobase: It was a shock...
Wanted buying a sachet of pure water around Wuse market when I realised this.
N20?

Its hightime we all started going about with ''water bottles'' or being waterlogged from home!
This N20 has come to stay....no body regulating....pathetic!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by MissyB3(f): 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: now i am convinced nigerians are crazy. you will pay like 16,000 naira per month for internet access, pay extravagantly for cars, pay extravagantly to enter clubs, pay extortionate amount for clothes, pay extortionate amount for your blackberrys and other luxuries but when it comes to the thing that matter most in life you are screaming murder horror ? whats 20 naira ? this is like ONLY 8 pence per sachet. geezzzz can the water people make some profit too so they can live ?
Are you having a laugh?
Blackberry, internet connection and the other abovementioned things are wants . . .luxuries . . .optional.
In other words, you MUST NOT have them. If you have them, it is because you can afford them, so why complain?
As for water, it's a NEED . . . . a necessity . . .You need it to live, and as such, people have a right to lament when its price rises extremely.
That thing was sold for N5 in 2008, and in less than 4 years, its price has tripled, and people should not complain? Seriously?
Have you any idea how many sachets of water is consumed a day by just 1 person?
Maybe we should also be quiet if we are asked directly to pay for air, simply because some of us can afford an air conditioner.

buzugee: you know the problem with people like you ? you have that ME ME ME ME ME ME ME mentality. its only about you. the suffering of others is irrelevant so long as you are not inconvenienced. look a few post above this one. there is the picture of a kid hawking water. now lets do the math. how much does the packaging wrap cost ? how much did it cost to get the water ice cold ? how about the suffering of the kid-how much does that cost ? how much on the percentage of the profit does the kid get ? all of this on 8 pence per sachet ? but i bet your punk azz wouldnt bat an eyelid when you pay your blackberry phone bills and when you drop major money to buy your girlfriend recharge card. get tha fockoutta here with yo lame azz
Give us the figures and let's do the math.
That business has been existing for a very long time and many people are still going into it, which means that there's profit to be made, probably not too much, but there is. If there wasn't, nothing stops individuals from investing in it . . . there are several other options.
It's not okay to increase the price of anything w/out being pushed to the wall to, and it's greedy and inhuman to increase the price of a mundane comodity that exceedingly at once w/out considering the consumers.
If there's a plausible reason for the increase, could you enlighten us?

Topic:
Like I said, I know that thing was sold for N5 in 2008, I don't know if it was a gradual increase or it was a boom, but there's one option - Stop buying it, think of other options (Even though you do not have many).
It is bad enough that we have to pay as much as N5 for drinking water. . . N20 is theft.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
seyexdkoko: Chai...bikonwa..pure water sachet #20, wow am surprised...@all I tink water go soon turn good business to invest

Someone just placed an advert....check the previous page.....with N400,000.....LOL!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by 2gbasky22(m): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
buzugee: now i am convinced nigerians are crazy. you will pay like 16,000 naira per month for internet access, pay extravagantly for cars, pay extravagantly to enter clubs, pay extortionate amount for clothes, pay extortionate amount for your blackberrys and other luxuries but when it comes to the thing that matter most in life you are screaming murder horror ? whats 20 naira ? this is like ONLY 8 pence per sachet. geezzzz can the water people make some profit too so they can live ?

you talk poo!
Am sure u av not seen a sachet of water b4 or may be u own a water factory, do u think those guys who pay 16k for internent subscription nd the others u mention, do buy sachet water?
Hell no, they don't. but d poor pple dat wil stil buy it. .........,9ja dey worse every day>>>sorbs
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by koseepaaro(m): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
I've been buying a sachet of pure water (in some places) at the rate of 5 naira each since last week Monday. They said Fashola ordered them to revert the price back to N5 or they stop selling it. Though, some people are still selling it at the rate of N10 each. The area I'm talking about is Akoka, Yaba.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
Pure water N20? But it is still N5 here (in zaria). I just bought 2 (N10).
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Baawaa(m): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
jusbal: it's better we settle 4 bottle water instead.....dis is absolutely nonsense.
Bottle water price will also goes up grin grin
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
marshpearl: Even if they increase the price of poor water to N100 people will still manage . . .try increasing the price of condoms and you'll see nationwide protest plus revolution shocked smiley

LWKMD here o!
E go pass that of Unilag's!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
bcomputer101: @OP,
WHY RE U CONFUSING US?
50cl is sold for 5-naira or 10-naira.
i guess u went ahead to buy the one of 200cl.
So, go back to that shop and tell them to give u PURE WATER of 50cl...

AND IF YOU DISCOVER IS 50cl PURE WATER DEY RE SELLING FOR 20naira, PLS MOBILIZE NIGERIANS DERE AND START REVOLUTION FOR DAT SHOP!!!

It would have been easier to mobilize patriots like u if it were bought in a shop.....do u want us to cause more havoc to the traffic at Wuse?
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by 2gbasky22(m): 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
Wetin concern agbero concern overload?
As long as the bore hole wey dey my compound dey work well and d refridgirator dey active, wetin concern me concern sachet water wey get taste
But 4 my area na stil 10 box sha which is relatively still too high.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Sealeddeal(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Its still sold at #5 here in SE.Abuja is a big city naa.why should u even expect to see satchet water at abuja? Abuja is not meant for the paupers the way new york is not made for the indigents
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
doublecross: its high time nigerians stop blaming the governments. the nigerian people are also crazy. when i say crazy , i mean very very crazy. the price of men clothings increased to about double the original price and no body complained about that. A jean is sold for like N3500 TO 4000. one cant even buy good cloths to wear with N10,000. a whole lot has increased in price and nothing was done. now the price of pure water has been increased to just N20 and everyone is going gaga. silly nigerians.

Whats silly about Nigerians here?
Why will pure water price be inflated?
Go for corduroy if u can't afford jean!
Must the poor/average Nigerian not complain again?
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
alj harem: You people want increase in price of fuel without building an indigenous refinery ?

Well, welcome to fresh air.

POC
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
alj harem: You people want increase in price of fuel without building an indigenous refinery ?

Well, welcome to fresh air. Bunch of Idddeeiioots.

Na for refinery den dey produce pure water?
U are that ''noun''!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by auwal87(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
The Fresh Air saga continues

The following may be the causes though:
1. Electricity (everybody knows how poor the power is in the country, and how expensive the fuel has become)
2. Raw materials (cost of the poly-bags might have increase due to oil prices too)
3. Labour (the salary you will pay to Abuja residents can't be the same with other states due to expensive living costs)
4. Fresh Air
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
ifihearam: Na GEJ make dem sell satchet water for 20naira??

U get time to dey answer some fools!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
auwal87: The Fresh Air saga continues

The following may be the causes though:
1. Electricity (everybody knows how poor the power is in the country, and how expensive the fuel has become)
2. Raw materials (cost of the poly-bags might have increase due to oil prices too)
3. Labour (the salary you will pay to Abuja residents can't be the same with other states due to expensive living costs)
4. Fresh Air

Quite qualitative. You hit the nail on the head.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
gbadexy: The greedy people are eyeing and comparing with the price of bottle water.
They must have an association and discussed that the people don't have cheaper alternative.
Any creative person that can introduce an innovative and cheaper source of water for sale would make a killing.

Whats ur plan!
ice water level?....bringing back the old days!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by davida222(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Befor a bottle of coke in Nigeria used
to sell for just 10 naira what has
happened to nigeria naira. Is nigeria
moving foward or backward. I
remenber wen i first came to the U.S,
for studys i came with just 2500naira and 20kobo in 1989 and it lasted for a
full 9 months, i remenber paying for a
house offcampus 4 just 200 naira to
u.s dollers then. So my Question is
what has gone wrong with The giant
of Africa? God help tht cntrý!!!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
for my area, its still 5 naira. I wouldn't want to be at your side cos I would have caused havoc
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Cwhyte(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
I run a portable water factory, including pure water(sachet water) and would like to contribute to this thread.

Though N20 per sachet can't be justified, but there are tins u guys really need to consider:

1-price of fuel has gone up, we need fuel to power gen and d delivery van.

2- our staff at d sachet water section complained of salary and we increased it by 25% 2months ago because we know d situation of d country. D least salary is now N16,500.

3- cost of nylon went up by almost 20% since d fuel subsidy removal, we don't produce that, we buy.

4-you have to keep some money aside for maintenance, in fact d mechanics now charge more for trucks.

5-lagos collects tax every other month.

6- d association collects annual dues

7- NAFDAC is on our neck 247, lab test, every3months and plus we pay d cleaners to keep d environment clean every day.

8-now let's talk of our profit
9- plus we have to set some money aside for growth.

10-d GEJ factor (u can't just take that away)

Don't get me wrong, N20 per sachet is a rip off, I just wanted to explain what d producers in Abuja mite be going thru.

Anyways we sell ours for N100 a bag. N10 per sachet is still ok sha.

AQUARON WATER.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by 3rdparty: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
@Poster,
what did you think transformation was all about?
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2012
Jonatanomic.
edogram.:
After PHCN 50% increase and fuel hike, one will not be surprise. Jona economic.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by dasparrow: 12:46am On Jul 04, 2012
ayobase: It was a shock...
Wanted buying a sachet of pure water around Wuse market when I realised this.
N20?

Its hightime we all started going about with ''water bottles'' or being waterlogged from home!
This N20 has come to stay....no body regulating....pathetic!

Do what americans do here in the summer. Take a water bottle (an insulated one that can keep your water cool) and place it in the freezer or fridge and then take it with you when you leave the house. If you think that is too much of an inconvenience, then I guess you will have to pay the 20 naira for a satchet of water when you feel thirsty. All the best!
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Bluemoon1(f): 2:03am On Jul 04, 2012
lol at some comments...
dasparrow:

Do what americans do here in the summer. Take a water bottle (an insulated one that can keep your water cool) and place it in the freezer or fridge and then take it with you when you leave the house. If you think that is too much of an inconvenience, then I guess you will have to pay the 20 naira for a satchet of water when you feel thirsty. All the best!

dasparrow tell them abeg...whats so difficult about that?
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by tpia5: 2:12am On Jul 04, 2012
try increasing the price of condoms and you'll see nationwide protest plus revolution

big lie, sweeetie.

even if condoms were two naira, some will still not use them.

no be man dey carry belle.

and even if condoms were N20,000 each, those will buy regularly will still buy.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Duradegx: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2012
tpia@:
That's terrible, lord have mercy.
ok
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by Duradegx: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2012
may GOD save us from the hand of the leaders who strived innocents to death
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by SeunOlat: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2012
Abi o. After strugglin thru school, NYSC in far away & volatile Jos, searchin for a job for yrs in ds jobless country, now God has blessed me wit a Pure water factory & some pple don't want me to make profit? God forbid bad thin. Some even go as far as sayin ''afterall pure water owners dnt buy d water they sell'' Do they know we hav to pump d water out of the ground wit generator because PHCN is inefficient? Do they also know we hv to buy d nylon for packagin d water at a new price because of d new price of petrol, buy fuel at N97 for our generator & transprt d water to d retailers who demand for extra bags, pay d drivers, motorboys, cleaners, packers, operator who operates d machines at d factory & also pay NAFDAC & SON every 2yrs even after payin to obtain d reg. number. We also hv an association (ATWAP) dt collects a fine of N50k frm any pure water owner dt sells BELOW N100 per bag. Pls lets be reasonable & call a spade a spade. The govt isn't makin business easy in ds country. I even posted this wit a pseudo name to avoid harassment form d above mentioned groups. May God help us.
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by edogram1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
Na wa oh, after poor man for abuja done eat apkuu bread finish no water for am to drink, na ASO ROCK them go de shiit for abuja now. Make Gej ready for aso rocks everywhere
Re: Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! by ayobase(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
davida222: Befor a bottle of coke in Nigeria used
to sell for just 10 naira what has
happened to nigeria naira. Is nigeria
moving foward or backward. I
remenber wen i first came to the U.S,
for studys i came with just 2500naira and 20kobo in 1989 and it lasted for a
full 9 months, i remenber paying for a
house offcampus 4 just 200 naira to
u.s dollers then. So my Question is
what has gone wrong with The giant
of Africa? God help tht cntrý!!!

IBB started it, and nobody shld tell me ''watch what u'r saying!''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You See A Man In The Market: / Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup / What Type Of Food Are You Good At Cooking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.