Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son (5458 Views)

DSS Files New Charge Against Dasuki, Says He Left The Army Without Resigning / Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva / Abiola's Son Wants Theft Charge Against Him Dismissed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by jidsoon(m): 5:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
A Lagos State High Court in Ikeja Monday discharged and acquitted Deji Abiola, son of the late acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola, of the N35.5 million theft charge preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Deji was discharged by Justice Adeniyi Onigbanjo after the EFCC decided to withdraw the case against him.

He was dragged before the court for allegedly stealing N35.5 million belonging to a Lagos-based printer, Mr Jide Jose under the pretext of helping the complainant import printing machines from Switzerland.

During Monday’s proceedings, EFCC prosecutor, Mr Omeiza Adebola informed the court that the prosecution was withdrawing its case against Abiola.

Adebola said the prosecution was discontinuing the case because Abiola and Jose had resolved the matter out of court..

The application was not opposed by Abiola’s counsel, Chief Phillip Jimoh-Lasisi (SAN), who reiterated that the matter has been resolved amicably between both parties.

The judge, in a short ruling, discharged and acquitted Abiola of the one-count charge of theft.

He said: “The accused is hereby discharged and acquitted.This is following the application filed by the prosecution (EFCC) dated July 2, 2012, notifying the court of its intention to withdraw the charge after an agreement was reached between the accused and the complainant”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/02/efcc-withdraws-fraud-charge-against-abiolas-son/
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by ZUBY77(m): 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2012
Whatever.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by AK481(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2012
Is jonathan serious about anti corruption war?
I leave u to ansa that 1
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by kiyosaki1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
AK 48: Is jonathan serious about anti corruption war?
I leave u to ansa that 1
He was found not guilty by a competent court of law.Do you have any problem with that ?
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by overkillR(f): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
Did you read the post before commenting? Both parties agreed to settle out of court. How does GEJ fit into your theory?

I leave u to ansa that 1
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by coninse: 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2012
My fellow Nigerians, this message is to wake us up from our slumber.

A sad and unfortunate case in humanity: an island (Taiwan) produces more than an entire continent (Africa).

In 1965, Nigeria is richer than Taiwan. Taiwan is very poor and has no resources. They were given the same aid funds US gave Nigeria. We are blessed with resources which they don't have. But look at Taiwan today, they are richer than us. Despite its rich resources, the 54 nations in Africa have not yet manage to advance industrially. Africa produces only just 1% of the world’s industrial output. This is ironically, even less than the island of Taiwan, which account for 1.1% of global industrial output.

Thanks to our past leaders for making life unbearable for us with their selfish desires. It is time Nigeria !!!

All of them looted and mismanaged our funds, yet we keep silent hoping God will judge them. If we keep thinking this way, then we are fools and weak. They are oppressing the poor with the looted funds and yet we keep praising them. They are enjoying all looted funds while the masses are in pain. They are ungodly and we should show them no mercy.

We need to start eliminating them. We must not spare them if we want our future leaders to respect us. We must not forgive them!!! It is unacceptable!!!

Please show them no mercy. We need to start acting now to let them know we are not slaves but son of the land. Let us start creating a strategic plan to kill all past living leaders. Their dead is better than their living. I know we Nigerians are also corrupt but this started from the Nigeria leaders by making her citizens to suffer and pushing us towards untold hardship. I can directly do the sponsoring and come to make this work, all I need is support from my people.

I cannot forgive those leaders for making life miserable for us compare to other countries. I am ready to lay down my life to save the future of my country and our unborn generations.

If we want Nigeria to work, we need to start passing judgment on them and keep fighting for true justice, Nigeria and Nigerians will change. If everyone knows that justice is working in Nigeria, corruption and crime will reduce.

What are you opinions my fellow country people?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by musulumi(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
another level of compromise wink i trust Naija
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
Someone ITT'd someone?
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by osolomio: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2012
kiyosaki1: He was found not guilty by a competent court of law.Do you have any problem with that ?
yes
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by Degis(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
coninse: My fellow Nigerians, this message is to wake us up from our slumber.

A sad and unfortunate case in humanity: an island (Taiwan) produces more than an entire continent (Africa).

In 1965, Nigeria is richer than Taiwan. Taiwan is very poor and has no resources. They were given the same aid funds US gave Nigeria. We are blessed with resources which they don't have. But look at Taiwan today, they are richer than us. Despite its rich resources, the 54 nations in Africa have not yet manage to advance industrially. Africa produces only just 1% of the world’s industrial output. This is ironically, even less than the island of Taiwan, which account for 1.1% of global industrial output.

Thanks to our past leaders for making life unbearable for us with their selfish desires. It is time Nigeria !!!

All of them looted and mismanaged our funds, yet we keep silent hoping God will judge them. If we keep thinking this way, then we are fools and weak. They are oppressing the poor with the looted funds and yet we keep praising them. They are enjoying all looted funds while the masses are in pain. They are ungodly and we should show them no mercy.

We need to start eliminating them. We must not spare them if we want our future leaders to respect us. We must not forgive them!!! It is unacceptable!!!

Please show them no mercy. We need to start acting now to let them know we are not slaves but son of the land. Let us start creating a strategic plan to kill all past living leaders. Their dead is better than their living. I know we Nigerians are also corrupt but this started from the Nigeria leaders by making her citizens to suffer and pushing us towards untold hardship. I can directly do the sponsoring and come to make this work, all I need is support from my people.

I cannot forgive those leaders for making life miserable for us compare to other countries. I am ready to lay down my life to save the future of my country and our unborn generations.

If we want Nigeria to work, we need to start passing judgment on them and keep fighting for true justice, Nigeria and Nigerians will change. If everyone knows that justice is working in Nigeria, corruption and crime will reduce.

I suggest Seun should put Age restriction on this site. Oya, run along, go watch Barney and friends

1 Like

Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by denitro(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2012

sorry to ask this question. "Who did you vote for during the last election?"
If it was G.E.J.......STOP COMPLAINING. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by overkillR(f): 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Degis:

I suggest Seun should put Age restriction on this site. Oya, run along, go watch Barney and friends

Ouchhh!!!!
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2012

Marty and/or messiah and/or Jihadist in the making.....you need a girl tonite.
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by Ogbodavies(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2012
i pity gej,any post carries at least a bad comment about him,gej dis gej dat una wan kil am wit una post
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by onatisi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
femary2: Whats Jonathan business in this?

i wonder oooo , now even if rain no fall na Jonathan fault
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by AK481(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
kiyosaki1: He was found not guilty by a competent court of law.Do you have any problem with that ?

Hold your fire!
Have u ever passed any exam in your life? I m thinking,u haven't.
1.He wasn't found innocent either,efcc withdrew out of court,doesn't mean he is innocent.
2 olodo,read my statement again , correct yourself.I asked a yes or no question,now u ve failed again.
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by maigaskiya1: 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
denitro:

sorry to ask this question. "Who did you vote for during the last election?"
If it was G.E.J.......STOP COMPLAINING. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
wat maner of an idiot re u.did u atend skol at al.d young man is gvng acount of ur years of wooes u menton gudluk.na gudluk be nija wahala u no ask ur uncle ibb or ur hoples grandpa obj.bastard

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by tunapawizzy: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2012
I leave u to ansa that 1
If rain fall u go blame GEJ, if sun shine u go blame GEJ,if ur wife cook soup wey no sweet u go blame GEJ...haba let's think twice b4 we post.
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by wandeay: 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
you can always go scot free in Nigeria if u hav d money, 9ja, i hail thee
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by jude33084(m): 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2012
femary2: Whats Jonathan business in this?

If nor be GEJ biz maybe na ur own?

Who is the presido of the country?
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by jude33084(m): 11:18pm On Jul 02, 2012

It was said that EFCC withdrew the case nt that the court of law found him nt guilty smiley
The question is this; why did they charge or sued him in the first place? cool
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by jude33084(m): 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2012
tunapawizzy:
If rain fall u go blame GEJ, if sun shine u go blame GEJ,if ur wife cook soup wey no sweet u go blame GEJ...haba let's think twice b4 we post.

That's what comes with the sit of the president. Flood sweep away your building and maybe an aircraft crashed ontop of your house? Who will you blame?
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by alexola20(m): 12:25am On Jul 03, 2012
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by qualified(f): 5:22am On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=AK 48]Is jonathan serious about anti corruption war?
I leave u to ansa that

seriously i think there shld age restriction on NL.
@ak48 or whatever u bear, must u show d world how dumb or frustrated u are? A law court dismisses a case cos both parties have settled out of court n u concluded its corruption n demands d president's head! Haba, wher is ur brain located? Plss check if it has left its position.
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by 3rdparty: 7:42am On Jul 03, 2012
Better to settle out of court than soil the family name for chickfeed
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by stepo707: 10:14am On Jul 03, 2012
tunapawizzy:

Na because say GEJ name sweet, same as OBJ. wink
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by Stiv(m): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2012
People who want to keep on blaming the President for their personal misfortunes should take this as a warning. It will not be tolerated anymore. Yar'adua was not criticized, Obasanjo was not. Didn't they have flaws? Don't hate, appreciate. A word is enough for the fools.
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by landinfo: 12:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
3rdparty: Better to settle out of court than soil the family name for chickfeed
bros d ABIOLA name has alwayz bin soiled in dirt
ee don tey no b 2day ee start evun wen he waz alive
Re: EFCC Withdraws Fraud Charge Against Abiola’s Son by juman(m): 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
People always see Deji as a spoiled brat.

(1) (Reply)

Lai Muhammed Abducted By Masked-men In Osun / How Jonathan, Diezani And 28 Others Converted Maitama Hills Private Use. Video. / Late Mr. James Ocholi And His Family Were Murdered Says FRSC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.