Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal (1261 Views)

Cannibal Mum Tries To Eat Her Own Baby Shortly After Giving Birth [see Photos] / Put Your Family's Safety First: Safest Way To Change PHCN Cutout Automatically / The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by Johndoe100(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2012
The aim of this series is to help families [/b]living in Nigeria to be aware of situations that they may not consider to be risky but which can turn out to be very bad. I will use actual cases to illustrate the danger and give a safety tip at the end.

[b]Jimoh Obabu Salau
probably was born and grew up like most other Nigerian men of his age and generation. Unlike his contemporaries, however by the time Jimoh had joined the army and become a fully-fledged “mad dog” as we fondly call our uniformed men and women he had evolved into something very few people could have imagined. The problem was that Jimoh liked to eat. He liked to eat human beings, their internal organs to be precise. When the army sent him to fight alongside others in the Ecomog forces in the Liberia this was a perfect opportunity for Jimoh to get a steady supply of his favourite food. Alas as with all good things he over did it and was apprehended for killing and eating innocent civilians. In the best traditions of the military, they simply shipped him back home to Nigeria and gave him the boot from the Army leaving him free to eat some more of us.

Either due to circumstances or simply because women are a pain in the azz, he killed and ate the intestines of his wife and two children in 2003; he then sold the other parts of their bodies to people. Sadly, his wife was a police officer and was missed, he was promptly traced arrested and charged for the triple homicide. He was sentenced to death and was awaiting execution at the Kaduna prison. What happened next is not too clear but it seems it was decided by some “powerful people” that he was useful so he was PARDONED. And set free to eat some more of us.

Having learnt his lesson, that eating people that can be missed is not the brightest idea Jimoh relocated to Ogun state, in the southwest and eventually became an okada rider who chose a route that enabled him to take passengers to a motor park whilst passing through a bushy area. This was perfect for him, as he made sure that he had plenty of “meat” to eat and sell. Once again, luck ran out on him as some farmers saw him as he was killing a young 22-year-old student (Miss Idowu Aliyu) who he was taking to the motor park to catch a vehicle back to school. The farmers quickly rounded him up and called the cops. Sadly, the girl was dead. Jimoh is still being held by the police and has not yet been charged to court for this latest death.

The police believe that he has not been working alone and I agree. How many of you would like to bet that Jimoh would again be pardoned and freed to eat even more of us?

Now how to protect your family from our fellow fellow citizens like Jimoh? When you are traveling make, sure someone else accompanies the person to the motor park and knows which vehicle they board if it is possible. The same goes for any journey that the route passes through lonely and bushy stretches of road.

Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by ifyalways(f): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2012
Horror!
What's the name of this family program, which station airs it?
Btw, Johnny what happened to our ijaw thread?
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by tasandra: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
shocked shocked shocked i cry 4 that young girl cry crymay her soul RIP,naija,naija,naija cry
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by maclatunji: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
The story feels like something you would get on X-Files.Terrible things happen in this jungle we call Nigeria.
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is crazy.
JD,could you provide the source for this?
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by Johndoe100(m): 3:42am On Jul 04, 2012
ifyalways: Horror!
What's the name of this family program, which station airs it?
Btw, Johnny what happened to our ijaw thread?

The series is produced by me. I don't think anyone else really cares that much about the ordinary folk.
Which Ijaw thread is that?

Richvkunt: This is crazy.
JD,could you provide the source for this?

No not crazy, just Nigeria, the real Nigeria.

Source
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 05, 2012
OP,
Thanks for source.Like I said Nigeria is a crazy country where incredible and strange things happen.This guy had previously killed his wife and kid and chewed up their intestines and some one managed to help him escape the long hands of the law,so that he could go ahead and kill another victim.Its a sick and crazy country we live in.

Aside,I find it quite funny that people are not commenting on such a serious thread as the one the OP has started here,I bet if it was the usual fare of jejune topics/threads the usual suspects would be here in full force spilling their bile,while the moderators would sling it on the front page.
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by Johndoe100(m): 3:31am On Jul 05, 2012
Yes, the usual suspects are busy with the threads that push their idealized view of what Nigeria is like. This thread and others like it show the reality of Nigeria. I just want the real Nigerians who visit this board and have families to learn from this.

Richvkunt: OP,
Thanks for source.Like I said Nigeria is a crazy country where incredible and strange things happen.This guy had previously killed his wife and kid and chewed up their intestines and some one managed to help him escape the long hands of the law,so that he could go ahead and kill another victim.Its a sick and crazy country we live in.

Aside,I find it quite funny that people are not commenting on such a serious thread as the one the OP has started here,I bet if it was the usual fare of jejune topics/threads the usual suspects would be here in full force spilling their bile,while the moderators would sling it on the front page.
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by aleroo(f): 8:43am On Jul 05, 2012
Lol@ to eat more of us
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by ifyalways(f): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
John, you produce it?when and where does it air?
I meant our "ijaw names and meaning" thread. Can't find the link now.
Re: The Family Safety Series – The Case Of The Cannibal by Johndoe100(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2012
ifyalways: John, you produce it?when and where does it air?
I meant our "ijaw names and meaning" thread. Can't find the link now.

No seriously i is not on any channel, just here on the threads I start.

As for the Ijaw threads, what meanings do you want to know?

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Infidelity In A Marriage / Uncles Fighting Over Their Dead Parents Property / 3 Things You Should Never Borrow Money To do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.