Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Atheist Please Respect Our Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Please Respect Our Religion (741 Views)

Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo / Atheist Please Can You Explain Supernatural Phenomena? / FOR CHRISTIANS Only....(no Atheist Please) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by gendebs(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
With the constant attack I read from Atheists on this forum any time a Christian topic is been posted, forced me to paste this cos. I don't know what it is with them, but I find
that most of them simply don't want to do their homework. They attack Christianity, often misrepresent it, and fail to learn when corrected. I mean, it is truly amazing. It is as though they don't care about accuracy as long as they can deny God. In light of this, I've developed the list below of suggestions for atheists in the hopes that they might improve their approach.
Now, many atheists will scoff at this list, mock it, say I'm guilty of the same thing, etc. I expect that because they deny the true and living God, and for the most part have to argue and dispute everything. Because of their constant badgering and contrary attitude that seems to dominate everything they say, I've grown more and more reluctant to dialogue with them because it seems they simply do not want to study what they criticize and they don't want to present their arguments in a cogent, non-volatile manner. They very often use pejorative terms, demeaning phrases, and refuse to learn. Anyway, I digress. Following is the list of suggestions I have for the atheists.
1. Understanding what you attack - This is a huge one for atheists. They attack Christianity and, in my opinion, frequently fail to understand what they are criticizing.
2. Learn biblical theology - A lot of answers to objections can be found in basic Christian theology. For example, the Trinity is not three gods. Jesus has two natures: divine and human.
Justification is a legal act and sin is a legal problem.
3. Learn from correction - When a faulty understanding of
Christianity is corrected, they very often deny the correction and
defend their error.
4. Don't be stupid, a tough one for them. But you can do it if you
strain yourselves.
5. Don't use incendiary statements - like the one I used in point 4
above. It was an example of what not to do since it raises
emotional blocks that prevent rational discourse. (I have to admit I struggle with this one when dealing with atheists. I guess you can
say that I'm jaded after all my dialogues with them -- something I have to work on.)
6. Don't use emotionally laden terminology - This only detracts from
the argument. For example, atheists will use terms like magic,
magic sky god, christian fantasy, christian mythology, etc., when
attacking Christianity. Such terms only close the doors of
communication.
7. Be respectful to what we believe - You don't have to agree with
Christianity. But you need to realize that if you, for example, insult
Jesus our Savior, all you do is make yourself look bad, get people
defensive, and make atheists, as a whole, look like obstreperous
twits.
8. Use logic and evidence - when attempting to refute Christianity.
9. Read biblical passages in context - It seems that atheists refuse
to do this and just jump on a standard "contradictions" without
researching the context
10. Don't cut and paste from anti-Christian websites - Too often
atheists want others to do their thinking and research for them so
they cut and paste really bad, poorly researched stuff from other
sites.
I'm sure I'll be modifying this list as time goes on and I'm sure that
atheists will attack me for it, say I'm a hypocrite, insensitive, etc.
Like I said, they just argue about everything.
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Great post...
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by Zodiac61(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
gendebs: With the constant attack I read from Atheists on this forum any time a Christian topic is been posted, forced me to paste this cos. I don't know what it is with them, but I find
that most of them simply don't want to do their homework. They attack Christianity, often misrepresent it, and fail to learn when corrected. I mean, it is truly amazing. It is as though they don't care about accuracy as long as they can deny God. In light of this, I've developed the list below of suggestions for atheists in the hopes that they might improve their approach.
Now, many atheists will scoff at this list, mock it, say I'm guilty of the same thing, etc. I expect that because they deny the true and living God, and for the most part have to argue and dispute everything. Because of their constant badgering and contrary attitude that seems to dominate everything they say, I've grown more and more reluctant to dialogue with them because it seems they simply do not want to study what they criticize and they don't want to present their arguments in a cogent, non-volatile manner. They very often use pejorative terms, demeaning phrases, and refuse to learn. Anyway, I digress. Following is the list of suggestions I have for the atheists.
1. Understanding what you attack - This is a huge one for atheists. They attack Christianity and, in my opinion, frequently fail to understand what they are criticizing.
2. Learn biblical theology - A lot of answers to objections can be found in basic Christian theology. For example, the Trinity is not three gods. Jesus has two natures: divine and human.
defend their error.
strain yourselves.
emotional blocks that prevent rational discourse. (I have to admit I struggle with this one when dealing with atheists. I guess you can
say that I'm jaded after all my dialogues with them -- something I have to work on.)
communication.
twits.
researching the context
sites.
Dream on.
Look up "the courtier's reply."
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by logicboy01: 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Lollololol.

See this joker. It is christians that have to start respecting atheists first. You guys always throw in the first blow;]

-Atheists are confused by the devil
-All atheists are fools (psalm 14;1)
-Atheists have no sense of immorality
-Atheists are going to burn in hell.

Please, stop accusing people of what you do constantly.

Furthermore, it is the christians that always fail to use logic and evidence when arguing. For example, in the discussion of the story of Job, the christians on the thread justify the murder of Job's family to test his faith. Would it not be logical to at least hide his family for some time rather than kill them?
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by thehomer: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
gendebs: With the constant attack I read from Atheists on this forum any time a Christian topic is been posted, forced me to paste this cos. I don't know what it is with them, but I find

Do you want to do your homework in defending Christianity, understanding what atheists believe and why they believe it?

gendebs:
Now, many atheists will scoff at this list, mock it, say I'm guilty of the same thing, etc. I expect that because they deny the true and living God, and for the most part have to argue and dispute everything. Because of their constant badgering and contrary attitude that seems to dominate everything they say, I've grown more and more reluctant to dialogue with them because it seems they simply do not want to study what they criticize and they don't want to present their arguments in a cogent, non-volatile manner. They very often use pejorative terms, demeaning phrases, and refuse to learn. Anyway, I digress.

Why is your God the true and living God and not Brahman? Are you Christians ready to present your arguments in a cogent manner?

gendebs:
Following is the list of suggestions I have for the atheists.

You're ignoring the fact that many atheists were once Christians and often know more about the religion than some Christians do.

gendebs:

Biblical theology is an empty field for someone who doesn't believe in that God. If you think the answers are already available, then why don't you concisely present them when asked? If the trinity isn't three Gods, then how can that concept be coherent? Was Jesus human and God while he was on earth?

gendebs:
defend their error.

I hope you're also ready to learn from correction yourself.

gendebs:
strain yourselves.

Don't be daft. Some Christians find it hard to avoid manifesting their dullness.

gendebs:

You get what you dish out.

gendebs:
communication.

How are they emotionally laden? You can do your part by correcting them if you think they're misrepresentations.

gendebs:
twits.

Sorry but I respect people not ideas or mere beliefs. You look like nincompoops when you whine that atheists don't believe in your God. That is what they're supposed to do.

gendebs:

Use logic and evidence when attempting to defend Christianity.

gendebs:
researching the context

Place them in context if you think they're out of context. Those contradictions are there because they contradict previous statements in the Bible.

gendebs:
sites.

Don't cut and paste responses from Christian websites. Lots of Christians do this and liberally sprinkle Bible quotations in them. You would learn much better if you actually thought through and understood what was being said.
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by gendebs(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
I will want you to give me answers to this questions
1. How will you define atheism
2. How sure are you that your atheism properly represents reality?
3. How sure are you that your atheism is correct?
4. You don't believe in God and evolution. What do u believe in?

Please answer this questions because I still have more question to ask, that depend on the manner and way u answer these question. Thanks
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by Ptolomeus(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
logicboy01: Lollololol.

See this joker.

-Atheists are confused by the devil
-All atheists are fools (psalm 14;1)
-Atheists have no sense of immorality
-Atheists are going to burn in hell.

Hebrews 4:22 All atheists are ga.y, bisex.ual or transge.nder, and therefore deserve death.

Paul 12.24 Practitioners of traditional religions are worshipers of Satan, and should be burned at the stake!

Anyone who is not of Christ, Satan, and therefore must be annihilated!

On these bases, and understood all this, my friend Logic, I would ask you be respectful.
ok?
(actually my tummy hurts from laughing)
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by thehomer: 8:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
gendebs: I will want you to give me answers to this questions

I hope you'll also be willing to answer my own questions when I raise them.

gendebs:
1. How will you define atheism

Atheism is the non-belief in Gods.

gendebs:
2. How sure are you that your atheism properly represents reality?

About as sure as I am that the sun is powered by nuclear fusion.

gendebs:
3. How sure are you that your atheism is correct?

About as sure as I am that continental drift is happening on the earth.

gendebs:
4. You don't believe in God and evolution. What do u believe in?

I don't believe in the Christian God. The Gods I don't believe in depend on the concept of the God.
I do think that evolution occurs.

gendebs:
Please answer this questions because I still have more question to ask, that depend on the manner and way u answer these question. Thanks

You're welcome. As I've said, I hope you'll also be forthright in answering my questions.
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by cyrexx: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2012

Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by gendebs(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
thehomer:

Do you want to do your homework in defending Christianity, understanding what atheists believe and why they believe it?

What does atheist believe?

Why is your God the true and living God and not Brahman? Are you Christians ready to present your arguments in a cogent manner?

Who is Brahman. Pls elaborate on this

You're ignoring the fact that many atheists were once Christians and often know more about the religion than some Christians do.

Then I believe u miss interpreted the bible or u left church out of frustration or your expectation was not met. U should be patient because God word will not go unfulfilled

Biblical theology is an empty field for someone who doesn't believe in that God. If you think the answers are already available, then why don't you concisely present them when asked? If the trinity isn't three Gods, then how can that concept be coherent? Was Jesus human and God while he was on earth?

Yes he was. Hw did extra ordinary things, rose the dead, fasted for 40days and night and so on. He would not have been killed if he did not surrender himself.

I hope you're also ready to learn from correction yourself.

What correction?

Don't be daft. Some Christians find it hard to avoid manifesting their dullness.

Daft you call me telling you d truth

You get what you dish out.

Every thing we say have biblical passages. Why are u always criticizing

How are they emotionally laden? You can do your part by correcting them if you think they're misrepresentations.

U guys have made up your mind. I don't need to make u believe God exist just that I don't like the way u derail Christian topics

Sorry but I respect people not ideas or mere beliefs. You look like nincompoops when you whine that atheists don't believe in your God. That is what they're supposed to do.

If u respect my you would not call me a fool. Brother repent

Use logic and evidence when attempting to defend Christianity.

Bible is our defense what us yours?

Place them in context if you think they're out of context. Those contradictions are there because they contradict previous statements in the Bible.

Where?

Don't cut and paste responses from Christian websites. Lots of Christians do this and liberally sprinkle Bible quotations in them. You would learn much better if you actually thought through and understood what was being said.

That what you atheism do
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by thehomer: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
gendebs:

That what you atheism do

Wat?
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by gendebs(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
thehomer:

I hope you'll also be willing to answer my own questions when I raise them.

I have answered them. Thanks

Atheism is the non-belief in Gods.

If u don't believe in God what do u believe in. What can use to back your believe. Bible is to Christian, Quran
To moslems. What gives d belief that there is no God.

About as sure as I am that the sun is powered by nuclear fusion.

Science made us believe that. If the world is spherical why is it that people don't bend when they walk or stand, those under the globe why don't they fall? Those under the globe don't u think they will be upside down.

About as sure as I am that continental drift is happening on the earth.

Let reason together pull every human and object on the surface if the earth. If it's possible will body will be pulled at a certain distance from the earth which does not happen like that.

I don't believe in the Christian God. The Gods I don't believe in depend on the concept of the God.
I do think that evolution occurs.

If u believe in evolution why don't ape transform to humans again? How do we have so many languages across the world

You're welcome. As I've said, I hope you'll also be forthright in answering my questions.

More still coming [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by thehomer: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2012
gendebs:

More still coming [color=#990000][/color]

Whenever you're ready.
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by EbuksAllison7: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2012
courtier's reply
I have considered the impudent accusations of Mr Dawkins with exasperation at his lack of serious scholarship. He has apparently not read the detailed discourses of Count Roderigo of Seville on the exquisite and exotic leathers of the Emperor’s boots, nor does he give a moment’s consideration to Bellini’s masterwork, On the Luminescence of the Emperor’s Feathered Hat. We have entire schools dedicated to writing learned treatises on the beauty of the Emperor’s raiment, and every major newspaper runs a section dedicated to imperial fashion; Dawkins cavalierly dismisses them all. He even laughs at the highly popular and most persuasive arguments of his fellow countryman, Lord D. T. Mawkscribbler, who famously pointed out that the Emperor would not wear common cotton, nor uncomfortable polyester, but must, I say must, wear undergarments of the finest silk.

Dawkins arrogantly ignores all these deep philosophical ponderings to crudely accuse the Emperor of nudity.

Personally, I suspect that perhaps the Emperor might not be fully clothed — how else to explain the apparent sloth of the staff at the palace laundry — but, well, everyone else does seem to go on about his clothes, and this Dawkins fellow is such a rude upstart who lacks the wit of my elegant circumlocutions, that, while unable to deal with the substance of his accusations, I should at least chide him for his very bad form.

Until Dawkins has trained in the shops of Paris and Milan, until he has learned to tell the difference between a ruffled flounce and a puffy pantaloon, we should all pretend he has not spoken out against the Emperor’s taste. His training in biology may give him the ability to recognize dangling Instruments when he sees it, but it has not taught him the proper appreciation of Imaginary Fabrics.
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by Enigma(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2012
Are people still peddling "Courtier's Reply"?

I guess they have not heard of the "Myers' Shuffle"!!! https://www.nairaland.com/298119/30-keys-being-effective-atheist/2#9495918

cool
Re: Atheist Please Respect Our Religion by Kay17: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2012
@OP

Is God bound by Logic?

(1) (Reply)

How To Worship The Nigerian God / Please Explain Romans 7:15-24 (NIV) / How To Know If Your Church Is A CULT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.