Stats: 3,153,370 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister (11382 Views)

Anambra Has Never At Any Point Been The Economic Power Of The East-stats / Osun Emerges With Lowest Unemployment Rate In Nigeria – NBS / Anambra Has 5 Out Of 20 Of The Nominees For Nigeria's Living Legends - How Come? (2) (3) (4)

Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manchy7531: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2012
By VINCENT UJUMADU

AWKA— THE minister of National Planning and Vice Chairman of the National Planning Commission, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, yesterday said in Awka that Anambra was one of the few states in the country with the lowest level of unemployment. He attributed the situation to the entrepreneurial capability of the people of the state.

Speaking during the flag –off of the Gross Domestic Product, GDP, computation in Nigeria, for the South East geo-political zone, the minister said with about 10% unemployment rate, Anambra was one of the least among the 36 states in the country.

According to him, “the reason is not far–fetched because the people of the state are very resourceful, adding that rather than continue to seek employment, they are mainly employers of labour”.

The three major cities in the state which are Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi have great potentials for economic transformation of the country. While Onitsha is well known for commerce, Awka and Nnewi are famous for black smiting and industrial development respectively.”

The minister described Anambra State Integrated Development Strategy, ANIDS, policy as similar to the federal government’s Transformation Agenda and explained that he would study the operation of ANIDS because it had helped to fast track the development of the state.

He said: “We don’t have objective statistics in this country because we don’t have objective data for measuring economic activities. What often happens is that a governor with goodwill in the media usually gets favourable assessment as a great performer, which is wrong. It is not clear how the media arrive at such assessment since there can only be an accurate statistics if there is available accurate data.”

The Minister explained that the choice of Awka for the flag off of the GDP computation project for the South East was in recognition of the leadership qualities of Governor Peter Obi who he noted had demonstrated commitment to sound economic management, accountability and transparency.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/anambra-has-lowest-rate-of-unemployment-minister/

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manchy7531: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
where is that foolish boy call nasir el rufai?let him come and fault this claim.idiot!!

long live my anambra brothers,long live umuigbo

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
That's because the average Anambrarian is a hustler and will not settle for poverty. If there's no job then they'll create one.

Anambra mmamanu. Igbo Kwezuenu

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Dainfamous: 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2012
rufai is a mad dog he doesnt no anambra state....
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by noiseless: 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2012
Mr.minister, how much assistance has your federal govt ever given to this Anambra state and others around her? Shame that's the question i will like you to ask yourself and your gang.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by NwaNimo1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
Unemployment in Anambra is not even up to 3%.

Even most children at primary and secondary school have a form of hustle.

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Yeske2(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
At last that jobless eediot with his stats and figures from the pit of hell has been shamed.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
unemployment should be our focus in igboland
anambra is showing the way
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Dainfamous: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
anambra the great pillar of igboland.......
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Ejine(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Bros Manchy, try dey add link for your posts naa. I think say we don tell you dis before.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by warrior01: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
I bet you wouldn't see all those haters and bearers of bad news on this thread. The fact is no matter how long it takes, truth will always prevails
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Abagworo(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2012
re@lchange:
unemployment should be our focus in igboland
anambra is showing the way

the minister said with about 10% unemployment rate, Anambra was one of the least among the 36 states in the country.

So there are other States lower or as low. I suspect Ogun and Abia.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manchy7531: 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ejiné: Bros Manchy, try dey add link for your posts naa. I think say we don tell you dis before.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/anambra-has-lowest-rate-of-unemployment-minister/
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nchara: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2012
Abagworo:

So there are other States lower or as low. I suspect Ogun and Abia.

Definitely Abia. Not sure of Ogun as there are hordes of unemployed area boys and motor park touts. Other states would be Delta and a few northern states who in the first place have no one to employ due to low population(they are only good at counting horses and cows as humans).

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Ejine(m): 2:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by bashr8: 3:40am On Jul 04, 2012
we dont need media to tell us that everybody knows that.

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by nwabobo: 4:42am On Jul 04, 2012
I don't know where this man got his 10% stat from. Unemployment in Anambra is below 5%. I've never seen any fit Anambrarian who is above 20 yrs and unemployed.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by sheyguy: 8:35am On Jul 04, 2012
I can bet, 33% of those employed can't come out to declare themselves gainfully employed. Either they just sell stuff like Gala, torchlight and belt in traffic hold up to survive or they are into one crime or the other.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:11am On Jul 04, 2012
Because my people dont wait to be employed, we employ people..

Ndi Igbo Kwezu enu ooooo!!!
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by PeeDaVinci: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2012
2 questions

[size=16pt]- how do we define un-employment in nigeria
- how does the govt collect their data[/size]

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 04, 2012
I do not believe anything that has to do with statistics in Nigeria, the reason is, there is no biometric database.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2012
A gala hawker is also employed?

a freelancer he's got no other job but to pose as a merchant in various markets so as to refer you to the real merchants in order to get a tip from you is also employed right?

What is employment?

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Lordave: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2012
And where is Yobe, Jigawa, Kebbi, Taraba, Zamfara, etc.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Afam4eva(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2012
sheyguy: I can bet, 33% of those employed can't come out to declare themselves gainfully employed. Either they just sell stuff like Gala, torchlight and belt in traffic hold up to survive or they are into one crime or the other.
Whether they are selling Gala or brukutu, they're gainfully employed. If Mohammed does not go to the mountain, the mountain goes to mohammed. I want to comment the hustling spirit of ndi Agbenu.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2012
afam4eva:
Whether they are selling Gala or brukutu, they're gainfully employed. If Mohammed does not go to the mountain, the mountain goes to mohammed. I want to comment the hustling spirit of ndi Agbenu.

Selling gala equals gainfully employed? i see why Nigerians are in poverty.

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2012
Anambra state probably has the highest concentration of millionaires in Nigeria. Too many well to do folks, cos they all have an unwavering spirit of enterprise. Ndi Anambra di egwu.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by maigaskiya1: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2012
Da infamous: anambra the great pillar of igboland.......
where is dat bastard midget of a catle rearer,nd other idiots frm nl dat joind in d insult may g.od purnish u all amen.anambra state is d 2nd most industralizd state in nija,so any rite thnkng human shud knw d employment potentials of ds.so dat clueles homo sapien kald rufai shud tel us hs contributn 2hs home state kd
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by maigaskiya1: 9:56am On Jul 04, 2012
where is dat bastard midget of a catle rearer,nd other idiots frm nl dat joind in d insult may g.od purnish u all amen.anambra state is d 2nd most industralizd state in nija,so any rite thnkng human shud knw d employment potentials of ds.so dat clueles homo sapien kald rufai shud tel us hs contributn 2hs home state kd
Billyonaire: I do not believe anything that has to do with statistics in Nigeria, the reason is, there is no biometric database.
where is dat bastard midget of a catle rearer,nd other idiots frm nl dat joind in d insult may g.od purnish u all amen.anambra state is d 2nd most industralizd state in nija,so any rite thnkng human shud knw d employment potentials of ds.so dat clueles homo sapien kald rufai shud tel us hs contributn 2hs home state kd if u dnt beleve ds then d rumour of ekiti havng d highest numbr of profs in nija is a big falacy
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 04, 2012
manchy7531: We don’t have objective statistics in this country because we don’t have objective data for measuring economic activities. What often happens is that a governor with goodwill in the media usually gets favourable assessment as a great performer, which is wrong. It is not clear how the media arrive at such assessment since there can only be an accurate statistics if there is available accurate data.”

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2012
manchy7531:

GBAM? i think una don here? Yesteraday, i saw a thread that was saying ENUGU is the heart of South Eastern Nigerian... Case, close.. Get alot of fact before publishing not telling us this is this without fact.. Anambra is the GBOZA of the East.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Afam4eva(m): 10:01am On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Selling gala equals gainfully employed? i see why Nigerians are in poverty.
have you ever heard of being self-employed? Pls define employment.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 04, 2012
sheyguy: I can bet, 33% of those employed can't come out to declare themselves gainfully employed. Either they just sell stuff like Gala, torchlight and belt in traffic hold up to survive or they are into one crime or the other.

Shaattap, ala roro like you, You have never heard of " give an Anambra man a kiosk and in one year he will give you back a super market, I am not from anambra but I gbadu their style cool

Yinka Johnson Re-arraigned For Reckless Driving / Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father? / IPMAN: Reduction In Diesel Price Yet To Reflect Due To Old Stock