Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,212 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police (6418 Views)

Any Evidence Yet Against GEJ? / No Evidence Of Electoral Fraud In River State -jega / No Evidence Boko Haram Abducted 100 Men In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by oluseg2: 8:05am On Jul 04, 2012
Police have advised Nigerians not to be carried away by the purported audio of the N96m bribery scandal involving Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola aired by Channels TV.

The Force Headquarters stated that the audio recording, which was relayed on Monday by the private TV station, was not enough evidence to prosecute Lawan.

Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who spoke on the relay of the audio recording in Abuja on Tuesday, asked for the full video component of the recording which should start from the beginning of its recording.

The police spokesman said the force would not interfere with the ongoing investigation by the Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House of Representatives as long as the committee did not do anything that would jeopardise police investigations.

“We are not interested in what the committee is doing,” he stressed.

He added that the House enjoyed autonomy and so could do whatever it deemed right in the interest of the country.

“For us as a security organisation, we are focusing on our ongoing investigation and in the course of the committee’s investigation, if they stumbleon something they feel could be useful to us, I am sure the Inspector-General of Police would be glad to have such information.

“We are not monitoring them and would not interfere as long as they don’t do anything that could jeopardise what we are doing,” Mba explained.

On why it is taking the police too long to conclude investigation, Mba stressed that with the evidence so far obtained, it would amount to a waste of time and public resources to rush to court.

He said, “You just don’t rush to court for the fun of charging people to court. That is why courts are congested and that is why we don’t make progress. It does not make sense. It is unproductive; it is a waste of public resource.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-evidence-yet-to-prosecute-lawan-police/
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Kenneth205(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2012
They Knw themselves jare

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2012
Nigerian wahala... Abeg lets talk biz....Pals, I got a contract by a multi- national oil company to get a space beside a water-side at Calaber, Warri or PH for a Jetty to be built. But preferably Calabar. Anyone who can link me up with such a location can mail me at tit2870@yahoo.com. Please if you aren`t sure of the source just walk away and don`t bother contacting me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by ifihearam: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2012
Useless nigerian police. Someone admitted he collected the money and you are saying there is no sufficient evidence against him? Na wa ooo.

2 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2012
No evidence yet...
Of course, like Bankole, Etteh, and the other crooks..

I fear for my generation. We'd have a lot of thieves to look up to..
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2012
NPF are u serious
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by ndidibabe(f): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2012
Nigeria is a confused Nation! What evidence do they need again? Didn't the SSS confirm that the Facrook/Otedola saga was a ploy with the latter to nail facrook? Maybe the SSS isn't part of the police again. Too much drama in nigeria. Just too much!

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by mrman2(m): 8:31am On Jul 04, 2012
Tell me you didn't see that coming.
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by ariyebaba(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2012
Police are friend to the rich.........
Enemy to the masses !

2 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by CHIDIEJIOGU: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2012
u c in this country once u are loyal to the powers that b nothing happens.
Its our way of life.
I wonder those that are asking for the head of dizeani will say to this.
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by tunapawizzy: 8:40am On Jul 04, 2012
These hausa idiots dun start o...which one be complete video from beginning to d end ..they are already preparing a kind of soft landing 4 d thief. the police should chase the T.J guy now. @ least call logs dey mtn office ..inconsistent comments by facrook sef dun show say na tif...n come to think of it y has he not produced the money..where is d money
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by ayusbobs(m): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2012
It happens only in Nigeria. I knEw nothing wil come out of it.
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by ebamma(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2012
make Thunder fire that your police mouth,if na one poor man una catch so for stealing 10k una for parade am for newspaper,after that send am to kiriki.

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Aifey(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2012
Some1 said I dint colect bribe. After d video; I collected bribe as evidence To nail otedola. Later again, I collected money nt bribe we hav bein frnds 4a long time. He gives me vital info 2nail companies.
Yet no evidence.
We keep foolin are selfs.
Same wit Bankole, eteh, seimens, NNPC etc.

2 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by PeeDaVinci: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2012
they are still waiting for uk to help do the prosecution, arent they? these guys make me sick !!! someone admitted to collecting bribe, and you are saying you have no evidence?? forget the tape (it has been doctored) and the SSS (believe me, SSS was not involved from outset, but otedola brought them in when he was about to phuck lawan up), but lawan's admission to collecting the money, his subsequent action in the house (motion to remove otedola's company), his refusal to give up the money and the claim by chairman of the house that he was never informed about the bribe is more than enough to lock lawan up for the rest of his sorry-ass life
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Chai!! If na poor man steal 1k na death sentence straight. But this crook admitted to collecting that large sum of money, still police dey find evidence. Singing ....... ## AFRICAN CHINA#### poor man wey still maggi dem go show him face for crime figther, crime fighter

2 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 04, 2012
oluseg2:
Police have advised Nigerians not to be carried away by the purported audio of the N96m bribery scandal involving Farouk Lawan and Femi Otedola aired by Channels TV.

The Force Headquarters stated that the audio recording, which was relayed on Monday by the private TV station, was not enough evidence to prosecute Lawan.

Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, who spoke on the relay of the audio recording in Abuja on Tuesday, asked for the full video component of the recording which should start from the beginning of its recording.

The police spokesman said the force would not interfere with the ongoing investigation by the Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House of Representatives as long as the committee did not do anything that would jeopardise police investigations.

“We are not interested in what the committee is doing,” he stressed.

He added that the House enjoyed autonomy and so could do whatever it deemed right in the interest of the country.

“For us as a security organisation, we are focusing on our ongoing investigation and in the course of the committee’s investigation, if they stumbleon something they feel could be useful to us, I am sure the Inspector-General of Police would be glad to have such information.

“We are not monitoring them and would not interfere as long as they don’t do anything that could jeopardise what we are doing,” Mba explained.

On why it is taking the police too long to conclude investigation, Mba stressed that with the evidence so far obtained, it would amount to a waste of time and public resources to rush to court.

He said, “You just don’t rush to court for the fun of charging people to court. That is why courts are congested and that is why we don’t make progress. It does not make sense. It is unproductive; it is a waste of public resource.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-evidence-yet-to-prosecute-lawan-police/
. Can someone please explain the needed evidence to actually prosecute Lawan?
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by kunlekunle: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2012
is this democracy?
can someone help me define oligarchy

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2012
There is something I do not understand, what is the role of the police. So IG can not go to MTN and get call logs to prosecute an offender ? So Otedola has to be the one to provide them with evidence? How can such evidences be admissible since its not independent. Has the police made any efforts to find TJ ? Was it not a sting operation by the SSS ? Lest I forget, 650k dollars is enough to bribe all the police officers in Nigeria, it is their way.
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by nduchucks: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2012
Double post
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by vicoloni(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2012
WHY IS EVERY ONE PRETENDING NOT TO KNOW THAT THIS FACROOK ISSUE WILL GO THIS WAY? NEXT TOPIC PLS!
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by nduchucks: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2012
My Theory:

(1)Odetola reached out to Farouk and offered to bribe him.
(2)Farouk collected the $620,000 bribe
(3)After collecting the bribe, Farouk implemented his portion of the "quo" in the "quid pro quo" by removing names of Odetola's companies from the subsidy report.
(4)Odetola tried to pull a fast one on Farouk by possibly bribing SSS officials into supporting his claim that the whole thing was a sting operation and make Farouk the sole criminal.
(5)Odetola was naive enough to think he can buy anyone including SSS member's who are more loyal to their political interests than Odetola or his money.
(6)The bribed SSS members refused to back Odetola up, and in desperation, Odetola started releasing purportedly doctored audio tapes which are inadmissible in a court of law.

Unfortunately, what we have so far, is nothing but hearsay. A second year law student should be able to successfully defend Farouk and I predict that Farouk will not serve a single day in jail. There is however, stonger evidence against Odetota and if he is not convicted for bribery, he should be convicted for claiming that this was a SSS sting operation. This saga is not good for the SSS as an institution and I predict that SSS will distance itself from Odetola's claims, publicly, soon enough.

Ho I wish GEJ's advisers can see that the President's association with Odetola does not serve GEJ and the country well, and advise that Odetola is removed from GEJ's team of economic advisers. Odetola has lost all credibility he has left. It may be time for Odetola to start planning his exile. As for Farouk, stoning awaits him in Kano. Barawo.

3 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by alaoeri: 9:10am On Jul 04, 2012
That's it the audio isn't enough τ̲̅ȍ prosecute farouk but otedola camp claims that there is α̲̅ video showing farouk stocking dollars in his cap why can't he release such video τ̲̅ȍ nail farouk outrightly. All the drama happening is just accusation/counter accusation until otedola release the video as claim by him otherwise this case 'll just be sweep under d carpet. 9jα̲̅ ŋα̲̅ today.
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by jaydi1: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2012
useless people...which oda evidence dem dey find again...until lawan nd otedola replay d scence again invite dem to come look real b dem go get evidence..rubbish
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by vicoloni(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2012
Please Nairalanders how can I remove E16 error code from my DSTV. I apologise for derailing from topic. Thanks.
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2012
NIGHT OF A THOUSAND LAUGH..........................

LAFF MATAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

THIS ASSOCIATION CALLED POLICE WILL CRACK MY RIBS

1 Like

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by boyendowed(m): 9:17am On Jul 04, 2012
No evidence yet?I am beginning to suspect this I.G of police
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:19am On Jul 04, 2012
What happen to the thousands of people awaiting trial at the Alagbon and kirikiri due to the lack of evidence?

Government should scrap Police Industry, they constitute nuisance to our environment

Let Boko Haram Protect North

Let Massob protect East

Let OPC protect westside

I am sure those groups mentioned above already have enough evidence to kill all house of rep.

2 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Olalekan0(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2012
ndu_chucks: My Theory:

(3)After collecting the bribe, Farouk implemented his portion of the "quo" in the "quid pro quo" by removing names of Odetola's companies from the subsidy report.
(4)Odetola tried to pull a fast one on Farouk by possibly bribing SSS officials into supporting his claim that the whole thing was a sting operation and make Farouk the sole criminal.
(5)Odetola was naive enough to think he can buy anyone including SSS member's who are more loyal to their political interests than Odetola or his money.
(6)The bribed SSS members refused to back Odetola up, and in desperation, Odetola started releasing purportedly doctored audio tapes which are inadmissible in a court of law.

Unfortunately, what we have so far, is nothing but hearsay. A second year law student should be able to successfully defend Farouk and I predict that Farouk will not serve a single day in jail. There is however, stonger evidence against Odetota and if he is not convicted for bribery, he should be convicted for claiming that this was a SSS sting operation. This saga is not good for the SSS as an institution and I predict that SSS will distance itself from Odetola's claims, publicly, soon enough.

Ho I wish GEJ's advisers can see that the President's association with Odetola does not serve GEJ and the country well, and advise that Odetola is removed from GEJ's team of economic advisers. Odetola has lost all credibility he has left. It may be time for Odetola to start planning his exile. As for Farouk, stoning awaits him in Kano. Barawo.
Do you honestly believe Otedola would rely on a "doctored _audio and video tape" to convince 170m nigerians? Pls put on your thinking cap!
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by boyendowed(m): 9:31am On Jul 04, 2012
ndu_chucks: My Theory:

Just listen to yourself.Don't you know what a sting operation means?Otedola has no case to answer
Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2012
Lawan will not be sentenced on the pages of Newspaper. All the pieces of evidence available at the public domain so far can not be used to even convict a world renown devil. They are too weak to even warrant prosecution as a mere no case submission will get those charges dropped.

The purported audio can even be discredited on sole account of incompleteness. If it's incomplete, then it must have been edited and if edited, it's not far fetched to emboss the notorious word "doctored" on the brea$t plate of the evidence and get it inadmissible in the court of law. Leaking this type of evidence does a great disservice to the case. It's even worse if the leakage is not emanating from the Police which as investigators are the rightful custodians of evidence.

I am of the opinion that the whole hullabaloo is to discredit the subsidy report and renders it infertile, worthless and non implementable.The powers that be are not interested in unearthing the truth not to even talk of meting out deserved punishment else the house would not call Otedola for a patently laughable in door session and the SSS that purportedly led the sting operation allowed the evidence to be discredited even before prosecution.

PDP is a party of kleptomaniacal thieves, wicked killers, recidivist liars, unpardonable villains and it will stop at nothing to see the destruction of Nigeria. The earlier we voted the thieves in power out the better for this country.

4 Likes

Re: No Evidence Yet To Prosecute Lawan – Police by nwakibie3(m): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2012
This is one of the reasons why i must be rich and my riches must come frm the loot of this country's wealth. Am not suprised at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Primaries, Akpabio Suffers Defeat / Help! Mugabe Collapses. Hunger Is About To Wipe Out Zimbabwe. Currency Worthless / What The Prompt Release Of Redeem Pastors Tell Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.