Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigerian Youth Coper Presents Petition To Ban Ki Moon To Stop Arms Proliferation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth Coper Presents Petition To Ban Ki Moon To Stop Arms Proliferation (815 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / Jonathan Asks Un To Combat Small Arms Proliferation ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth Coper Presents Petition To Ban Ki Moon To Stop Arms Proliferation by cgem: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
This was presented yesterday at the United Nations by a Nigerian Youth Corper. Here is the Statement:

Mr. Secretary General,

On behalf of International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War, it is my honor as a young physician from the once peaceful state of Jos, Nigeria, to join the voice of health workers in this civil society appeal for UN Member States to conclude an effective humanitarian-focused ATT. Such a treaty will save lives and improve human health worldwide.

Mr. Secretary, we doctors and nurses are on the front lines every day treating the broken bodies shattered by weapons. We are the ones who sign the death certificates and comfort the grieving families.

We are here to appeal to the common humanity of our leaders to take a bold step forward by bringing an end to the unregulated international weapons trade.

Signatories to this Medical Alert for a Strong ATT are doctors, nurses, and other medical workers from 58 countries. They represent millions of other health professionals who each day pledge to “do no harm” and work to promote a healthier world, which we believe the ATT will help accomplish.

Mr Secretary, It is my honor to present to you this petition. Contained in this disk is the list of all the doctors and nurses who signed the petition.

Thank you.

Re: Nigerian Youth Coper Presents Petition To Ban Ki Moon To Stop Arms Proliferation by emisun(m): 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
i dont see this happening any sooner unless the big guys who own those weapons manufacturing companies are put to sleep.but of cos these guys own most of senators,house repz and its just like this all over the globe

(1) (Reply)

Live Updates From Edo ACN Mega Rally / Masscare In Marikana Mine South Africa.( Rastenbug) / Obama Declares Nigeria As World's Next Major Economic Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.