Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users (1702 Views)

Facebook To Introduce “profile Videos” As Alternative To “profile Pictures” / How To Add All Friends To Facebook Group By Single Click / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by Wilfredng: 7:59am On Jul 05, 2012
Hello Fellow Webmasters, greetings to all.

I guess all of us who use facebook for our website promotion must have noticed the recent drop in the number of comments your fans make on your wall posts, or were you thinking that your beloved fans and readers don't come online again? Well they do. Mark Zuckerberg recently introduced the "promote" button so that we (webmasters) can pay some amounts to enable our wall posts reach more of our audience. This is different from adverts, you know.

As if the promote stuff is not enough, I read in a US magazine last month that facebook will soon start charging users. If that is implemented, it means you and I, plus all the children sleeping on facebook day and night may have to start paying for their account usage, depending on number of friends and pictures/videos uploaded. Imagine?

Well it's okay. Nigerians are smart, very very smart. I was going through some social network alternative to facebook when I saw another social network hosted on http://varpal.com/ and went further to know that it is owned by a Nigerian by name Chris. The guy is smart because I was about going into that when I saw his website, very much like the Mark Zuckerberg's facebook.

Webmasters, and Nigerians in the house, isn't this a good development? How long are we going to sit back and depend on these western guys to run our affairs for us? I don't think there is a popular forum in Africa as big as Nairaland. And I am happy that it is owned by a Nigerian as well, Seun my guy.

Let's support ourselves to grow.
See more on FACEBOOK TO START CHARGING USERS HERE http:///L61tG

1 Like

Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by globalwaly(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2012
varpal, is gonna rock , hope to see some new features different from Facebook?
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by OTIGA1(m): 8:52am On Jul 05, 2012
Moderators can you please move this to the front page, this is a nice initiative and people need to know this. Good to know we still have brilliant minds as this in Nigeria.
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by ChifineG(f): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2012
Nice. It's high time Nigeria started appreciating their own. Varpal is a great place to be.
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by 365naijanews(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2012
To me i think www.varpal is indeed an alternative to www.facebook.com becos of is simplicity and style. I am one of the biggest fan their and i enjoy thier service well. Sometime i wonder if it truely own by a nigeria by the name Christoper. Men that guy is a genius.Naija people i say if you have nt visit it do so nw by clicking this http://www.varpal.Com and you wil be amAZE.

Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by Greatdezzy(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2012
I believe in a true naija man!
Looking foreward to seeing varpal on the top. Well-done Chris.
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by Fabinu(m): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2012
I see varpal as a great alternative to facebook coz of its hot features D̶̲̥̅̊αt its in it... I see Varpal going places... Thumbs up to christopher.......
@moderators, dis type of post ought to be ind trending post coz all Nigerians need to hear dis...
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nice one there. Will explore it and share it on my blog.
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by Phate07(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
Nice initiative.
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by Emmay(m): 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
very aggressive thinking...way to go Chris. If they can do it, so can we!

Cheers!
Re: Varpal May Become Alternative To Facebook When Mark Starts Charging Users by dansmog(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
what about lagbook (if am not mistaken). Anyways thumbs up for him

(1) (Reply)

Using A Verve Card To Buy Domain? / [FREE] 4 Days Intensive Training On Website Development Using Wordpress / Newly Approved U.S & Nigeria Adsense For Sale - Unverified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.