Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

*Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* (1030 Views)

8 Things Nairalanders Should Start Doing / 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing / Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 3:56am On Dec 02, 2007
I guess I'm relatively new to this forum but I've been around long enough to know there's been a lot of talk about a nairaland party.

Threads on the topic never been able to achieve this, however i still believe that there are enough serious people out there who'd really like to get together with other members of nairaland.

If you are one of them please lets meet and make sure that this happens within the next few weeks, either as Christmas or a new year celebration.

I'll keep you all posted so please keep your ears to the ground because once the plan has been completed WE PAR-TE'
[b]
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2007
As i mentioned earlier other threads that tried to discuss this ended up without results so i believe taking this offline would make all the difference.

Personally i know there quite a few nairalanders i'll like to meet and, after numerous nairalanders that i have bumped into offline, i know i'm not alone.

Already there are those on whom i've bounced bounced off the idea and are eager to see the party happen.

Anyway, in order to make sure that our time is used most effectively this meeting would be short (45 mins max) and would be held at an office on allen avenue (i'll only be giving details to those who send an email) and the some issues to be discussed include:

entertainment
date and time
venue
publicity

So people lets start thinking about how we can make this the most fun event ever.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by Migines(m): 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2007
*after staring 4 wat seemed lyf 4eva*

. . . U go lyk talk o.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 12:15am On Dec 03, 2007
@ migines smiley

Planning my friend, thats the key. If we can come up with a fool-proof plan for a hit event and generate enough publicity both within the forum and offline then we're good to go.

Truth is once you've got a really tight venue and great publicity then you're 80% done. Entertainment, refreshments and the like can be easily sorted out. You simply wouldn't believe the kind of contacts i can pull in to make this work.

So you coming? would like to have peeps who have displayed a high level of creativity and maturity in the forum and it'd be really cool to have you there

Cheers

(meanwhile, i thot i got rid of you on another thread)
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by McOmo(m): 12:41am On Dec 03, 2007
Reminds me of d song by GT da guitarman . . .when do dreams come true in dis part of d world ? Akin, why u no organize vigil to pray 4 motherlan' and nairaland ? Na wao . .
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 12:51am On Dec 03, 2007
@ Mc

Bros i totally understand how a a few false starts might have discouraged a lot of people from having anything to do with discussing a NAIRALAND party but i think we should just keep a POSITIVE and OPEN mind. That way we'll be able to think this thru properly and give it our best shot.

, and dreams do come true in NIGERIA you just have to be able to see opportunities, think deeply and work hard enough to generate results from them.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by pin4eva(f): 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ Poster,

I think that will be a good idea, well , i am in. As long as it will not take my head.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by MrInfo1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
AM in 4 the free food grin owanbe!
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 12:19am On Dec 04, 2007
Alright i've been asked to post the address for this meeting however i need to know that you'll be coming so you are still required to drop a line on this post or send me an email.

I've read through all nairaland party-related posts in search of practical ideas we can use and have seen a few good ones so if you've got ideas that you think should be implemented please let's have them.

The venue is the 1st Floor, Baker's World building, 54, Allen Avenue, Ikeja. My no. is 01 851 3492. The meeting is still on Saturday 8th of December at 4pm.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by acidrop(f): 12:20am On Dec 04, 2007
nairaland party undecided
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by darkey(m): 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2008
the only way for it to work is if Seun kinda stamps it
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 6:23pm On Mar 24, 2008
Unfortunately, he didnt so i shelved d idea for now
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by iice(f): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2008
Hehehe how many more plans will be formed? tongue
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by topkin(m): 12:00am On Mar 27, 2008
Forget all this gist, I'm 100% sure it wont work undecided
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by knzguru(m): 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2008
top_kin:

Forget all this gist, I'm 100% sure it wont work undecided

dude its easier to b negative than it is to do something. At least u don't seem to b against it (jaded maybe), so y don't u see if it can be done and if there's something u can do about it.  smiley

I for one would like to meet like-minded nairalanders and it doesnt hav to start big. Drinks or lunch with abt 5-10 peeps is plausible init?  grin
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2008
like hell to da no!! cool
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2010
@topic: & go to jail for murder? i don't think so. Some of you members are better off dissing me via internet trust me lol.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by mamagee3(f): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2010
Like there would be a party.
Re: *Nairalanders Should Meet Offline* by nellaluv(f): 3:32am On Nov 14, 2010
As if. . .

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Iice? / Ndlea And Her Many Troubles / Earth Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.