Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Pmtutor Employability Program For Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Pmtutor Employability Program For Corp Members (872 Views)

Improved NYSC Allowance For Corp Members / FG Allocates N500 Daily Feeding Allowance For Corp Members / Enhancing Your Employability - A Comprehensive Career & Job Hunting Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pmtutor Employability Program For Corp Members by dipotepede(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2012
After having some experience in interview panels for fresh graduates seeking corporate employment, I can authoritatively say that most youths in Nigeria are not aware of the chasm between unemployment and employment. I remember interviewing about 400 candidates for the first stage of BAT Management Trainee Program and only 3 candidates passed i.e. if I use this sample to make an inference then I can conclude that only 0.75% of graduates are employable.

This is a very serious issue and requires immediate attention but from whom? Government? School? Parent? Let’s not take the blame too far. First, there is this notion amongst youths that corporate jobs are scarce hence youth use this perceive notion, as a crutch to justify their inadequacies – the first step to solving any issue is to admit that you have one. Second is the perception that one cannot get a job on merit – I am wondering which company wants to employ a liability.

I am sorry that time will not permit me to expatiate on the situations above but majority of the blame lies with the attitude of the youths towards corporate employment. At PMtutor, we believe there is an additional stage in the unemployment-employment chasm, called the “Employability” – it is a stage where a youth has the skills to seize any opportunity that comes. It is always better to be prepared to meet an opportunity than being unprepared to meet one.

In light of the above, PMtutor is holding PMtutor Employability Program (PEP) Seminar in Lagos where Corp members will be coached on the rudiments of being employable. Please, see below the agenda for the meeting:

1. How to write an eye-catching CV
2. Secrets to passing Aptitude Test easily
3. How to beat common Interview Questions
4. Choosing the right certification towards your career.
5. Free Project Management Training
6. Every participant gets FREE access to JOBFinder
7. Every participant gets access to our PEP JOB network program where we source jobs for Fresh Graduates and make sure they are employable.

Date: 28th of July 2012

Time: 1pm - 5pm

Fee: Completely FREE

Venue: 254, Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba beside Zenith Bank

ONLY 25 seats are available: to be a part of the 25 delegates, kindly send your CV and scanned copy of your Corp member ID Card to: chinomso.uzoma@pmtutor.org with the subject: PMtutor Employability Program (PEP).

An email will be sent to you to confirm your seat number. Without this confirmation letter, you will not be given access to the seminar.

Re: Pmtutor Employability Program For Corp Members by dipotepede(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2012
bump

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations To All 2012 Batch B Corps Member Passing Out Today / How True Is The NYSC FOUNDATION SCHEME. / Prospective Nysc Batch B (enugu Zone Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.