Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban (4624 Views)

Prominent Nigerians Who May Be Jailed In 2016 (PHOTOS) / Buhari Violating Federal Character In Appointments – Ekweremadu / Buhari To Kickstart Punishment Of The Armed Forces For Violating Human Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by dele5057: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
must very bdy wrk in d office?? Hw do u expect does feedin on Okada 2 feed nw both d leaders n followers reason very low.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by dele5057: 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dis is wickedness.....
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: So lets look at the 'legal' aspect of this situation.

It seems the people in question were tried without jury and found guilty by some lowly magistrate.

Were they legally represented?

Are they not entitled by a trial by jury where the decision as to whther they've commited a crime is decided by independent persons?

And do they not have the right to appaeal the decison.

The 'Act' that was passed by the Enugu House of assembly goes against human right laws.

And an 'Act' is not a 'Law'!! Its only given the force of law if consented by the accussed!

It is a fundamental 'human right' that all persons have a right to earn a living!

How can a law passed in Enugu surpass 'Human Right Laws'?

To me this is jungle justice - the so called lawmakers have no understanding of law.(they are made up of mechanics, thugs and drop-outs)

If I were in Nigeria right now I would represent those jailed as it would appear they have been 'unlawfully' arrested and convicted of a crime thats not a crime - namely earning an income by provding a service people have demanded.

An appeal should be lodged and a competent lawyer should deal with these 'backward' lawmakers.

Nwokem Shattap your mouth there!! What arrant nonsense are you trying to write?!

First thing first, In the Nigerian Judiciary system, we do not use the Jury system... The Judge is the only one that has the power to pass a verdict.. You must be a nincompoop to call a Magistrate 'lowly'.. I guess you wanted their case to be taken straight to the supreme court abi?!
If you dont know about something, shut the fhuck up!!

Every Judgement passed by a lower court can be appealed in a higher court except the ruling of the supreme court....

What do you know about the law?! If you say the act that was apssed by the Enugu State house of assembly went against the laws of human right which you quoted 'IT IS A FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT THAT EVERY PERSON HAVE THE RIGHT TO EARN A LIVING'.. Then let me put this to you Lawyer Nwanjoku, Is prostitution not a form of earning a living?! Yet it is illegal in Nigeria.. Point is Every State in Nigeria has the right to make specific laws for their states.. In Rivers State, you can use sirens to disturb the peace, I lagos however, its an offence punishable by jail time.

You just said the Lawmakers do not understand the law, FIRST you called them 'LAW MAKERS' and then turn around to question their authority to make laws. You are worse than a vulcanizer.. You lack any reasoning capabilities and I can bet that you possess a single digit I.Q..

A group of persons were caught breaking the law, sent to a court recognised under the laws of the federal republic, tried and found guilty and sentenced, and an Iron bender like you dares call them thugs..

All you managed to do was highlight your foolishness and lack of understanding of the basic laws of the land.. No court would try a case except both parties have legal representation which is normally provided to them by the court in the absence of one of their own..

Just so you are educated.. It is the Job of the Houses of Assembly, Senate and Reps to make laws for the federal Republic & States.. Its the Job of the Police and other Law enforcement agencies to to "ENFORCE THE LAWS made by the Legislative, Its the job of the Judiciary to punish violators of those laws made by the Legislative..

My advice to you is to shut up on this subject from here on.. This your moronity may just be contagious..

1 Like

Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by NwaNimo1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Nwokem Shattap your mouth there!! What arrant nonsense are you trying to write?!

First thing first, In the Nigerian Judiciary system, we do not use the Jury system... The Judge is the only one that has the power to pass a verdict.. You must be a nincompoop to call a Magistrate 'lowly'.. I guess you wanted their case to be taken straight to the supreme court abi?!
If you dont know about something, shut the fhuck up!!

Every Judgement passed by a lower court can be appealed in a higher court except the ruling of the supreme court....

What do you know about the law?! If you say the act that was apssed by the Enugu State house of assembly went against the laws of human right which you quoted 'IT IS A FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHT THAT EVERY PERSON HAVE THE RIGHT TO EARN A LIVING'.. Then let me put this to you Lawyer Nwanjoku, Is prostitution not a form of earning a living?! Yet it is illegal in Nigeria.. Point is Every State in Nigeria has the right to make specific laws for their states.. In Rivers State, you can use sirens to disturb the peace, I lagos however, its an offence punishable by jail time.

You just said the Lawmakers do not understand the law, FIRST you called them 'LAW MAKERS' and then turn around to question their authority to make laws. You are worse than a vulcanizer.. You lack any reasoning capabilities and I can bet that you possess a single digit I.Q..

A group of persons were caught breaking the law, sent to a court recognised under the laws of the federal republic, tried and found guilty and sentenced, and an Iron bender like you dares call them thugs..

All you managed to do was highlight your foolishness and lack of understanding of the basic laws of the land.. No court would try a case except both parties have legal representation which is normally provided to them by the court in the absence of one of their own..

Just so you are educated.. It is the Job of the Houses of Assembly, Senate and Reps to make laws for the federal Republic & States.. Its the Job of the Police and other Law enforcement agencies to to "ENFORCE THE LAWS made by the Legislative, Its the job of the Judiciary to punish violators of those laws made by the Legislative..

My advice to you is to shut up on this subject from here on.. This your moronity may just be contagious..

You dey address your 'mother's luva' like dis?

Small boy - in fact let me not start on you here.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by SpiritofOkija(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

Shattap there!!

If you had any dignity left in you, you would delete your Nairaland account and jump from an MTN mast..

Start with who?! You don chop belle full!! If everybody else curse Nigeria, even Mpki sef go follow talk..

Ewu Nimo..
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by NwaNimo1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Shattap there!!

If you had any dignity left in you, you would delete your Nairaland account and jump from an MTN mast..

Start with who?! You don chop belle full!! If everybody else curse Nigeria, even Mpki sef go follow talk..

Ewu Nimo..

Lol,

Spirit - Spirit - Spirit . . . .go sit down for bush and conjure your concuctions.

I no get time for you.

Go ask your mama about 'Nimo Men'

Let her enlighten you!
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by Ikejiofor: 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2012
[quote author=Ovularia]2 Okada riders jailed in Enugu for violating ban
On July 5, 2012 · In News 9:11 pmEmail0

BY TONY EDIKE

ENUGU—TWO motorcyclists in Enugu State were Thursday sentenced to one year imprisonment each without option of fine for violating the new law banning the operation of motorcycles in the state capital.

Those convicted by an Enugu Magistrate Court presided over by Mrs Ebele Udeze after pleading guilty of the offence were Friday Ucha and Jonathan Eneje.

But, another accused person, Gabriel Ogbonna who was also arrested by the police yesterday for the same offence pleaded not guilty and was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 and a surety who must be a civil servant of not less than Grade Level 16 among other conditions.

The prosecuting police officer, ASP Oluji Clement had told the court that the two convicts were arrested with one Gabriel Ogbonna, near Nowas Filling Station, Enugu for allegedly violating the law banning the opreations of motorcycles in Enugu metropolis.

None of the accused persons were represented by their defece counsel during the trial. The state police command commenced full implementation of the motorcycle prohibition law yesterday during which the three violators were apprehended.

The convicts were taken to Enugu Prisons where they would serve the jail term while their motorcycles were impounded by the police.

Reports said more violators were arrested and detained by some police divisions within the three metropolitan councils of Enugu East, Enugu North and Enugu South, even as it was learnt that more violators might be arraigned in court today.

All I know is that Okada riding is not a handwork. It does more harm than good.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nwa_Nimo:

Lol,

Spirit - Spirit - Spirit . . . .go sit down for bush and conjure your concuctions.

I no get time for you.

Let her enlighten you!

If I didnt know ndi Nimo ofuma, aka'm asi na umu nwoke ndi Nimo enwero uche... Mana adim sure na obu so gi bu onye nzuzu n'ime fa ncha.

Lele Ewu na ekwu make enlightenment!!

Nwokem zuzulu si eba puo before m'bguo gi asu.

angry
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by NwaNimo1(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

If I didnt know ndi Nimo ofuma, aka'm asi na umu nwoke ndi Nimo enwero uche... Mana adim sure na obu so gi bu onye nzuzu n'ime fa ncha.

angry
Lol,

I no get time for you.

Let her enlighten you!
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by NwaNimo1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

angry

Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: !

I am done with you.. I only pray you dont perish in your foolishness..
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by Mentcee(m): 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: So lets look at the 'legal' aspect of this situation.

It seems the people in question were tried without jury and found guilty by some lowly magistrate.

Were they legally represented?

Are they not entitled by a trial by jury where the decision as to whther they've commited a crime is decided by independent persons?

And do they not have the right to appaeal the decison.

The 'Act' that was passed by the Enugu House of assembly goes against human right laws.

And an 'Act' is not a 'Law'!! Its only given the force of law if consented by the accussed!

It is a fundamental 'human right' that all persons have a right to earn a living!

How can a law passed in Enugu surpass 'Human Right Laws'?

To me this is jungle justice - the so called lawmakers have no understanding of law.(they are made up of mechanics, thugs and drop-outs)....

Mr. Lawyer, 'sharrap' as in shut the f up and quit displaying crass ignorance of the provisions of the extant laws and procedure in Nigeria. First of all, we do not operate the jury system here. Secondly, laws are meant to be obeyed, and it is immaterial that it doesn't suit a negligible minority made up of ill informed and prejudiced persons like you who are ignorant of and entirely removed from the immediate facts surrounding the necessity for that law. A practical demonstration of the puerility of your sham misrepresentation of facts will suffice: The majority of those that made that law are graduates if not all, including Mr. Eugene Odo, the Speaker who is a lawyer of high standing and his colleague, Mr. Chinedu Nwamba and also Dr. Chukwuemeka Ogbuabor who is a medical doctor ( methinks a consultant) widely known for his community health radio programmes before his electoral victory. Laws passed by the state houses of assemblies are LAWS not ACTS! I do not begrudge you your freedom to represent any client who feels strongly about a law or that its unconstitutional if you're qualified to do so in Nigeria(doubts). Finally you said "And an 'Act' is not a 'Law'!! Its only given the force of law if consented by the accussed!" (sic) madness! How i wish you'd read this. Even armed robbers have a right to earn a living. I have no grain of doubt in my mind that its your ilk that know very little and cos you stay overseas(hope so) you feel free to talk real shiz abt Nigeria. THANKS TO @ SPIRIT OF OKIJA.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
Mentcee:

Mr. Lawyer, 'sharrap' as in shut the f up and quit displaying crass ignorance of the provisions of the extant laws and procedure in Nigeria. First of all, we do not operate the jury system here. Secondly, laws are meant to be obeyed, and it is immaterial that it doesn't suit a negligible minority made up of ill informed and prejudiced persons like you who are ignorant of and entirely removed from the immediate facts surrounding the necessity for that law. A practical demonstration of the puerility of your sham misrepresentation of facts is that the the majority of those that made that law are graduates if not all, including Mr. Eugene Odo, the Speaker who is a lawyer of high standing and his colleague, Mr. Chinedu Nwamba and also Dr. Chukwunwike Ogbuabor who is a medical doctor ( methinks a consultant) widely known for his community health programmes before his electoral victory. Law passed by the state houses of assemblies are LAWS not ACTS! I do not begrudge you your freedom to represent any client who feels a law is unconstitutional if you're qualified to do so in Nigeria(doubts). And you said that "
And an 'Act' is not a 'Law'!! Its only given the force of law if consented by the accussed!" (sic) madness! How i wish you'd read this. Even armed robbers have a right to earn a living. I have no grain of doubt in my mind that its your ilk that know very little and cos you stay overseas(hope so) you feel free to talk real shiz abt Nigeria.

You shouldnt have bothered,... I already called him a mo'ron in our native language... And except Nimo (his Village) also counts as overseas, that muthafucker has never set foot in Onitshe/Akwa talkless of a metropoitan city like Lagos..
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by SuyaEater(m): 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
Very good, this should teach them a lesson...enugu is smart imposing this law...no yama yama...organized roads, okada crowding the streets, dangerous sh_t.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by Mentcee(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2012
Thanks @ Okija! Ignorance.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
This is why I always pray to GOD to make me a great. The law is always afraid of the great! cool
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by item1: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
ONE MAN GOES TO JAIL FOR STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE WHILE ANOTHER MAN IS EMBRACED FOR EMBEZZELLING PUBLIC FUND AND COLLECTING BRIBES AND PUTTING THE POOR INTO MORE POVERTY. NA WAOOOO FOR NIJA. BUT ONE DAY THE POOR WILL SURELY RISE AGAINST THE RICH WICKED RULERS....GADDAFI NEVER SAW IT COMING
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
If they were militants now, their guns would have been exchanged for serious cash... Now they are sentencing them to 1year imprisonment....infact today,a young guy was shot dead because he didn't stop when he was asked to, while another was set free after paying 9000 bucks. Imagine? Lazy policemen have finally seen how to keep busy!
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by 3rdparty: 6:20am On Jul 07, 2012
Another unsound policy
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by AmorousT(m): 7:20am On Jul 07, 2012
This act by d number one citizen of Enugu State is Outrageous. For crying out loud, this is d man who persuaded Okada Riders in buying two helmets, one 4 themselves & one 4 their passengers. Within six months, he brought out d issue of buyin uniforms which costd them abt N2500. Its nt even up to 3months after d introduction of uniforms which they use to extort money 4rm Okada Riders, he nw bans them 4rm making a living... This is an Unfair Treatment to Okada Riders. This might even make them to join bad company like this Boko Haram Sect so as to terrorize our Great State. U can never tell..
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by achi4u(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2012
if Ebonyi can banned okada and the riders still adjust to other means of livelihood then Enugu riders can do much better.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by Buchika: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2012
No one deliberately go into Okada riding business, and no one patronise them because he likes it. Believe you me if there is good road network and sound transport system Okada business will just die a natural death, it s as simple as that. btw has anyone ever gave it a thought that the introduction of gsm has contributed in no small way to the rising crime rate, let insensitive governors ban anything they like but without effective policing (security) crime rate must continue to rise. Ask the Aba residents and they will tell you better.
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by o42austino(m): 11:00am On Aug 24, 2012
The Reason that Okada was ban in Enugu state is to stop The cult killing that are going On in Enugu state, but my question is has the Killing stop? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by seanet01: 5:58am On Dec 20, 2012
This is chime the best governor in the deluded mind of ibo hypocrites like Pointb sending okada drivers to jail.
Pointb did not organize a protest in his fatherland but want Fashola to allow okada riders sent packing by chime to be accommodated in Lagos. Never.
Bloody hypocrites
Re: 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban by kettykin: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2012
The ban in the East was to curb Kidnapping in that Region the Bulk ofthe Okara riders were indignenes and they were all compensated for Enugu indigenes and others by their Government

The East has remained relatively safe since then until presently.

Mean while Lagos does not have Money Kidnappers but Ritual Kidnappers who use one chance Buses , the Majority of Okada riders were Non indigenes coping with the Location of all Amenities in Lagos including Oil and Gas companies hq, the State Government did not create any alternative for people's whose means of Liveli hood was taken forcefully away from them.

Fashola Selectively banned the Okada riders but left the Agberos who are an economice revenue leakage and a parasite to the soicety feeding where they dont add any value. do who is deceiving who ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

picture of the new #100 naira note.. / First Day At Work, Ambode Goes After Fashola’s Loyalists, Sacks Fashola’s Sister / Amaechi Bullies A Radio Presenter On Air: Storms Out Of Love Fm Station PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.