Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? (9900 Views)

Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / How Do I Apply For My Nysc From Abroad / Read Abroad But Can't Serve (nysc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Do you have to serve NYSC if you're coming from Abroad? What is the cutoff age?

I'm trying to avoid NYSC as much as possible.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by werepeLeri: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
yes - u have to. 30 years.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2012
werepeLeri: yes - u have to. 30 years.

Na wa.Thanks.
I'm almost at 30 years sha, so no prob.

Is it going to make my CV less quantifiable?
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by werepeLeri: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
LOL - u r still sweet sixteen.

But I have friends who came from the UK to do NYSC even above 30. I think the 30 age is for Nigerian Uni graduates - not for those coming from abroad.

You wouldnt have to worry if you dont intend taking up any job in Nigeria in the future, or even seek public office - but if you want to - u gat to do it.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
werepeLeri: LOL - u r still sweet sixteen.

But I have friends who came from the UK to do NYSC even above 30. I think the 30 age is for Nigerian Uni graduates - not for those coming from abroad.

You wouldnt have to worry if you dont intend taking up any job in Nigeria in the future, or even seek public office - but if you want to - u gat to do it.

Thanks.

I'm not certain about my future job outlook in Nigeria. However in order to not leave any stone unturned, I want to make sure that I'm set with all the requirements.

Even though I can't see myself looking for a job in Nigeria, nobody knows what tomorrow will bring.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by ayobase(m): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2012
U better come down here and serve ur father's land....Kaduna, Yobe, Borno and d likes will give u an edge certificately!
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by mykejones(m): 11:31am On Jul 10, 2012
Am presently serving now,and i have some foreign students here too. They gave them an option to redeploy to their choice state..i think Lagos was specifically chosen.
Gudluck!
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 11, 2012
mykejones: Am presently serving now,and i have some foreign students here too. They gave them an option to redeploy to their choice state..i think Lagos was specifically chosen.
Gudluck!

Ugh. Really? So as a "foreign" student, if I choose to serve in Ekiti, my decision will be granted? nice.

ayobase: U better come down here and serve ur father's land....Kaduna, Yobe, Borno and d likes will give u an edge certificately!

Don't worry, I'll follow you there.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by mykejones(m): 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ugh. Really? So as a "foreign" student.
Wel..datz if u r foreign.
Again,if u have ur ways,if u want2serve in ur mother's kitchen..U r 'good2go'!
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by antitpiah: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
mykejones:

DOnt worry, she is going to serve in my bed, 24/7 no lele
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2012
mykejones:

Define "foreign" grin
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by antitpiah: 1:14am On Jul 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Define "foreign" grin

Foreign is when you lie beside me in 69 in bed foreignizing my 9-incher. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayoooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by mykejones(m): 6:19am On Jul 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Define "foreign" grin
Wel..u used ur foreign in quote..so i tot u were referin2 sometin oda dan d word in it's original context.
Foreign..as in,Of Nigerian origin but trained/schooled OUTSIDE d shores of Nigeria.
That's it 4me..so? Wch do u fal in2??
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 12, 2012
mykejones:
Wel..u used ur foreign in quote..so i tot u were referin2 sometin oda dan d word in it's original context.
Foreign..as in,Of Nigerian origin but trained/schooled OUTSIDE d shores of Nigeria.
That's it 4me..so? Wch do u fal in2??

Then I'm good lol.

Thanks.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by queensmith: 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
Unfortunately yes, registration is in september october, have to come back to do it. U can chose the company and state u serve in. Get a job offer first then work to serve. Some companies will try and pay u the corper pay. Which is shit.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
queensmith: Unfortunately yes, registration is in september october, have to come back to do it. U can chose the company and state u serve in. Get a job offer first then work to serve. Some companies will try and pay u the corper pay. Which is shit.

Getting job offer in NIgeria? How do I go about doing that?
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack lol
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Tinkybabe(f): 7:06am On Jul 17, 2012
OMG! This is scary..so it's compulsory that one serves irrespective of their age as long as he/she is taking up a public post.It's not fair though,if 30 is the age limit,then it should be for everyone irrespective of where they lived or schooled.

I hate NYSC and would really love not to do it.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Tinkybabe(f): 7:21am On Jul 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Getting job offer in NIgeria? How do I go about doing that?
It's like looking for a needle in a haystack lol

Not as difficult as you think,my brother got his Nigerian job offer when he was in the UK ..I think he applied online, luckily for him,the interview was conducted in Britain and bingo!he passed and was offered a job..the job came with some incentives too..his things were shipped back home at the expense of the company,not sure bout ticket fare back home but yea..it's possible,very possible to get an offer. Just create an attractive CV first and having lived abroad might give you an edge over your Nigerian counterparts.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by nat138: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2012
werepeLeri: LOL - u r still sweet sixteen.

This is very wrong information, there is no age discrimination between Nigeria trained and foreign trained graduates. The age limit for NYSC is 30 meaning that if you are 30 years old and above by graduation then you are exempted from the scheme but as long as you were below 30 when you graduated, you will have to do NYSC no matter how old you are. That is why you have some elderly people doing the scheme sometimes.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
nat138:

This is very wrong information, there is no age discrimination between Nigeria trained and foreign trained graduates. The age limit for NYSC is 30 meaning that if you are 30 years old and above by graduation then you are exempted from the scheme but as long as you were below 30 when you graduated, you will have to do NYSC no matter how old you are. That is why you have some elderly people doing the scheme sometimes.

WTF?!!

They need to scrap that nonsense. So I'll have to do NYSC then cry cry cry
Tinkybabe: OMG! This is scary..so it's compulsory that one serves irrespective of their age as long as he/she is taking up a public post.It's not fair though,if 30 is the age limit,then it should be for everyone irrespective of where they lived or schooled.

I hate NYSC and would really love not to do it.

LOL me and you both o.

Tinkybabe:

Not as difficult as you think,my brother got his Nigerian job offer when he was in the UK ..I think he applied online, luckily for him,the interview was conducted in Britain and bingo!he passed and was offered a job..the job came with some incentives too..his things were shipped back home at the expense of the company,not sure bout ticket fare back home but yea..it's possible,very possible to get an offer. Just create an attractive CV first and having lived abroad might give you an edge over your Nigerian counterparts.

I'm kinda iffy about putting my details on a Nigerian website.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
How long is the service? A year or 6 months?
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by antitpiah: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

3 days. WHy are you so dumb? Did you sleep your way through University of FLorida? Thats school must be a shitty school.
Re: Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? by nat138: 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Please stop asking some so not intelligent questions here, haven't you had friends or relations who have done the scheme. Pls check www.nysc.gov.ng for all the information you need.

Ileke-IdI:

WTF?!!

They need to scrap that nonsense. So I'll have to do NYSC then cry cry cry

LOL me and you both o.

I'm kinda iffy about putting my details on a Nigerian website.

Well you can as well stay in the USA and forget about your ambition to work in the public sector in Nigeria or taking up some political offices.
No need to curse.

(1) (Reply)

Be An Entrepreneur Like Tony Elumelu – Akpabio To Corps Members / What Happened To The Yearly Nysc-Presidential Merit Award? / Getting Cheap/free Accommodation In Abuja As A Corper Nysc 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.