Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? (11861 Views)

What Next After Nysc? / What Next After NYSC NIM Induction? / Why Do Corpers Lack Employment After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by jpphilips(m): 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
mrkels: Not always true. They are just hard working, and some of them push harder than you, that's why they got and you don't for now.

shut up!!!
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by LordBabs(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
Because women have shakeable bømbøm for bosses' eye consumption.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Druss(m): 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2012
What proof do you have of this?
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by emekson(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2012
take banana till you go yo(10Xce)
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by pato405(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2012
Chaydee:
Av u tried dialin an unavailabe Mtel Number

is that another name for NiTel? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by jpphilips(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
Vikin: Where I did my INdustrial Training, after the Ap test, they needed 7 people, the seventh person had a score of 73%, and I had a score of 71%. I was given the position considering I was the only female and it was somehow taking all 7 guys ...that was in Engineering position.
{ reason was That They were trying to encourage Women in that field.

Another reason might be that most people think women can stay longer in the organization more than guys....guys tend to chase for higher salary, lucrative careers, etc while their female counterpart is more comfortable where she is as far as the monthly stipend is enough for her...

I will think of more, right now am hungry

you seriously think i will use my organisation that i labored hard to build over the years for some feminism patronage?
'encourage women in that field indeed',
you have not told us why u were hired, perhaps one of the HR guys was oogling at ur cleaveage and confused 71 with 91.
Do you know the liability of having a female in a sensitive position btw the ages of 25 to 35yrs?

A front desk officer pretty lady below 25yrs is ok for a serious minded enterprenuer but not a 25yr old female project planner.

At 25 she is ripe for marriage and hubby stops overtime: bad for my buisness.

She germinates 4kids in 5yrs that is 3.5yrs maternity leave on my profit at zero productivity.

no transfer cos she needs to stay close to hubby : bad for my buisness, i need a warri branch tomorrow and i need a willing staff the next morning.

Erratic towards client during menses: that i dont cope with it.

A big oranisation can afford the above but not a young enterprenuer.

Im gud with vibrant young guys anyday any time, then front desk for pancake bb ladies

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by JoeBatters: 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2012
Women definetly have the upper hand with anything that has to do with meet customers, such as front desk, marketing, secretary, human resource and administration....(Dis one na only 4 fine gals, wo wo gals no join, unless they r endowed) But when it comes to rugged jobs dat needs serious calculations like, engineering, or politics, women dey beg 4 30% grin
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by skinnyolawale(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2012
women use all what they have to get what they want
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2012
jp philips:

you seriously think i will use my organisation that i labored hard to build over the years for some feminism patronage?
'encourage women in that field indeed',
you have not told us why u were hired, perhaps one of the HR guys was oogling at ur cleaveage and confused 71 with 91.
Do you know the liability of having a female in a sensitive position btw the ages of 25 to 35yrs?

A front desk officer pretty lady below 25yrs is ok for a serious minded enterprenuer but not a 25yr old female project planner.

At 25 she is ripe for marriage and hubby stops overtime: bad for my buisness.

She germinates 4kids in 5yrs that is 3.5yrs maternity leave on my profit at zero productivity.

no transfer cos she needs to stay close to hubby : bad for my buisness, i need a warri branch tomorrow and i need a willing staff the next morning.

Erratic towards client during menses: that i dont cope with it.

A big oranisation can afford the above but not a young enterprenuer.

Im gud with vibrant young guys anyday any time, then front desk for pancake bb ladies

Am talking of the multi- national here, as a female engineer in the oil sector, one should always know that priority is given to ladies.

In Schlumberger, they even hire ladies with 2.2 but for guys are strictly 2.1 or they have yearrrrs of experience.

You think you can flaunt your Bo.o.bs to get a job in multi- national without any brain upstairs.... Then you got to think again.

As for th aspect of ladies staying longer, that comes after they have children, once they are through with kids, they Always seems to stay much longer than the male folks, any reason for them leaving is maybe the husband relocates.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Audinowing(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2012
Do not be deceived.
mrkels: Not always true. They are just hard working, and some of them push harder than you, that's why they got and you don't for now.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by osajojo(m): 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
Vikin: Where I did my INdustrial Training, after the Ap test, they needed 7 people, the seventh person had a score of 73%, and I had a score of 71%. I was given the position considering I was the only female and it was somehow taking all 7 guys ...that was in Engineering position.
{ reason was That They were trying to encourage Women in that field.

Another reason might be that most people think women can stay longer in the organization more than guys....guys tend to chase for higher salary, lucrative careers, etc while their female counterpart is more comfortable where she is as far as the monthly stipend is enough for her...

I will think of more, right now am hungry

That 7th guys must be very unlucky. We need to pray against this kind of bad luck

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Sike(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2012
@OP, Plz Don't ask what you already know.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by asudan: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
pato405: why do you always hear a female voice when you try dialling a number and it fails to connect or not reachable? grin grin grin

why not a male baritone or bass voice.
Call MTN 180 or Airtel 111
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by asudan: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2012
tunapawizzy: Because they can serve two purposes while their male counterparts can only serve just one purpose.
some men are gigolo to some companies
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Azidogen2: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
Frankly females as we all know it get jobs more easily than men because of copulatory sleeping chance with them. That is the fact. Almost all the so called successful women in the world made it through using their physical endowments to get jobs. Period!!!!
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by jpphilips(m): 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2012
Vikin:

Am talking of the multi- national here, as a female engineer in the oil sector, one should always know that priority is given to ladies.

In Schlumberger, they even hire ladies with 2.2 but for guys are strictly 2.1 or they have yearrrrs of experience.

You think you can flaunt your Bo.o.bs to get a job in multi- national without any brain upstairs.... Then you got to think again.

As for th aspect of ladies staying longer, that comes after they have children, once they are through with kids, they Always seems to stay much longer than the male folks, any reason for them leaving is maybe the husband relocates.

pay attention while reading posts.

The conditions i gave above was for ''young enterprenuers'' not big corporations like schlum.
Schlum can afford to hire a male for any position of a female in case of emergency, worst case scenario, they are kept on contract basis so my anology above completely absolves schlum.

Your other analogy with schlum about women needs some clarification, schlum had one yoruba woman at lagos main office as HR though not the head but very influential, she seized the opportunity to recommend a lot of chicks for employment both competent and incompetent, over the years it back fired and most of them have been sacked, i cant say for sure if their termination was borne out of incompetence though because schlum has a rigorous training programme,
in depatments like wireline and cementing.
other factors like the removal of their HR head and client could have contributed too.
Like you are aware that schlum is a contractor as such they have clients, schlum will only do wot is covered within the tenets of their contract,

schlum was bringing those ladies to the field some years back but now i see just a very few unlike then.
Client cannot have males in the field and contractor litters the site with women.
Except you are talking about engr admin people who i know next to nothing about but the field ones are very very microscopic.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by crackhouse(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2012
B/cos they have the in-between meals. And they can smile and be welcomed but if u smile, u will be pursued.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by brianromel(m): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
For most organisation women are employed as the face of their organisation front desk and all.

But tedious positions, involving management and planning, most times i older women(40‘s to 50s) handling them. Not young.

Marketing wise, they are the face of a lot of new businesses, but as the company progresses, it switches to males.

Basically, Women see jobs more, because of the face and body. But when it gets to tedious positions, a guy or man is more likely to take it before a woman.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
@mrkels oga mi u knw say wetin u talk no be truth
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by blessedghost(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
women easily get job faster becaouse they have what you don't ( WOMAN POWER )
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2012
Joe Batters: Women definetly have the upper hand with anything that has to do with meet customers, such as front desk, marketing, secretary, human resource and administration....(Dis one na only 4 fine gals, wo wo gals no join, unless they r endowed) But when it comes to rugged jobs dat needs serious calculations like, engineering, or politics, women dey beg 4 30% grin
hahahaha... So true my brother
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
skinnyolawale: women use all what they have to get what they want
and that is called prostitution mind u
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by http(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2012
We all know the reason, they take jobs which involce contacting with the customers, front desk and any job that is not manly.

Some occupation does and never needs women, like some core construction, Implementation in constructions, commisioning, mostly engineering jobs and those that require physical strenght etc.

females are limited to whatever you can consider light....

I work in the Telecom industries, we mostly have females in the admin and some management areas, while the field operations are male dominated, talk about the pay, they earn like peanuts compare to us.
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
asudan:
Call MTN 180 or Airtel 111
hahahaha... U no go kill me for here oo
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2012
Lord Babs: Because women have shakeable bømbøm for bosses' eye consumption.
make i talk truth 4 once that bombom things is a big distraction for bosses oo
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Azidogen2: Frankly females as we all know it get jobs more easily than men because of copulatory sleeping chance with them. That is the fact. Almost all the so called successful women in the world made it through using their physical endowments to get jobs. Period!!!!
seconded
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2012
crackhouse: B/cos they have the in-between meals. And they can smile and be welcomed but if u smile, u will be pursued.
hahaha... I no fit laf again pls
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Policewoman(f): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
crackhouse: B/cos they have the in-between meals. And they can smile and be welcomed but if u smile, u will be pursued.
Quite true. Sometimes i feel for the males i work with. It seems any man that sees any female on any desk will always almost want to phuck her and hence give them all d attention. Call that boo.b or to.to. power. Hahahaaa...
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
pato405: a research is needed on that!

but the hypothesis should focus around the conjecture - for bank jobs and jobs related to wooing wealthy clients,s*x sells, so ladies get the jobs faster than their male counterparts.
the reason isn't far-fetched. some randy wealthy men are ready to patronise your organisation and lavish their money to impress a female staff with an anticipation that she'll allow them a piece of the action from her honey pot. they sometimes make meaningless visit to such organisations just to catch glimpses and steal leery looks at such ladies who serve as ''fem fatale'' for their organisations. if the ladies venture go near such men with an ear-to-ear false grin saying ''hello'' hormones will start raging and gushing to their head!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. even before whatever product from the sales lady is fully explained to them, such guys who by now are shaking uncontrollably, start signing cheques, smilng sheepishly and asking for her phone number. some organisations employ these ploys deliberately. I'm writing from experience. grin grin

ever wondered why receptionists are usually beautiful ladies?? undecided undecided undecided

do your research if you are in doubt. better still, do a simple study if you have a small scale business. employ a male receptionist on a 1 year contract. the nxt yr, employ a young pretty looking receptionist and compare the difference in patronage and sales. make little correction and adjustments for the fact that time would have played a role and see the significance in difference with the level of patronage. grin grin grin
hmmmm dnt u think that is prostitution
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Women are better managers, administrators and marketers. If you think I lie ask why front desk/customer service/marketing staff are preferably ladies.
u re so stupid to say dat
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by o42austino(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2012
omobusola: This is a valid observation, I have also been pondering on this for a while now. Most employers of labour will specifically state that they need a female staff for most of dire vacancies. That is very unfair, Wat do dese employers have in mind for always choosing ladies over guys?
4 sex nah
Re: Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2012
ofcourse yes. Afterall most human resource dept are gender sensitive konko below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2013/ 2014 Corpers': When Are You Returning For Your January Clearance? / Insecurity: NYSC Relocates Plateau Orientation Camp / Graduate Sues NYSC Over Non-mobilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.