Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara (863 Views)

Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption – Aribisala / Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by Zulele: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
His Royal Majesty, Alhaji Attahiru Muhammad Ahmad, the Emir Anka, who also doubles as the Emir of Zamfara State has condemned members of the Boko Haram sect, describing them as anti-Islam. He also dispelled rumours of an impending religious war and urged the Federal Government not to relent in its effort to root out the sect.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with newsmen on Saturday in his palace in Anka, he said, whoever is fomenting trouble in the North is doing so at his or her own risk and not for the region or Islam.

"That is why Muslim and Christian leaders are against them. We are all calling for peace. There is no part of the world where religious war has succeeded. God in his own wisdom decided to make us people of different religions. There is no way that we can be people of one religion. Let us stay as we are. If the Boko Haram people were fighting for Islam, you would have seen some Emirs coming out to condone or approve of what they are doing. But no eminent malam supports them. The Christian leaders did not condone the reprisal attacks that happened recently in the North. That is to say that I don't foresee any religious war in the country," he said.

Ahmad insisted that Boko Haram people are not fighting religious war and everybody knows that. "Unfortunately, people refuse to condemn them point blank. I condemn them on several occasions that they are not fighting for Islam. If they have problems with the government, they should come and seek the counsel of the elders who will present their issues to the government. And there would be dialogue, man-to-man.

"You can't hide and say that you are fighting a cause when nobody knows you. Why should everybody be afraid of Boko Haram? The one who kills must be killed, just wait. And they will not die a good death, and they will not succeed here and the life after, because they are not doing it for Islam. People should come out and expose them," he added.

He also disabused the minds of people that Boko Haram is fighting a jihad. Ahmad stressed that the time of jihad has ended with Prophet Mohammed. "Prophet Mohammed did not provoke any war. He only fought a war of self-defence. People should remember that at a time, members of the Boko Haram sect were killing traditional rulers and the police. They were attacking banks to get money to carry out their operations. Can you imagine! How can somebody who is fighting in the name of Islam be robbing people? That is the irony and the contradiction of Boko Haram."
http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com/latest-news/read.php?id=5806
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by Rossikk(m): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
Well spoken by the Emir.
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by FindOut(m): 9:33pm On Jul 07, 2012
Well spoken indeed. Unfortunately, come people will pass by this thread, ignore it, or push their noses up at it, then go off to an islam bashing thread & post there that muslim religious & traditional leaders are not coming out to condemn bokoharam.

I hope this makes frontpage sha.
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by FindOut(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
I'm resurrecting this thread on purpose. I knew it would be ignored by people who keep screaming that muslim leaders havnt condemned BH. & i will keep ressurecting it no matter how hard people push their noses up at it & pretend like their eyes were not working immediately they viewed the topic. Lol.
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
its only a bigot that will believe Boko Haram is fighting a religious war.
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Hope they don't come after him to take his life because he spoke against them.
He should probably start taking extra steps to protect himself like Sheik Gumi is doing presently.
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by excondido(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
This is the loudest condemnation of BH so far and i pray it resonate in the hearts of their sympathizers that very soon it will be game over.

Ranká dede.....emir of zamfara.
Re: Boko Haram Not Fighting For Islam- Emir Of Zamfara by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 07, 2012
This is what people mean when they say condemn. At a significant risk to his life, he spoke out and condemned boko haram. For this, I commend the Emir( for whatever its worth).

Contrast him with the richest Northern 'leaders' who can afford the most efficient security, they come off painfully short.

Once again, more God almighty continue to bless you, Amen.

(1) (Reply)

North Is The Majority, Denying Us Our Right Will Lead to anarchy-Junaid Mohammed / After Publicly Supporting N5000 Note, Elrufai Dumps Sanusi Dramatically / Bakassi Militants Threaten To Drag Govt To War With Cameroun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.