Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

I Know Someone Who Can End Boko Haram Menance - Mallam Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Know Someone Who Can End Boko Haram Menance - Mallam Shehu Sani (574 Views)

Kaduna Carnival "Shameful, Irresponsible": Shehu Sani Slams El Rufai / ''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Shehu Sani: I Know Who Can End Boko Haram Menace (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Know Someone Who Can End Boko Haram Menance - Mallam Shehu Sani by searay(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
If claims by the leader of the
Northern Civil Society Coalition,
Mallam Shehu Sani are anything
to go by, it may take only a
phone call from the Presidency to put an end to the Boko Haram menace ravaging the North.
According to Sani, if President
Jonathan calls him today, he would give him the name and contact of one person whose intervention will lead to a successful dialogue with the militant sect.
Sani who spoke in an interview
with The Guardian during the
week, insisted that indeed, the
person in question is somebody
also known to the president.
“…I have repeatedly said that if
President Jonathan can make a
phone call to me today and ask me of one person who can solve the problem, I will give him the name of the person. And apart from the person, I don’t see the possibility of any other person whom the group
can trust,” the activist declared.
Sani also indicted some elements in the Jonathan government over the failure of past attempts at dialogue,
saying these persons may have
been sabotaging such efforts either in the mistaking belief that force can solve the problem or because they are deriving some pecuniary
gains from the situation.
“Boko Haram has agreed to a term of ceasefire, has agreed to dialogue, but has consistently been undermined by elements within the government who either choose to do so on the grounds that they believe the use of force can end the group or are sabotaging dialogue
because they believe they are
profiting from the system as it is.
“Before now, I used to think that Boko Haram was completely opposed to peace or ceasefire, but in the few occasions that I have been involved in seeking a way out
of this problem, I have seen that much of the sabotage came from the side of the government,” he said Confirming reports that he
facilitated former President
Obasanjo’s meeting with the family of a member of the Boko Haram sect sometime ago, Sani insisted that if the Federal Government showed sincere, dialogue could sooner than later end the activities of the militant sect.

Agency Report: The Guardian
Nigeria
Re: I Know Someone Who Can End Boko Haram Menance - Mallam Shehu Sani by OAM4J: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2012

(1)

Which Is The Problem,northerners As A People Or Northerners Who Practice Islam? / Champion Newspapers Website Hacked / Is The Nigerian Police Full Of Married Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.