Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,955 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA (1639 Views)

Buhari Extends Loot Recovery To Yar'adua, Obasanjo Era / Loot Recovery: Edwin Clark Backs Buhari / Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 10:45am On Jul 08, 2012
Contrary to talks and rumours,the federal government is committed to recovering our looted subsidy money and Nigerians who are patriotic are eagerly waiting.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/how-well-recover-subsidy-loot-by-okonjo-iweala/ The finance minister made this known Yesterday.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 10:52am On Jul 08, 2012
Sometimes,when people are cautioned on speculation and peddling lies without facts to score cheap points,it looks as if someone gets joy in verbal wars,but the truth is that talking without substance makes the originator of such talk a fool.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 10:57am On Jul 08, 2012
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okonjo-iweala-we-ll-recover-excess-payments-to-marketers/119577/ I believe in the change hat this GEJ administration is vigorously pursuing
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by jmaine: 11:05am On Jul 08, 2012
The Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said, yesterday, that the Federal Government would recover the excess payments made to petroleum marketers on subsidy, as soon as the Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede committee completes its assignment.

She revealed this after the second Prof. Barth Nnaji annual lecture at the Enugu State University of Technology, Enugu.

President Goodluck Jonathan established the Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede Committee, on Thursday, to reconcile the findings of the Technical Committee set up by the Federal Ministry of Finance to conduct a detailed review of all subsidy claims and payments made in 2011.

According to the minister, the Presidential Committee, which has been given a tight deadline of one week, would enable marketers, who may doubt the report of the Technical Committee, to come forward and be confronted with the bare facts of the earlier committee’s findings.

Okonjo-Iweala noted that although over 50 per cent of the N888 billion fuel subsidy, budgeted for 2012, has been utilized owing to the heavy 2011 arrears, substantial recovery would be made from the excess payments which would augment the current balance.

Her words, “In terms of the subsidy, it is true that we budgeted N 888 billion for the year. We have used N451 billion of that. We still have N370bn left that we are working on. So it is not like all the money is finished and we will be working on that.

*Ngozi-Okonjo-Iweala

As you know, there was a recent report to verify 2011 arrears that , with the support of Mr. President, I set up, and chaired by Aig-Imokhuede. We set it up in the Ministry of Finance and they have worked. They used over 20 forensic accountants and bank examiners. As a result, Mr. President two days ago, constituted a Presidential Task Force, also chaired by Mr. Aig-Imokhuede, to try and just complete work on the verification and then begin the recovery.

“The verification is to give a chance to any of those marketers who say, ‘oh, maybe you got it wrong here or there’ to come forward. And the President has given them a very tight deadline of about a week. When we finish with that, then the next stage will be for us to try and get our money back.

“We must get some of those resources back. Let’s wait for the resources to come back. I am sure Nigerians will like that and then we can take it from there.

President Jonathan has directed the 15-member committee, headed by Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, to begin work immediately and conclude its assignment by 1700 hours on Friday, July 13, 2012 as a prelude to immediate action on all identified cases of fraud”.

Earlier in her lecture, the minister noted that science and technology holds the key to the much-needed rapid development and, therefore, must be accorded a place of priority by government at all levels, on the one hand and the private sector on the other.

She lamented the abysmal attention science and technology currently suffers in both sectors and, therefore, called for a closer collaboration between the two with a view to creating the efforts that would transform research findings in the laboratories of universities and research institutes to increased industry production, in the country.

The minister also called for concerted efforts towards diversifying the nation’s economy which depends on oil as its major foreign exchange earner. Sectors that require immediate attention according to her, include agriculture, solid minerals, and services

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/how-well-recover-subsidy-loot-by-okonjo-iweala/
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2012
jmaine:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/how-well-recover-subsidy-loot-by-okonjo-iweala/
thank you for highlighting the areas that haters and anti govt people has blindly used for unnecessary arguments.

1 Like

Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by nduchucks: 11:14am On Jul 08, 2012
If there is a plan to recover the stolen subsidy funds, the looters must have been identified to the satisfaction of the authorities. Why then has not a single person been arrested while they go after the looted funds? Who's fooling who?
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Captainajama: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2012
ndu_chucks: If there is a plan to recover the stolen subsidy funds, the looters must have been identified to the satisfaction of the authorities. Why then has not a single person been arrested while they go after the looted funds? Who's fooling who?
Shallow thinking,did you read the article at all? Your answer is there,and to help you more,that report was compromised and now,some marketers are doubting and soon their doubts will be cleared. We are practicing democracy where everything follows a laid down process. If GEJ orders arrests and prosecution without complete report of proper investigations,you will be one of the first to pick up arms against him with your fellow bunch of ne'er do well blind and biased critics.

1 Like

Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by nduchucks: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2012
Captainajama: Shallow thinking,did you read the article at all? Your answer is there,and to help you more,that report was compromised and now,some marketers are doubting and soon their doubts will be cleared. We are practicing democracy where everything follows a laid down process. If GEJ orders arrests and prosecution without complete report of proper investigations,you will be one of the first to pick up arms against him with your fellow bunch of ne'er do well blind and biased critics.

Tell that to the birds and bees. Report or no report, there is ample evidence of fraud and prosecution of some of the fraudsters should proceed with immediate effect. The EFCC has enough to arrest some of these thieves now and prosecute them successfully with or without the subsidy report. WTF are they waiting for?
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Tell that to the birds and bees. Report or no report, there is ample evidence of fraud and prosecution of some of the fraudsters should proceed with immediate effect. The EFCC has enough to arrest some of these thieves now and prosecute them successfully with or without the subsidy report. WTF are they waiting for?
You are blind to reason,is there anywhere in the world people are arrested and prosecuted successfully without damning conclusive evidence? I now see the the reason why EFCC lost some cases that should have been home and dry.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Captainajama: 11:33am On Jul 08, 2012
ndu_chucks: If there is a plan to recover the stolen subsidy funds, the looters must have been identified to the satisfaction of the authorities. Why then has not a single person been arrested while they go after the looted funds? Who's fooling who?
What nonsense are you talking about? The truth is to be said,there is no place I know where sentiments and emotions proceed law. There is a law that govern the land and it must be adhered to,arrest and prosecution becomes successful after conclusive evidences in which the culprits cannot run or practice FAROUKISM!
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by nduchucks: 11:37am On Jul 08, 2012
Mandelaguy: You are blind to reason,is there anywhere in the world people are arrested and prosecuted successfully without damning conclusive evidence? I now see the the reason why EFCC lost some cases that should have been home and dry.

There is more than enough evidence to arrest some of these people and file charges against them with or without the subsidy report. If that is not clear to you, I'm afraid you are the one blind to reason and clueless on law enforcement processes. There are individual cases of blatant fraud which can be prosecuted immediately and it is foolish and senseless to wait for some dumb report before these rogues are prosecuted.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2012
ndu_chucks:

There is more than enough evidence to arrest some of these people and file charges against them with or without the subsidy report. If that is not clear to you, I'm afraid you are the one blind to reason and clueless on law enforcement processes. There are individual cases of blatant fraud which can be prosecuted immediately and it is foolish and senseless to wait for some dumb report before these rogues are prosecuted.
This revealation came at once and should not engage or condone any form of distraction. We prefer the criminals treated as a whole,else we run the risk of sensationalising some and sweeping some under the carpet and create more room for FAROUKISM. You are one of the people that have always made noise about doing things well on this follow,practice what you try preaching or remain blinded to issues by your displaced sense of loyalty.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Gbawe: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Ndu Chucks, I herebey order you off this thread !!!! Have you been on Mars ? Did you not get the memo about 'the code of conduct' when blind and sycophantic support of this discredited government is seen? Simply check user name and all will be revealed !!!!

The month of June, miraculously, has seen thousands (thanks to 40 laptops in Abuja) join NL to be saying the same monotonous thing always tediously limited to licking GEJ's azz and attacking Saharareporters,El Rufai, Bakare, Buhari, Tinubu and even the lizard that looked at GEJ 'funny'. Ndu Chucks, take your time OOO . I credited you with more intelligence than engaging these folks. How will they leave this forum if you keep granting them audience grin grin grin

Captainajama Joined NL June 12 2012 (coincidentally the same day as OP i.e Mandelaguy who foams at the mouth when 40 laptops is mentioned with no one calling his name).

Captainajama's post:

https://www.nairaland.com/captainajama/posts

Typical post virtually identical to that of other 'new' members who 'joined' NL in June:

People, can't you see the connection? Saharareporters,el rufai,Bakare,ayittey ,momodu,etc. these are all frustrated people who would have le us have each if they were in Aso rock. The truth is that the are now peddling everything they can to their gullible followers and as you can see, the s.t.up.id professor has been given the audacity to insult all of us. By calling our president a lunatic,he has called us all lunatics,including the idi...ots that encouraged the insult on our nation and sovereignty. We should tell his president to caution him and for Bakare, he is not a pastor....we know the ones that are pastors. He has compromised his faith,yes,a long time ago!
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by jmaine: 11:49am On Jul 08, 2012
Lovely exchanges devoid of the "40 laptops" tripe . . .This is how it should be done . . .trash out facts and not resort to cheap blackmail stunts cool

[b]Edit: [/b]The 40 laptops issue came up before my post grin
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by karlmax2: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Ndu Chucks, I herebey order you off this thread !!!! Have you been on Mars ? Did you not get the memo about 'the code of conduct' when blind and sycophantic support of this discredited government is seen? Simply check user name and all will be revealed !!!! The month of June has seen thousands (thanks to 40 laptops in Abuja) join NL to be saying the same monotonous thing always tediously limited to licking GEJ's azz and attacking Saharareporters,El Rufai, Bakare, Buhari, Tinubu and even the lizard that looked at GEJ 'funny'. Ndu Chucks, take your time OOO . I credited you with more intelligence than engaging these folks. How will they leave this forum if you keep granting them audience grin grin grin

Captainajama Joined NL June 12 2012 (same day as OP i.e Mandelaguy who foams at the mouth when 40 laptops is mentioned with no one calling his name).

Captainajama's post:

Typical post virtually identical to that of other 'new' members who 'joined' NL in June:

Lagos State, according to the breakdown, is the most indebted state of the federation. With a total foreign debt of $369.20m (N55.38bn), Lagos holds about 20 per cent of the country’s sub-national foreign debt stock. ACN states are increasing the nations depts what do Ʊ have to say about that and how many faroukas were. Ʊ paid from this borrowed money
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Gbawe: 11:57am On Jul 08, 2012
karl max: Lagos State, according to the breakdown, is the most indebted state of the federation. With a total foreign debt of $369.20m (N55.38bn), Lagos holds about 20 per cent of the country’s sub-national foreign debt stock. ACN states are increasing the nations depts what do Ʊ have to say about that and how many faroukas were. Ʊ paid from this borrowed money

At least I did not join NL in June 2012. Additionally, when I joined NL , it was not to be saying the same thing, limited to the same characters, like a broken record or a Laptop in Abuja. wink wink wink

The Laptop crew go leave town whether una like am or not. Na Gbawe talk am wink wink
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by karlmax2: 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
Gbawe:

At least I did not join NL in June 2012. Additionally, when I joined NL , it was not to be saying the same thing, limited to the same characters, like a broken record or a Laptop in Abuja. wink wink wink

The Laptop crew go leave town whether una like am or not. Na Gbawe talk am wink wink
so also those who received faroukas to spread hypocracy,lies and deceit again the ACN states are plunging nigeria into dept to finance ur activities on nL and sahara.lieporters how much Ʊ hide inside ur cup judging from ur hypocracy ur cap go long like AMOSUN own one of ur fellow conman
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 12:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Ndu Chucks, I herebey order you off this thread !!!! Have you been on Mars ? Did you not get the memo about 'the code of conduct' when blind and sycophantic support of this discredited government is seen? Simply check user name and all will be revealed !!!!

The month of June, miraculously, has seen thousands (thanks to 40 laptops in Abuja) join NL to be saying the same monotonous thing always tediously limited to licking GEJ's azz and attacking Saharareporters,El Rufai, Bakare, Buhari, Tinubu and even the lizard that looked at GEJ 'funny'. Ndu Chucks, take your time OOO . I credited you with more intelligence than engaging these folks. How will they leave this forum if you keep granting them audience grin grin grin

Captainajama Joined NL June 12 2012 (coincidentally the same day as OP i.e Mandelaguy who foams at the mouth when 40 laptops is mentioned with no one calling his name).

Captainajama's post:

I wonder who is now sounding like a broken record and foams at the mouth. Atleast you know the number of laptops that ur crew has and how many you people are . To showcase your stupidity,you saw the op as MANDELAGUY and still came in "hate me or love me,you must always talk about me" face the post,dissect it and argue meaningfully,ahhhhhhh....you cannot be able to do that because you are handicapped by hate,lies,and misplaced loyalty. I joined NL in June sfw?!
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Pupita(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
All this their shout that govt is up to something is to redirect our psyche and think it is business as usual. This time,their sins found them out and when some of them see no escape route,they will help us catch their partners in crime. Thieves and unpatriotic citizens! abeg Ngozi show them what women can do when challenges arise and help me tell Diezani that nothing do her. grin
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by adino(m): 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Pupita
All this their shout that govt is up to something is to redirect our psyche and think it is business as usual. This time,their sins found them out and when some of them see no escape route,they will help us catch their partners in crime. Thieves and unpatriotic citizens! abeg Ngozi show them what women can do when challenges arise and help me tell Diezani that nothing do her.

Tell all of them that MADAM NGOZI and LADY DIEZANI are going to be there running things, running shows, making Nigeria greater FOR A VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME and the haterz will have absolutely nothing to do about it.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by adino(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Gbawe
O-gbawe the village clown, always showing his o-moronic and o-hypocrisy to high heavens after a long o-absence. O-gbawe your hypocrisy has worn a cap on you like amosun's long cap.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by warrior01: 4:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
See the way gbawe or what is he called cleverly avoided the question directed at him. A confirmed first class liar and hypocrite.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by PointB: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
Those with the propensity to steal and lie will most naturally think every one else is like them, while the honest folks will naturally tend to believe other people are sincere just like them.

Those who use 'assigned' laptops and are paid hacks are often the fellows who are quick to point at others as paid hacks and 40 laptops. Nature has a way of exposing this stuff.

@topic

There are many ways to skin a cat, if the government decides on the path of verification and recovery of subsidy money, so be it! By the way how many people have been successfully prosecuted by the inept and corrupt judiciary? Was Tinubu's fraud and pejury case not thrown out on the basis of technicalities? Why are some of the vocalists and propangadists not looking in the direction of the judiciary? Why must everything be about the Executive in general, GEJ in particular?

And when you brand some of these guys resident hypocrites, they will start raving and cursing in their long epistles and litany.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Gbawe: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
warrior01: See the way gbawe or what is he called cleverly avoided the question directed at him. A confirmed first class liar and hypocrite.

Avoiding question ke? What you don't understand is that many of you are far too unintelligent to merit a response to every single m.oro.nic tripe that comes out of your motor mouth. You people have no honour and relational balance either with how you can never understand that this is a Government that has been discredited several times for making these sort of empty promises.

You then expect any one to respond to your rants you deem questions? Shameless sycophant like you who, minimally, cannot even respect recurring history? You are nothing if you cannot do that i.e defer to the lessons history has served up regarding the weakness, tolerance of corruption and empty promises of "prosecution" the GEJ Government is guilty of.

With all the Laptops and free broadband, sycophants cannot even do simple google search to gain conclusive proof of a Government and its empty promises that has made the USA depart from diplomatic decorum to label the GEJ Government "not serious" about fighting corruption. Not only are you guys brainless you are also engaged in self-deception of the most nauseating kind. Below is another of GEJ's minions making a promise , 2 years ago, totally discredited today. Sensible folks can see that you lot have no shame. Olodos.

All those who took bribes in awarding the contract for Africa’s first liquefied natural gas plant will soon be charged to court, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, said yesterday in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/506743/government-begin-trial-halliburton-bribe

[size=14pt]He said the Federal government is close to prosecuting those indicted in what has come to be known as the Halliburton bribe scandal. The trial is expected to boost Goodluck Jonathan’s anti-corruption credentials as the 2011 elections approach.[/size]

Mr. Adoke who spoke to NEXT in an exclusive interview in his office yesterday, however refused to name those on the list.

Investigations by United States law enforcement agencies have named past Heads of State – the late Sani Abacha, Abdulsalami Abubakar and Olusegun Obasanjo – among those linked with the scandal.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Beaf: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You sound like kobojunkie.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Beaf: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Yes, you will leave town, cos you are paid, you are a known liar, hater and boko haram promoter.
Good will always defeat evil.

Scum. How much have you told your numerous kids that your conscience cost?

Go and tell your paymasters, El Rufai and Tinubu to lament harder, because NL is dealing them blows with near spiritual ferocity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/747780_PaidAgents_jpg23aabd9dc39f5a836e53102ca915a482
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Beaf: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
karl max: Lagos State, according to the breakdown, is the most indebted state of the federation. With a total foreign debt of $369.20m (N55.38bn), Lagos holds about 20 per cent of the country’s sub-national foreign debt stock. ACN states are increasing the nations depts what do Ʊ have to say about that and how many faroukas were. Ʊ paid from this borrowed money

Tell them jare! Later the same crabs and lice like Gbawe will be the ones screaming about how GEJ has piled up dept, whereas it is their ACN govts borrowing like there is no tomorrow and registering on the nations debt profile. The most painful thing about ACN borrowing is that it is all stealing.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Beaf: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
[size=23pt]Gbawe! Gbawe!! Gbawe!!![/size]
How many times I call you so?

Gbawe, our daddy! Don't you know you are old? Why do you lie so much?
How can an old man like you with very tough grey hairs sticking out of his arse behave like an NURTW operative? Why Gbawe?

How much have you people stolen from Osun?
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2012

I do have a question for you. Are you against State's having debts? or is this just another one of them YOUR-PARTY-WORSE-PASS-OUR-OWN argument's?
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Johndoe100(m): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I do have a question for you. Are you against State's having debts? or is this just another one of them YOUR-PARTY-WORSE-PASS-OUR-OWN argument's?

Another unmistakably circular argument from our dear kobo. You gotta love her.

@gbawe
I am surprised to read posts by you. I thought you had run away with your tail firmly tucked between your legs. Your masters sent you back?

4 Likes

Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Mandelaguy(m): 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2012
Johndoe100:

Another unmistakably circular argument from our dear kobo. You gotta love her.

@gbawe
I am surprised to read posts by you. I thought you had run away with your tail firmly tucked between your legs. Your masters sent you back?
Don't mind them....all they know how to do is criticise and quote out of context.
Re: SUBSIDY LOOT RECOVERY-IWEALA by Silentical: 12:42am On Jul 09, 2012
Madam, dont allow these demagagues to rubbish ur intl record ok! Gej is not capable of proffering solution to naija wahala.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEMA Donates Provisions To Plateau Refugees / Meet The “poorest President” In The World. / Nuggets From El-rufai's Book-el-rufai Leaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.