Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

If The Bible Is A Catholic Book - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Bible Is A Catholic Book (3379 Views)

I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
1. Why does it condemn clerical dress? (Matt. 23:5-6).

2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary? (Luke 11:27-28).

3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests? (1 Pet. 2:5,9).

4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days? (Gal. 4:9-11).

5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints? (1 Cor. 1:2).

6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images? (Ex. 20:4-5).

7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring? (Col. 2:12).

8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"? (Matt. 23:9).

9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter? (1 Cor. 3:11).

10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many? (1 Tim. 2:5).

11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man? (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).

12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter? (Luke 22:24-27).

13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory? (Luke 16:26).

14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hahahaha!

Forsbel can not come to terms that the catholics compiled the bible that she uses!
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2012
1. Calling the Priests "Father" is forbidden

FACT: Catholics are taught to call their priest, "Father", as a religious title of respect. Christians in the first century never called their leaders, "father". This first happened hundreds of years later.

[img]http://www.bible.ca/catholic-priest.gif[/img]

Question #1: Does Jesus approve of calling the leaders of the church, "Father"?

Answer : "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Matthew 23:9

2. Praying repetitive words using Rosary beads is forbidden.

FACT: Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys", (200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying".

[img]http://www.bible.ca/catholic-rosary.jpg[/img]

Historical note: Roman Catholics borrowed the idea of praying with beads from the pagan religions who were already using them hundreds of years before: In 456 AD, Hindus are thought to have introduced the concept of praying with beads to the world. The earliest reference to a rosary (boberkhas) is in their "Jain Canon" (456 AD) These boberkhas had various numbers of beads 6,9,12,18,36 (any sub-multiple of 108) Islam (610 AD) uses a rosary of 99 beads, one for each of the names of God. Buddhists have 108 prayer beads on the string. The Rosary is of pagan origin and no Christian prior to 1000 AD used beads to pray.

Question #1: Did Jesus forbid repetitive prayer using Rosary Beads?

Answer : "And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words." Matthew 6:7
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
3. Virgin Mary

FACT: Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters. The Pope teaches that Mary is the mediator between God and man. Catholics also engage in more praising of Mary than Jesus Christ himself and actually pray to her to have their prayers answered. Rosary Beads graphically represent how Roman Catholics heap 10 times more praise upon Mary than God himself. Of the 59 total beads of the Rosary, 53 beads are "Hail Marys", but only 6 beads are "Our Father". The Rosary most often ends with a "Hail, Holy Queen" prayer to Mary, not God.

[img]http://www.bible.ca/catholic-virgin-mary-mother-of-god.jpg[/img]

Question #1: Did Jesus have brothers and sisters from the womb of Mary?

Answer: "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" Matthew 13:55-56

Question #2: Did Joseph begin normal sexual relations with his wife after Jesus was born?

Answer: "And Joseph awoke from his sleep and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took Mary as his wife, but kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus." Matthew 1:24-25

Question #3: The Bible says there is only one mediator between God and man. Is mary that one mediator?

Answer: "For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." 1 Timothy 2:5

Question #4: Catholics engage in endless praise of Mary. When a woman praised Jesus' mother to his face, did Jesus commend encourage this woman to continue praising Mary?

Answer: "While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed." But He said, "On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it." Luke 11:27-28
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
5. All Christians are saints

FACT: The Pope says only very special dead Catholic people qualify to be called "saints". For example, Pope John Paul II could not make Mother Teresa a saint (official canonization) until after she was dead. The average Catholic in the pew is never called a "saint" dead or alive! In fact if a pew dwelling Catholic started calling himself a "saint", he would be rebuked by the parish priest!

Question #1: Was every living Christian in the church in Corinth called a saint?

Answer: "To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours" 1 Corinthians 1:2

Question #2: Did Paul write the book of Ephesians to dead saints?

Answer: "Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are at Ephesus and who are faithful in Christ Jesus" Ephesians 1:1

Question #3: Was the average Christian in the church at Philippi called a saint, in distinction to bishops and deacons?

Answer: "Paul and Timothy, bond-servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, including the overseers and deacons" Philippians 1:1

Question #4: Was every Christian living in Rome called to be a saint?

Answer: "to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 1:7
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01: Hahahaha!

Forsbel can not come to terms that the catholics compiled the bible that she uses!

cannot , not can not grin
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

cannot , not can not grin

Your name should be FROSTbel because your brain is frozen.

"cannot" is archaic English. "Can not" is what we use in modern days. I dont speak biblical english
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Your name should be FROSTbel because your brain is frozen.

"cannot" is archaic English. "Can not" is what we use in modern days. I dont speak biblical english

You seem to have a problem with modern grammar :

Merriam-Webster lists cannot as one word. If you try looking up “can not” in the online unabridged, you will be sent to a list of suggestions headed by cannot.

According to the entry in the OED, cannot is
the ordinary modern way of writing can not
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
10. [/b]Observance of special days

[b]FACT
: The Roman Catholic church has invented an entire yearly calendar of non Biblical holy Days like Lent, Easter, Christmas.

[img]http://www.bible.ca/santa.jpg[/img]

Historical note: No one prior to 335 AD celebrated the birthday of Jesus. The word "Christmas" (Christ + Mass) was first used in 1038 AD. Before 335 AD, the pagan cult of Mithra, the Iranian "god of light", had long celebrated December 25 as Mithra's birthday. December 21, being the winter solace, marked the beginning of days with increasing amount of light, hence December 25 celebrated Mithra's triumph over darkness. Because the pagan festival that celebrated Mithra's birthday was so popular, the Roman Catholic church adopted the day, but changed the meaning from the birthday of Mithra, the "god of light", to Christ's birthday, God the son, "light of the world". The old meaning of December 25 was connected with Mithra's triumph over physical darkness. The new meaning celebrated Jesus triumph over spiritual darkness. Eventually Christmas became dominant, the Mithra cult went extinct and today this origin is not widely known among Roman Catholics. None of the apostles or the early church celebrated the birthday of Jesus.

Question #1: Did the early Christians celebrate Christmas, Lent and Easter?

Answer: "You observe days and months and seasons and years. I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain." Galatians 4:10-11

Question #2: Are Christians told to remember the Lord's Death every Sunday?

Answer: "On the first day of the week (Sunday), when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to leave the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight." Acts 20:7
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
Frosbel do u mean u don't celebrate christmas and easter??
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid: Frosbel do u mean u don't celebrate christmas and easter??

Why should I grin
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by tobechi20(m): 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
If the bible is not catholic book?

Is it muslim book?
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

You seem to have a problem with modern grammar :

Merriam-Webster lists cannot as one word. If you try looking up “can not” in the online unabridged, you will be sent to a list of suggestions headed by cannot.

According to the entry in the OED, cannot is
the ordinary modern way of writing can not

I stand corrected. They are both correct
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

Why should I grin

Really??
It seems ur a Jehovahs witness that isn't aware of d fact that he is one....:-).....

Hehehehehehehe
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Really??
It seems ur a Jehovahs witness that isn't aware of d fact that he is one....:-).....

Hehehehehehehe

No Sir, churches like Deeper life etc also do not celebrate Christmas.

Besides we are at variance at some core issues which can never be settled this side of life.

For example, do you believe that :

1. Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of GOD
2. That the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of GOD
3. That Jesus Christ is the SON of GOD and the fullness of the deity in bodily form

check out the other article I raised on JW, there are about 10 differences in our beliefs.
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

Besides we are at variance at some core issues which can never be settled this side of life.

3. That Jesus Christ is the SON of GOD and the fullness of the deity in bodily form

check out the other article I raised on JW, there are about 10 differences in our beliefs.

Ofcus I believe Jesus is the son of God...

But I don't believe Jesus is Yahweh...chikena.....

And as regards born again issue I believe in d definition d bible gave and ofcus if 1 isn't born again he or she can't inherit d heavens....
Witnesses agree on that....

But what d witnesses with d bible will dispute is that all righteous persons will go to heaven....d bible never said such kind of thing...

Where would abraham,abel ,joseph and all faithful patriarchs b4 Jesus came go to??

Would Gods promise as regards d earth being habited by humans forever be shoved aside??

And ofcus d witnesses believe d holy spirit is the spirit of God......its like u really don't know d witnesses so far from ur statements...

What d witnesses don't believe and can't totally agree with is that d holy spirit is the 3rd person in the triune formular....

Jehovahs witnesses as I've known them study d bible from genesis to revelation to make pertinent conclusions that is both logically and scripturally accurate....

And they do research everyday just to make sure they end up believeing the truth and not d lie......

When did u stop celebrating xmas and easter??
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
frosbel:

Are you saying that people in other religions like Islam, paganism, hinduism etc are going to hell?
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 7:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Are you saying that people in other religions like Islam, paganism, hinduism etc are going to hell?

They will go to hell ofcus....

Hell is the common grÀve of man.....:-)
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

They will go to hell ofcus....

Hell is the common grÀve of man.....:-)

How do you know hell is real? Which hell do you have evidence for;

a) The cahtolic hell, that has an escape route to purgatory
b) The pentecostal hell only which born again who pay tithes and worship MOGs will escape
c) The pentecistal hell in which you have to accept Jesus and the whole bible literally to escape
d) The unitarian hell in which all good people escape
e) The Jewish hell
f) The Islamic hell
g) The pagan hades
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

How do you know hell is real? Which hell do you have evidence for;

a) The cahtolic hell, that has an escape route to purgatory
b) The pentecostal hell only which born again who pay tithes and worship MOGs will escape
c) The pentecistal hell in which you have to accept Jesus and the whole bible literally to escape
d) The unitarian hell in which all good people escape
e) The Jewish hell
f) The Islamic hell
g) The pagan hades

Hell is grave,sheol,hades...

The common grave of mankind...

Or do u have d same distorted view of hell as do many who think its a place where people roast for all eternity.....

I just gave u d real definition of d word hell....
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Hell is grave,sheol,hades...

The common grave of mankind...

Or do u have d same distorted view of hell as do many who think its a place where people roast for all eternity.....

I just gave u d real definition of d word hell....

I see that you have left your pentecostal views. Ijawkid, you're growing into a man. It's remaining for you to drop your belief in the christian God.

As for me, I do not believe in heaven or hell. Heaven is for the poor in mind to feel that there is a sky daddy and a better place for him/her
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

I see that you have left your pentecostal views. Ijawkid, you're growing into a man. It's remaining for you to drop your belief in the christian God.

As for me, I do not believe in heaven or hell. Heaven is for the poor in mind to feel that there is a sky daddy and a better place for him/her

Lol.....

Heaven is up there...

Aint u seeing it??

My belief on hell has always been this way bro....
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.....

Heaven is up there...

Aint u seeing it??

My belief on hell has always been this way bro....

Shut up. There is no God, no heaven, no hell. Just live your life.
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Frosbel

ouch!
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

U have d right to believe there is no God....

We've gone round circles in this argument.......

Time will reveal to u wether there is God or not........

No be so??
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

U have d right to believe there is no God....

We've gone round circles in this argument.......

Time will reveal to u wether there is God or not........

No be so??

Time will not give you any answers. When you die, your brain stops working, no consciousness.
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Time will not give you any answers. When you die, your brain stops working, no consciousness.

I know....

But ur kids will live to experience what time can do to those who doubt Gods existence........

Generations to come will.......
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by logicboy01: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2012
ijawkid:

I know....

But ur kids will live to experience what time can do to those who doubt Gods existence........

Generations to come will.......

Yes, my kids will live in the most developed countries where religion would be dead or almost dead. Probably in Sweden or Iceland or Norway (or Nigeria if Southern Nigeria/Lagos becomes less religious and more developed)

Your grandkids can live in Northern Nigeria where God ad religion is the opium for deluded and illiterate fools
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by ijawkid(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2012
logicboy01:

Yes, my kids will live in the most developed countries where religion would be dead or almost dead. Probably in Sweden or Iceland or Norway (or Nigeria if Southern Nigeria/Lagos becomes less religious and more developed)

Your grandkids can live in Northern Nigeria where God ad religion is the opium for deluded and illiterate fools

Lol....

Pray psychopath kids who lack home training and bible training just as ur kids would be won't go around shooting people.....
Just as it happens most times....

Or maybe u'll enjoy it too when ur kids while in d western mumu world becomes gays......
Rubbish!!!!

Ur worshipping d whites...

I've told u to come back to nigeria and show ur strength..lol
Re: If The Bible Is A Catholic Book by leaveme: 12:11am On Jul 09, 2012
UNA NO GET WORK OH!

(a)Psalms 14:1 A fool says in his heart that there is no God. shocked

(b)If you argue with a fool no one will be a able to tell the difference. undecided

(c)2 Timothy2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African Pastor Lesego Makes Members Eat Grass (PHOTOS) / Who Said God Hasn't Got A Sense Of Humour? / “ Love Your Neighbour” And Martian’s Antithesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.