Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking (3781 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by nobaga: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2012
There was a post here somewhere about a man that steals meat from the pot after eating. So what do we do about our wives that eat half of the meat while cooking?
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by victorian(f): 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Simple! Bar yourselves from the kitchen and pot of soups, and allow a chef to do the cooking, counting of the meat ,dishing out appropriate portions to each family member and locking it up in the freezer sad and everyone is happy!.. what a jamb question...oh Lord. angry
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by freecocoa(f): 10:08pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ha oh!
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by isalegan2: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2012
nobaga: There was a post here somewhere about a man that steals meat from the pot after eating. So what do we do about our wives that eat half of the meat while cooking?

lol.

Maybe she's:
- stressed?
- distracted?
- hungry?
- nervous?
- all of the above?

Give her some celery sticks to munch on while cooking and doing her chores. Those things are so nasty though; so don't be surprised if she throws them at your head. grin
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by xyloxloto(m): 4:17am On Jul 09, 2012
next time simply count the meat in the pot of soup after then you know what to do.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 4:29am On Jul 09, 2012
why is it "stealing" for the man and "eating" for the woman?

that sounds s.tupid.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 4:32am On Jul 09, 2012
hope people now see the danger of elevating physical features alone in a partner, to the exclusion of every other thing?

if its to be shouting p****y p***y everyday, or sex, sex ,sex everyday, na there dem dey see una.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 09, 2012
Lol,am guilty of dat myself,am nt married though,i stay alone and cook 4 myself on a sunday afternoon in various pots and put it in d fridge dat will last me for 2 wks.i can buy like 2 kilo of turkey and eat like half of it @ d end of it all i pay 4 it because d meats actually finishes on tym b4 d stew or rice and so d means of checking myself while cooking is chewing gum and or eating buiscuits,d real reason y many women like me do dis is because most of d time women cook when they are hungry and so d temptation is high to eat what ure cooking,d aroma or smell of d food is also another strong motivator why some women eat almost all d meat when cooking.infact wen me and my girlfriend stayed together we usually contribute money to buy meat and we will cook and so when warming it every morning and evening,one meat always reduce n it caused a big fight among us before we agreed on cooking individually.so d best thing ill suggest is to cook when ure not hungry or buy buiscuits 4 her n put it in d shelf of d kitchen or jist with her in d kitchen while she's cooking and before u say jack robinson food will be ready without her takin anytin from d pot
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by escobar07(m): 10:00am On Jul 09, 2012
shes meatophilic
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 11:05am On Jul 09, 2012
kulyie: Lol,am guilty of dat myself,am nt married though,i stay alone and cook 4 myself on a sunday afternoon in various pots and put it in d fridge dat will last me for 2 wks.i can buy like 2 kilo of turkey and eat like half of it @ d end of it all i pay 4 it because d meats actually finishes on tym b4 d stew or rice and so d means of checking myself while cooking is chewing gum and or eating buiscuits,d real reason y many women like me do dis is because most of d time women cook when they are hungry and so d temptation is high to eat what ure cooking,d aroma or smell of d food is also another strong motivator why some women eat almost all d meat when cooking.infact wen me and my girlfriend stayed together we usually contribute money to buy meat and we will cook and so when warming it every morning and evening,one meat always reduce n it caused a big fight among us before we agreed on cooking individually.so d best thing ill suggest is to cook when ure not hungry or buy buiscuits 4 her n put it in d shelf of d kitchen or jist with her in d kitchen while she's cooking and before u say jack robinson food will be ready without her takin anytin from d pot

You are just lacking self-restraint. I cook too and don't go eating meat and fish from the pot.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by EfemenaXY: 11:12am On Jul 09, 2012
nobaga: There was a post here somewhere about a man that steals meat from the pot after eating. So what do we do about our wives that eat half of the meat while cooking?

Simple - learn how to cook.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by honeric01(m): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2012
kulyie: Lol,am guilty of dat myself,am nt married though,i stay alone and cook 4 myself on a sunday afternoon in various pots and put it in d fridge dat will last me for 2 wks.i can buy like 2 kilo of turkey and eat like half of it @ d end of it all i pay 4 it because d meats actually finishes on tym b4 d stew or rice and so d means of checking myself while cooking is chewing gum and or eating buiscuits,d real reason y many women like me do dis is because most of d time women cook when they are hungry and so d temptation is high to eat what ure cooking,d aroma or smell of d food is also another strong motivator why some women eat almost all d meat when cooking.infact wen me and my girlfriend stayed together we usually contribute money to buy meat and we will cook and so when warming it every morning and evening,one meat always reduce n it caused a big fight among us before we agreed on cooking individually.so d best thing ill suggest is to cook when ure not hungry or buy buiscuits 4 her n put it in d shelf of d kitchen or jist with her in d kitchen while she's cooking and before u say jack robinson food will be ready without her takin anytin from d pot

You were the thief stealing the "one missing meat" all the time.

I cook too and i don't steal since it's mine. i don't even taste my food until i am ready to eat.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by otokx(m): 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
@poster

thank God she even cooks
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
otokx: @poster

thank God she even cooks

LOL
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
Big deal!!!!....i don't know how a man will steal meat from the pot in his own house? he can go into the pot and take as many meat as he can finish....all the woman has to do, is add extra meat, for snacking and eating with a regular meal
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by nykee(f): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2012
ronkebp: Big deal!!!!....i don't know how a man will steal meat from the pot in his own house? he can go into the pot and take as many meat as he can finish....all the woman has to do, is add extra meat, for snacking and eating with a regular meal

Really
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
well, some men here such as the likes of lefulefu, would probably be flogged senseless by their wives anyway, if they dared touch her food without being served and told when or what to eat.

when una no dey respect una self, how women go respect una?

do many of you even know the meaning of respect, so nothing spoil anyway.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
Hi tpia sweetheart
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by armyofone(m): 2:03am On Jul 10, 2012
just keep (hard) beef jerky around. someting to chew on while cooking. the toughness of the jerky will fill him/her. don't forget to buy the jalapenos fire type grin

I'm begining to hate meat.

The suffering cows cry i feel pity for them.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by doofanc: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2012
honeric01:

You were the thief stealing the "one missing meat" all the time.

I cook too and i don't steal since it's mine. i don't even taste my food until i am ready to eat.

lol! I really how u can steal what belongs to u
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2012
Nigerians and funny mentality.

I think its poverty and illiteracy that causes this kind of mindset sha.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2012
Maclatunji,i dont lack self restraint.when you are hungry and tired,u can eat anything,its just nature and u cant cheat it.my mom also did dat while growing up.d rules in our house was dat wheneva my mom was cooking,everyone had to be in d kitchen regardless of ur gender and she will say shewa take a piece of meat from d pot and taste it whether its ready,from tasting,ill take a bite again,ill pas a strand to my broda,mom will take one and everybody will b jistin and eating in d kitchen.our kitchen used to b very rowdy especially on sundays as kids,so i will say i picked dat habit from her.even up till now she does dat weneva i com visitin her and occasionally i caution her by saying muuuummmmy,e ti change (mummy,u've not changed) and she'l tel me playfully in yoruba,whats ur own,is it not my husband am cookin 4 and he's not complainin,u too go to d market buy food stuffs and cook urs.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 10:05am On Jul 10, 2012
kulyie: Maclatunji,i dont lack self restraint.when you are hungry and tired,u can eat anything,its just nature and u cant cheat it.my mom also did dat while growing up.d rules in our house was dat wheneva my mom was cooking,everyone had to be in d kitchen regardless of ur gender and she will say shewa take a piece of meat from d pot and taste it whether its ready,from tasting,ill take a bite again,ill pas a strand to my broda,mom will take one and everybody will b jistin and eating in d kitchen.our kitchen used to b very rowdy especially on sundays as kids,so i will say i picked dat habit from her.even up till now she does dat weneva i com visitin her and occasionally i caution her by saying muuuummmmy,e ti change (mummy,u've not changed) and she'l tel me playfully in yoruba,whats ur own,is it not my husband am cookin 4 and he's not complainin,u too go to d market buy food stuffs and cook urs.

No, it is not right. I understand what you are trying to say but things like this cause conflict. Like you said, it caused a problem with your female friend and it is likely to cause conflict with your future spouse too. If you are hungry, you can have biscuits or other snacks but not dipping hands in the pot and eating the meat whilst it is still on the cooker.

By the way, nice story with your mum but it doesn't make it right.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by EfemenaXY: 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^ Mac ease up on the girl!

You're too strict, haba! I sure say in addition to the self-restraint you champion here, you go use padlock and chains for all your cooking pots sef grin

Personally, I don't see it as a big deal. Simply buy enough to go round jor! I don't even know why this, is a topic for debate.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^^^ I tire oooo.....there is nothing wrong in eating the meat you cooked yourself in your own house.....my own thing is, if you do not watch what you eat, you will begin to pack on the pounds and grow fatter.....instead of snacking on meat, get crackers that are fat free and chew on them.....it will keep you filled till the food is ready.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 2:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Mac ease up on the girl!

You're too strict, haba! I sure say in addition to the self-restraint you champion here, you go use padlock and chains for all your cooking pots sef grin

Personally, I don't see it as a big deal. Simply buy enough to go round jor! I don't even know why this, is a topic for debate.

Yeah, I might seem harsh but I know of an instance where one of the issues of major conflict in a failed marriage was the husband "noticing" that the wife continually gave herself bigger portions of meat/chicken/fish when she served meals. Now, I don't know if it is true that the wife did that but can you imagine that being a source/part of serious marital conflict?

I agree if she buys enough to go round, it will be less of a problem. However, the best thing is to curb the habit. And no, I don't lock pots. I tend to take less of the meat than I should too.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
why would the wife give herself bigger pieces of meat than the husband?

was she pregnant or something?

and if she wasnt serving herself extra portions (assuming the husband was mistaken), the minute he said he "noticed" such, she should have made sure she served him extra large cuts of meat/fish/chicken/whatever.

for goodness sake, isnt life already stressful enough without adding all these uneccessary aggravations to it?
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ Maclatunji i'm a meat lover n because of my love 4 meats i cut my meats in piesces like 3-4,really we were trained theres no big deal in food,food is nothing,there was notin we dint eat wen we want to eat,and it helped cos durin my teenage yrs guys takin me to eatry wasnt a big deal to me compared to my mates then.wots so special in meat sef,isnt it 4 consumption,ironically my partner is not a food person.he doesnt like eating dat much.meat,turkey,chicken fish doesnt even trip him.he can tel me to giv him a smal portion of rice n no meat.even wen i put 2 big chicken laps on rice,he doesnt finish eating one.meanwhile maclatunji slow down,food is vain
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
^I am relaxed Kulyie, meat might not be big to the two of us but we cannot say the same for everybody else. By the way, you're not marrying your guy alone but his family too. Let it not be in the grapevine that you're the wife with the love of meat. You will shocked at the kinds of conflict food has caused. Food is up there with money, sex and power as things that induce some negative behaviour in people when not put in proper context.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by r231(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
Another meat thread undecided
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
I can't help it!

But there's a picture forming in my mind here:

Mr & Mrs Kulyie Maclatunji having a long drawn out argument over the missing pieces of meat from the pot! grin grin

~ Mr Mac is adamant there were X pieces of meat in the pot of soup before leaving for work this morning...

~ Mrs Kulyie insists there were (X - Y) pieces of meat in the soup pot this morning...

~ Whom shall we believe? The story continues... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should A Married Man Dish His Soup In The Presence Of His Wife? / Is It Right For A Man To Move Into His Wifes Apartment / Middle Class And Upper Class Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.