Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,572 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? (860 Views)

Dele Momodu, George Bush, Tony Blair & Wole Soyinka Pictured / President George W Bush Arrested For Cocaine Possession / Obama Visits Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by igbo2011(m): 3:19am On Jul 09, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2169770/Former-President-George-Bush-forgoes-July-Fourth-celebrations-spends-holidays-Zambian-orphanage.html

Former President George W. Bush showed his compassionate side by spending Fourth of July at an orphanage in Zambia.
The 66-year-old and his wife Laura visited the Kasisi Children's Home in Lusaka, one of the largest orphanages in the country.
Pictures released during Mr Bush’s one-week stay in Africa show him tenderly hugging a young boy and holding a baby while his wife looks on.

He can be seen interacting with the children at the center which is home to 230 orphans - 60 of whom live with HIV.
He appeared to be a hit with the children, who lined up to shake his hand and listened intently as he read to them.

The former Governor of Texas’ visit was part of a mission to raise awareness of a cervical cancer detection and treatment program he has set up in Zambia, which has the second highest number of cervical cancer cases in the world
Many Zambian women infected with the disease are also living with HIV and have weakened immune systems, according to the Catholic Online.

'The saddest thing of all is to know a lady's life has been saved from AIDS but died from cervical cancer,' Bush told the website. 'And so starting in Zambia, the Bush Center, along with our partners, are going to put on a cervical cancer crusade to save lives.'
Mr Bush described his trip as ‘a labor of love’ which was born out of a commitment to save lives.
Also on Independence Day, the former first family visited University Teaching Hospital where they opened the Center of Excellence for Women’s Cancer Control, which aims to reduce deaths from women’s cancers in the African region by raising the standards of care through education, training and research.
During his remarks at the hospital, Mr Bush said: ‘On our country’s birthday, it is important to remember the blessings of freedom and the blessings of being an American and to give back’.

I think that George Bush is a sinister evil man who should be in the Hague, but the ICC is only for Africans. He is responsible for millions of deaths in Iraq and he is responsible for deaths in the COngo as well. I don't trust any American president (past or present) in Africa. Including Obomber and Clinton.

What are your opinions?
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by manny4life(m): 3:39am On Jul 09, 2012
^^^

As for you< you need to stop smoking that ganja the impairs the brain

@topic

That's hi problem, not mine. I never even liked the dude when he was president, why now? undecided undecided undecided
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by daryoor(m): 4:42am On Jul 09, 2012
kudos to the cream de la cream of illuminati, well, i see no ulterior motif in this endeavour. But i tot some human right activist said they will ensure he is arrested if he steps out of U.S for extrajudicial imprisonment and torture.
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by odumchi: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2012
igbo2011: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2169770/Former-President-George-Bush-forgoes-July-Fourth-celebrations-spends-holidays-Zambian-orphanage.html
He is responsible for millions of deaths in Iraq and he is responsible for deaths in the COngo as well.

Chei. How many people dey in Iraq sef?
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2012
odumchi:

Chei. How many people dey in Iraq sef?

grin grin grin grin grin

lol that is what you call the epitome of exaggeration. grin

@topic who give a d__n??
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
If I was US president and witnessed 911, I think I would probably have declared war on all hostile arab countries , so I do not really blame Bush for invading Iraq in the circumstances.

Now Congo may be another matter, I do not know the situation in The Congo.
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by igbo2011(m): 2:03am On Jul 10, 2012
GenBuhari: If I was US president and witnessed 911, I think I would probably have declared war on all hostile arab countries , so I do not really blame Bush for invading Iraq in the circumstances.

Now Congo may be another matter, I do not know the situation in The Congo.

Congo is just for greed to steal the mineral wealth of the Congo. They rather save money than buy it.

Watch this:
http://www.consciousbeingalliance.com/2012/08/witchdoctors-of-watutsiland/
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by dasparrow: 3:07am On Jul 10, 2012
@Post

Why do these american leaders remember to visit Africa after their tenure in office is over? they never remember to visit when they are in office. Watch now, once Obama is no longer in office, I won't be suprised if he takes his two left feet to Nigeria and other African countries he had no intentions of visiting whilst being the president of the USA. As for former president George Bush, why the sudden 'goody two shoes' in his character? Abeg, make americans carry go!
Re: George W. Bush Visits Africa: What Do You Think? by Lisa1: 3:21am On Jul 10, 2012
Thanks for sharing.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election Result : Oshiomhole Wins By A Wide Margin / What Sahara Reporters Wrote Before Edo Election / It Is Better To Live A Day Like A Lion,se/ss In Biafra We Stand Come 2015 Or Els

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.