Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,730 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back (10492 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July / CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Spicyhawt: 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
Why is it that most people enjoy borrowing money but paying back is usually a problem
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by swaggerific: 12:54am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by planetuzor(m): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2012
MOD: front page, front page,FRONT PAGE pls s s s s s s s

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by vezycash(m): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
[size=15pt]in simple words - zero collateral.[/size]
It is sound business practice to request something in equal or far valuable than the amount you are lending
Anyone who lends money without collecting real collateral is begging to be duped.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
Because people who borrow do so out of desperation and paying back will be difficult because if they had a means of raising money, they wouldnt have gone borrowing.

Warning: Do not lend an amount 3 times more than what a hired killer will receive to kill you. The love of money is root of all evil. Do not lend any amount you are not ready to lose.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dannywest: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
No collateral!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Chaydee(m): 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
planetuzor: MOD: front page, front page,FRONT PAGE pls s s s s s s s
Back Page, Back Page, Back Page plsssssssss.

@Op, i guess it's greediness, some people don't want to give but will Beg heaven to collect/borrow from you!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Okijajuju1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
This shit pisses me the fhuck off...

I have a nigga who owes me money and hasn't paid back for over 6 months... I met the nigga a few weeks back and guess what he said?

I never called him so he thought I had dashed him.... angry

300,000 naira o!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by sashaa(f): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
I honestly dont know. Especially those that actually do have d money but simply do not want to pay back. I once heard a girl complaining to her friend of someone 'disturbing' her 'simply' because she had not paid her for a blouse she bought on credit. According to her she simply couldnt get d persons problem for disturbing her for a blouse she had already 'finshed wearing' even. Some people just do not have a pricking conscience. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Freiburger(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2012
And what about these giving out the loans without a proper credit rating verification?
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by sd6: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
Its pitiable. It would require self discipline and conscious integrity for borrowers to pay. A larger number of them are able yet reluctant to pay. Some become so envious of the money they'd pay back. It is therefore very important to assess an individual's financial behaviour, selfworth and esteem and your capacity to survive bad debts when taking lending decisions. Its rather safe to give out tokens than make huge lending commitments.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by kokoye(m): 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
Simple: because they are debtors.

If they pay back, you cant call them debtors anymore...can you?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
How much are they owing you. I'm a professional debt collector- the LUPO standard! Contact me. Agentendy@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Piyke: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
vezycash: [size=15pt]in simple words - zero collateral.[/size]
It is sound business practice to request something in equal or far valuable than the amount you are lending
Anyone who lends money without collecting real collateral is begging to be duped.

dannywest: No collateral!

My best guess is that the op is not talking about formal bank loans and stuff like that. Or do you mean you collect collateral from your friends and family

Well for me i think for some people its just a state of mind and habit. people like this would have the money and not pay back. It just beats my imagination. My technique for dealing with such people is not to lend but to dash or lend them the amount i can fore-go at the time.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by r231(m): 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
vezycash: [size=15pt]in simple words - zero collateral.[/size]

True
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by sansom1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
They feel happy when they recieve it because it add value to them but,they feel bad when they wanted to paid because,it reduce the value from them.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by pecopeco: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
yea cool cool cool
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by fittty(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2012
Okija_juju: This shit pisses me the fhuck off...

I have a nigga who owes me money and hasn't paid back for over 6 months... I met the nigga a few weeks back and guess what he said?

I never called him so he thought I had dashed him.... angry

300,000 naira o!

Hahahaha. LMFAO. Just what happened to me a month ago. Dude told me he tot I dashed him. Lol!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by AkpuNku2: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
some people will even have the mind to tell u when u go the collect the money from him/her, after all the federal government is owing

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by naijaspeak(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2012
It depends on the character trait of the borrower. We
have faithful borrower (honest) and the deceitful ones. However' there are some borrower who are interested and sincere in meeting their obligation to their debtor but due to circumstances beyond their control they are unable to pay their debt. This type of persons deserves sympathy understanding from the lender whom should exercise some patient.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
Irunmu l'owo.

Somebody has answered correctly: zero collateral, moral hazard
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by boyendowed(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
That's why it's always best to say no and damn the consequences
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Abyjah: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
Y'all know sumfin, dis nigga borrowed money from me & when it was due to pay up, he stopped pickin ma kuls.
The money is not much, but I feel embittered and betrayed & only God knows wot imma do to that 4ka angry sad
P.s: Looking for where to get a gun
P.s.s: Any helpful information is welcomed

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by boyendowed(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
sansom1: They feel happy when they recieve it because it add value to them but,they feel bad when they wanted to paid because,it reduce the value from them.

Well said
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by kefidoh(m): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2012
Because paying debt is sacrifice. Many people don't wanna sacrifice.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Obinoscopy(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
Greed, wickedness, selfishness. . . . . .
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by amtheone(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Because people who borrow do so out of desperation and paying back will be difficult because if they had a means of raising money, they wouldnt have gone borrowing.

Warning: Do not lend an amount 3 times more than what a hired killer will receive to kill you. The love of money is root of all evil. Do not lend any amount you are not ready to lose.

u are very rite
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2012
To borrow dey sweet to pay back na the wahala

I have a friend who borrowed 2500 dollars last year Easter and hasn't paid a dime back till today last week he now called me for another 300 dollar loan. Imagine

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Freiburger(m): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
dayokanu: To borrow dey sweet to pay back na the wahala

I have a friend who borrowed 2500 dollars last year Easter and hasn't paid a dime back till today last week he now called me for another 300 dollar loan. Imagine
And what was your reaction?
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by NwaTeacher1: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
If u pay off all ur debt, no person will heap 2 wake u up in d morning. Debt gives room 4 guest
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Nice thread. I intend reporting one of my debtors to Police by next week. Infact, she no longer pick my calls, not replying my text messages, never called back.... She had her phone switched off since morning because of me...imagine !!!! Time for "olopa" to deal with someone.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2012
dayokanu: To borrow dey sweet to pay back na the wahala

And you call him a friend ? He is a parasite, believe me, the moment that guy is on bucks he wont even call you his friend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Need To Fund My Opay Account / UBA PLC: My Complaints / How I Made Close To N2M Advertising On Nairaland Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.