Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

UBA PLC: My Complaints - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA PLC: My Complaints (10493 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 29, 2007
Uba Plc Is Increasing Poverty Rather Than Solving It

UBA Plc has been one bank with too many problems? i guess maybe there customers are just too many for them to handle at the moment and they are really looking and acting confused every single second.

Why should they be deducting N5 on every N1000 once a payment of over N100,000 is deposited into your account?

There was a project a just got and they payment was made into my UBA account only for almost N10,000 to be deducted from the total amount paid into my account, what do you call such? BIG SHORTAGE! on the job.

Secondly why are they going about telling CBN and the security agents to probe into all this upcoming investment houses? the question is simple, they are all closing their various accounts with the bank.

Where would this lead the so called big bank to?
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by SOJ(m): 7:59pm On May 29, 2007
UBA is made up a bunch o insecure and unimaginative set of people.I heard of the deductions too, its a crazy thing to do.U should blame d people who still transact biz with them.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by eniola1310(f): 4:36pm On May 30, 2007
Uba is so sick. money was deductedfrom my savings account too becase i made a wirthdrawal outside the area that my account is domiciled. ans both areas are within this lagos o!!
thay are thives and i think they have run out of ideas of making an income for the bank so they resulted to robbing their customers of their hard earned money
anyway the next time i step into a uba, i'm going in to close my account because i just cant deal with that at all
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Tmoni(m): 11:47pm On May 30, 2007
i have never liked UBA or STB, it is always crowded and has this dodgy demeanor,
GTBank is far better,
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by debosky(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2007
@ the original poster - if such a fee is not clearly described in the Account Opening Agreement, then you can report them to the CBN or the appropriate authority for sanctioning, if it is actually in the Agreement/Terms and Conditions, then you have no complaint. Always read the fine print. as the saying goes - the devil is in the details!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by enolase(m): 2:54pm On May 31, 2007
To add to this thread.

A few days back I posted on one on the new UBA ATM policy where withdrawals below N20,000 across the counter attract charges.

Meanwhile, ATM I applied for since Sept 2006 is nowhere to be found.

Instant ATM nko?  Story story story and more stories. Come today, come tomorrow, the teller is not on seat, the lady in charge has gone to the hospital, etc etc etc.

The only thing I am gaining from this bank is their share price increases.

Intercontinental bank is even worse.

You need to go to their Transamadi branch in PH. Highly annoying experience. angry
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by uchetobi(f): 3:16pm On May 31, 2007
well in response. Some of us don’t have a choice e.g. me that is where my salary account is domiciled. I have heard people complain about them so much but I have no cause for complain. I got my ATM card a week after I applied and since then I haven’t been into the banking hall except to depose. Cuz  I either use the ATM or writ cheques. But I remember tehn when I was in school and my boyfriend paid his school ffees into STB (Lagos) and withdrew from Ibadan. He lost about nine thousand and he had to pay it himself. I remember he closed that account
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by babakng: 4:55pm On May 31, 2007
UBA deducts 100naira on any amount you withdraw outside your domicilled branch even itf it is 100naira,5naira on every thousand u withdraw above 50k and 5 naira on every thousand over 5ok that u deposit.if you keep an account there run for your dear life b4 they skin u alive.they almost killed me.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by utibem(m): 6:13pm On May 31, 2007
Uba has always been a f@@k up Bank. Please my advice is change over to another Bank immediately before you are robbed NAKED
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by simeony(m): 6:34pm On May 31, 2007
UBA  is the most F**k bank around,once i get to Enugu i will close my account with them because am sick and tired of their hidden charges
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by kg(f): 6:54pm On May 31, 2007
I'm glad someone started this thread, I was thinking of starting it too.

UBA or STB na serious "kalokalo" bank, I've had crazy deductions before and the truth is, it's like a trap, they don't inform you( verbal or written) and they go ahead and deduct your money. It is only if you notice that they will explain to you, of course the damage must have been done by then.

Other banks don't do so, I wonder what can be done to stop them
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by fromuk(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2007
if u complain and still have your account in UBA then you want then to dry and no need for you to complain. Just shun UBA and they will reverse and look for nw costomers.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by 1forall: 6:59pm On May 31, 2007
UBA's reputation is now well and widely known
Read through this thread (and my post) here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=937.msg736238#msg736238

YEYE!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by myholydove(m): 7:32pm On May 31, 2007
no mind those guys 4 UBA, they are thieves. If want to withdraw money from any of their branches itz always lioke thru hell, the queue is unimaginable long thereby wasting man hour.
They make 2 many deductions on your account also.
I think we the customers should start loooking elsewhere 2 keep our money.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by hannydarl(f): 7:40pm On May 31, 2007
Those UBA guys almost cause me not to buy the goods i traveled abroad to buy i had their credit card and the idiot at the bank told me i could withdraw any amount anytime i wanted luckily for me i decided to make the purchase a few days earlier only to discover that i can only withdraw a certain amount at a time and i needed 3times the amount they allow me withdraw i had to go to the market everydey for 3 days to buy one item at a time. I wonder what if i had taken things forgranted and decided to pay for the goods 1 day before my return i would have been totaly fu, ked.
YeYe people al of them idiots. I guess i dint learn from my past experience with them i thought shit happens once in a while but with the credit card shit happening twice i had to close my account with them idiots it was 1 shit too many.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by justme3(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2007
i dnt ve an account with UBA but i can tell its a crazy bank. just school fees payment here in unilag is a big problem.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by tolulope01(f): 10:36pm On May 31, 2007
useless is indeed the word.
it took them close to i year for them to produce an atm card 4 me. thank god for gtb sha did they expect me to hang around for that long.
they then sent me a text to come nd pick it up, i just left it for them, nd the queus are mad
that is how my friend went to pay into a nospetco account, and as she was bout to pay the rude girl tore up the deposit slip right in her face and basically screamed 'THIS ACCOUNT IS FROZEN!"
So crazy a bank. they should be ,
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by ifababa(m): 5:40am On Jun 01, 2007
Thanks so much for this thread guys, You know i was thinking of starting up a domiciliary account with them an when i made enquiries they said i have to open it with a minimum deposit of a $1000, quite high compared to other banks , but my real fear was that they said it wasnt necessary for me to have had a 6 months current account running with them like all the other banks, And it made me sceptical, i never knew they were only trying to attract victims, Thanks Guys

And please Can anyone advise on the best bank to open a domicilliary account with, ??

Isreal
musicalade@yahoo.com
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2007
I closed my Account with them a long time ago because of their poor customer service. When i went to camp some years ago, my check book was finished i informed my local branch before i left to serve but they told me they ran out of check books that i shoyuld go and report in the ir branch in the state i was posted. The customer service officer their stoped short of calling me a thief even when i had evidence to prove, i would have been strnded if not for the fact that i had another account with ETB where i went and got quick service and attention.I would not open an account with UBA if it was the last bank in the world i would rather bury my money in the ground.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by boraddo(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2007
UBA has a very very poor customer service. i have 5accounts wit them, and unfortunately they havent stopped dissapointing me.

thank God for GTB
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by ryu11(m): 9:25am On Jun 01, 2007
I thought i was the only one mad at UBA. The bank is cursed as far as I know. The list of my complaints would stretch for miles. Well I have come to understand one thing. Trace their origin - UBA is what you get when you cross an IMP cool (STB) and a Goblin  angry(UBA). And to think they were awarded Thisday Bank of the year. I gave up them ages ago.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by doubletree(f): 10:36am On Jun 01, 2007
Oh dear! this rather worrying.
we only just opened an account with them because it seemed a cheaper option for sending money home than using western union or moneygram.
I wonder if some hidden charges are going to spring up when we use them.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Shibrino(f): 10:50am On Jun 01, 2007
Our experience as a company with the bank is nothing to write home about.  You cant ask for anything and get it when it is required.  Processing documents, you have to be patient enough and accept their own convenient time. for me. nothing is good about them.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by dremoney(m): 11:23am On Jun 01, 2007
UBA has been a rubbish bank 4rm inception (though i got friends working wit them.they wuld av changed if there was an option.)
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Danoe(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2007
They have refused to sent my ATM pin to me

edohoboy1@yahoo.com
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Freekeezee(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2007
Let GOD bless the guy that posted this topic.

To the best of my knowledge,UBA is the worst bank in Nigeria as at today in terms of transaction. Since the defunct STB,You walk into a bank just for a single transaction,you spend the whole day while rubbing you with illegal charges.(Upcountry, Intersol charges etc).

I deposited 600,000naira in a branch in V/I and they charged me 3,000naira.My own money! When I demanded explanation,they told me it was INTERSOL charge. SHIT! They are really THIEVES. Which bank does that?

Customers are adviced to close their accounts and go for other better banks. I beleive by the time they stat losing customers one by one,they would have a rethink.

Regards
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by Freekeezee(m): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2007
Let GOD bless the guy that posted this topic.

To the best of my knowledge,UBA is the worst bank in Nigeria as at today in terms of transaction. Since the defunct STB,You walk into a bank just for a single transaction,you spend the whole day while rubbing you with illegal charges.(Upcountry, Intersol charges etc).

I deposited 600,000naira in a branch in V/I and they charged me 3,000naira.My own money! When I demanded explanation,they told me it was INTERSOL charge. SHIT! They are really THIEVES. Which bank does that?

Customers are adviced to close their accounts and go for other better banks. I beleive by the time they stat losing customers one by one,they would have a rethink.

Regards
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by ILOEGBE(f): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2007
I always wished i never heard of the bank. i have decided to close all my accounts there.
Their customer care is the worst, they just dont care. There was once a worker there abused my friend and called him a rat in the bank, right in front of other customers, imagine!!!
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by otokx(m): 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2007
Those guys are terribly wicked; they want to upgrade themselves with our cash.
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by senetee(m): 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2007
Yeah guys,
Customer service at UBA is quite annoying. There are always long queues et al. Also their charges are crazy even while i was serving, STB deducted something from my paltry allowee.
On the other hand, UBAs stock price is making me happy cheesy
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by dj4wealth: 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2007
I hope someone pass this across to UBA Directors and Tony Elumelu too
Re: UBA PLC: My Complaints by cyprianjr(m): 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2007
I am a UBA account holder ( palm avenue,mushin branch ),i filled the ATM form last year and till date my ATM card has not been giving to me,they keep giving me one lame excuse or the other.

This should be checked on i.e if any of their top officials have time to visit local websites abi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Made Close To N2M Advertising On Nairaland Ads / President Jonathan to honor 100 Nigerian companies / Stock Market Gains N52bn As Buhari Floors Atiku At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.