Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back (10500 Views)

CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List / CBN Orders Banks To Publish Names Of Debtors From End Of July / CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by buJu234: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2012
i have found out that most Nigerians can easily borrow but to pay back u will sweat to get ur money back..

so i have a golden dont LOAN OUT WHAT U CANT DASH OUT....
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Spicyhawt: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2012
Fit2Rule: How much are they owing you. I'm a professional debt collector- the LUPO standard! Contact me. Agentendy@gmail.com

lol,i will definately contact you

naijababe:

Cheap way to get rid of pretentious friends. No true friend will let money get in the way of a good relationship.
true fact NOTED

@all thanks for your responses and advice..i sincerely dont know how they wake up in the morning without their conscience pricking them..some useless ones will say send your account number i will pay u tomorrow but that's a big lie.

i have had so many borrowing scenarios.... this one was the most annoying, i sold some stuffs to a friend of mine i used a courier service to deliver them to her,to even acknowledge the delivery was a problem,i was always doing the calling of which she paid part.i called again after 8 months only for her to tell me that she was duped bla bla bla.....that she cant even remember how much the money was anymore and i was like shocked shocked shocked i just let her be..if she chooses to pay fine...
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Spicyhawt: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Ishsoph: Personally i giv out any amnt i can afford to lose. This is because i dnt knw how to dsturb my debtors xpecially friends nd close acquantances. Feels aweful reminding them and dsappointed whn they dnt take d initiative in dscussin it or pretend to hav 4goten. Then again i find it difficult borrow or buy in credit. Feels uncomfortable till i pay. Bought airtime frm a customer in credit last friday cos i 4gt my wallet in d trouser i wore d previous day to d office whn i wz rushing to meet up wit my staff bus. I felt uncomfortable d entire day that i had to get to my bank & make withdrawal dat day. The lady was like how come did u return home nd fetch ur wallet. And i wz like u wont understand. That's one of d numerous instances i hav startled my creditors wit pre-mature payment.

thats how i feel too..at least no be human being dem be undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
Billyonaire: Because people who borrow do so out of desperation and paying back will be difficult because if they had a means of raising money, they wouldnt have gone borrowing.

Warning: Do not lend an amount 3 times more than what a hired killer will receive to kill you. The love of money is root of all evil. Do not lend any amount you are not ready to lose.

You are a true billonaire...
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by akinalabi(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2012
If you dont want problems, do not lend people money. You are not a bank.

Give what you can give and forget it.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
People keep talking about assets as collateral, I thought u don't need collateral for personal lending..well before I lend people money, me I dey always look at their personal financial circumstances, more like credit scoring them. But as we all know, circumstances do change. Someone who has a good job today could end up with no job tomorrow.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by edmasta01: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2012
I gave myself a new policy since 2011, I shall not 'lend' nor 'borrow' anybody anymoney. Even if the person is my mother.

People are wicked! They'd borrow money from you and refuse to pay back and expect you not to ask for it.

Some will even go to church and pray that you'll forget or overwrite their debt.

I have a friend/brother who still owes me N1.15 Million since 2010. Funny enough, he never talked about it.

I am the one chasing him and he is yet to pay me a dime out of it.

I am not angry that I loan him that much, I am angry with myself for trusting people same way I trust myself.

I got my first loan from a mentor of mine about 10yrs back. It was N120,000 and I was 19yrs or so then. I made sure I paid everything back that same year.

I have never owed any body any cash without paying it back. So it bothers me when I am being owed and not paid up.

There is another guy (business friend) I loaned 250k and up till this moment never paid off.

And that is the reason for that policy.

Funny enough, my wife's friend asked her for a loan and my wife ran it past me if she could lon...I simply said 'NO'. She argued with me for ages, and I simply told her there are 1001 things we could do with the cash.

I don't give people loan. And yes, I am not planning to ask for it too.

Its a policy and its helped.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by bejay766: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
Same as rushing to go and poo but refusing to flush afterwards!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by jkeva: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
Hmmm, same here, a guy was almost crying begging me for money dt he was owing sm1 n d person wanted to arrest him wt police, so outta self pity i borrowed him 40 frm ma project money in skul outta 50k he ws lookin 4 sayin he ws goin to pay as ASAP, after den i cald him several tyms bt he refuse to pick, thank God i was able to complete my project, after av finished nysc, i now jammed him on d road, he ws drivin a car n kinda livin large, i asked him 4 ma moni bt he said he ws broke dt he hs 5k outta 40k, imagin, i jst left him for God to judge him.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by MickeyBricks(m): 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju: This shit pisses me the fhuck off...

I have a nigga who owes me money and hasn't paid back for over 6 months... I met the nigga a few weeks back and guess what he said?

I never called him so he thought I had dashed him.... angry

300,000 naira o!

You should have slapped the guy, that is naija mentality for you. How can you borrow someone money then now be begging the person to pay you back.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by jaysm(f): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2012
Some people owe u and they want to u so no one will draw d debt again! Me someone is owing me and said he ready to go to court wit me, now i m planning to go and stay with him and his wife cos, he signed for his wife. Some debtors are just wicked and heartless!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by jaysm(f): 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2012
Some people owe u and they want to kill u, so no one will draw d debt again! Me someone is owing me and said he ready to go to court wit me, now i m planning to go and stay with him and his wife cos, he signed for his wife. Some debtors are just wicked and heartless!
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Chinwem(f): 10:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Chinwem(f): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2012
Was more like defrauding by false pretence really.........as I found out later everything about the debtor was a lie.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2012
Chinwe,

Abeg How did you go about the CID stuff to get your money back. There is a clearing agent in Nigeria that owes me over 500k since last yr September and he is so relaxed because he knows I wont come to Nigeria for 680k ( Cost of flight ticket and expenses sef go pass amount wey I wan collect)

My parent don say make I forget about the money before the guy begin use Jazz chase me. That means no family is willing to chase the money for me.
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by vezycash(m): 1:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Piyke:
My best guess is that the op is not talking about formal bank loans and stuff like that. Or do you mean you collect collateral from your friends and family

Business is business. Rich guys don't become rich by playing favoritism with family.
It might seem like rich people don't take collateral from family from an outsider's perspective
but they don't send.

Business is business, you said "borrow me" not "give me".
If I'm borrowing you then i have to be sure that you can and will pay me back that is what insurance, collateral is all about
Its an incentive to use the money wisely to make sure you don't lose what you dropped.

Without the collateral, its FREE LOTO money and you all know what loto money is used for right?
Drinking, marrying new wife, buying new car.. wait a minute!!!!

Did I tell you I do not know where and how to waste my own money?! So why should I give you to help me do that?
Get it?! grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by kobikwelu(m): 5:43am On Jul 15, 2012
just like one of my friend came to my office and asked me to give him all my performance bonus to use for his business plans..

and im like "see this man ooo...i no get wetin to use my money do na to only you fit do business"

and the prick knew i was saving up to travel for my masters.....

imagine what he said...

that when i am ready to travel, he would pay me back....

rotflamooooooo...the guy think say MUMU dey my fore head.....
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by redsquare(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2012
Some people are just greedy. Exactly 2 years ago, a family member (that i took as my mentor) was squatting me since i jst got a new job about 3months earlier, and had nowhere to live @ the moment asked me to borrow him N200,000 that he would re-pay in a months time. I was barely 3months into my new job, so i gave him N150,000 which was all i had then. I have since left his house to stay on my own but the man is yet to pay a dime outta the 150k. The most annoying part is that his business is worth over N10m, he is currently building a house, and he claims to be a born again christian.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Brightgem(f): 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
Fit2Rule:
How much are they owing you. I'm a professional debt collector- the LUPO standard! Contact me. Agentendy@gmail.com
Old post. But do u still do?
Re: Why Is It Difficult For Debtors To Pay Back by Kennyking1234: 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
edmasta01:
I gave myself a new policy since 2011, I shall not 'lend' nor 'borrow' anybody anymoney. Even if the person is my mother.

People are wicked! They'd borrow money from you and refuse to pay back and expect you not to ask for it.

Some will even go to church and pray that you'll forget or overwrite their debt.

I have a friend/brother who still owes me N1.15 Million since 2010. Funny enough, he never talked about it.

I am the one chasing him and he is yet to pay me a dime out of it.

I am not angry that I loan him that much, I am angry with myself for trusting people same way I trust myself.

I got my first loan from a mentor of mine about 10yrs back. It was N120,000 and I was 19yrs or so then. I made sure I paid everything back that same year.

I have never owed any body any cash without paying it back. So it bothers me when I am being owed and not paid up.

There is another guy (business friend) I loaned 250k and up till this moment never paid off.

And that is the reason for that policy.

Funny enough, my wife's friend asked her for a loan and my wife ran it past me if she could lon...I simply said 'NO'. She argued with me for ages, and I simply told her there are 1001 things we could do with the cash.

I don't give people loan. And yes, I am not planning to ask for it too.

Its a policy and its helped.
did the person pay back? I MEAN THE 1 MILLION PERSON

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UBA PLC: My Complaints / President Jonathan to honor 100 Nigerian companies / Five Million To Invest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.