Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? (16260 Views)

How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Hamzat In Pole Position To Succeed Fashola / Toyin Hamzat Likely Killed Over Tussle For Woman - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 09, 2012
Did Al Mustapha Hamza kill Abacha?

Please discuss
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 10, 2012
I suspect he had a hand in Abacha's murder for the following reason:

I think he may have made some sort of a deal with Babangida, which involved him killing Abacha.

He was the first Senior officer on the scene following Abacha's death, he may have been the last person to meet Abacha before Abacha's death.

Why did he invite Babangida to Aso Rock even before he had invited Abacha's closest associate in Government - General Jeremiah Useni?
This is even more surprising as he must have known that Abacha and Babangida were not on good terms at that time.

Why did he allow Babangida to chair the meeting to decide Abacha's successor, and engineer for his (Babangida's) very close friend (may even be his cousin)Adulsalami Abubakar to head transitional government.

Why was one of his first actions, to move Obasanjo and other coup plotters to more secure locations as if he was planning for their safe release even before Abdulsalami Abubakar was chosen.

Why were most of the security guards on the entrance to Aso Rock on the morning of Abacha's death all new guards does this not suggest that a covert coup had occurred?

My theory is that Babangida may have somehow convinced Al Mustapha to betray and kill Abacha with a promise that he may support him to achieve some ambition of his (whatever that may be). Al Mustapha killed Abacha and handed control of the regime to Babangida and the rest is history.

what does anybody else think?

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
Can anybody offer answers to why Al Mustapha handed power to Babangida who was estranged from Abacha, if it he had not done some sort of deal with him?

Also according to the book "Inside Aso Rock on the day Abacha died", how security in the villa was quickly reorganised and pre-planning of cutting off all phone communication from the Villa.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Does anybody disagree with my theory?
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by mrman2(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Obviously no one wants to talk about abacha. Give it a rest will you?

1 Like

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
So do you speak for the whole nation?
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 11, 2012
I am amazed that nobody else has arrived at the same conclusion.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by donbuchi1(m): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2012
mr_man: Obviously no one wants to talk about abacha. Give it a rest will you?

seconded!!!
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 11:10am On Jul 11, 2012
Though it is evident that Al Mustapha knows a large part of the truth concerning the death of Abacha i doubt he has a hand in killing him, he is too intelligent to be used for that. Clearly there is no motives for doing that. Being Abacha's chief security officer he must have implicated himself with a number of "assignments" and knowing fully well that he is not the only one aware of how the state works he understands the consequences of Abacha's absence and so would not wish for that.
It is widely accepted as a security precautionary measure to quickly reshuffle forces or security staff when their is a power vacuum in order to disorganise any reactionary elements and it also scatters any pre-arranged dissent group and prevents them from acting as a unit and making command and instructions difficult for the enemy officer in charge. So this is a widely practiced security measure.
If the information that Mustapha first invited IBB before others is true then he may have gotten wind of the setup and tried to ally himself with the next most likely powerful figure left(knowing fully well that the west is behind the plot and backing IBB at the same time) as a form of self preservatory moves. Though i highly doubt the information above i see no reason why as part of the military top ranks that IBB(if he has not retired) would not be invited as that as well is a clearly a military procedure.
We all should try to understand that Abdusalami as a choice has very little to do with the convened military men and much to do with external influence. Anybody that was choosen would likely do the same thing he did which is dumping nigeria into western styled democratic lagoon.
If Al Mustapha actually did it or complied with the plan what has he gained so far from doing it ? as we all know that all the figures that wants Abacha dead had gained a lot since then.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
I beg to disagree.

Al Mustapha, betrayed Abacha for the simple fact that he handed power to IBB, when he could have protected Abacha's legacy.

You also never addressed the point that he did not inform Abacha's closest friend in the regime - Jeremiah Useni. This is the strongest evidence that he must have made a deal with Babangida.

What did he get out of the deal? He got double-crossed and is going to get hanged. IBB is a snake.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
GenBuhari: I beg to disagree.

Al Mustapha, betrayed Abacha for the simple fact that he handed power to IBB, when he could have protected Abacha's legacy.

You also never addressed the point that he did not inform Abacha's closest friend in the regime - Jeremiah Useni. This is the strongest evidence that he must have made a deal with Babangida.

What did he get out of the deal? He got double-crossed and is going to get hanged. IBB is a snake.

You have to understand that in the military,police or any specialized organisation friendly relations(friends,relatives,inlaws and even brothers) has little or no relevance in making professional decisions, though such notions could be hard for a layman to understand till he finds himself in same situation Mustapha acted professionally in the context he found himself. Honestly decisions made out of sentiments and ties would be interpreted differently by a military man to a civilian as there are established procedures of conduct, you should also understand that IBB is neither the most senior officer nor the only officer and Mustapha is only a major though the chief security officer of the late president he has no more power than that afforded by his post and more less power since the leader is late. Doing anything else apart from what he has done would not only provoke IBB but other senior officers as well and you as the man on the street does not know where their loyalties lie. I guess a better understanding of how the military works and its emphasis on discipline and also its difference with the civilian outlook on power and state would help to make this picture much clearer.
Just ask yourself this question, Useni was the most senior officer and rightly the next in line he was at the convention where Abdul was choosen, does he not have a voice of his own or is he dumb ? Or did it mean that the other officers choose not to respect his rank ? That shows that there is much to the story than meets the eye.
Now my direct questions to you are
1: How exactly did Mustapha hand power to IBB,what moves of his convinced you ?
2: How could he have protected Abacha's legacy ?
3: In that context what can we define as the "Legacy" to be protected ?

I am not convinced in any way that Al Mustapha is totally innocent of Abacha's death rather am stressing on the lack of Motives to arrive on such a conclusion.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
Abacha dismantle all the structures IBB had setup to retain influence it the military and sacked most of IBB loyalists in the military, so for Al Mustapha to invite IBB to chair the meeting. This is betrayal in my eyes.

To say that it is natural to invite retired senior officers to take a lead in this type of situation, then they should have also invited Gowon and others.

It is not even clear at a what point Useni was called and what strategising had occurred before he arrived.

So do you think Al Mustapha would have invited IBB and Abdulsalami if he had known that they would conspire to imprison him?
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 7:34am On Jul 12, 2012
I clearly stated that all senior non retired military officers would be called to convene in such situations and that is not an invitation it is just procedural and expected of any military setup. From all printed sources there is no indication or statement that shows that IBB was among the Supreme Ruling Council so therefore i highly doubt that he was in the meeting that was had the morning Abacha died. ABDUL was a member of the council so he MUST be invited and his relations(existent or speculated) with IBB can not be a determinant factor ,that is just strict military code. Unless IBB was declared before Abacha's death as an enemy of the state and investigations linked Adul with the death prior to the convention then there would be room to arrest him which would be the only reason he would not be present at the convention in compliance(again) to military procedures.
Military idiosyncrasies aside we should ask ourselves why would Abacha keep Abdul among the Supreme Council if he suspects him to be linked to IBB ?
From your own statements Abacha sacked or retired most IBB goons , what sort of ignorance or arrogance would make him leave a COUSIN(unconfirmed) whose loyalty is questionable within the Council ?

To answer your question, since i think Mustapha did not make any special invitation or dealings with the duo you mentioned we can ignore what he would have thought if he did.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2012
Abacha was a very good managing the officers around him and I guess he Abdulsalami had not yet given him a reason to sack him and he also may be using the addage of keeping your enemies close so that you learn what they may be planning? peharps? In short I do not know why, but it is no secret that IBB and Adulsalami were very close and are neighbours in Minna.
thoth: why would Abacha keep Abdul among the Supreme Council if he suspects him to be linked to IBB ?
From your own statements Abacha sacked or retired most IBB goons , what sort of ignorance or arrogance would make him leave a COUSIN(unconfirmed) whose loyalty is questionable within the Council ?

Unless I am mistaken, hadn't Babangida retired at the time he left office in Auguast 1993?
So if IBB was retired why was he invited by Al Mustapha and given the power to convene the meeting? Assuming IBB was retired, then if he invited him, he should also have invited the likes of Gowon and others. Unless he had a special deal with IBB.

I have a feeling he may have been paid cash and promised other things for him to effectively hand over control to IBB/Abdulsalami.

Even Al Mustapha own statements whilst in court implies that he was not obligated to invite Babangida, but he claims he invited him on advise of Buba Marwa, this reasons for inviting IBB do not ring true to me.
thoth: I clearly stated that all senior non retired military officers would be called to convene in such situations and that is not an invitation it is just procedural and expected of any military setup.
thoth:

You have to understand that in the military,police or any specialized organisation friendly relations(friends,relatives,inlaws and even brothers) has little or no relevance in making professional decisions, though such notions could be hard for a layman to understand till he finds himself in same situation Mustapha acted professionally in the context he found himself. Honestly decisions made out of sentiments and ties would be interpreted differently by a military man to a civilian as there are established procedures of conduct, you should also understand that IBB is neither the most senior officer nor the only officer and Mustapha is only a major though the chief security officer of the late president he has no more power than that afforded by his post and more less power since the leader is late. Doing anything else apart from what he has done would not only provoke IBB but other senior officers as well and you as the man on the street does not know where their loyalties lie. I guess a better understanding of how the military works and its emphasis on discipline and also its difference with the civilian outlook on power and state would help to make this picture much clearer.
Just ask yourself this question, Useni was the most senior officer and rightly the next in line he was at the convention where Abdul was choosen, does he not have a voice of his own or is he dumb ? Or did it mean that the other officers choose not to respect his rank ? That shows that there is much to the story than meets the eye.
Now my direct questions to you are

I am not convinced in any way that Al Mustapha is totally innocent of Abacha's death rather am stressing on the lack of Motives to arrive on such a conclusion.

Which is why it is odd that Almustapha chose to invite others before the likes of Useni who is loyal to Abacha. They may have have strategised how they would fix rules of the meeting to ensure that Abdulsalami is chosen.
The fact that AlMustapha failed to inform Useni before anybody else tells me he betrayed Abacha and couple with the fact that he was the only senior officer on the scene as Abacha was taking his last breath conivnces me that he had a hand in Abacha's death.
thoth:

Al Mustapha invited IBB and allowed him to take control of convening the meeting.
He could have protected Abacha's legacy by ensuring that who ever took over was loyal to Abacha and willing to continue his policies
By Legacy I simply mean continuity of policies and vision.
thoth:

1 Like

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2012
I stated in my post that in all the printed sources i had sifted through non confirms that IBB was invited to the meeting of the Supreme Military Council on that faithful morning.
You should also have in mind that there are two meetings going on at the same time that morning and the one of the SMC ultimately determines the succesor of the regime.
I do have a list of people at the SMC meeting and IBB was not among nor do i see any reason why he should.
If you do have any other credible source that states or proves via IBB was at the convention we would be happy to have a look at it.
You should keep these facts in mind:
The SMC convention was held in the morning Abacha died.
There were two meetings going on at the same time.
The SMC decided who is to succeed Abacha that morning.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
Let us keep it simple and look at indisputable facts:

Al Mustapha admitted he was the person with Abacha as he took his last breaths

Abacha died under Al Mustapha's watch

Al Mustapha revealed in one of his recent statements that Abacha and Abiola was meant to have been killed on the same day. Does this statement not implicate him as being part of at least the conspiracy to murder Abacha?

Al Mustapha stated that he had invited all other officers before Useni (who was closest to Abacha in the regime) and Useni also confirmed this.

Al Mustapha seemed to offer to alternative ways Abacha may have been killed (Is this to divert attention from himself):
He implied that Abacha became unwell almost immediately after one of Yasser Arafat's Security Officers shook his hand.
He also tried to suggest Useni may have killed Abacha , which was his justification for not calling Useni before others (very unconvincining excuse in my opinion).

It is generally agreed that after Abacha died somehow IBB was running things from behind the scenes although Abdulsalami Abubakar was the figure head transitional leader.

Abdulsalami almost immediately started unjustly and maliciously accusing Abacha of corruption and looting - strange for somebody who was at the top of Abacha's government for several years. Smelt like IBB handywork to me.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2012
GenBuhari: Let us keep it simple and look at indisputable facts:

Al Mustapha admitted he was the person with Abacha as he took his last breaths

Abacha died under Al Mustapha's watch
Only a mad and homeless man dies alone. Abacha has a family and a CIO. Mustapha being with him at his death bed does not necessary mean he killed abacha,if he weren't there someone will and it still does not make that person the killer. It would have been quite suspicious in my opinion if he learnt of the condition of his subject and distanced himself. Put simply his presence can simply and rightly explained as he performing his duty.

GenBuhari: Al Mustapha revealed in one of his recent statements that Abacha and Abiola was meant to have been killed on the same day. Does this statement not implicate him as being part of at least the conspiracy to murder Abacha?
Using common logic if he had made such a statement the next question any sane person would ask him is "By WHO ?" and supposedly he made such statements he should have given the answers (or sources)and then this debate would not have existed. Adding to that i can not recall in any of his interviews when he made that proclaimation.

GenBuhari: Al Mustapha stated that he had invited all other officers before Useni (who was closest to Abacha in the regime) and Useni also confirmed this.
The order of invitations does not mean anything in this situation since the full members of the SMC was seated together before the meeting commenced and therefore military procedures still applies.

GenBuhari: Al Mustapha seemed to offer to alternative ways Abacha may have been killed (Is this to divert attention from himself):
He implied that Abacha became unwell almost immediately after one of Yasser Arafat's Security Officers shook his hand.
He also tried to suggest Useni may have killed Abacha , which was his justification for not calling Useni before others (very unconvincining excuse in my opinion).

If the first scene of Abacha becoming unwell after shaking the hands of the palestinian SO was offered then i believe it is impossible to build a second scene involving Useni on top of that. Would he say the palestinian was sent by Useni ? Or Would he say that Useni disguised himself as a palestinian ? Both of these claims(allegations)would have been ridiculous and promptly dismissed as fallacious.

GenBuhari: It is generally agreed that after Abacha died somehow IBB was running things from behind the scenes although Abdulsalami Abubakar was the figure head transitional leader.

Abdulsalami almost immediately started unjustly and maliciously accusing Abacha of corruption and looting - strange for somebody who was at the top of Abacha's government for several years. Smelt like IBB handywork to me.
On this i quite agree with you albeit considering IBB a proxy for western interests(he had always been) and we all know why the west wants democracy for nigeria since it is the only form of goverment that can be manipulated easily with money and in which the masses can be virtually alienated from their own government. Abdul's actions were questionable and his quick transfer of power reeks of Conspiracy. In as much as i believe that IBB influenced the outcome of later events(after SMC declarations) i still fail to find a credible link to Al Mustapha in this whole web of conspiracies.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2012
When I get chance, I would seek out the links where Al Mustapha made the statement about plan to kill Abiola and Abacha at same time.

I am convinced Al Mustapha was involved in Abacha's murder.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by ODB1: 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2012
tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
By Innocent Anaba
LAGOS — [size=18pt]Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer, to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, who has been on trial for more than 12 years over alleged murder, yesterday, broke down in tears at a Lagos High Court, lamenting that he was kept behind bars because the authorities did not want him to reveal how late Gen. Sani Abacha and late Chief M.K.O. Abiola were murdered.[/size]

Al-Mustapha who is standing trial for the death of the late Alhaja Kudirat Abiola opened his defence, yesterday.
Led in evidence by his counsel, [b][size=18pt]Al-Mustapha, told the trial judge, Justice Mojisola Dada, that he had both audio and video evidence of how the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha and the late Moshood M.K.O Abiola were allegedly murdered.[/size]

[size=18pt]
Al-Mustapha told the court that former Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, was afraid he (Al-Mustapha) would make pubic, information at his disposal, hence he wanted him to spend the rest of his life in prison.[/size][/b]
He said: “My incarceration was as a result of a script written and acted out by former Head of State, General Abubakar to further keep me in prison.

“First were the events that happened after the murder of General Abacha and late Chief MKO Abiola and for fear that I may divulge information that led to their death, they had to keep me in prison.”

Late MKO Abiola and Late Gen Sani Abacha
He further told the court: “There is documentary evidence to show that shortly after the death of late Abiola, the then Head of State (allegedly) ordered that various sums of money be withdrawn from the Central Bank of Nigeria.”
He told the court that $200 million, £75 million and N500 million were allegedly withdrawn from the CBN to appease South West leaders and douse tension that arose after the death of Abiola.

He told the court that all visitations to the late Abiola were on tape, disclosing that some people after visiting Abiola would come back at night to the Presidential Villa to speak against him.
How I made Abdulsalami Head of State

“I am an officer who is being persecuted. After the death of Abacha so much happened within three days and the country was without a President or Vice President. The then Vice President, Lt Gen Diya, was imprisoned for staging a coup.[size=18pt] Many senior officers wanted to become Head of State, but God gave me the wisdom and I assisted General Abdulsalami Abubakar to become President. But, this is the price I am paying for my loyalty and for assisting him.”
[/b]
[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/i-ve-video-evidence-on-murder-of-abacha-abiola-al-mustapha/
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
I still can't see where he clearly mentioned that he killed Abacha, he only claimed to have evidence that might implicate SOMEONE on the death of Abacha.
There are certain elements in the article's composition which tempts me to believe that it might be fabricated(by vanguard) to serve a certain interest therefore should be dismissed as a mere political fabrication and lacks credibility enough to be cited in this debate but lets keep the debate in line for the moment.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
The truth of anything in Nigeria history is very difficult to arrive at as the press are corrupt and unreliable and the governments since Abacha, views deceiving the Nigerian masses as normal practice.

This is why we have to become our own detectives and try to arrive at the most logical conclusions.

The most likely scenario to me is that Al Mustapha was part of the plot to kill Abacha whilst working for Babangida / Abdulsalami Abubakar
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2012
Nigeria can boast of having the most dubious press ever there was, as i was about to raise concerns to few bits and pieces of the article then this section
After the death of Abacha so much happened within three days and the country was without a President or Vice President.
and i was left wondering what Three Days he was talking about. The successor was chosen in the SMC convention the morning the president died not three days later.
I doubt the Vanguard newspaper actually Interviewed the gentleman at all.
However, as much as i would like to subscribe to your conclusions i still find the lack of evidence and my inability to build a motive for Mustapha to kill his boss more convincing to have a different conclusion.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
I certainly agree regarding the dubious Nigerian press.

However, you can not say that Al Mustapha should be free from suspicion just because his motives are not apparent?

People's motives are not always in the open for all to see.

Nobody knows whether or not he was offered stupendous wealth to kill Abacha. Greed and greed alone may have been his motive.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by qmd24(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2012
seriously guys.....conspiracy theory
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
In a society like Nigeria where the government of the day is in the business of deceiving the people and the Press and journalists are on the payroll of the corrupt government and corrupt politicans, the people do not have many other option but to try and arrive at the truth by analysing past events and evidence themselves.

In Nigeria, what most other countries may consider far-fetched conspiracy theories are more often than not very probable and not very far from the truth.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:39am On Jul 16, 2012
IBB KILLED ABACHA

MY THEORY

Remember there are two story lines to events in Nigeria. The official one that they dish out to you journalists which they use to hide the real truth, and the unofficial one which is the real thing but which would not be published in the newspapers. That is the real story which is usually unofficial. It still happens today. Remember how they desperately denied your story that Yar’ Adua was sick? You see that the man still looks very sickly. You cannot rely on government spokesmen or their ubiquitous press releases.

They want Nigerians and the international community to think that Abacha died in the hands of two Indian LovePeddlers. It is a lie. I was kidnapped and kept by the Directorate of Military Intelligence, DMI, at that time. You know being detained by DMI allows one has a peep into the real happenings in Nigeria. That is the secret of government. The DMI is where most intelligence stories come out.

This is the way Abacha died. Abacha was eliminated by the Hausa/Fulani oligarchy.

There were three reasons why they took him out. When he came into power and removed the ING and refused to revalidate June 12 election, the Northerners were happy. While he was clamping the NADECO people and was hounding most of us in the radical media and threatened to destroy and kill people in Lagos, the oligarchy and followers were happy and cheering him.

But when Abacha decided to attack Yar’ Adua by administering toxic injection on him and the man was killed inside Abakaliki prison, killing the head of the Kaduna Mafia like that, the Northerners now knew too late that Abacha was not fighting for the oligarchy. It was the death of Musa Yar’ Adua that opened their eyes; that this so called Abacha had a personal agenda.

But in the case of this man, Abacha was not a Nigerian. The Nigerian army was anything goes. When Yar’ Adua was killed by Abacha’s agent, if there was any godfather of the Hausa/Fulani, it was Shehu Musa Yar’ Adua. He was the head of the Kaduna Mafia. He was instrumental in advancing and placing many Northerners in the civil service. The current president Umaru and the former Chief of Supreme Headquarters, Shehu, were both born by the same man, Musa Yar’ Adua who was the first Minister of Lagos during Balewa regime under the Northern People’s Congress Government.

Shehu Musa Yar’ Adua was the only Nigerian Military officer promoted from a colonel to major general. He was never a brigadier.

The man was powerful and killing him because of political differences was an eye opener. And they said Abacha himself must go.

Abacha was planning to achieve three things by October 1, 1998.

1. He was planning to remove the Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, because Ado Bayero did not come to Aso Rock to commiserate with him over the death of Ibrahim Abacha, his controversial first son who died in the plane crash. That was another story on its own.

Abacha wrote it down.

2. he was to move and arrest Babangida on October 1, 1998, as he would have been sworn in as civilian president. Babangida was to join Obasanjo and Abiola in prison.

3. he was planning to remove Abubakar Abdul Salam as Minister of Defense. These were the three things on his list of things to do. He wrote it down and it was on his table.

The people leaked out the information. His Chief Security Officer, CSO, Major Hamzat Al – Mustapha saw the information and went to Kano to leak the information to Ado Bayero. Brigadier Sabo who was in DMI came to Abuja to brief Abacha and he saw the information. Abacha had excused himself in the middle of a discussion with Sabo. He looked at what Abacha wrote down that Babangida would be arrested on October 1, 1998. Sabo was afraid. It was Babangida who helped him into his position. Immediately, he left Aso Rock Presidential Villa, in Abjua, Sabo went to Babangida in Minna and told him what Abacha was planning to do. So the mafia went to work. The mafia and Babangida pulled resources together. They made up their mind that Abacha must be removed as early as January 1998. They were planning how to remove him. Babangida knew him very well that he loved women.

So that man did not die in the hands of two Indian women. That was a lie. It was a Nigerian who was used. His estranged girlfriend. Babangida and Abacha did not talk; they were not on speaking terms in the last two years of the regime. I knew that as far back as 1996, Babangida and Abacha were not on speaking terms. So when Sabo took the story to Minna, that this was what Abacha was planning, to arrest Babangida before October 1 st, Babangida and the oligarchy teamed up, a coalition of forces. They knew that if they had acted earlier, that Diya would likely become the Head of State, so they waited and removed Diya, who was pro Abiola first before striking against Abacha. Do you understand the story of Nigeria now? They knew Diya was pro June 12 and they had to frame him up and discredit him thoroughly so that he could not succeed Abacha…

Are you saying that Al – Mustapha’s tale about Diya’s cowardice was more baloney?

[b]Al – Mustapha spoke within the limits of what was immediately open and obvious to him. He himself did not know the complexity of the situation of what we are talking about. [/b]Mustapha who came from Kano only knew that Abacha wanted to remove his Emir and told the Emir, so that, perhaps that one could initiate reconciliation. Babangida knew Abacha very well.

There were no two Indian LovePeddlers. They found the old girlfriend of Abacha and they gave her spiked Viagra.

Following the script crafted by Babangida, the lady went to Jeremiah Timbuktu Useni and told him that she wanted to settle the lingering squabble with her boyfriend, Abacha. Useni brought the girl and genuinely thought she actually came to make up with Abacha.

He took her to Abacha’s guest house, and from what I gathered, the lady was probably a friend to Useni’s daughter. Useni has a daughter; his first daughter, Hadiza who graduated from the University of Jos and she was a friend to Abacha’s girlfriend that the Babangida group used. Useni may not be aware that the lady and his first daughter Hadiza were friends. These guys are dirty, I tell you. They sleep with their friends’ wives and their daughters. And you can understand Abacha’s intimate escapades if you have read Dr. Taiwo Ogunade’s interview. Usually by one or two pm, Abacha would have left the office. The man would just go to his guest house and then the easy virtue ladies would be taking a queue. The man had high libido. So when Jerry Useni brought this lady, she apologized, and she made up with Abacha. So Abacha said it has been a long time they did it and that he wanted to do it from the anus. Abacha liked sodomizing his women. Then the lady said if he wanted to do it that way and for her to enjoy it, Abacha needed to use Viagra. Are you following me now? It was the lady who gave Abacha Viagra. These are stories that no Nigerian newspapers would publish but had relied on Abdusalam Abubakar version.

May be they don’t know about it?

I don’t know what is wrong with them. It is an international story, but they won’t publish this kind of story. Besides, if anyone gave it to them, they would be afraid and lamentably, they don’t have the resources to investigate. They would give you the official story that is the story everybody would run away with “oh two Indian LovePeddlers”. Where are the Indian ladies? It’s all rubbish. So once you are given spiked Viagra, you can’t survive it. Immediately Abacha started jerking, the lady just vamoosed. The security details came and wondered what was happening. Abacha died before 12 midnight. They brought him to Aso Rock around 11 pm. They didn’t know what to do.

Meanwhile, Useni had gone home after delivering the lethal lady to Abacha. He had gone his way after delivering the cargo. The man did not know what happened. He too was a useless man. He’s alive. Let him corroborate what I am saying.

Jeremiah Useni is still alive. Let him tell Nigerians what happened that night. No Indian LovePeddlers. Nothing happened. Abacha died in the evening. We heard about his death very early in DMI. The three guys who would have been president were Omenka, (please emphasize this place) Abubakar Abdulsalami would not have been Head of State. Al – Mustapha, Omenka and Sabo were the three guys. They would have seized power. Abacha actually died inside his private car in the guest house. He was foaming. He was very loose during that period. He was always moving about in unmarked 504 without any security detail. You would think he was an ordinary person in the tainted glass car. He was very loose. The Peoples Liberation Army of Nigeria was able to tail his movement in Abuja. They knew where the man was going; they knew everything that was happening. Of course, Prof. Banjo can corroborate what I am saying. The man was very loose and not very security conscious, even at night.

When his remains were brought to Aso Rock, Al – Mustapha completely took charge. He allowed Sabo and Omenka to come in around one or two a.m.

Babangida called from Minna, because he knew what he had done, the call was so coincidental because Mrs. Maryam Abacha took the call, not knowing what had transpired, broke the news to Babangida. And Babangida landed at Aso Rock that night. And Babangida took over Aso Rock. He was the one who allowed Abubakar Abdulsalami inside the Dome. Abubakar Abdulsalam was completely oblivious of what had happened to Abacha. Babangida entered Ask Rock before Abubakar. Omenka is in Brazil with his wife, you guys should call him and let’s see if he will talk. Al-Mustapha is in detention and I hope the young man will regain his freedom so he can talk.

In the hierarchy of military seniority, Useni should have become Head of State immediately Abacha died but be was not allowed in until around 7 a.m. He wanted to come in but Babangida said he should be disallowed. Maryam Abacha was annoyed with Useni, because she saw him as the enabler, who was teaching her husband all the bad things. Useni was really loose when it came to women. Useni did not know what was happening. He came to Aso Rock with the mind to enter, Babangida was inside. So it was Babangida who now proclaimed Abubakar the new ruler.

Babangida had told Abdulsalami few months earlier not to retire because he still had one more thing to do for him (Babangida), in other words, I’m going to “remove Abacha, remove Diya and I would bring you in”. That was how Abubakar Abdulsalami became head of state.

The same thing about Abiola, Babangida knew that if Abiola survived, Abiola would possibly put him on trial. Abiola would have tried Babangida. Babangida could have been killed or put in prison. Immediately after Abacha’s death, they made up their mind that they had to kill Abiola. That is why Babangida is infecting a lot of people. So after his death only few people would be able to talk. If I were to be in Nigeria, I would not be able to say all this but I would probably have published it anyway. The man has done a lot of damage to that country. I am telling you, a lot of people have died in the hands of IBB. He is trying to cover it all up. Do you know how Gen. Tunde Idiagbon died? Obasanjo called Idiagbon in Ilorin and hinted that he was considering him as new Chief of Army Staff in 1999 immediately he was sworn in. Babangida advised against it and his Man Friday, Aliyu Muhammad Gusau objected against it. Obasanjo was hell bent and invited Idiagbon to Aso Rock. The poor man was served the same tea Abiola was served and Idiagbon returned to his home at Adeleye Crescent in Ilorin. About 21 days later, the man died; no sickness, no headache, no illness. Babangida was afraid of Idiagbon becoming COAS under Obasanjo. Throughout the time Idiagbon was in detention after they were toppled in 1985, in all the letters he wrote to his wife in Ilorin from detention, his pleading was that his wife should not fly aircraft or travel out because some people were planning to put hard drugs in her luggage in order to blackmail her. When I was serving in the NYSC, I lived in the next street to Idiagbon’s house and I used to visit the family regularly after leaving Gen. David Jemibewon’s house on Umar Audi Road, G.R.A. along Take Road, Ilorin.

It was because Bola Ige wanted to expose Babangida’s drug activities that they killed him. The man was coming here to take up appointment at the United Nations and he had some files with him incriminating Babangida and some of his cocaine boys but you see, they had to use Deoba Omisore as a cover. Obasanjo himself was cautious during the 8-years he was in Aso Rock, I am sure he looked the other way and that was why he castigated Bola Ige that the man didn’t know his right from his left. In other words, Bola Ige was naïve, you know, Obasanjo is a survivalist, a very wily and dubious man. He knows how to dine with the devil and come out unscathed.

They also killed Haruna Elewi, the former Minister for State for Communications. They used him to bring the boys who killed Bola Ige, because he knew Bola Ige’s house. They killed Bola Ige and removed the file. And after accomplishing their objective, they also got rid of Elewi. They killed Haruna Elewi himself.

Why didn’t Nigerian journalists hear of Justice Ubahomu Commission of Enquiry? Did you hear of it? That was the commission Buhari set up to try drug pushers. Immediately Babangida staged his coup, we heard no more of the commission. There are stories in Nigeria; there are lots of cover ups. Babangida scrapped the commission. And I don’t know if the man is still alive. A lot of people died to cover him up. He was there for eight years, and he is still covering up. Maybe when he is dead all these things that I am telling you, would be blown open. When I was publishing Razor in Nigeria, all those stories of Justice Chukwudifu Oputa panel, I had already published them and were not new. They described them as junk when we were publishing them. But all the stories have been confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by ebere1712: 1:39am On Jul 16, 2012
Who cares who killed abacha. Gud riddance to bad rubbish

1 Like

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 16, 2012
@ OYINBOGOJU
I agree IBB killed Abacha, but he had help from a traitor in Abacha's inner circle and that traitor I suspect, was Al Mustapha.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
GenBuhari: I certainly agree regarding the dubious Nigerian press.

However, you can not say that Al Mustapha should be free from suspicion just because his motives are not apparent?

People's motives are not always in the open for all to see.

Nobody knows whether or not he was offered stupendous wealth to kill Abacha. Greed and greed alone may have been his motive.
Truly motives are usually hidden moreso one which turns out to be stupid or give negative results, but if we are to be civil(which i believe we are) our suspicion alone would not lead to conviction for we might be wrong or biased in our judgments, we could even be influenced by factors which does not relate to the matter adding to the fact that such as this situation the majority might not share that suspicion with you.
Anyway i suspect you killed Abacha and Mustapha has evidence to that and you are now fighting for his conviction in order to seal all the loose ends hehehehe just pray people don't take my suspicion seriously.

1 Like

Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by thoth: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
GenBuhari: @ OYINBOGOJU
I agree IBB killed Abacha, but he had help from a traitor in Abacha's inner circle and that traitor I suspect, was Al Mustapha.
Don't even waste your energy on that article. I have read that article in many places and i always arrive at the conclusion that it is the most stupid,tribalism laced,hatred laced, uniformative and disinforming fabrication the public has ever been fed since after the IBB era. A poor attempt at disinformation and character assasination by a scorned idiot leading to his inability to withhold his grudge from screaming out of his writings.
Due to the length of the article i will be raising my points section by section.
Point 1: Abacha wrote what he SECRETLY INTENDS TO DO and somehow "left the room for a minute" and some schmuck saw it and blakalalalalala
why would he write it down when he can keep it in his mind ?
Why would he write such a sensitive information down (he is not ten years old)
If he wrote it down what then were they discussing at that meeting that raised his concerns to start writing stuff down stupidly.
Now ask yourselves how the three things he wrote down relate to each other.

I really really hate it when some slowpoke thinks everybody is stupid.
Pls GenBuhari go through that article again,divide it into sections and see if any of the section can stand a validity test on his own.
Re: Al Mustapha Hamzat killed Abacha? by ifihearam: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
I wonder why buhari was not killed by IBB during the coup
By now nigeria would have been a safer place. No boko haram

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki’s Arraignment Seen To Boost Investor Confidence / INEC Can Refuse List Of Candidates If Primaries Were Not Held - Court / Tinubu drops, Replaces Ondo, Cross River Nominees In newly-Appointed NDDC Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.