Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

I Have Lost Interest In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Lost Interest In The Bible (3439 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by pdone: 7:10am On Jul 10, 2012
I was born and raised in a strong religious family. I used to go to the church everyday and each time I spent about 1-2 hours praying or meditating. The bible became my most favourite book and each time I read it, I was so fascinated that I sometimes I spent about 3-4 hours reading it. The stories, the miracles, the words, the wisdoms,the songs, all got me hooked. The more I read, the more thirsty I become. It is just like water found in the desert by a lost traveller.

But gradually things starts to fall apart. Some of the words doesn't seem to appeal to me anymore. Sometimes it seems to me like a book that block your way or hidden you from exploring or reaching your limit or desire in life.

I have to make something clear. "I LIKE RICHES AND I LIKE IT WHEN HIT IN A GENIUE WAY". Some words in the bible even encourage the poor and tell them that their reward will be in heaven. To me it seems that it encourage people to be somehow lazy and not using their brain power. Inability to ask question for the fear of unknown.

Even our pastors, reverends, evans, etc don't help matters. They also seem to encourage laziness and sometimes flag being reach as a bad thing. They don't encourage the youth the importance of hardwork and wealth. In Nigeria if you are many people believe that if you have more than 30 million, you must belong to one occult or another. How can someone in this age of time, still thing like that.? These are the same people who believe in miracle!!!!!!!!

I believe the hard work brings wealth and wealth brings happiness and comfort. For these reasons, I channel my reading to motivational books, stories, videos,etc.I became so interested in the life of past rich people and those that have change the history in one way or the other. Maybe through their breakthrough, riches,Bravely Act,etc . I have not open my bible for some years now. I think everyone knows what is good and what is bad.

Please folks am I on the wrong track? Is anything wrong with the way I am reasoning? Is there any suggestion you have.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by jordans78(m): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2012
Your case's not an exceptional, some people've similar experiences, from their testimonies of overcoming such evil spells were so overwhelming.
Have u try reporting to ur parents/pastor/brothers in the faith about this troubles? Or have u make it a prayer point? Remember ur were taking God's word as sweet stories not having faith & allowing the light in the word work in ur life.....the only way's prayer, counselling, enlightenment from a devoted believer of Christian faith better Still take courage & see ur pastor....try attending church programmes, Wednesday services, crusades do not just depends on ur own understanding. Find time for God's word classes..
Hope this help....
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by buzugee(m): 7:26am On Jul 10, 2012
YOU HAVE LOST INTEREST IN THE BIBLE BECAUSE THE WAYS OF THE WICKED HAS SEDUCETH YOU. YOU HAVE SHIFTED YOUR PRIORITY TO OBSESSING OVER THE RICHES OF THE WORLD THAT CAN CANKER AND GET MOULDY AND VANISH AND RUST AND CORRODE. YOU HAVE REMOVED YOUR EYES FROM THE RICHES THAT CANNOT CORRODE. NOW GET YO AZZ BACK INTO THAT BIBLE BEFO I SLAP YOU angry

SPIRITUAL SLAP THAT IS grin

4 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by pdone: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2012
@Jordan
When I read bible enjoy what I read. I marvel at God's power. I do not read it as a story book or fairy tale books. I read it as a Holy Book. I still say my prayers. I still acknowledge God as ONE AND ONLY. As for going for counseling, I believe no one can change your behaviour except you.

@Buzugee

When I said I lost in interest in Bible, I do not mean that I lost interest in God. Besides, is there anything wrong with being rich. If you claim that riches of the world is evil, why do you still complain about the bad state of Nigeria. Don't you want to suffer until you make it to heaven.

Without money, the missionaries won't have come so far.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by pdone: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2012
musKeeto: https://www.nairaland.com/274559/think-im-losing-faith-god

Thank you Muskeeto for the link. It seems I have something in common with the poster. Like me browse through it
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by buzugee(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2012
pdone: @Jordan
When I read bible enjoy what I read. I marvel at God's power. I do not read it as a story book or fairy tale books. I read it as a Holy Book. I still say my prayers. I still acknowledge God as ONE AND ONLY. As for going for counseling, I believe no one can change your behaviour except you.

@Buzugee

When I said I lost in interest in Bible, I do not mean that I lost interest in God. Besides, is there anything wrong with being rich. If you claim that riches of the world is evil, why do you still complain about the bad state of Nigeria. Don't you want to suffer until you make it to heaven.

I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE BAD STATE OF NIGERIA. I THINK NIGERIA IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN THE WORLD. I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THE PLACE.

WHAT MISSIONARIES ? WHO SENT THEM TO MISSION ? THOSE ARE DEMONS NOT MISSIONARIES. THE DAYS OF MISSIONARIES WAS NECESSARY IN PAULS TIME BECAUSE NOBODY HAD THE WORD. THE WORD HAD TO BE SPREAD ORALLY. HOWEVER THE LORD HAS PUT THE WORD IN THE LAP OF EVERY MAN WITH THE BIBLE. ANYONE STILL ON A MISSIONARY DUTY TODAY IS NOT DOING THE WORK OF GOD. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BUY A BIBLE. THEN PRAY FOR UNDERSTANDING. OPARI
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by pdone: 8:16am On Jul 10, 2012
buzugee: I NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE BAD STATE OF NIGERIA. I THINK NIGERIA IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN THE WORLD. I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THE PLACE.

WHAT MISSIONARIES ? WHO SENT THEM TO MISSION ? THOSE ARE DEMONS NOT MISSIONARIES. THE DAYS OF MISSIONARIES WAS NECESSARY IN PAULS TIME BECAUSE NOBODY HAD THE WORD. THE WORD HAD TO BE SPREAD ORALLY. HOWEVER THE LORD HAS PUT THE WORD IN THE LAP OF EVERY MAN WITH THE BIBLE. ANYONE STILL ON A MISSIONARY DUTY TODAY IS NOT DOING THE WORK OF GOD. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS BUY A BIBLE. THEN PRAY FOR UNDERSTANDING. OPARI

To be sincere with you, you reply is like a puzzle. It keeps me wondering which boat you belong to. Are you saying you don't acknowledge people that still go to place or people you me early morning at your corner preaching the gospel?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by buzugee(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2012
pdone:

To be sincere with you, you reply is like a puzzle. It keeps me wondering which boat you belong to. Are you saying you don't acknowledge people that still go to place or people you me early morning at your corner preaching the gospel?
people undertaking missionary duties are not sent by God. they have ulterior motives. either your land has resources that they want, so they send the missionaries in to pacify the people with religion before they bring the big guns in. or they are pe-dophiles who like the bunghole of ethnic children. all those white men who go to third world countries on missionary duties are all pe-dophiles looking for brown pikin yansh.

the days of missionary is over. the lord has ensured that by making the bible available to the whole world.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by MacDaddy01: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2012
I also lost my faith in christianity, God and the bible. But this was 2 years ago for different reasons.

Religion brainwashes people. This is why Karl Marx said "religion is the opium of the people". If you learn how christianity and islam came to Nigeria, you will be turned off. They both came through slavery and colonization. Arabs first came from the North to take slaves and made many of them Eunuchs and forced Islam on them. The Europeans came and took slabes while the British colonized us, gave us English and christianity. Religion has brainwashed us to call 2 foriegn religions our own while saying that people who do not believe are devils. Many Nigerians are brainwashed to give tithes to pastors who use the money to buy private jets instead of using the money to help the poor. Some pastors build schools that majority of the church can not afford to send their children to. Fake miracles are staged for people to believe that pastors are supernatural.

Even reading the bible will turn you off. Many christians dont read the bible. The bible tells slaves to obey their masters (colossians 3;22), tells women to be silent in church (1 corinthians 4;34) etc. Even Jesus does somethings wrong by telling people to leave their families and money to follow him in the way of the lord. Does he want people to abandon responsibilities?

For me, youdo not need the bible or religion to be good to the rest of humanity. You dont need the bible to be hardworking.

Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2012
I do not completely agree with you @MacDaddy :-), especially that picture.

I think it should be one can be good without religion. grin
Just my thoughts.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by MacDaddy01: 8:44am On Jul 10, 2012
musKeeto: I do not completely agree with you @MacDaddy :-), especially that picture.

I think it should be one can be good without religion. grin
Just my thoughts.

It's logicboy (macdaddy is my other account)
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 10, 2012
yeah, i know.. just prefer your new username... grin
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by frank317: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2012
i feel you my brother, i was also brought up in a christain home. infact my father is a pastor, although more of a mariage councellor. but meeen i am not satisfied any more. both born agains and sinners go through the same phase in life. both suffer or loose out and triumph at one point in their life. both die mysteriously and in terrible circumstances, yet the born agains claim to be superior. the only difference i see betwen the two is that the born again blame devil for their failure and thank God for their success, while the so callled sinners dont blame anyone and then the born agains think they will go to heaven. but aside from this everything that hppens to both sinners and christians are the same, the born agains just suffer from a healthy illusion that they are specially favoured because they serve God, but in reality thats not true, every one is just a victime of chance, hardwork, badluck etc that rules this world.

i keep on wondering, do we all really serve God the righ way? do we really know what we are doing? why is every religion claiming superioity? the bible says Jesus is the only way, yet people are born in different religion and socialized to beleve in a way of life and they are punished for not rejecting their life long way of life and follow Jesus by the God who created them into that so call wrong belief system.

who is lucifer, did he create himself, wasnt it the creator that created him and put in him all these devilish endowment? i mean, if God had created lucifer sinless he wouldnt have known how to be this wicked. i believe if the devil is this wicked, then he is just a reflecion of his creator.

is God really interested in all these battle of good and evil, is he not just looking at us from whereever he is and laughin? i sometimes can help but wonder if God is not both very good and very mean?

the bad news is that no one has ever help answer these questions. all my christian brothers do is condenm people to hell and think that when people of other religion joins them they are saved but when theirs leave to join others they are doomed. they give testimonies in church at the expence of others suffering. they suvive plane crash and thank God, even knowing that real people died in the crash (the illusion feeling of being favoured more) yet when they eventually die or loose they make excuse for God. Does God want our excuse? if people die, is it because its their time or because they are sinful and was it God or devil that took their life unexpectedly. didnt those who escaped the plane crash escape because they really have reached their time to die? and not becasue God actually didnt what them to die? beacuse their time will eventually come and they will die.

gossssshhhhhh, i can go on and on, but.....

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 10, 2012
I was once like you guys. In Nigeria, its a bit difficult to find people whom you can share these questions without any harsh and sometimes unwarranted criticism.

Id advise you to review the the threads/links posted on the 'Best religion threads' topic in the religion section of this forum.

I do not guarantee those threads will give you the answers you seek.

If God is a God of truth, surely he will permit us to wander a bit in order to find TRUTH...

For me, I no longer believe in religion.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Delafruita(m): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2012
pdone: @Jordan

@Buzugee

you have not lost interest in the Bible.you are just confused because your perception conflicts with certain parts of the Bible.i advise you to study the Bible,study its history and that of xtianity,then find a cogent reason to lose interest in the Bible.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by lekkie073(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2012
Losing interest in d bible is akin to removing a blindfold from a person's eyes. U now see and perceive much more than ur fellow religioners. Though, i like ur comment which says u lost interest in d bible, not in God'. Welcome to the circle of enlightenment!
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2012
frank3.16:
i feel you my brother, i was also brought up in a christain home. infact my father is a pastor, although more of a mariage councellor. but meeen i am not satisfied any more. both born agains and sinners go through the same phase in life. both suffer or loose out and triumph at one point in their life. both die mysteriously and in terrible circumstances, yet the born agains claim to be superior. the only difference i see betwen the two is that the born again blame devil for their failure and thank God for their success, while the so callled sinners dont blame anyone and then the born agains think they will go to heaven. but aside from this everything that hppens to both sinners and christians are the same, the born agains just suffer from a healthy illusion that they are specially favoured because they serve God, but in reality thats not true, every one is just a victime of chance, hardwork, badluck etc that rules this world.

i keep on wondering, do we all really serve God the righ way? do we really know what we are doing? why is every religion claiming superioity? the bible says Jesus is the only way, yet people are born in different religion and socialized to beleve in a way of life and they are punished for not rejecting their life long way of life and follow Jesus by the God who created them into that so call wrong belief system.

who is lucifer, did he create himself, wasnt it the creator that created him and put in him all these devilish endowment? i mean, if God had created lucifer sinless he wouldnt have known how to be this wicked. i believe if the devil is this wicked, then he is just a reflecion of his creator.

is God really interested in all these battle of good and evil, is he not just looking at us from whereever he is and laughin? i sometimes can help but wonder if God is not both very good and very mean?

the bad news is that no one has ever help answer these questions. all my christian brothers do is condenm people to hell and think that when people of other religion joins them they are saved but when theirs leave to join others they are doomed. they give testimonies in church at the expence of others suffering. they suvive plane crash and thank God, even knowing that real people died in the crash (the illusion feeling of being favoured more) yet when they eventually die or loose they make excuse for God. Does God want our excuse? if people die, is it because its their time or because they are sinful and was it God or devil that took their life unexpectedly. didnt those who escaped the plane crash escape because they really have reached their time to die? and not becasue God actually didnt what them to die? beacuse their time will eventually come and they will die.

gossssshhhhhh, i can go on and on, but.....

Why stop now? There's more...
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by cyrexx: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
@ op,

many threads on nairaland have addrssed what you are talking about here,
but let me just direct you to 3 of my recent threads on this issue

https://www.nairaland.com/985567/mind-control-mechanisms-religions#11375355
https://www.nairaland.com/972251/understanding-religious-delusion
https://www.nairaland.com/982965/reasons-why-all-atheists
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by nedostic: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
@OP,

My take on this is simply simple.

The pursuit of riches is good but not all riches are godly. I believe what a man needs most is to discover who he is spiritually while he is on earth. Man's sojourn on earth is ephemeral!

Of a truth,serving God is not by force but what shall it profit a man to serve mammon and lose his precious soul to hell!

More so, what works for Bill Gates would most likely not work for another individual. Different strategies are required for different battles of life.

I hate to say this, motivational books are no success recipe,its just there to psyche one up- emotional gain built on idealism but no realism. Prayers and meditations with action serve more than all these motivational books.

I would rather source for an information online or elsewhere rather than reading motivational books. What one need is a pull-factor and not a push-factor(motivational books).

You as a person is the key success or failure determinant, you must kill these two potential killers-indolence and misplaced priorities.These two are endogenous factors that come to play in the pursuit of success while the major exogenous determinant is lack of opportunity(ies).

I do advise you to realign your thoughts and priorities with the word of God.Not all that seem good from the surface is inherently good. There is a caveat to most of these mega riches being a child of God.

Lastly, life is but a heap of vanity without an assurance of salvation through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ loves you all and the Holy Spirit continually knocks at the doors of our hearts for entrance despite our fallibilities.

The Almighty God is not oblivious of our imperfections,all God wants is for us to continually admit our errors and try as much as we could to live a pious lifestyle.More so, the Living God habitually grants people good success.

May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you and others!
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Rossikk(m): 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
The OP has finally grown up. Congratulations OP. Please disregard these christians here trying to lure you back into their deceptions. Many of them don't even understand the deception, including the ones offering you advice. Please go with your God given intelligence and let THAT be your guide, not any man-made saviours and so-called holy books.
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by MrAnony1(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
Rossikk: The OP has finally grown up. Congratulations OP. Please disregard these christians here trying to lure you back into their deceptions. Many of them don't even understand the deception, including the ones offering you advice. Please go with your God given intelligence and let THAT be your guide, not any man-made saviours and so-called holy books.
LOL!!! Oh the irony! This has to be post of the day for me.

@Op, I think you have to approach the bible in a different way. Perhaps, you are reading the bible with the expectation that it should tell you how to be rich or something of the sort.
Maybe you may want to read the bible as you might a novel leaving your mind open to what it will tell you. If you are interested and with your permission, I could send you an audio of one of the gospels and God willing your interest will be sparked up again. Peace
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Ayomivic(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
pdone: I was born and raised in a strong religious family. I used to go to the church everyday and each time I spent about 1-2 hours praying or meditating. The bible became my most favourite book and each time I read it, I was so fascinated that I sometimes I spent about 3-4 hours reading it. The stories, the miracles, the words, the wisdoms,the songs, all got me hooked. The more I read, the more thirsty I become. It is just like water found in the desert by a lost traveller.

But gradually things starts to fall apart. Some of the words doesn't seem to appeal to me anymore. Sometimes it seems to me like a book that block your way or hidden you from exploring or reaching your limit or desire in life.

I have to make something clear. "I LIKE RICHES AND I LIKE IT WHEN HIT IN A GENIUE WAY". Some words in the bible even encourage the poor and tell them that their reward will be in heaven. To me it seems that it encourage people to be somehow lazy and not using their brain power. Inability to ask question for the fear of unknown.

Even our pastors, reverends, evans, etc don't help matters. They also seem to encourage laziness and sometimes flag being reach as a bad thing. They don't encourage the youth the importance of hardwork and wealth. In Nigeria if you are many people believe that if you have more than 30 million, you must belong to one occult or another. How can someone in this age of time, still thing like that.? These are the same people who believe in miracle!!!!!!!!

I believe the hard work brings wealth and wealth brings happiness and comfort. For these reasons, I channel my reading to motivational books, stories, videos,etc.I became so interested in the life of past rich people and those that have change the history in one way or the other. Maybe through their breakthrough, riches,Bravely Act,etc . I have not open my bible for some years now. I think everyone knows what is good and what is bad.

Please folks am I on the wrong track? Is anything wrong with the way I am reasoning? Is there any suggestion you have.

Yes,something is wrong with the way you are reasoning.

You said you are a christian.If you are a christian then i will like to ask you few questions.Do you believe in existence of God and Satan? Do you believe in heaven and hell? If you don't believe in all these, my words will be useless but if you do believe,then i think i have something to offer.

Satan does not have power to command and control you any how, if you don't give him chance.Satan used to examine people and try to deceive them to disobey God by making them see things in different way to the way of God.If satan is able to confuse person ,he will entangle that person in a web of sins.If that happened,the person has become the sin's slave and it takes the Gnd's mercy to free such person, if it does not lead to his death.Let me show you one or two verses from bible to back my word.In book of Genesis when Satan wants to decieve Eve what did he do ?He shows her the beauty and pleasantness of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.When Eve tried to complain that God say they would die if they eat that fruit, satan said no they would'nt die but their eyes would be opened and they would be like God.She ate and confused her husband to eat also,when they ate the fruit,true to satan's words their eyes were opened and they saw that they were nude.Through that ,they entered into problems.They lost their home,sufèrness and hardship entered into their lives and these affect their children- children till today.What they thought it would be helpful became sorrowful.

Another example is that of Jesus.Remember what Satan did to Jesus. He tempted Jesus and out of these temptations i wil speak about one.Satan took Jesus to the high montain and shew him the kingdom of the world and their glory and told Jesus that,he will give Jesus all those things he sees, if Jesus would fall down and worship him but Jesus rejected him and his offer.What do you think will happen if Jesus should accept Satan's offer?

Are you sure that your reasoning and desire for riches is not temptation from Satan ?Pls, examine yourself very well.

I have never seen verse of Bible that encourage laziness.The bible even said that the hands that do not work surpose not to eat.He also said we should do very well any work we can lay on our hands.To succeed in ones business is not a sin,to get riches is not sin but one must be careful of the way in which that riches comes.If you are not careful or take heed and you partner with Satan to get rich ,it may lead to doom.

that is my advice for you.There are wisdom in the words of God. I know there are many atheists in the house to confuse you,the choice is yours.May God help you.

3 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by MacDaddy01: 12:12am On Jul 11, 2012
Ayomivic:

Yes,something is wrong with the way you are reasoning.

You said you are a christian.If you are a christian then i will like to ask you few questions.Do you believe in existence of God and Satan? Do you believe in heaven and hell? If you don't believe in all these, my words will be useless but if you do believe,then i think i have something to offer.

Satan does not have power to command and control you any how, if you don't give him chance.Satan used to examine people and try to deceive them to disobey God by making them see things in different way to the way of God.If satan is able to confuse person ,he will entangle that person in a web of sins.If that happened,the person has become the sin's slave and it takes the Gnd's mercy to free such person, if it does not lead to his death.Let me show you one or two verses from bible to back my word.In book of Genesis when Satan wants to decieve Eve what did he do ?He shows her the beauty and pleasantness of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.When Eve tried to complain that God say they would die if they eat that fruit, satan said no they would'nt die but their eyes would be opened and they would be like God.She ate and confused her husband to eat also,when they ate the fruit,true to satan's words their eyes were opened and they saw that they were nude.Through that ,they entered into problems.They lost their home,sufèrness and hardship entered into their lives and these affect their children- children till today.What they thought it would be helpful became sorrowful.

Another example is that of Jesus.Remember what Satan did to Jesus. He tempted Jesus and out of these temptations i wil speak about one.Satan took Jesus to the high montain and shew him the kingdom of the world and their glory and told Jesus that,he will give Jesus all those things he sees, if Jesus would fall down and worship him but Jesus rejected him and his offer.What do you think will happen if Jesus should accept Satan's offer?

Are you sure that your reasoning and desire for riches is not temptation from Satan ?Pls, examine yourself very well.

I have never seen verse of Bible that encourage laziness.The bible even said that the hands that do not work surpose not to eat.He also said we should do very well any work we can lay on our hands.To succeed in ones business is not a sin,to get riches is not sin but one must be careful of the way in which that riches comes.If you are not careful or take heed and you partner with Satan to get rich ,it may lead to doom.

that is my advice for you.There are wisdom in the words of God. I know there are many atheists in the house to confuse you,the choice is yours.May God help you.

Sharap there!

Fake evangelist!
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by cyrexx: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2012
@ Ayomivic,

you are assuming that everyone is a knidergaten sunday school pupil that will be fascinated by your book of bible stories fairy tales. you assume the op and other atheists here have not read all these nonsense from the bible for themselves. the same bible is so full of nonsense that it can be properly summarised as

A long long time ago, an all-knowing (omniscient) un-created Spiritual Being in the sky created some other spiritual beings who He knew would piss Him off. When they did, He punished them and sent them off only to make human beings who He also knew would eventually piss him off again. When they did, He killed almost all of them.

Eventually, the all-knowing Being in the sky got fed up with the human beings doing things He knew they were going to do that would piss Him off again, so he takes his son and nails him to a cross and says" See? Now look what you made me do. You should be ashamed of yourselves"

That the essence of the core message in the Bible. The rest is just to fill up more space

@ op,

i believe you are an intelligent individual and you can see that religion is nothing but absolute bullshit.
they tell you to believe that nonsense by faith or you are a fool going to eternal hell. let me direct you to a website to show you why bible is not reliable book because of its many irreconciliable contradictions
http://ffrf.org/books/lfif/?t=contra

and how you can easily see the errors and refute all these religionists who ignorantly claim their god is the creator
http://ffrf.org/books/lfif/?t=refute
http://ffrf.org/books/lfif/?t=theologian
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2012
pdone:

I have to make something clear. "I LIKE RICHES AND I LIKE IT WHEN HIT IN A GENIUE WAY". Some words in the bible even encourage the poor and tell them that their reward will be in heaven. To me it seems that it encourage people to be somehow lazy and not using their brain power.

lol you gave your problem away here too easily. grin Like buzugee said, you got disillusioned with the bible for one reason... greed! You got seduced by the ways of the world, money, riches, fame... possibly the opportunity to have women without feeling any sense of accountability to anyone.

Note your own words - your grouse with the bible is purely because you feel it limits you from exploring YOUR DESIRES in life. Your case is accurately described in the parable of the sower (the seed sown among thorns) in Mark chapter 4.

It is not true that the bible encourages laziness... actually the bible is very clear - 2 Thes 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. Again in Deut 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

Peter was a wealthy fisherman, Paul was born into wealth... many of the apostles were not poor by any means. Perhaps your problem is that the bible prevents you from obtaining wealth the naija way - kickbacks, bribe, corruption, stealing.

pdone:
Inability to ask question for the fear of unknown.

Actually this is false and one favorite excuse that you hear from atheists and those who have an axe to grind with the bible. The Berean christians regularly questioned Paul and were commended for it. Apostle Thomas was a doubter despite walking with Christ for 3 yrs and was never shy to ask Christ to prove Himself. Gideon asked questions in doubt... e.t.c.

pdone:

pastors do not speak for the bible.

pdone:

Again you expose yourself. Your main motivation is simple - GREED! Its all about money and getting it by any means possible. This is quite sad. There are many christians i know who work hard and are very rich.

pdone:

You are certainly on the wrong track dude. You can be wealthy WITH the bible... all you need do is pray and work very hard. I do not intend to be poor either and i am slowly but steadily working my way up with God's help. You can do the same bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by alexleo(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2012
I can see that your problem is that you want to be rich by all means and the bible is blocking you from that because Bible supports only pure riches that comes from God. All those mltivational books wont take you to anwhere. Work and pray for God's guidance and blessing. Pray for his favour.
pdone: I was born and raised in a strong religious family. I used to go to the church everyday and each time I spent about 1-2 hours praying or meditating. The bible became my most favourite book and each time I read it, I was so fascinated that I sometimes I spent about 3-4 hours reading it. The stories, the miracles, the words, the wisdoms,the songs, all got me hooked. The more I read, the more thirsty I become. It is just like water found in the desert by a lost traveller.

1 Like

Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2012
All religious bigots are ignoring the fact the OP said :IN A GENUINE WAY..

Sadly, these are the same nincompoops who see nothing wrong with Men of God owning private jets and living extravagant lifestyles....

May the Jesus you worship save you from hypocrisy and bigotry..
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by buzugee(m): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2012
musKeeto: All religious bigots are ignoring the fact the OP said :IN A GENUINE WAY..

Sadly, these are the same nincompoops who see nothing wrong with Men of God owning private jets and living extravagant lifestyles....

May the Jesus you worship save you from hypocrisy and bigotry..
may the amadioha you worship faya your yansh with thunder grin
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: may the amadioha you worship faya your yansh with thunder grin
You homo... y my yansh?
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by buzugee(m): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2012
musKeeto:
You homo... y my yansh?
cuz the glutes aids in walking, however if amadioha faya ya glutes with thunder, you will not be able to go and buy food. and then you will have to be dependent on someone for your needs. and this will humble you. and then you will quickly run to the lord for solace
HOSEA 5 VS 15 ; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me. wink
Re: I Have Lost Interest In The Bible by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2012
buzugee: cuz the glutes aids in walking, however if amadioha faya ya glutes with thunder, you will not be able to go and buy food. and then you will have to be dependent on someone for your needs. and this will humble you. and then you will quickly run to the lord for solace
HOSEA 5 VS 15 ; In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me. wink
You sadist.. well what did God do to you then? Strike you with brain cancer? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does The Bible Provide Extraordinary Evidence Of Jesus' Resurrection? / Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Endows A N50m Professorial Chair At Unilag / Nigerians And The Mecca (hajj) Ignorance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.