Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC (6371 Views)

Buhari’s Change Has Not Touch Ubec’s Junior Secondary Schools In Abuja. / N47b Primary School Funds Lie Idle At CBN –UBEC / Over N26bn Spent On Ubec Nationwide – Min Of Education Ezenwo Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
homerac7: i cant dispute it. first it comes from an aunthority, then secondly, i served as a teacher in a northern rural community school. most of their schools r grossly understaffed and even d staffs r grossly underqualified in most cases.

Do not throw rocks in glass houses. When you point a finger, four point back at you. Remove the log in your eye, before worrying about the speck in another's. Bla bla bla.

Look at the bolded.

In fact, look at your whole sentence structure; HORRIBLE!!!!

Youre clearly a product of that which you criticize. . . . Your President. . . His wife . . . ALL OF YOU! Stop thinking youre any better. The education standard in Nigeria is abysmal at best. Sad.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by vanstanzy(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Most of the yigbos go school?

No be only ϯo count money them sabi

That goes to show that we, the igbos' are good@ managing money and everything in total. Dont forget, u urself confirmed that the igbos' are schooled. kiss
lacasa:

That goes to show that we, the igbos' are good@ managing money and everything in total. Dont forget, u urself confirmed that the igbos' are schooled.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by ikooko(m): 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
This is news to those who have not live in core northern states of nigeria. The %tage is far more than 50%. as a fact, most private nursary/pry schools use local language to teach their pupil. very few can be classified as schools. if youre unlucky to be transfered to core north by your employer and youre to relocate your family, the first real problem is serching for appropriate schools for your children.
do we really need to force them to be educated when the learned amongst them are ok with it afterall they have normadic education and their cow herdsmen can operate mobile phones.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by PaulJohn1: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Are you yourself educated? From your first sentence (Most of the Igbo go school?), is that meant to be a question or a reply? I'll take you to be educated when you're able to construct that suppose question in a more constructive way.SMH
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by boyendowed(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

El rufai,you again?Shouldn't you be on twitter insulting Jonathan?
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by omenziate(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Yet these same bomb-making abokis are sitting on most of the highest positions in the land tongue

Eg Namadi Sambo, Tambuwal, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, IGP, NSA Dasuki, Chief of Air staff etc.

!.

The same sanusi dat was caught committing a criminal offence, and an Msc in Arabic studies, most abokis do not assume dose positions based on qualifications or competence but by ur aggressive born to rule nature and federal character nonsense. For every aboki in position , they are countless ekiti, ondo , anambra and imo intellectuals dat would beat dem hands down.

2 Likes

Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by boyendowed(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Yet these same bomb-making abokis are sitting on most of the highest positions in the land tongue

Eg Namadi Sambo, Tambuwal, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, IGP, NSA Dasuki, Chief of Air staff etc.

Tђere are concentrations of illiterate nigerians in all regions jux dat some are more ignorant than others.

All the same dis aboki right here is more qualified n exposed than most of Ūя̲̅ household combined cool

#Bigotry wnt take us anywhere nor solve Nigeria's problem, ​ so​ be warned °☺k˚!.

It's interesting that a bigot is saying that bigotry won't take us anywhere.Why don't u lead by example and stop your bigotry?

3 Likes

Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by chucky234(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
Its N̶̲̥̅̊☺ surprise how those aboki groom boko boys at will, hmmm lost ship.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by dammytosh: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

Tђere are concentrations of illiterate nigerians in all regions jux dat some are more ignorant than others.

All the same dis aboki right here is more qualified n exposed than most of Ūя̲̅ household combined cool

#Bigotry wnt take us anywhere nor solve Nigeria's problem, ​ so​ be warned °☺k˚!.

This is no point as everybody knows that they are there because of federal character. It does not necessarily mean that they are the most qualified.

2 Likes

Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by nagoma(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
dammytosh:

This is no point as everybody knows that they are there because of federal character. It does not necessarily mean that they are the most qualified.

Representation doesn't require professors , as a matter of fact professors in all positions of government will be a wrong reflection of the society and may not have the hands on awareness of what happens in the communities and what is needed. In any case the much hyped education of the Southerners has so far been of no use in the improvement of society and governance. No wonder people believe that it's mainly forged certificates and not really education. GEJ who is supposed to be a PhD and all those army of professors of nose picking from the south are unable to figure out a true democratic governance in Nigeria . It's all corruption and the rest is cluelessness - so much for the educated south.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
Most of u idiots are also product of dsame,broken educational system.Gej and his wife is a good example,so wat d Bleep are u bigots talking about?
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by tribalism(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
lacasa:

i tell you, 85% of the Igbos who count money can read and write. and about 55% are real graduates.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by tinkinjo: 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
Na today...during our youth service a corps member colleague was recall to become a acting HOD in a polytechnic over there...the dude couldn't complete a correct sentence in English, that is if he was bold enough to attempt it. Added to this great personality was the stench he wears about.

Mansour was some guy!

Many of us were overjoyed when the L.I. informed us of his going.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
Anyone mentioning igbos here are just deluded and has nothing to say. In igbo land now if u no go skul u are nobody. Even poor parents sells their land to make sure their children gets the best education
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by tribalism(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: Most of u idiots are also product of dsame,broken educational system.Gej and his wife is a good example,so wat d Bleep are u bigots talking about?
accept that the rating is correct or even considerate, then you can open a thread on EKITI STATE. let's play.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by lacasa: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
^^ first it was "all abokiss were illiterate bomb-makers", now the tune has changed ϯo "they are only tђere cos of federal xter"

Una no dey shame

Mallam no be mumu o jare cool
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Dhelake: 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Lwkmd .... Nt surprised, what amaze me is d fact dat dis same aboki's kills youth corpers who ar elpin them
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by ochallo: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
alaoeri: What did u expect from aboki can remember vividly when am serving there are some hausa corp member from various state on government pay roll with primary6 certificate, so am not surprise with illiterate teachers.

Did your service in the North also screw up your English?
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by bonetalk(m): 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
gboss4sure: Anyone mentioning igbos here are just deluded and has nothing to say. In igbo land now if u no go skul u are nobody. Even poor parents sells their land to make sure their children gets the best education
and that's why i must marry from Igbo, imo-state to be precised
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by adonisyung(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
homerac7: i cant dispute it. first it comes from an aunthority, then secondly, i served as a teacher in a northern rural community school. most of their schools r grossly understaffed and even d staffs r grossly underqualified in most cases.

unfortunate thing is that there is a glut of qualified teachers in the south, but north is no no for them. the north needs to create the environment to attract people to come and develop their system otherwise, they may end up becoming a slave of their own making in future days.
they are already slaves.....in d south and easth D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are mainly gatemen...shoe cobbler...stupid suya mugu...that's why they are S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴͡​ jealous killing innocent souls
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Dejohnbull: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
This is de reason naija wil be free frm sharia law, de nothern naija moslems enjoy life in xtian south free & happy y southern xtian see hell in moslem north. Sharia law must stop b4 nigerians wil be 1 my 1 million idea
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by emiye(m): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Those teachers must have been Arabic literates.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by sapien(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2012
If to say na to strap bomb for body and look for 72 virgins,dem go dey 95% literate.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by sapien(m): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
If to say na to strap bomb for body and look for 72 virgins,dem go dey 95% literate.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by alexbalami: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Wat do u mean by dat? We hav so many educated bokis out there if u dont knw so stop feeling as if u were d one dat brought western education in nig.
alaoeri: What did u expect from aboki can remember vividly when am serving there are some hausa corp member from various state on government pay roll with primary6 certificate, so am not surprise with illiterate teachers.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
hmm, 50% is ok. Go to yobe and see where teachers are still writing s.s.c.e. I wonder then what qualification gave them the job
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by alexbalami: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
We hav so many educated northerners n by d way wat r u pple feeling lyk wen most of u speak market english.' i dey com, i dey go'
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by alexbalami: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
U dat is claiming to av been to school,wat impact are u making in ur community?
ikooko: This is news to those who have not live in core northern states of nigeria. The %tage is far more than 50%. as a fact, most private nursary/pry schools use local language to teach their pupil. very few can be classified as schools. if youre unlucky to be transfered to core north by your employer and youre to relocate your family, the first real problem is serching for appropriate schools for your children.
do we really need to force them to be educated when the learned amongst them are ok with it afterall they have normadic education and their cow herdsmen can operate mobile phones.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by omenziate(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
alexbalami: We hav so many educated northerners n by d way wat r u pple feeling lyk wen most of u speak market english.' i dey com, i dey go'

Who b dis one? Should we compare yerima's wife to mayb remi tinubu or abike dabiri or even a market woman in onitsha ni? Aboki , close dat ur foot and Mouth disease infested mouth jare. Why are d northern states lobbying for corpers to come their bomb infested states, dude I served in kano and I taught in one of d schools there, I basically wrote d WAEC exams of all d students and teachers, most teachers there don't even have a Waec degree certificate , even d principal has a Bsc in Arabic sometin, and can't speak well sef let alone d teachers. D only subject they are interested in is islamic studies. Believe me, sokoto is even worse than Kano state.
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by aryzgreat: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
what do u people expect from aboki? last year, only 17 abokis pass waec out of 18,000 in Gombe, u can search for the thread on NL. Am not suprised after all they have been brainwashed to reject western education. During my NYSC in the north, it was hell! ask a question in d class in english the response u will get is "ba turenchi" They have a long way to go.

check out this! cry
www.nairaland.com/866603/only-17-students-passed-waec
Re: 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC by Beync(f): 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2012

unfortunate thing is that there is a glut of qualified teachers in the south, but north is no no for them. the north needs to create the environment to attract people to come and develop their system otherwise, they may end up becoming a slave of their own making in future days.
who will go and teach their? They don't have enabling environment. No security of lives and properties. They better learn Koran

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Look At This Photo And Tell Who Comes To Your Mind Immediately (photo) / When Is Futa Post-ume Coming Up? / Auchi Polytechnic Post Ume And Forms.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.