Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. (7428 Views)

How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones / Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / 5 Top State Universities Teaching Hospitals In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2012
Nairalanders,this thread is for you. I still believe we can still be one regardless of all the rancor going on in the country.... So if you CANNOT give us 5 reasons why we must not break up,then you should have the other side of the coin at your finger tips which would equally be respected and discussed.
The floor is YOURS!
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by ITbomb(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2012
I thought you would open the floor with ur 5 points
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 9:24am On Jul 10, 2012
ITbomb: I thought you would open the floor with ur 5 points

I thought so too but realized that people will be already waiting wit already-made counter reasons too so...on Second thots...U give me your reasons if u have any and if not,then u believe we shuld break up right?
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Kunlebabs375: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2012
I only have one reason and that is for us to prove the world powers wrong by 2015 and after
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by MurphyT1: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2012
Some people use nairaland for their sch. Assignments, instead of of u to tell us y u think Nig shouldn't break up, u want us to tell u....oya de wait...kettle head, u de find expo..
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2012
Kunlebabs375: I only have one reason and that is for us to prove the world powers wrong by 2015 and after

Beautiful KunleBabs... That is officially number 1 reason... Atleast lets prove this white skulls that their negative expectations of Naija WILL NOT happen. Haba... GEJ or not...We must stick together and forge forward afterall Gold passes thru fire to be refined.
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by amdy08: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2012
Mr poster,its good that such issue is comyn up @ a tyme Nigerians are losn ope on the unity Nigeria.I might not be able 2 gve U̶̲̅ 5 reasons for us 2 be united.bt am very sure that most persons that witnessed the civil will neva want 2 experience anytyn close to the ugly and terrible experience whch the reconciliation,and reconstruction process is stl on evn after 45 yrs.if U̶̲̅ must agree wit me,Nigeria's problem is not Unity but politically oriented.
We jst av few elected political office holders that have the country @ heart. if we tink dt distingration wl bring peace,we won't even survive the peace it wl bring cos. D disintegrated regions wil keep disintegrating.
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by amdy08: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2012
Mr poster,its good that such issue is comyn up @ a tyme Nigerians are losn ope on the unity Nigeria.I might not be able 2 gve U̶̲̅ 5 reasons for us 2 be united.bt am very sure that most persons that witnessed the civil war will neva want 2 experience anytyn close to the ugly and terrible experience whch the reconciliation,and reconstruction process is stl on evn after 45 yrs.if U̶̲̅ must agree wit me,Nigeria's problem is not Unity but politically oriented.
We jst av few elected political office holders that have the country @ heart. if we tink dt distingration wl bring peace,we won't even survive the peace it wl bring cos. D disintegrated regions wil keep disintegrating.

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2012
Murphy T: Some people use nairaland for their sch. Assignments, instead of of u to tell us y u think Nig shouldn't break up, u want us to tell u....oya de wait...kettle head, u de find expo..

You see its pple like you that make Nairaland look like 2go. This is a forum for matured thinking mind and when reasons pop for you to use ur head,u are being evasive.... U dont hav reasons why we shuld not break up and u dont have reasons why we shuld break up....where do u stand? Let me help you. For starters...the ingredients for the eguisi soup u eat comes from the 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria. I have given u one reason why we should not break up...for your level. I doubt if u can take anything more complex than that.
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by lekkie073(m): 11:08am On Jul 10, 2012
U can as well start giving reasons as to why the world should or should not come to an end. Who cares?
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by bashr8: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2012
Kunlebabs375: I only have one reason and that is for us to prove the world powers wrong by 2015 and after
Euroclydon:

Beautiful KunleBabs... That is officially number 1 reason... Atleast lets prove this white skulls that their negative expectations of Naija WILL NOT happen. Haba... GEJ or not...We must stick together and forge forward afterall Gold passes thru fire to be refined.
your IQ must be below zero , so because you want to prove something innocent women and children should continue dying? sometimes i agree with the white man that blacks indeed are not different from monkeys . anyway i dont blame you am sure none of your relatives have died in the hands of blood suckers and vampires roaming about nigeria.
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by aljharem(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2012
I can give you 5 reasons why Nigeria should not break up

1. No one wants to experience another civil war again

2. Nigeria market favours some of us that are traders especially hausas, yorubas and igbos

3. A country like niger-delta would be invaded by neigbouring countries eg baifra, cameroon etc

4. Each country would be the laughing stock of the world as our economies would mean nothing

5. Too much investment by other Nigerians in states/cities like Abuja and Lagos. I don't think they are ready to lose that !

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Ozonna(m): 12:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
alj harem: I can give you 5 reasons why Nigeria should not break up

2. Nigeria market favours some of us that are traders especially hausas, yorubas and igbos

3. A country like niger-delta would be invaded by neigbouring countries eg baifra, cameroon etc

4. Each country would be the laughing stock of the world as our economies would mean nothing

5. Too much investment by other Nigerians in states/cities like Abuja and Lagos. I don't think they are ready to lose that !

I Like points 1,2,4 & 5. But Oga let's not mention 3. Cameroon? Maybe. Biafra? MBA!!!
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by lekkie073(m): 12:52pm On Jul 10, 2012
5 reasons d world must not come to an end:
1) We я not ready yet
2) Heaven is not fully equiped to accomodate all of us hence, there is hell
3) We will all be so equal dat it wouldn't make sense
4) The world will be unhabited
5) Some people might plan to end God's reign
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by MurphyT1: 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
Euroclydon:

You see its pple like you that make Nairaland look like 2go. This is a forum for matured thinking mind and when reasons pop for you to use ur head,u are being evasive.... U dont hav reasons why we shuld not break up and u dont have reasons why we shuld break up....where do u stand? Let me help you. For starters...the ingredients for the eguisi soup u eat comes from the 6 geopolitical zones in Nigeria. I have given u one reason why we should not break up...for your level. I doubt if u can take anything more complex than that.

I laugh, u r just an ignoramus...get ur pen and starts copying..The point u just mention is known as economic integration, this is an important reason like u said, our meals contains ingredients from north, west and south...also the unity we perceive when the super eagles is playing another country, monitor the inner behavior of Nigerians as d match is on, u will c hw passionate they are abt their country Nig, u will c one nation state in Nigeria..Also, in every hook and cranny of the country, one will always find an Igbo, calabar, Hausa, Yoruba man doin one thing or the other, living in oneness (though some set of people want to spoil this unity), besides we need the farm products from the north and the oil in the south to make Nig one of the top 20 economies by the year 2020...that shud help u, olodo..

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
bashr8: your IQ must be below zero , so because you want to prove something innocent women and children should continue dying? sometimes i agree with the white man that blacks indeed are not different from monkeys . anyway i dont blame you am sure none of your relatives have died in the hands of blood suckers and vampires roaming about nigeria.

Lol... Bashr8...You also dont have anything to say whether for or against. Your emotions are driving you nuts...& u just decided to sit down and call urself a monkey,how reasonable is that? This is who u are, U aint white and u cant change that no matter how many bleaching creams u use so face it and think up solutions...and stop crying wen the milk has already been spilled.

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2012
alj harem: I can give you 5 reasons why Nigeria should not break up

Good one alj harem... Your points are worthy of note!
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
Murphy T:

I laugh, u r just an ignoramus...get ur pen and starts copying..The point u just mention is known as economic integration, this is an important reason like u said, our meals contains ingredients from north, west and south...also the unity we perceive when the super eagles is playing another country, monitor the inner behavior of Nigerians as d match is on, u will c hw passionate they are abt their country Nig, u will c one nation state in Nigeria..Also, in every hook and cranny of the country, one will always find an Igbo, calabar, Hausa, Yoruba man doin one thing or the other, living in oneness (though some set of people want to spoil this unity), besides we need the farm products from the north and the oil in the south to make Nig one of the top 20 economies by the year 2020...that shud help u, olodo..

MurphyT....now i believe u had something upstairs but could not find it earlier till i had to jump-start you. Good one...
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by HammedSodiqq: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
Strong and developed nations today obviously operate a federal system, where u have units forming the state. For us to attain that height, we must remain as one indivisible entity. No need for fresh civil war abeg
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by NiceKid2(f): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
(1) Because every tribe/ geopolitical zone needs foodstuffs/ oil/ resources/ workforce/ business contracts,etc from one another (2) to avoid the cumbersome protocols/ stress of travelling just from Aba to Lagos or Abuja with visa and international passport (3) because there's unity in diversity: the various languages, modes of dressing, cultures, and festivals- its so beautiful and fun (4) because we've come a long way all these years and it won't make sense now. So that d whole world would not laugh at us (5) so as to maintain our ego and pride as d Giant of Africa. (6) to avoid another massacre in d name of civil war: do u think we would just shake hands, break up and say "bye bye see u later"? Not @ all, 4 d breakup to happen, there'll be a bloody revolution and God knows its uncalled for
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by HAH: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
The south east cannot contain all Igbos
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2012
HAH: The south east cannot contain all Igbos

In other words there will be spill over.... Then there could also be visa lottery for biafrans who want to come and stay in NAIJA....lol
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by Euroclydon(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2012
Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by Boazizzy08: 10:21am
In recent time many Nigerians and foreigners have advocated for the disintegration of Nigeria which I know is not the best solution in ending the security challenges been faced in the country,especially that of terror.i am optimistic that many Nigerians who witnessed the last Biafra-Nigeria civil war will not want either a repetition or a replica of such.
Having given the issue of disintegration a second thought,because it is bound to be bloody and traumatic,other attributed factors are as follows:
- loss of lives and destruction of properties will be recorded;
- millions of those who may likely survive it will be displaced, while many others will be forced to seek refugee status around the subregion and many of those burgeoises instigating this disintegration won't be in he battle field,they will seek solace in foreign countries with all their wealth, the poor will fight and die and the burgeoises will return to enjoy peace;
- there will be wide spread poverty and the living standards will fall which will be greeted by malnutrition and starvation especially among the poorer segment of the society;
- arms will be proliferated which will lead to a breakdown of laws and orders, tribal armed battles will occur regularly and human rights will be violated.
Record has it that the civil war in Liberia with a population of 22million people, more than 2million people were displaced with 4million people dead.
We must really learn to live as a people or we will perish as fools

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is What National And State Assemblies Will Earn. / Amosun Hosts Soyinka In Ogun At An Anti-corruption Crusade In Abeokuta / Full Rehabilitation Of Refineries Begins January-NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.