Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? (27631 Views)

Original Tm Lewin Shirts And Other Clothing For Sale / Anyone Interested In Bulk Tm Lewin, Austin Reed Or Charles Tyrwhitt / Get T.m Lewin Shirts Anywere In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Biafrarep(m): 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Aba is indeed doing gr8 when it comes 2 small and medium scale enterprises, dea was a tym i went 2 kent(a street off Azikiwe road) and cud not believ my eyes when i saw hundreds of shops selling n sewing clothes, wit each shop hav'n a standby generator, unfortunately for me dat day, PHCN struck n viola all d tailors came out simultanously n put on dea gen sets, u wil not believ d level of noice pollution, i almost ran mad but d boys appeared unperturbed, they hav becom accostumed 2 d noise! Then as i was seeking for a tailor that wud sow a suit for me, i came across a shop, wea d owner wz stockpiling rows of neatly packaged branded shirts, whn i asked him abt it, he told me dat a bank in Lagos contracted him 2 produce them! D same goes for Ariaria(Bakasi zone) wea assorted types of shoes n handbags r produced. If only d gov wud assist them......,

5 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Sprumbaba: 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Tony Tigana was the name back in the late 90s up to 2006. Tony Tigana is crap these days, poor fabric, poor environment, all the best tailors under him have left. especially Seedorf

You are right. Tony Tigana.Close to 9 years since I had been there.
They have some well organized tailors in Kent Aba that take time to sow good shirts.Those kind of tailors are not even cheap.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by khazeem(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2012
HEY YA ALL...I CAN SOLVE UR SHIRT PROBLEMS.....I AM A FASHION DESIGNER (ADEDAYO CLOTHINGS) I MAKE CLOTHES ESPESIALLY SHIRTS...U CAN CALL ME 08069781206...delievery round lagos.....u can go to my facebook add: adedayo kazeem abdulkareem...
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by justdream(m): 10:24pm On Jul 12, 2012
vanunu: 70% of shirts in the Nigerian market today are made in Aba, Aba has finally displaced China in the Nigerian market. If you go to Kents in Aba there is no shirt material in this world that you will not find there.

Olboy those boys @ kent dem rily dey try gan...visited aba late lastyr and bot alotta materials. naso i giv am the tailors wey dey dere. suffice to say, my colleagues in the ofis dey ask to chek the designer labels wey i dey wear come work. i live and work in abuja. the boys for enyimba dey try gan...

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Niiade(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2012
Well I guess quality is very important, Respect those striving to make better shirts in Nigeria, Not those who make sub-standard ones n wanna sell em at the same price of a real Tm shirt.
I bring in shirts on the regular, don't trust sultan or suntan anymore.
I bring my shirts in from the UK and sew some of my shirts N wears here in Nigeria too, we really growing n improving.
If you wanna buy from the uk, shirts, shoes even Solid trouser materials. Beep me up would get em for you at very good prices n the quality is 100% CERTAIN.
23B9F9DB or call 08025140064.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by oladayo042: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2012
Aba is really making a name for itself.

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
[size=15pt]ABA BOYS™.....clothing Nigerians since 1960[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by AreaDaddy: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2012
TM Lewin, Hawes and Curtis are all mass market brands now and their quality has fallen as they chase market share by aggressive discounting.

You should try people like this guys http://www.emmettlondon.com/ for quality two ply cotton shirts and you will not step out of your yard and see 30 people rocking the same shirt as you.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by pedestal82(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
Ournaija: Most of our local tailors are doing great. There is this guy in Kaduna that do excellently well in sewing shirts and suits, he has his own brand and I patronize him. Infact he has more 12 employees and he is really doing great. I have come across some nicely sewn Aba shirts too, they show promises.

Most of this fake shirts are from China. They are cloned there. Naija guys order for them. We should patronize our locally made shirts.
Pls can u give me the name and add of this guy in KD, will like to try him out, thanx
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by kawkab: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
There is too much hype about TM shirts. There are so many other good labels such as RiversIsland, HM, LOGG, Moto, Burton, Next, Cedawood State etc. all these are labels with very good fabrics and products.

What the Aba guys do is to reproduce popular labels like the TM label and reproduce such product using imported fabrics. The quality you get from Aba product varies depending the tailor. There are tailors in Aba that ever used machine for button hole and very high quality gum stay and laden. They do this for very popular products and it just happens that TM is the rave of the moment hence their focus on it.

For those that cant afford UK TM, then Aba would just do. Also remember that your dress sense plays a great role in how fitting your clothing looks on you.

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by DECOtech(m): 1:51am On Jul 13, 2012
aguiyi:
you should know your league grin grin grin
thats nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by XtremeBase(f): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2012
Pls who can help with contacts of any of the very good ABA tailor, esp the ones that churn out good quality. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by abiamahart: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2012
i stopped buying foreign shirts since 2001 after meeting the chap that sews shirts and suits too on faulks road in aba.

His works are so good that he has opened three production lines for you guys who buy labels. I sAw dealers from Lagos/Abuja with him recently.

We just hate ourselves or too lazy to acknoledge resourceful people in our mist.

It all depends on your finding a well trained tailor not a glorified Obioma/Sura d Tailor.

I now get quality shirts, suits, boxers and trousers locally.
Pending are Singlets, ties, socks, jeans and shoes. Some sandals today are 60% with room for more improvement.

They stich labels too mine is emmy®

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by kufzy: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2012
tj-dj:
Fake TM shirts are very common but to buy original ones make sure u patronise shops like TWICE AS NICE i guarantee you they sell original ones at 7000 for men and 5,500 upward for ladies,i once fell for one of those fake ones before but since i started patronisinf twicw as nice,i sin no more
guy u dey do advert 4 dat shop abi na advice be dis 1? Nawao 4 u
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by flexya: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2012
omotohdarajugbogbolo: BUY H&C SHIRTS. THEY ARE FAR BETTER kiss kiss

u tell em brother.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Sprumbaba: I have ABA Made shirts right now in the US. I have been wearing them for a decade (may be once or twice a year). I always show it to people if they could believe they were sown in ABA.
There are good tailors and you get to select SAMPLE MATERIALS which you can never (at times) see the replica on anyone.

I will wear ABA Shirt over TM Lewin any day. You can get exclusive shirt materials. You dont need to even go to ABA, go to Taiwo street on island and ask of TIGANA (i hope he is still there).

Thank you my brother, Right now am wearing Aba made shirt and some beautiful young cheeks still want to steal me away from my wife cos I look good in them, Naija we should be proud of ours
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Rinameh: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Yes.
--------------------------
join us at www.wedeytalk.com.ng for that unique online Nigerian community experience: for naija by naija
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Ricoluv(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2012
BIG LIE!!! This topic has confirmed my worst fears. Almost all my shirts are T.M/John Francomb, and I buy these shirts exclusively from Twice as Nice and Suntan - both on the Opebi/Allen Avenue axis in Lagos. Lately (in fact, since last year, if not earlier), I have discovered that the quality of the shirts can hardly be differentiated from the notorious 'packet' shirts that go for about 1,500 or less in the open market. The necks are slack, the texture of the shirts is weak and not as smooth and 'rich' as normal T.M's, the rough edges/threads aren't smoothened out, and worst of all, the cut isn't sharp/slim-fit as was usually the case. The sizes aren't predictable anymore. My usual size is 15-35 or 16-35 at worst, and this is supposed to be a nice, almost perfect slim fit for me - that was usually the case. These days, I find that this same size is now almost as if I am wearing agbada - bleeping oversize. I now have to slim-fit it myself (both for regular T.M and John Francomb). Sometimes it fits off the shelf, but most times, it is oversize. . on the same supposed 15-35. Why the irregularity and inconsistency? I thought it was a T.M problem, so I bought two Thomas Pink shirts from Twice as Nice (Opebi store) the last time, yet it was the same thing (if not worse).

Sorry, but Oyinbo no dey make those kind mistakes. I have resolved to stop patronising Twice as Nice and Suntan, but since they are supposed to be the biggest shirt retailers in Lagos, who else do I turn to? And to think I have been hooked on T.M for ages. A friend of mine told me sometime ago that Twice as Nice and Suntan now 'mix' the original T.M shirts with fake one in order to make more profits. I doubted him even though the evidence was overwhelming. Now I know better. Bleep it.

@pro1,..it seems we have both been shopping from the same shirt dealer,..

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by anataala: 8:45am On Jul 13, 2012
hello,

please go to
http://www.tmlewin.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-tmlusd-Site/en_US/Default-Start

buy from their store direct, the ship to nigeria using any visa or master card
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Biafrarep(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2012
XtremeBase: Pls who can help with contacts of any of the very good ABA tailor, esp the ones that churn out good quality. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
I wil recommend DOLLAR PENS DESIGNER, 88 Kent by market Rd, Aba. O8O64970008. D directors name is Prince Kalu.

1 Like

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2012
People should learn to encourage their own. Most of these comments about Aba made are discriminatory and do no encourage local production. Funnily, Chinese products (all fake) have flooded our markets replacing the very Aba made. Our importers ordered them, our government allowed encouraged them in the name of international trade while our people patronized. How funny. Who is deceiving who. At our own little level, we all are killing Nigeria gradually by not allowing our local industries to grow. Think.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by hustla(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Ricoluv: I am a lover of T.M.Lewin Shirts, but lately, the shirts i buy seem to be poorly sewn and not properly tailored.

My colleagues at work have told me to stop buying as most dealer have found a way to cut corners by having Aba tailors sew these shirts and label them accordingly.

this fact they claim is evident in the various promos they , (shirt dealers) are currently doing where they give huge discount on sales of the shirts.

Please guys what do you think?

Guess u dunno hw 2 differentiate btwn fake and original ish...goto twice as nice and suntan wears in Ikeja,u'd see original TM Lewin shirts there..
I love em..especially d ones wif d windsor collars...there are better designers tho'
My 2Kobo..
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by hustla(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2012
Ricoluv: BIG LIE!!! This topic has confirmed my worst fears. Almost all my shirts are T.M/John Francomb, and I buy these shirts exclusively from Twice as Nice and Suntan - both on the Opebi/Allen Avenue axis in Lagos. Lately (in fact, since last year, if not earlier), I have discovered that the quality of the shirts can hardly be differentiated from the notorious 'packet' shirts that go for about 1,500 or less in the open market. The necks are slack, the texture of the shirts is weak and not as smooth and 'rich' as normal T.M's, the rough edges/threads aren't smoothened out, and worst of all, the cut isn't sharp/slim-fit as was usually the case. The sizes aren't predictable anymore. My usual size is 15-35 or 16-35 at worst, and this is supposed to be a nice, almost perfect slim fit for me - that was usually the case. These days, I find that this same size is now almost as if I am wearing agbada - bleeping oversize. I now have to slim-fit it myself (both for regular T.M and John Francomb). Sometimes it fits off the shelf, but most times, it is oversize. . on the same supposed 15-35. Why the irregularity and inconsistency? I thought it was a T.M problem, so I bought two Thomas Pink shirts from Twice as Nice (Opebi store) the last time, yet it was the same thing (if not worse).

Sorry, but Oyinbo no dey make those kind mistakes. I have resolved to stop patronising Twice as Nice and Suntan, but since they are supposed to be the biggest shirt retailers in Lagos, who else do I turn to? And to think I have been hooked on T.M for ages. A friend of mine told me sometime ago that Twice as Nice and Suntan now 'mix' the original T.M shirts with fake one in order to make more profits. I doubted him even though the evidence was overwhelming. Now I know better. Bleep it.

@pro1,..it seems we have both been shopping from the same shirt dealer,..

Dunno bout Suntan now tho',went there last in ma 200L in Covenant Uni(2008)..If you have really been buyin TM shirts for ages as u claim,there really wouldn't be any probs spottin d fake from d original one..
Guess Suntan is now joinin d fake shirt sellers..
Issorai
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by XtremeBase(f): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by XtremeBase(f): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Biafra rep: I wil recommend DOLLAR PENS DESIGNER, 88 Kent by market Rd, Aba. O8O64970008. D directors name is Prince Kalu.

Biafrarep God bless you. What are his areas of specialization pls?
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by XtremeBase(f): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2012
ikkalu2002: People should learn to encourage their own. Most of these comments about Aba made are discriminatory and do no encourage local production. Funnily, Chinese products (all fake) have flooded our markets replacing the very Aba made. Our importers ordered them, our government allowed encouraged them in the name of international trade while our people patronized. How funny. Who is deceiving who. At our own little level, we all are killing Nigeria gradually by not allowing our local industries to grow. Think.

Word i tell you. Word!
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Undabridge(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2012
This are my most requested designs and you need to feel the quality of the material.If I am to sell this shirts abroad I know how it will be sold for in either dollars or pound.So pls patronise made in Nigeria then it really pays a lot.

Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by rhymz(m): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2012
I have learnt one thing about buying shirts and troussers. . Get a very good tailor, go to the market yourself to and shop for the material of your choice then finally hop on the websites of the designer retail clothing lines and steal as many latest designs as you want or better still to save yourself the stress buy their catalogue magazines. I care less about labels if the quality of the shirt material is up to my taste, fits me as I want and makes me feel comfy in them, something many of these designer shirts and troussers fail in one way or the other to accomplish. There are very many excellent shirt, suits and pants designers in Nigeria especially in places like Aba and some parts of Lagos. These tailors are not cheap either. Why the fuss about if it is TM Lewin or TM Levvin; they are all mass produced stuffs sawn to specifications are branded with designer names. I have seen friends buy TM Lewin shirts somebody from Dubai brought to them; and I was like, "dude, Dubai sef dey do TM Lewin shirts" even bangladesh get their own generic versions of popular brands not to talk of Gran pa CHINA. Na 2day Una sabi how many Bank managers wey dey wear well tailored Aba made Shirts, troussers and suits. Na person wey still never begin serious personal projects dey go buy one H&C shirt for 25grand as if it will make you any finer or cooler. Who cares about TM shirts anyway, you will have to look at the shirt closely to find the brand label to know that, the first thing that should strike anyone is the way you wear it and the quality of the shirt material not the label. Me no even like that long tail shirt wey TM lewin dey wey make one look like some french circus actor.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by kama1210: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
Aba designers will give you whatever ur money can pay for. Most of what we worship as yankee designs were originally designed in Aba, shipped outside and imported back after stamping to sell higher. There is competition in Aba. I use quality Aba designers, and is serving me. Good on me. God bless Aba boys
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by XtremeBase(f): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
kama1210: Aba designers will give you whatever ur money can pay for. Most of what we worship as yankee designs were originally designed in Aba, shipped outside and imported back after stamping to sell higher. There is competition in Aba. I use quality Aba designers, and is serving me. Good on me. God bless Aba boys

Hey Kama, i asked you a question in the best designer thread, could you help me out pls. Thanks.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by donwill: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2012
what is wrong in patronizing indegenous product.ar we promoting the economy of the nation.
Re: Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba?? by Biafrarep(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
XtremeBase:

Biafrarep God bless you. What are his areas of specialization pls?
Mainly Trousers, jackets and suits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chioma Tyra Obiadi Wins Miss Earth Nigeria 2016 / Fashion Blunders To Avoid As A Lady / How To Make Your Dirty Sneakers Look Perfectly White Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.