Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,958 members, 7,956,605 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:01 PM

I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 (1939 Views)

Toyota Avalon 2011 And Camry 2011 Which One Should I Go For? / Accord(E-spirit), E350 And Camry(spider) As A Third Option. / Honda Baby Boy And Camry 2000 Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by dammygolden: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2012
PLEASE, I NEED SOLID ADVISE WITH COGENT REASONS. CAMRY 2000 AND BABY BOI .WHICH ONE IS PREFERABLE.
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by akinreals: 10:54am On Jul 12, 2012
Don't even think twice, please go for camry straight. God bless u.
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by menthur79(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2012
i advice you to go for a camry, because of durability, especialy in its legs (shocks) the only nreason you should go for a baby boy should be if you r trying to cut cost.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by baaliyah(m): 8:13am On Jul 13, 2012
Baby boy is faster and more responsive than camry.
Baby boy has no problems with the shocks and suspension like camry
Fuel consumption is almost the same.
Buy baby boy and keep N120k for imminent gear box problem.
buy BB and sell back at 500k begging people to buy.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by FindOut(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
ba_aliyah:
Buy baby boy and keep N120k for imminent gear box problem.

NICE ONE!!!! But OP could be lucky to get a manual gear baby boy. I've seen some, none for sale though. Then, I've heard that Honda genrally has the issue of tires coming off, i.e. Seperating from the axle/ bearing. Front tires especially. Dyu have anything on this?
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by baaliyah(m): 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2012
Truly i have seen a number of honda, Golf and Benz with tie rods pulled off. It must have given signs. A good driver should know if the tie rods, upper arm or ball joint even wheel bearing are bad. they are supposed to be replaced as soon as u notice unusual sound while driving. Negligence on our part causes the tyres to give way, sure the owner must be aware of unpleasant noise or sound before.
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by FindOut(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2012
ba_aliyah: Truly i have seen a number of honda, Golf and Benz with tie rods pulled off. It must have given signs. A good driver should know if the tie rods, upper arm or ball joint even wheel bearing are bad. they are supposed to be replaced as soon as u notice unusual sound while driving. Negligence on our part causes the tyres to give way, sure the owner must be aware of unpleasant noise or sound before.

Very true. A car will always give signs before that kind of problem occurs.
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by daomi(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
Do honda bulldog 97 auto tranny hv gear problem too?
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by iykeG(m): 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2012
If you want quick responsive, well balanced and smart car that you won't need to buy new shocks or adjust it all the time as in camry. Go for baby boy however service your gearbox as at when due otherwise save money for another in 2-3 years. but if you need a sluggish car, one that the brakes are not reliable, that is not balanced at high speed and curves. Then go for Camry. 1 of every 20 camry owners have had accident with it.
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by daomi(m): 7:51am On Jul 15, 2012
daomi: Do honda bulldog 97 auto tranny hv gear problem too?
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by Murphy7h4: 7:57am On Jul 15, 2012
Nice work!
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by iykeG(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2012
No Car that does not experience gear problem if neglected or wrongly maintained. Some people does not know they need to service gear box/ change the oil when it gets to some certain mileage. 97 accord is a Good car no doubt. Smart thus the nickname,rugged, balanced at high speed and fuel efficient. Have used it. What I will advise you when you get it is try and maintain your engine regularly depending on your usage. In the case of gear, service depending on your millage, maybe every 10,000 or 15,000 or 20,000. Don't allow all those mechanic to tell you that you only need to top the oil, when its short. Just change totally with a very good ATF.I Changed gear once why using the car though then sold it off.

daomi: Do honda bulldog 97 auto tranny hv gear problem too?
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by leadro(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
i've used all 3 cars mentioned here so far and i can tell you this,
the 97 accord is a solid car. rugged responsive, and if properly maintained will give no faults.
used the v6 version never had faults with the car.
used the 2000 camry (i4) and its a good car, reliable and trustworthy. all i can say about it is that
its highly dependable but very forgettable. will get you to your destination with no drama.
the baby boy.... looks good, drives great, but when it starts with you ehn..... changed my gear box twice in
5 years and this was with regular maintenance. always look at people who drive thiers and wonder who their babalawo
is and how i can get in touch with him.
my recommendation would be buy the camry but you can risk the baby boy if you like.
after all, there are still lots of nigerians using it so it cant be all bad right?
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by luvinhubby(m): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2012
Find Out!:

NICE ONE!!!! But OP could be lucky to get a manual gear baby boy. I've seen some, none for sale though. Then, I've heard that Honda genrally has the issue of tires coming off, i.e. Seperating from the axle/ bearing. Front tires especially. Dyu have anything on this?
That is a function of inferior china cloned suspension parts that has massively flooded the Nigeria Honda market. Get a good honda parts dealer and you will never experience that, trust me.
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by ikeyman00(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2012
@@@@^^^u dey mind then

use original spare
Re: I Need Advise On Baby Boi And Camry 2000 by baaliyah(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
@ ikemanoo, Original or fake parts, some cars have inherent manufacture problems. If you want to advertise ur spare parts shop go ahead. I use a honda currently (not baby boy) I enjoy it more than my former and current Toyotas. The key words are proper maintenance and observance. Nobody says Honda is bad, we are saying what we observe from experience. If u have a point to support either of the brands make it.

(1) (Reply)

Car Steering Lock / The Gallant BMW 7 Series. / Mercedes Introduced The S 600 Guard, Whats Your Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.