Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

#ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far (1853 Views)

Why Are Nigeria Used Ford Cars So Cheap / My Journey So Far As A Keke Rider... / These Are The 15 Safest 2018 Cars So Far - IIHS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by Yomi2018: 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hello All,
I'm creating this discussion platform for all Ford users especially in Nigeria & those that have option of buying Ford Cars but are confuse.
The discussion is simply for ford users to share their experience so far, the biggest challenge, what & what was tried, the final resolution and possible cost of repair & spare part.
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by Yomi2018: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
#Experience 1
Ford Escape 2005, foreign used, import it myself from USA, Mileage at purchase 110,000Mi, status at purchase-Run&drive, fault at purchase- Rear Bumper drop off.
- My first car & 1st Ford experience, amazingly rugged car, doesn't give any major issue, no spectacular maintenance method except i followed manufacturer recommendation, service at 5,000miles + Motorcraft Oil filter.
Minor repair in 34 months - brake pad replacement, silencer fixing & catalyst cleaning
Major Repair - 2 major repair

1. AC Repair - A/C stopped cooling

Attempt - 3 A/C Mechanic worked on it.

1st A/C man - refill the gas, tested it went down in less than 24hrs
2nd A/C Man - troubleshoot insist on replacing compressor. Changed compressor & refill the gas. A/C stop cooling less than 24hrs
3rd A/c Man - Troubleshoot insist on checking & replacing evaporator. Evaporator removed checked no major leakage discovered fixed back the A/C stop cooling less than 24hrs
I returned the car for check again luckily the man discover major hose cut on the hose that connect Compressor to evaporator.
& that resolve it finally. A whole 2days job with personal supervision.

2. Fuel Rail sensor failure ; The vehicle shows check engine symbol faulty on dashboard but did not stop the car from working for years but later the car started stopping in traffic & you will have to wait few minute before it comes up again a-times may not come up for long time.

Attempt - Two mechanic try to fix still same though moving but stopping in traffic. Finally after different attempt the mechanic said is rewire work, so we contacted a rewire experience in ford repair & he simply remove the Fuel rail sensor & replaced with another one all this in less than 10mins and that is all even for check engine signs.

Attempt -
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by ruby360: 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
I personally don't like Ford cars. Respect to Henry Ford anyway, he started the car revolution but the generation of engineers the company had towed the way of Nokia. The reason Japanese sells better is because of its simplicity. Car companies are learning the hard now by removing complex mechanical systems.
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by Yomi2018: 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
#Experience 2
Ford Edge 2011, foreign used, import it myself from USA, Mileage at purchase 62,000Mi, Fault at purchase- Water Flood.

Nice Car, amazing technology, superb design very compact.

Major Issue so far; Brake

Attempt; Repaired twice by the mechanic, Master Cylinder first replaced with tokunbo, failed again in a week or so, i opt for brand new from recommended Ford manufacturer USA, installed it, work better but on high speed if you have to stop for unexpected the brake pedal will go down completely before halt to stop.
Still looking for final solution, if you have experienced same please share how it was resolved.
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 23, 2018
Yomi2018:
#Experience 2
Ford Edge 2011, foreign used, import it myself from USA, Mileage at purchase 62,000Mi, Fault at purchase- Water Flood.

Attempt; Repaired twice by the mechanic, Master Cylinder first replaced with tokunbo, failed again in a week or so, i opt for brand new from recommended Ford manufacturer USA, installed it, work better but on high speed if you have to stop for unexpected the brake pedal will go down completely before halt to stop.
Still looking for final solution, if you have experienced same please share how it was resolved.

What was the original failure on the brake?

If it were me, I would make sure that the new master is a direct replacement of the old one (compare part numbers). Seems to me that there is a capacity issue.
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:23am On Mar 23, 2018
Yomi2018:
#Experience 2

Defective abs pump.
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by snipesdam(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Defective abs pump.

Exactly what i thought...
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by Yomi2018: 5:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

What was the original failure on the brake?

If it were me, I would make sure that the new master is a direct replacement of the old one (compare part numbers). Seems to me that there is a capacity issue.

Original failure - brake pedal feels squishy, won't stop on the way down unless you pump it, or the brake pedal sinks to the floor with little or no resistance. brake fluid reservoir full no sign of leakages

My 2nd option - i did a complete replacement of Master Cylinder ordered from Motorcraft but not with servo.
Though I experienced the same thing when on high speed & had to stop suddenly, however i already have another mechanic checked it & i will give update soon!
Re: #ford Cars - My Biggest Repair Challenge So Far by Yomi2018: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Defective abs pump.

Hmm... I have that advice too from the mechanic, i will give a feedback if it works.

(1) (Reply)

That Honda Accord Front End Embarrassment / Toyota Camry Muscle Issue / Nissan GTR Fast But Not That Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.