Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal (16878 Views)

BVN: No More Deadline Extension, CBN Warns / Nigeria’s Economy Could Slip Into Recession, CBN Warns / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by killuminati(m): 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
hbrednic:
^^makes no sense
as in how?grin
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by ektbear: 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2012
kbdrim:
Mtcheew..Our military cannot even prevent an asthma attack!

grin grin grin
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by cashcpt(m): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2012
shymmex:

Nigeria is the one acting like America's satellite state...

They should nationalize the company - and tell both Russia and US to fvck off...

Corrections GEJ is America's boy Russia can go to blazes the Supreme Court has spoken besides West Africa is not their sphere of influence highest they wld do is finance the Bokos to harass Goodluck administration
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Biggysmalls919(m): 12:16am On Jul 13, 2012
bilateral trade with russia? Thats wierd. Not bothered.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Biafrarep(m): 1:56am On Jul 13, 2012
shymmex:

USA is the coward - it's always looking for proxies to fight its wars...

Mother Russia has never lost a war on home soil, but the same can't be said of USA. grin
what are u talkin about, USSR suffered excruciating defeat in the hands of Nazi Germany that culminated in the siege of Stalingrad which resulted in thousands of deaths daily 2ru starvation n air raids b4 d alied forces came 2 dea rescue! So tell me wea or when US lost a war @ home?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Biafrarep(m): 2:12am On Jul 13, 2012
Arogunmasa: D cold war era is nt over yet. The us needs our steel to build her war armanda same for Russia
is Armanda not d name of a girl? I guess u wanted 2 write armada!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by kobikwelu(m): 2:34am On Jul 13, 2012
Sad...

my concern is to investigate how the process was done which brought about the winner....

And as per proxy wars, sadly, Nigeria is US territory....but i dont understand how the US is involved in this issue....
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Blyss: 4:11am On Jul 13, 2012
Nigeria is America's biatch, Russia better fu..ck off before we shove a nuke up their azz, for fucking with our stuff. angry
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2012
Russia,useless and corrupt country.
Elueme: Nigeria reserves the right to protect her primary interest, same Russia would have done if confronted with similar situation... They should shit their treat and employ a more diplomatic approach in seeking redress.. What bilateral relations are they referring? Parasitic one I guess
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by JimmyBoy1: 6:31am On Jul 13, 2012
Nonsense, I followed this Rusal case from the botched privatisation process, Rusal should just shut -up because the Amreican consortium actually won the bidding, I am sure the Nigerian factor came in someone did wayo to give ownership of Rusal.

I repeat it, they cant do Jack.

Abrahamovich use to be the major shareholder, I dont know if he still has stake in the company, they should just shut-up.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Russians are corrupt just as nigerians.
Wallie: Scary how people are just so quick to blame the US for their dog eating poo instead of eba! Let’s try to recap the facts as it happened:

1. RUSAL and BFI Group sent bids to BPE over ALSCON;
2. RUSAL submitted a bid for $205 million;
3. BFI submitted a bid for $410 million;
4. RUSAL did not pay the required $1 million for participating in the bid process but not disqualified;
5. BFI declared winner on 14th April 2004 due to higher bid;
6. BPE disqualifies BFI because they claimed the 10% bid price was not paid within 15 working-days;
7. BFI takes BPE to court;
8. BFI wins in the Supreme Court.

Yet some conspiracy theorists are blaming the US? Isn’t clear that RUSAL was highly favored from the beginning and the privatization process was a scam? Have you guys seen the legislative report that ALSCON was really worth $3 billion? Let's even assume that the $3 billion figure is highly exaggerated and ALSCON is really worth half of that. Aren't you guys curious who made out with the remaining $1.295 billion?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by vilively: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2012
Nigeria is only doing this to gain the favor of the US.in this our Boko times they want the support of USA which they have not been getting ...and so this requires desperate measures just to gain their favor.

Its just sad,how we let these couNtries trample on us as they wish
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Mbuko91(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Callimo:

I very much think there is great need for both AGE and BRAIN verification before one is allowed into this forum, hence forth. Some people just post shits here.

Is Nigeria so low that we make ourselves sorry and laughing pictures to even some useless countries of the world. What?!

There is no nation in this world where you dont see Nigerians doing great things. We are a country of geniuses guys.
and how have these 'ingenuities and geniuses' curbed d boko haram menace?no doubt we av intellect but we apply it in pilfering and usurping power and manipulating justice...its an aphorism brother....
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by sunkoye: 7:36am On Jul 13, 2012
i know my presy for don dey shit for pants now......but now dat supreme court cannot reverse it self unko?,then make russia park well joor!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by coldhearts(f): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2012
caught in the middle btw usa and russia, could this get any better?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by sunkoye: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Biafra rep: what are u talkin about, USSR suffered excruciating defeat in the hands of Nazi Germany that culminated in the siege of Stalingrad which resulted in thousands of deaths daily 2ru starvation n air raids b4 d alied forces came 2 dea rescue! So tell me wea or when US lost a war @ home?
tnx jare. shymmex with fake history knowledge. if not for the allied that came to their rescue, the so called mother russia wouldnt av recovered till date.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Biafrarep(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2012
sunkoye: tnx jare. shymmex with fake history knowledge. if not for the allied that came to their rescue, the so called mother russia wouldnt av recovered till date.
Don't mind the dude.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by ODB1: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2012
Putin's russia is a bully.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Bastiger(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2012
Was that supposed to be a threat or what? Well this will be a test of wits between 9ja and russia and also a true test os our sovereignity as a nation though bedeviled with so many problems.i'm keeping my fingers crossed to see if that supreme court ruling will be quashed.f.ucking russians
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by movers82(m): 8:37am On Jul 13, 2012
Biafra rep: what are u talkin about, USSR suffered excruciating defeat in the hands of Nazi Germany that culminated in the siege of Stalingrad which resulted in thousands of deaths daily 2ru starvation n air raids b4 d alied forces came 2 dea rescue! So tell me wea or when US lost a war @ home?

You got it wrong concerning allied forces coming to the rescus of the Soviets. The Russians fought the war single handedly and defeated the Germans with no external military force.That victory over Germans at Stalingrad now know as Volgograd was the turning point in the war for the Russian as they pushed Germans back to Berlin.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by faithin9ja: 8:45am On Jul 13, 2012
Wallie: Scary how people are just so quick to blame the US for their dog eating poo instead of eba! Let’s try to recap the facts as it happened:

1. RUSAL and BFI Group sent bids to BPE over ALSCON;
2. RUSAL submitted a bid for $205 million;
3. BFI submitted a bid for $410 million;
4. RUSAL did not pay the required $1 million for participating in the bid process but not disqualified;
5. BFI declared winner on 14th April 2004 due to higher bid;
6. BPE disqualifies BFI because they claimed the 10% bid price was not paid within 15 working-days;
7. BFI takes BPE to court;
8. BFI wins in the Supreme Court.

Yet some conspiracy theorists are blaming the US? Isn’t clear that RUSAL was highly favored from the beginning and the privatization process was a scam? Have you guys seen the legislative report that ALSCON was really worth $3 billion? Let's even assume that the $3 billion figure is highly exaggerated and ALSCON is really worth half of that. Aren't you guys curious who made out with the remaining $1.295 billion?

True word

And since the Russians have taken over how much have they actualy produced? They blame lack of power, yet they say they have their own power plant.
It obvious inconivance with corrt Nigerian officials these Russians bought this plant at half the price the Americans were prepared to pay.

To those my US hating friends, which company would rather work for; Chevron or Gazprom?

For once our courts have been able to take a brave decision and Russia starts diplomatic pressure, can this be right?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by gulfer: 8:59am On Jul 13, 2012
In the first instance, selling to the Russians was wrong as the Americans appear to have the highest bid value...Time to retrospect, who supervised the sale in the first place?
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by andrewu1(m): 9:28am On Jul 13, 2012
shymmex:

USA is the coward - it's always looking for proxies to fight its wars...

Mother Russia has never lost a war on home soil, but the same can't be said of USA. grin
very true, america is a country full of cowards who prefer to destabilize other country for their own selfish interest
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by otokx(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2012
They should do the right thing.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by rawagee: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2012
donedy: I think the United States is behind this; Using GEJ as a means to get whatever he it needs.
Mek you check for me wether my promotion is going to come soon. Its like you're a good fortune teller! Exactly thats the reason.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by rhymz(m): 9:50am On Jul 13, 2012
I am even in doubt if the russians actually paid the said $200 million, they are just as corrupt as Nigerian politicians and business man. I heard the workers there are not paid well. And by the way, this company claims to generate its own power so why are they citing PHCN as reason for their low production turn out.
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by pingyuear: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2012
here goes our nuclear power plant!
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Parnassuss(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2012
Men, screw Russia! So they no fit respect Supreme Court ruling! Make dem chop wet shitt joor, after all almost about 60-70% of bunkered crude goes into one commie's pocket! War ke, gidigbo ni!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2012
sunkoye: tnx jare. shymmex with fake history knowledge. if not for the allied that came to their rescue, the so called mother russia wouldnt av recovered till date.

very very wrong bro, Russia fought their way out, singlehandedly fought off the Germans out of Russia, forced dem back to Germany, sigle-handedly carried out the Berlin invasion, put their red army flag on Hitler's bunker, went into china fought off the america, went to Vietnam and fought off the america, went to the Korea war and forced the Americans to call for negotiation, almost invaded america during the Cuba missile crises, nigger don't Bleep with Russia
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Biafrarep(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
crusifis:

very very wrong bro, Russia fought their way out, singlehandedly fought off the Germans out of Russia, forced dem back to Germany, sigle-handedly carried out the Berlin invasion, put their red army flag on Hitler's bunker, went into china fought off the america, went to Vietnam and fought off the america, went to the Korea war and forced the Americans to call for negotiation, almost invaded america during the Cuba missile crises, nigger don't Bleep with Russia
why are u peddling half truths? Britain and France were already pummeling d Nazis from d west and dea resources became stretched. USA pulled out of Vietnam whn d vietcongs resorted 2 guerila method of warfare in d jungles. You failed 2 mention dat ur almighty Russia was so badly pummelled by d Afghans that they had 2 beat a hasty retreat wit dea tails inbetween dea legs!

1 Like

Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by Biafrarep(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
movers82:

You got it wrong concerning allied forces coming to the rescus of the Soviets. The Russians fought the war single handedly and defeated the Germans with no external military force.That victory over Germans at Stalingrad now know as Volgograd was the turning point in the war for the Russian as they pushed Germans back to Berlin.
No! No!! U miss d point, the Nazis were about 2 vanquish Russia until d allied forces stratigically attacked d Germans from d west, d Nazis became stretched and had 2 pull resources back from Russia and Poland in an effort 2 contain d allies, dat wz whn Russia had some reprieve!
Re: Russia Warns Nigeria Over Supreme Court Ruling On Rusal by movers82(m): 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
Biafra rep: No! No!! U miss d point, the Nazis were about 2 vanquish Russia until d allied forces stratigically attacked d Germans from d west, d Nazis became stretched and had 2 pull resources back from Russia and Poland in an effort 2 contain d allies, dat wz whn Russia had some reprieve!

The war right from inception was been fought between Germans and the allied forces not until Germany decided to invade Russia. So all along the the allied forces has been attcking the west of Germany and not just when Stalingrad was undersiege. My point beign that the Russia victory was by no means enhanced by the attack of the allied forces from the west as that has been the case even before Russia was attacked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At What Age Should One Be A Millionaire? / Naira Shrinks To N1,135/$ At Parallel Market / FG To Provide Support For Export Of 200m SIM Cards Offshore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.