Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. (24369 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2012
Enugu looks rather fhucked up from the Sky!!
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Lisa1: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2012
afam4eva:
Go and get an unlimited plan.

noted, thanks.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2012
Can you upload a google earth view of the Presidential Villa, close-up view? Don't ask me why; just do it.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by abhosts(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2012
Ibadan and Akure are the least appealing. Looks like a scene viewed on a "Brown" and White television. Abuja is the best and is expected to be, since it is the newest city among them all.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by emisun(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2012
nagoma: This is not the Aba I know.

what were u expectin
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 13, 2012
abhosts: Ibadan and Akure are the least appealing. Looks like a scene viewed on a "Brown" and White television.

its because the image is either 2001 or 2003. am using the latest version of google earth and the image is 2010 image.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2012
Danka7777: Can you upload a google earth view of the Presidential Villa, close-up view? Don't ask me why; just do it.

Boko Haram Alert!!

I am sure that the presidential villa will be off-limits to Google earth! So as would be military areas and key sensitive places like Nuclear facilities and stuff like that
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju: Aba just blew my mind... Thats a well planned city.. Just badly developed..

Ibadan looks very poorly mapped out.. Just the one major road, and a cluster of houses..

Nice observation. Aba has the best grid I have seen, probably in Africa. I am still in awe at Aba's grid.

For Ibadan and Akure, the city planners that mapped out these cities, if they were still alive ought to be arrested. How could they have done such a mediocre work? They obviously didn't have a clue on what to do. All they could had done if they had a sense of humility in themselves was to call their counterparts in Aba and Onitsha and seek their advice but out of jealousy they messed up a segment of this beautiful country.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by seankola(m): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2012
DEAR NAIRALANDERS, I ONLY DECIDED TO COMMENT BECAUSE OF THE COMMENTS I SAW HERE. ASIDE THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE RESPONSES CAN'T APPRECIATE WHAT A FELLOW HAS DONE BY MAKING THESE PICS AVAILABLE, THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE IN NIGERIA IS QUITE OBVIOUS. WHY DO WE CURSE CITIES WE'VE NEVER BEEN TO OR EVEN GO TRIBAL ON THIS OCCASSION?
I REALLY DOUBT IF WE ARE CAPABLE OF APPRECIATING LITTLE THINGS AND MAKE GREATER THINGS FROM THEM. THESE PICS ARE SUPPOSED TO SHOW DETAILED INFO OF THE POPULAR NIGERIAN CITIES SHOWING THEIR TOPOGRAPHIC FEATURED AND SPATIAL INFO. INSTEAD OF APPRECIATING THESE, WE THROW SHAMEFUL COMMENTS AND ARGUE LIKE WE RECEIVED NO FORM OF FORMAL EDUCATION. DOES ANY THINK ANYTHING CAN BE DONE TO CHANGE THESE CITIES? OUR PAST GENERATIONS HAVE GRADUALLY SETTLED IN CITIES AND HAVE PUT LAND TO ITS BEST USE (atleast to the best of their knowledge), SO LET'S JUST USE OUR BRAINZ WHEN COMMENTING. COMMENTS ARE MEANT TO ADD VALUE AND APPRECIATE NOT TO RIDICULE. A SPECIAL CASE IS THIS WHERE MOST HAVEN'T SEEN A BIRD's EYE VIEW BEFORE NOR EVEN KNOW WHAT IT MEANS...
I WILL LIKE TO ALSO ADD THAT MAYBE MOST OF THOSE THAT USE THE INTERNET SHOULD JUST LIMIT THEIR PARTICIPATION TO FACEBOOK. COS IF U PASS SUCH STUPID COMMENTS ON FB,WE ARE ANLE TO SEE THE CULPRIT'S FACE N PROFILE.

1 Like

Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

Boko Haram Alert!!

I am sure that the presidential villa will be off-limits to Google earth! So as would be military areas and key sensitive places like Nuclear facilities and stuff like that
Lol! I knew there were some restrictions. Just wanted to see the mountains and ridge!
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Les: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2012
antitpiah: Where is the bird?
i think d bird is in outer space. Dat's where i last saw it!
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2012
Danka7777:

Nice observation. Aba has the best grid I have seen, probably in Africa. I am still in awe at Aba's grid.

For Ibadan and Akure, the city planners that these cities, if they were still alive ought to be arrested. How could they have done such a mediocre work?

I think the case with Akure and Ibadan was most likely a case of planning after execution.. The City must have gone through a lot of mediocre governments who lacked foresight and a vision for what the city might become in the future.. So they just kept leeting the city plan itself as it grew...

My guess would be that the city already existed before the planning so that must have limited what they could do..
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by adoniza(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Nice views
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by ukpaku: 9:49am On Jul 13, 2012
kai ibadan too dirteee
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Lordave: 9:52am On Jul 13, 2012
Aba aka 'the table city'
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Lordave: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2012
Aba aka 'the table city'. Sorry 4 Enugu & Ibadan.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 13, 2012
apocalypse:

Aba from a birds eye view might look good but on ground it isn't pretty. You'll see human excrement on the ground and in the gutters ( people actually use the gutter as their toilets ). Yeah you can get lots of stuff to buy for sale down in Lagos or other cities , it is wise to go with someone who knows his way around. I can give you the addresses of Yoruba men ( seeing you are Yoruba ) who live there and can be of help in your quest

My friend we are not talking about neatness and sanitary of the city. This thread is solely about "planning".
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by dabrake(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2012
Aba is on point. Now, I believe my secondary school geography teacher when he said Aba is the most planned city in Nigeria

Ibadan, as usual, will never disappoint me with its 'planless planlessness'
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by emmyitodo: 10:04am On Jul 13, 2012
@poster....pls try include the northern states lets get a bigger picture of nigeria from the birds eye.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:06am On Jul 13, 2012
dabrake: Aba is on point. Now, I believe my secondary school geography teacher when he said Aba is the most planned city in Nigeria

"Planless Planlessness".... I die!!!
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by edey2real: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2012
@all clamouring about Aba, i believe it's cos u hav not been there. Even the Abians knw it's d worst place in d state. If it rained for 15-30mins in Aba, just know dt dat's d end of activities for that day. The Ariaria Intl markt is nt properly managed aswell despite wt they produce.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by denzel2009: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2012
dabrake: Aba is on point. Now, I believe my secondary school geography teacher when he said Aba is the most planned city in Nigeria

To make loads of fake stuff, you need proper planning.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Willy411: 10:12am On Jul 13, 2012
Abagworo: Enugu
i like that of enugu is well plan too.
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2012
edey2real: @all clamouring about Aba, i believe it's cos u hav not been there. Even the Abians knw it's d worst place in d state. If it rained for 15-30mins in Aba, just know dt dat's d end of activities for that day. The Ariaria Intl markt is nt properly managed aswell despite wt they produce.

Nwokem.. Focus on town planning and not management.. Thats what this topic is about..

The Plan of Ibadan and Akure resembles the Character of its inhabitant.. Disorganized and Lazy!!

I wonder what the people of their "Urban and regional Town Planning Commission" do to earn their wages!!?

Prolly Play draughts and eat Amala..
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by ericmooret: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2012
antitpiah: Where is the bird?
you are still looking for the bird? Wait, it will land for Nairaland!
Re: Bird Eye View Of Nigerian Cities. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2012
I wasn't surprised at Enugu. Had to do some research and found out that It was the same Ajibola Bamidele who planned Ibadan also planned it. Not surprised at all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Skater Holds On To A Motorcycle In Motion In Ibadan (Pics) / Ogba-Ukwu Rocky Cave In Anambra State (Photos) / Rivers State Completes Ikoku Flyover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.