Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Can A Graduate Of Petroleum Engineering By Recruited Into The Military? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Graduate Of Petroleum Engineering By Recruited Into The Military? (2439 Views)

1.4m Nigerian Youths To Be Recruited As Traffic Wardens / People With Flat-Foot Cant Be In The Military: Why? / List Of Candidates Recruited Into The Npf As Cadet Asps And Inspectors (ict Prof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Graduate Of Petroleum Engineering By Recruited Into The Military? by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 13, 2012
Please, I need insight. By military, I mean the army, navy and airforce. Thanks.
Re: Can A Graduate Of Petroleum Engineering By Recruited Into The Military? by lonamy: 7:13am On Jul 13, 2012
If I understand you very well, "Can a graduate of Petroleum Engineering be recruited into the military?"
Well, I am not a military man, but I worked with a military base during my NYSC service in NASME Barracks North Bank, Makurdi.

I met a computer graduate as a second lieutenant, a geology grad as a colonel. They are all graduate of different disciplines.
As long as you meet all the requirement, you can be recruited into the force.

I will try and get you the email address of someone I know in the military that can give you more insight into this.
But I have a worry about you. If you are a PE grad, abd you graduated with quality class of grade minimum 2:1 even 2:2, why going military, do you want to go and live that their reckless womanising, alcoholism style of live?

You can do well in the oil and gas industry if you did well academically. Well you have your reasons anyway.
Re: Can A Graduate Of Petroleum Engineering By Recruited Into The Military? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2012
Thanks a lot for your response. I am currently a PE student and I am looking for an alternative career path. To
be precise, I look forward to joining the Nigerian Navy but I want to know first-hand what relevance my degree
will be in the Navy.
As regards reckless living, I think that is more of a function of individual attitude than a general trait.
The email address will be highly appreciated. You can reach me through my email address oke.agituedor@live.com.

Once again, thanks for your kind response.

(1) (Reply)

I Have 2 Jobs Which Do I Choose / Jubaili Bros Calls For Interview / List Of Successful Candidates For Admission Into N.D.A PG Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.