Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Do You Really Love Your Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Really Love Your Job? (3119 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / What Do You Really Love to Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Love Your Job? by nightrider: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2006
i loved my job , but now i'm getting sick of sitting in front of a computer screen for endless hours. I'd rather be in the film industry moving from location to location. I'm tired.

if money wasn't a factor [would you still be doing your job?]
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Seun(m): 7:44am On Apr 06, 2006
There are days when I want to abandon my duty as a forum administrator, but then I remember that this forum is my only productive venture. So here I am posting on the forum and moderating whether or not I find it interesting!

Do I really love my job? Well I love 60% of it! One day I'll dump it on someone else.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Oyin100(f): 8:07am On Apr 06, 2006
I used to love the industry I'm working in until lately, when i started losing enthusiasm fast! Just changed jobs yet, I still feel empty.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by dm(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2006
[size=20pt]WOW[/size] good question there,
I love my job with a passion.I work in a MAD-HOUSE lol
I work in a radio house grin wink kiss
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by nightrider: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2006
i'm so not into my job now, if i had my way i'd be in the film industry. i feel i'm in a box, just staring at my screen and banging out concepts that allows my boss bill his clients billions every year. But i'm not making full use of my potential as a youth.

Nobody ever got rich on a salary sad
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:40am On Apr 06, 2006
so u wanna get rich huh? lol

If your job has room for progression like further studies and training in other environment you should consider that
or

Start making contact in the film industry / do a part-time course in performing arts/drama wink
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by OldGlory1(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2006
Yeah Men!

I have to say I love my Job a lot. I work with Mad cool people and i have tried to quit for the last two years and i have not been able to leave my co-workers. It is a small firm with 25 Employees and a great owner. We hit our Numbers for last year, and went on a trip to Niagara Falls, limo and all expenses paid. I am the Only Minority that works there, but i do not even remember that, when i am at work and the great benefits also make the job fun. Yeah i have to say i love it a lot.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by nightrider: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2006
cool
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Makeda(f): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2006
Hell NO!!!! I hate my job and my boss, because I have way more education and I am way smarter than she is.!!! I have to help her with everything, and pick up her slack! The worst part is when something she was supposed to take care of goes wrong, and her boss gets up in her face about why a project she was supposed to work on was not completed, guess who she blames it on? That's right, me. angry I am just praying for my break through so that I can start my own business and get my butt out of that company ASAP! More power to the people who have jobs they love! grin grin
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by dagaro(m): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2006
Makeda: I wish you the best. cool For me I love my job.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Oracle(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2006
If i had a job i woulda decided whether i love it or not
but for now i have to love my exams

Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by bagoma(f): 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2006
NO sir! i do not love my job. the only reason i do the job is because i dont have a choice cos i need the money. lately i have been feeling like i'm wasting away my whole life. seriously thinking of a carreer change. will do something about it soon!
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by silky(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2006
That depends  undecided

I love my profession with a passion grin but not my current job.  I "loved" it when I started 16 months ago but it seems to have gone stale now.  

Think about it most of us will spend half our lives working, if not more.  If you love your profession you will find it easy to love your job, even if that means a change of environment.  

So do I really love my job? Yes, the temporary ups and downs? No
smiley
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by wiseguy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2006
I like the industry but not where I work. You can only love where I work if you are a gossip. You will get all the encouragement from the boss if you become one of his "minister of information". I am still there up till now because I like the money but am not happy. I am really thinking of quitting in the next 2 or 3 months. I want to set up something of my own and watch it grow with the help of God.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by diyobdw(f): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2006
It an intersting one.Enjoying d daily challenges, get some bills off my pocket. cheesy cheesy cheesy
and av learnt 80% more than i learnt in school in just 3yrs! grin grin grin grin
Am a very diverse fellow and i get to experiment some of my idea via my job. wink
Yes i do love my job expect for that i will prefer to be my own boss. undecided
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by dessi(f): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2006
Hm, yes i like my job. I dont love it, the only thing i would love is to winn at lotery cheesy But this job i like it cos i can work from home, when i wanna and how much time i wanna , the salary is pretty cool , the company is from USA so they give me better salary than in Romania . How to not like it when they pay me even when i write on Nairalanf forum ? grin
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by my2cents(m): 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2006
i no go lie o! I no like my job, in the following context: I don't like having to wake up and show up at a certain time, subjected to working under someone's conditions, etc. As far as what I do, I love it. If only I had the capital, I would do it on my own and hire you guys who would then say they don't like their job working for me grin
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by kenshin(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2006
I love my profession grin but I hate my job! sad
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by 27emmy(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2006
hello,

Though my job takes 80% of my time but all things been equal I still love it with passion.

olu[/b]
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by raphy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 07, 2006
hi all!
i like the question that u guys ask,well am not working but i take life as it comes my way.
u all know tejusho model market yaba? i think so there r some guys they call basket boys.
if u ask them about there job they 'll tell u no pain no gain they work hard all day  cry
because it is better than 2 steal u know when i was in ss3 i needed money 4 my exams so i took
to that job i can't tell u all that i h8 it cry but if u sit down for 24hrs aday n u don't know wht 2 do
u can steal, so am taking life as it comes  my wayor what should i do then? cry sad
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by otokx(m): 7:58pm On Apr 07, 2006
I like my Job. Indeed it has afforded my the avenue of meeting different shades of people with diverse cultures and ideologies. I am also opportuned to understand a lot of the theoretical arguments that exist in such fields as management, psychology, accounting and taxation.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Abbihh: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2006
Hey people!, Nice to hear what you all had to say about your jobs.

I was thinking the same way most of you guys were until a few days ago. If you really want to do something for yourself, use your brain. I don't mean to sound rough especially on those that aren't happy with what they are doing (don't forget I was thinking the same way until a few days ago). I would recommend you guys to go and get yourself a copy of that book - Rich Dad, Poor Dad. If you can get the audio CD, then do so. Don't work for money. Make your money work for you. I picked up a few tips there and I can tell you, I am not waiting until that BIG break we are all waiting for anymore. I am making it happen. Every day counts. Find a reason why you don't want to be an average person and form a personal program to get out of it. Then stick to it. Its no magic but you will find yourself waking up everyday looking forward to the challenges and opportunities the day holds and also the opportunity to use your mind positively for yourself. You are presently on that job because somebody needed someone more intelligent that they are.So if you think you are better than your boss, you are probably right!!!! Thats the reason you were employed in the first place. But please don't forget that the same way you are thinking of leaving that job, is the same way someone else is praying hard for it. And for those of you that love your job, do the same, make your money work for you, So There! Its all in your hands folks, Use the 'Grey Matter'. All the very best.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by shockreaction(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2006
Sure do. smiley

@OP: You probably burnt out, or something, you need to take breaks, yanno? tongue
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by GentleSoul2: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2006
I love my job to bits! wink
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by mide2(f): 9:44pm On Apr 08, 2006
I loved my profession so much but now, i can't say that with my hand on my chest. Still love it but not as much as i used to. Thinking seriously of doing something about it. And my present job, i don't think i can hate it enuff. I'm there cuz i have to be, would soon get the hell outta there.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by kimba(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2006
really love my job? nah,

making do with it coz ive got some breezing internet access? oh yes.

if i did not have internet access? would i be here? hell no.

my profession is not in this nigerian picture: myself in a laboratory, wizzing around the 4-corners of my office in a rolling-chair, checking books and manuals, and trying to come up with a transistor with just 2-terminals. If I can do that, every electronic equipment can be reduced by 50% in size. Then ive arrived.

till then, im still here in NL.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by trips(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2006
shocked my job is definately crazy thats the kick i get from it and make i think of the money aspect i no fit shout grin
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Rottweiler(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2006
I love me job with a passion. One reason is because it is a multi-national where there are procedures for everything. I get all is due me and even some that I don't expect. we have a very vibrant UNION that have made our management reverse one or two anti-people decisions in the past. Our standard here is comparable to any of our branches in any part of the world. I guess I am opportuned!

All said and done, I still feel bad because of the society in which I have found myself. I can't run my generator the way I want because I know I would be exposing my status. Can't buy the kind car I desire because I would need an armed mobile policeman for security. When you feel fulfilled in the midst of the hungry, JUST KNOW THAT YOUR EXISTENCE IS THREATENED. I pray that God will give us a leader/leadership that would be able to transform Nigeria so that the average man on the street can have a good source of income, shelter, food, clean water, electricity, security, etc,
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Consultant(f): 3:45am On Apr 24, 2006
I like my job. It pays well and allows me to work from home sometimes. But if money were not an issue, i would probably be a teacher, that's where my passion lies.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by wills(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2006
I love the business of logistics and SCM, but I can't practice the core of this profession in my present location, because all the white guys get the really serious aspect of the business, also the salary sucks, and the HR policies are  poor ,unjust and unfavourable. The job take over 10hrs of my time for 6 days of the week… don’t mind working long hours, but I rather do this in a job function I prefare and like, whats more the pay should  be worth it.
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by freddie1(m): 8:37pm On May 03, 2006
I do really love my job!
Re: Do You Really Love Your Job? by Renike(f): 11:46pm On May 03, 2006
of being a student?

NOPE, i totally dislike it sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? / 2015/2016 Commonwealth Master’s And Phd Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth / Meet Nigerian Female Soldier In The US Army Who Is A Sniper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.