Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? (1222 Views)

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2012
after church you go home and you play jay z and kanye wests no church in the wild. some of you listen to lil wayne, nicki minaj, lady gaga, usher and co all singing about sexxxx, clubing, dancing, getting reetarded etc. why are christians still listening to these kind of music?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by braine(m): 12:08am On Jul 14, 2012
I thought the same way too. I see some of my christian friends including the Jehovah's Witnesses listen to these songs. They even have the latest of them and I wonder.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by ijawkid(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2012
braine: I thought the same way too. I see some of my christian friends including the Jehovah's Witnesses listen to these songs. They even have the latest of them and I wonder.

Ok the lyrics shuld be d main issue.......

If I have to listen to songs then they shuldnt contain immoral words,words encouraging d use of drugs,words that encourage violence etc...

There shuld be a balance bro...

Balance is d key point....

Because we shuld ponder over wholesome things to upbuild ourselves...

If I may ask u,don't u listen to rythm and blues that have got good,sound lyrics??
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2012
@ ijawkid well i think even these lyrics are on particular themes i feel is against christian teachings
but why do christians still consist of the largest consumers of these artists who clearly from their music are against your christianity
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by tobechi74: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2012
I wantd to start a thread on this but you beat me to it.

After church, i was singing HEAL THE WORLD by micheal jackson...i was chriticised so i stopped...

On my way home, i heard a church singing BULIEYA ELU by p-square..,.

QUESTION
what sort of song are christians banned from singing
does it depend on the beat or rhythm?
Does it depend on the singer?
does it depend on the lyrics and mesage?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2012
tobechi74: I wantd to start a thread on this but you beat me to it.

After church, i was singing HEAL THE WORLD by micheal jackson...i was chriticised so i stopped...

On my way home, i heard a church singing BULIEYA ELU by p-square..,.

QUESTION
what sort of song are christians banned from singing
does it depend on the beat or rhythm?
Does it depend on the singer?
does it depend on the lyrics and mesage?

you dont need to ban people from singing. but you need to look at the whole scenario with a very open heart
and consider young christians who are supposed to be born again listen to these crappy music when clearly every one is getting aware that these music is against their religion. is christianity that liberal that you can be a fan of lil waynes demoralizing music and still claim to be a christian? thats hypocrisy
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by Delafruita(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2012
diluminati:

you dont need to ban people from singing. but you need to look at the whole scenario with a very open heart
and consider young christians who are supposed to be born again listen to these crappy music when clearly every one is getting aware that these music is against their religion. is christianity that liberal that you can be a fan of lil waynes demoralizing music and still claim to be a christian? thats hypocrisy
is it only lil wayne that is secular music?dont people listen to taylor swift,john denver,greenday,backstreet boys?
the OP didnt intend secular music to mean foreign music.listening to tuface,sunny ade,fela,MI,asa,onyeka onwenu etc could also be classified as listening to secular music.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
is it only lil wayne that is secular music?dont people listen to taylor swift,john denver,greenday,backstreet boys?
the OP didnt intend secular music to mean foreign music.listening to tuface,sunny ade,fela,MI,asa,onyeka onwenu etc could also be classified as listening to secular music.

foreign music = secular music and vice versa. but i think you get my point.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by eddy1977(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2012
i guess you should say " why do SOME " christians listen to secular music.
the answer then would be easy. how many of these christians do you know? have you summoned the courage to ask them personally? and above all, why do you care? do they need your permission to listen to anything?

what is a secular song anyway? is the national anthem a christian or secular song? can a christian sing it?

before i forget, have u also asked the question: why do some unbelievers listen to gospel songs?
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by Excell50: 3:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
u turn to ur radio station u wuldn't hear a gosple song play expect 4 sundays, many and hour or two and it's all 4 the week.
Re: Why Do Christians Still Listen To Secular Music? by ijawkid(m): 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
@diluminati.....

When it comes to music I can't rili just condemn d genres of song people shuld listen to...

What I'll judge is d lyrics persons listen to...

We shuld be choosy....
We can't jus listen to every trash that comes our way...

I knw many christians have started to listen to every and any song that they hear wether good or vile..
But not all..

D only problem I also have is when these songs are dragged into d house of God...then I even get more pissed... grin

(1) (Reply)

Christianity: My Journey So Far By Ijabla Raymond / How Do I Correct My Pastor / RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.