Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (214023 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 12:28am On Jan 08, 2009
lowee231
pls,read the attached file.Cheers
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 10:47am On Jan 08, 2009
Good day Sir /Ma,

IF anyone need CFA Leve 1 June 2009 with the video cd (new)
CFA Leve 2 June 2009 with the video cd (new)
and BA II Professional Calculator

Price Level with CD is = 80,000 Naira
without cd is= 60,000 Naira
D Calculator = 10,000 Naira

I will post it to you if ya if ya not within lagos, but within lagos i will bring it myself.

My contact is 07025989741

email:, loisdienmi@yahoo.com

Serious buyer shoulud contact any time.
[b][/b]
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by seunallday: 8:29am On Jan 09, 2009
downloaded schweser notes on the net, is there a way to get all these materials, esp qbanks here in naija, without having to ship them,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 9:13am On Jan 09, 2009
i think some people sell d download too, so yu will have to search wellll.

I do sell d note to a lecture at pie house  near WAEC office, where cfa lecture is going, i sell the boks in bulk and the original CDs without d books is 20,000 Naira,

so any should contact me .then i will see the date he will have it ,

Ola
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lowee231: 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2009
ifGodbe4mi
I found ur efforts very impressive. My email address is lowee231@yahoo.com.
Bakre thanks for the effort.
Lois I will contact in due course. are u selling the photocopies or the main text book
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2009
selling d cfa books new not photocopies,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2009
Exam-Related Disciplinary Actions

The following disciplinary notices relate to improper conduct by candidates while taking the CFA examination. In each case, the sanction, voiding of examination results, and publication of the notice were administered in accordance with the CFA Institute Rules of Procedure for Proceedings Related to Professional Conduct ("Rules of Procedure"wink.

By signing the Candidate Pledge, every candidate acknowledges that a violation of the rules and regulations of the CFA Program will result in CFA Institute voiding examination results and may lead to suspension or termination of candidacy in the CFA Program.

Writing Past Time Called

Use of Scratch Paper

Unauthorized Calculator

Opening Question Booklet before Start of Exam

Possession of Study Materials

Use of Electronic Devices

Assistance during Examination

Failure to Cooperate

Writing Past Time Called

By signing the Candidate Pledge, every candidate certifies they will follow all rules of the CFA Program. Candidates were advised through several communications, including the examination admission ticket, CFA Institute website, and the oral statement read prior to the commencement of the exam, of the requirement to stop writing immediately when instructed to do so.

Notwithstanding this requirement, sixty-three Level I candidates, eight Level II candidates, and five Level III candidates continued to write their examinations after time was called. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these cases and found that each candidate engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Program Examination Rules and Regulations and Standards of Professional Conduct. Seventy-one of the candidates accepted the sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results. Five of the Level I candidates requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panel imposed the sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results on four candidates. A Hearing Panel imposed the sanction of Public Censure and Voiding of Examination Results on Jean-Francois Mercier.

Use of Scratch Paper

Candidates may not use scratch paper during the examination. Scratch paper includes writing paper, the examination ticket, calculator keystroke card, desk top, or any other surface.

Despite this requirement, three Level I candidates used their examination ticket as scratch paper during the examination. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these matters and found that the candidates engaged in the conduct, thereby violating the CFA Program Examination Rules and Regulations. One candidate accepted the sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results. One candidate, Jokei Ban, accepted the sanction of One Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results; and one candidate, Daniel Otter, accepted the sanction of Two Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program (the candidate did not have examination results to void).

Unauthorized Calculator

Only the following two calculator models are approved for use on the CFA examinations:

Hewlett Packard 12C (including the Hewlett Packard 12C Platinum)
Texas Instruments BAII Plus

Despite this policy requirement, thirteen Level I candidates and one Level III candidate presented to the examination and used an unauthorized calculator. The Professional Conduct Program investigated these matters and found that the candidates' calculators were unauthorized and thereby violated the CFA Program Examination Rules and Regulations. Twelve candidates accepted the sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results. Two candidates requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panel imposed the sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results on both candidates.

Opening Question Booklet before Start of Exam

Six Level I candidates and One Level II candidate opened the examination book prior to commencement of the examination. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these matters and found that the candidates engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Program Rules and Regulations and Standards of Professional Conduct. The seven candidates accepted the disciplinary sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results.

Possession of Study Materials

All candidates were advised that possession of any information related to the Candidate Body of Knowledge was prohibited at the test center.

Notwithstanding this prohibition, one Level II candidate maintained information related to the Candidate Body of Knowledge during the examination. The Professional Conduct Program investigated the matter and found that while there was no evidence the candidate used the information, possession of the material/information violated the CFA Program Examination Rules and Regulations and Standards of Professional Conduct. The candidate accepted a Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results.

Use of Electronic Devices

All candidates were advised that possession and/or use of electronic devices, such as cell phones, pagers, and cameras were prohibited in the examination room.

Notwithstanding this prohibition, two Level II candidates possessed and used a cellular telephone during the examination. The Professional Conduct Program investigated the matters and found that the candidates engaged in the conduct and thereby violated the CFA Program Rules and Regulations and Standards of Professional Conduct. Both candidates accepted the sanction of Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results.

Assistance during Examination

Each candidate in the CFA Program attests through the Candidate Pledge that during the examination they will neither give nor receive assistance in taking the examination. Looking or glancing at another candidate's answer sheet or giving the appearance of looking or glancing at another candidate's answer sheet violates the CFA Program Examination Rules, the Code of Ethics, and the CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct.

Despite these requirements, twenty-two Level I candidates, one Level II candidate, and one Level III candidate were either observed looking and/or giving the appearance of looking at other candidates' examinations/answer sheets during the examination. The CFA Institute Professional Conduct Program investigated these matters and found that the candidates engaged in the conduct, thereby violating the CFA Program Examination Rules and Regulations, Code of Ethics, and the Standards of Professional Conduct. Eleven candidates, Ankit Agrawal, Daniel Bezhanski, Man Shun Sze, Salem Tamini, Nikolay Zhukovsky, Haosen Liang, Hao Ning Huo, Sung Hei Chiu, Wai Hang Mak, Yechang Fang, and Wei Cheng accepted the public sanction of Five Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results and one candidate, Jiali Jin, accepted the sanction of Permanent Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results.

Ross Tuttelman, Ludmila Fedorchenko, Kien Kit Ho, Xiaoqiong Zhang, Evy Susanti, Rachmat Susanto, Dinesh Modi, and five Level I candidates requested a Hearing Panel. After consideration of the evidence in each respective case, the Hearing Panel imposed the sanction of a Private Censure and Voiding of Examination Results on one candidate; a One Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results on one candidate; a Two Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results on three candidates; a Four Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results on Mr. Tuttelman; a Five Year Suspension from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results on Ms. Fedorchenko, Mr. Ho, Ms. Zhang, Ms. Susanti, and Mr. Susanto; and a Permanent Prohibition from Participation in the CFA Program and Voiding of Examination Results on Mr. Modi.

Failure to Cooperate

Three Level I candidates, Gintare Kavaliauskaite, Yi Zhang, Shi Zhou, and two Level II candidates, Xiao Liu, Lun Siu Ching, received a Summary Suspension from further participation in the CFA Program. The candidates violated the CFA Institute Bylaws which require candidates to submit information requested relating to professional conduct and activities.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2009
Benefits

The CFA charter is the designation of excellence in the investment community.
If you’re looking for an educational challenge where you build a fundamental knowledge of investment principles that is relevant in every market around the world, then the CFA Program is right for you and your firm.

Benefits for You

Credibility: Clients and colleagues regard you with a presumption of expertise
Competitive advantage: Employers and clients want the experience that comes with the CFA charter
Connections: You’ll join a global network of more than 78,000 professionals
Recognition: You’ll earn a designation praised by employers and media

Find out about the types of positions that benefit from a CFA charter

Benefits for Your Firm

A cost-effective and efficient way to increase the knowledge and professionalism of your staff
A global program that tracks the needs of the industry and employers like you
A measure of job applicants' competence and integrity

Employers with the Largest Numbers of CFA Charterholders

ABN AMRO
Allianz AG
Bank of America Corporation
Barclays Group
BMO Financial Group
CIBC
Citigroup
Credit Suisse Group
Deutsche Bank
FMR Corporation
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
HSBC
ING Groep N.V.
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Lehman Brothers, Inc.
Mellon Financial Corporation
Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
Morgan Stanley
PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited
RBC
Scotiabank Group
State Street
TD Bank Financial Group
UBS
Wachovia Corporation,etc

IN NIGERIA,

Stanchart
Schlum
BG
Shell
Chevron
Stanbic Capital
Alliance consulting
Addax
PWC
Mobil .etc

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Koladesola: 11:51am On Jan 15, 2009
Please who knows the exam centre in Nigeria, and how to get the study materials plus the syllabus. Thanks.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by seantt: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2009
really enjoyed reading all the posts. glad to know that Nigerians are really investing in their futures.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Koladesola: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2009
Thanks,
Still need more info.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by seunallday: 9:21am On Jan 20, 2009
@ kola do what i did man, go to d website to get more info, when u v made up ur mind to write level one, if u r familar with torrents and file sharing, go to a toorent site like, mininova.org, or thepiratebay.com, search for 'cfa schweser level 1' to download the torrent, or just go to bdanalyst..com for some materials

hp av helped a bit
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Koladesola: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
Yes, Kola you have really helped. How was ur result hope u passed. u can share ur experience with me.
bolex82000@yahoo.com
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by detuh2(f): 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2009
Dear CFA Candidate / Prospective Candidate,

We are proud to inform you that Greenwich Associates (a Financial Markets Learning Centre) will commence classes in Victoria Island, Lagos from 21 February 2009 to prepare Candidates interested in sitting for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examination.The classes will be anchored by CFA Charterholders and subject matter experts with vast experience in the financial markets. We are starting with Candidates that intend to sit for the June 2009 Level 1 examination and will subsequently offer classes for Levels 2 and 3 by next year.

We have attached, our summarized prospectus to this email for your information and we look forward to working closely with you in the months ahead as you take the steps necessary to actualize your dream of joining the global network of CFA Charterholders.

Best regards,

Greenwich Associates

PS. For detailed information and reservation, pls call detuh2 on 0803 502 2534, 01- 278 3285

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by tkb417(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2009
hello people
shey u guys passed o (level 1 candidates)

all the best o
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bechex(m): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2009
Hi Guys, I am glad to inform u that i passed the Dec 08 level 1 Exam. Please thank God for me oh. All the Money we i take fly go Dubai no burn, all the dates, galleria, and parties we i no go no de in vain, and all the sleepless nights and long days have all payed off.

I wish all of us who will be writting June 09 all the best irrespective of the level we will be writting. For those of us who will be in Ghana, see u in june.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by onafdare: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2009
hello my name is damilare and i just graduated from the University andi am interested in writing the CFA exams for december but i do not know how to go about the registration and everything about it i wouldnt mind if someone helped me with information my nos is 07031980833
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bechex(m): 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2009
Hi Damilare, just go to their Website and you will get all the info u need. www.cfainstitute.org
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wyt(m): 3:49pm On Jan 30, 2009
@all, happy new year

@bechex, thank God for you. i rejoice with you

@tkb417, long time? how is life? ready for level 2?

@bakre, thanks for that your post/reply as regards to firms that absorbs cfas'
it motivates. keep the flag flying
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bakre(m): 10:43pm On Jan 30, 2009
CFA Institute announced that of the 49,797 worldwide candidates that sat for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program Level I exam which took place in December, 35 percent passed.

The CFA Program is widely regarded as the most arduous qualification in the investment profession. In order to earn the gold standard CFA designation, candidates must pass all three levels of exams (for which successful candidates report that they study a minimum of 250 hours per level); meet the work experience requirements of four years in the investment industry; sign a commitment to abide by the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct; apply to a CFA Institute society; and become a member of CFA Institute.

The number of candidates tested in December 2008 increased by 25 percent from December 2007 when 37,573 sat for the exam. Since the December administration of Level I was first offered in 2003, the number of candidates sitting for the December exam has increased by 45 percent. There are currently 86,968 charterholders globally.

John Rogers, CFA, president and CEO of CFA Institute, said, “The CFA designation is regarded worldwide by employers as the mark of excellence and is an important tool for those who want to get ahead in the investment industry. I am delighted at the number of candidates willing to invest in their own future and professional standards. There has never been a more important time for individuals and employers in the investment industry to enhance their professionalism and the numbers embarking on the CFA Program help show commitment to this cause.”

The exams cover ethical and professional standards, securities analysis and valuation, international financial statement analysis, quantitative methods, economics, corporate finance, portfolio management, and performance measurement. There is no limit to the number of times permitted to take each exam: Level I exams are held in June and December, and Levels II and III are held in June. On average, successful CFA candidates take four years to pass the three required exams. (More information about the CFA Program)

By country/region, the December pass rates for the Level I exam are:

United States: 36 percent of the 12,955 total exam candidates
Canada: 35 percent of the 3,555 total exam candidates
Europe: 38 percent of the 8,158 total exam candidates
Asia and Pacific Asia: 35 percent of the 21,971 total exam candidates
Central and South America: 33 percent of the 424 total exam candidates
Africa/Middle East: 27 percent of the 2,734 total exam candidates

The December exam was offered at 52 test centers in 29 countries worldwide.

Commenting on the CFA Program, Bob Johnson, CFA, deputy CEO of CFA Institute, said, "To reflect the continually developing nature and growing complexity of the global investment profession, the curriculum of the CFA Program evolves every year. This means that charterholders and prospective charterholders are well prepared in all aspects of the industry, which is especially attractive to potential employers in a tough employment market."

For those that are preparing for June 2009,start the preparation nowwwwwwwww,
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2009
I can provide Q-Bank and 3 Day seminiar and 16 week online class

SchweserPro (CD)

and

SchweserPro (Online + Download)
(Level 1: June 2009)

The Cd and the Downloded one are the same thing, so i can provide you the
Download Level 1 SchweserPro qbank

I will give you the Download Level 1 SchweserPro™ (~8.6MB) for 20k all you need is there.

1: U cant accesss d SchweserPro qbank without me given u User name and Password

2: U must have Internet because login will prompt to acesss schweser company online.

3: i will have to give you CD Access Key

The below ones are in the pack for 2009 Level 1
Practice Exams, Volume 1
Practice Exams, Volume 2

There are 3 Day seminiar and 16 week online class you can attend online which i wil give you username and password to enter and attend the seminer or d class. dat also for 50k

Apology to all d delay for dose who need a 2009 Level 1 and Level 2, its due to quick selling but you will be having the books next week and the Calulators.

Pls d cds cant be selling alone , all d books will be selling together with cds not cd alone

Thanks

Ola
loisdienmi@yahoo.com
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2009
I can provide CFA Q-Bank and 3 Day seminiar and 16 week online class

SchweserPro (CD)

and

I will give you the Download Level 1 SchweserPro™ (~8.6MB) for 20k all you need is there.

2: U must have Internet because login will prompt to acesss schweser company online.

The below ones are in the pack for 2009 Level 1
Practice Exams, Volume 1
Practice Exams, Volume 2

There are 3 Day seminiar and 16 week online class you can attend online which i wil give you username and password to enter and attend the seminer or d class. dat also for 50k

Apology to all d delay for dose who need a 2009 Level 1 and Level 2, its due to quick selling but you will be having the books next week and the Calulators.

Pls d cds cant be selling alone , all d books will be selling together with cds not cd alone

Thanks

Ola
loisdienmi@yahoo.com
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bechex(m): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
Hi all, hope we are enjoying this new month, I pray it will be the begining of lovely new things for us all.

@ wyt thanks my guy, i wish u all the best in june.

there is little time, we must all set forth at dawn to conquer, there is much to be done in little time.

Bye for now.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by wyt(m): 5:50pm On Feb 20, 2009
whats up friens in the house, house the team is ploughing?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2009
this is now a ghost thread
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by izaga3(m): 3:50am On Feb 21, 2009
to get all the 2009 CFA Kaplan Schweser’s Study Solutions, go to http://www.elitebook.net/2009.CFA.Study.Solutions.asp. its a lot cheaper and more comprehensive than what many dimwits are offering for 'millions' here on nairaland.
Goodluck
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2009
[b]I can provide CFA Q-Bank and 3 Day seminiar and 16 week online class

SchweserPro (CD)

and

Flashcards (Online + Download)

16-Week Online Class - London Time

16-Week Online Class - Eastern Time

Ave CFA Level 2 complete pack to sell too

Thanks

Ola
loisdienmi@yahoo.com[/b]
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2009
na where u get all this schewser stuff
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by loisdienmi: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2009
If yu wanna buy yu let me knw, all are from Schweser company:

i can get you below:

Flashcards (Online + Download)

16-Week Online Class - London Time

16-Week Online Class - Eastern Time
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 1:20pm On May 06, 2009
One month to exams shocked
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bomata: 4:54pm On May 12, 2009
izaga3:

to get all the 2009 CFA Kaplan Schweser’s Study Solutions, go to http://www.elitebook.net/2009.CFA.Study.Solutions.asp. its a lot cheaper and more comprehensive than what many dimwits are offering for 'millions' here on nairaland.
Goodluck

hi izaga3, thanks for link pls did u buy from them,cos i want to,i contacted them and from their site i can only pay thru western union money transfer and as you know you cant transfer thru western union from nigeria. so he said i will have to transfer to his account,what do u think. thanks
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by candylips(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2009
x

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.