Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

CFA Candidates In The House - Career (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CFA Candidates In The House (213589 Views)

Cis Candidates In The House / Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by StanP(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Compliments of the season to you all!!

Can anyone help me out with L2 materials (soft copies). I am really behind reading schedule (after I lavished myself this holidays, afterall body no be firwood....doing a reality check now..) and need to make up by reading during free periods at work. Kindly forward to nnoromstan@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Mustay(m): 4:17am On Jan 12, 2013
Just 10 days to the release of L1 Dec 2012 exams. The oldies have done injustice to this thread o.

@wyt, there is this article that summarizes the answer to your question quite neatly:

Most of the guys who have just finished their CFA level I exam must be pondering over this question – what now? Should we wait for the results or start preparation for the level II exam right now?

Now there are 3 types of candidates: (1) Candidates who are sure about their passing the exam. (2) Candidates who are borderline cases. (3) Candidates who are sure of their failure.

For 3rd category, there is no need to start preparing for level II. They should focus on going through CFA level I curriculum and see where they actually missed the train. It is very very crucial for them to start preparing for L1 right now. We all have gone through this feeling before the exam that if we would have 1-2 days more, we would have managed passing marks. So, what are you waiting for. You have those days now. You are at your peak. Just go through all the topics and speed up the learning. If you miss these few days, then again mediocrity will fall in and you might have to start again from the scratch.

For 2nd category, it is very dicey and most of you will fall in this category. So, should you study the level II curriculum and wait for the results till mid of January or wait for the results? Well, as most of you would be aware that the difficulty level of level II is higher than that of level I and you need to spend a lot of time in going through the concepts. Wasting next 40-50 days won’t do any good. But what if you are not able to clear the level I exam? All of your efforts for the next 40-50 days would go waste as you need to redo the level I curriculum again. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most of the curriculum is similar to level I and is just an extension of level I. Ethics is almost same (Most of it is same across all the three levels). Economics also deals mostly with interest rate parity and exchange rates. In derivatives, there are valuation of instruments like forwards, futures, options and swaps. So, learning these will only help in understanding the L1 curriculum in a better way. Corporate finance, Equity, and Fixed Income have few new topics and other extensions (like valuation of equity securities, DCF, FCF, yield curve). In portfolio management, first chapter is the same as of level I (CAL, CML, SML, efficient frontier) but the other chapters are new. The first two chapters of FRA deal with inventory and long-lived assets. Most of other things in FRA are new. Most of the readings in QM are new and deal with regression. Alternative Investments also has different readings than those of level I.

For candidates falling in 2nd category, it is advisable that they choose few or all of these subjects (Ethics, Derivatives, Economics, Equity, Corp Fin, Fixed Income, FRA) and start reading these. You can read other subjects as well if you are interested like AI or PM or QM. Don’t just study these readings carelessly as it won’t help at all. Study these with an eye for details and dig deeper into the topics to understand the concepts. Level II is mostly conceptual. It is extremely difficult to pass if the concepts are not clear. Even if the result is not favorable in mid of January, you would be learning a lot and that would make level I curriculum a cakewalk.

For 1st category of candidates, they just need to make a study plan and start following that accordingly. You have done lots of hard work for level I exam. Just keep continuing that effort and level III candidate will look good when the June 2013 results will be out. You need to work right now. Few days of rest is okay. But don’t waste much time. You must try to complete at least half of the course before the announcement of level I result. Try to push yourself. Make tougher targets. When life gets too easy then it gets boring. Challenging yourself is a great way to keep life interesting. You might be feeling bored by revising level I curriculum again and again in last few weeks. Lets plunge into the new readings. You will definitely enjoy the learning. Don’t waste your time till the announcement of result. Time is running. Make the best use of it and try to become CFA charter holder in the least possible time.
^Source:
Konvexity
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by vinoz: 3:56am On Jan 13, 2013
CFA current for all level:notes,video and Qbanks from one of the best tuition providers contact-07039826617
cheers
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by joeinfo: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
Should you need CFA level one and CFA level two interactive video lectures and class notes from london school school of business and finance.please contact me on 07034586186 or send mail to accamaster@yahoo.com.
I can send you free samples first to have a feel of how the video lectures is.
you can also visit www.studyinteractive.org to have a feel of how the video is.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2013
For your CFA 2013 Level 1,2,3 study notes, audio, Video and Qbank , call 08025822587.
Can outsource other exam material on request.
Wish all dec 2012 exam candidates success when results are released.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bukkytroni: 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
omidan21:

I didn't seem to get tutorial centers on the island,pls can u kindly specify some deir names.

There is a very good CFA tuition centre on the Island. Call 08061688723. New Frontiers. Very good and experienced guys.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2013
Congrats to Dec L1 candidates that made it.
For your L1 L2, L3 study notes, soft and hard copy, audio, video qbank call 08025822587.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by vinoz: 12:15am On Jan 23, 2013
Big congrats to the CFA level1 successful gurus. Let me in the spirit of the celebrations make an offer for those who ar interested in any of the CFA level materials n videos,current n best stuff you could possibly get- contact: orierhon87@live.co.uk-07039826617
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by aluwimike: 7:31am On Jan 30, 2013
Good day Nairalanders,
Please do contact me for ur CFA approved calculator. Its Texas intrument, original brand new and at a give away price.

If u don't have time, use Schweser to read and ensure u practice all end of chapter questions in d cfa curriculum.

Call on 08183533595 to place ur orders.

Regards
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
for your cfa study notes, audio , video, and others call 08025822587
great discount for l3 candidates
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Mustay(m): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
Once again, for those who feel the CFA exams are on the high side, you can take opportunity of the scholarship which 'discounts' your exam fees to NGN40,000 i.e. $250. The scholarship is open for access from tomorrow, March 1 to September.

Visit the link below:
http://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/register/Pages/scholarships.aspx
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by sixteen08(m): 9:12am On Mar 02, 2013
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Felzzz: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hello guys.
Pls is there a tutorial centre here in Abuja? I want to start the program but I see location as a small barrier as I'm based in the FCT.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by BIGERBOY1: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
I received a call from a consultant who wanted a CFA member for one of their client (a financial org based in VI) but am just a level 2 candidate. They asked me to suggest a person for the position, I told them I will get back to them tomorrow.
So if u are a CFA member contact me here or email me. Ebt228m(at)yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by waleajijim(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
sixteen08: Contact me for 2012 n 2013 schwesser notes CFA (level 1) materials........*its free by d way*
Pls help me send it to :
waleuk@gmail.com

I just heard a standard lecture is like 200/300k...wow, dats enough to buy land in Ikorodu, can one study and pass on his own with my B.Sc Finance background?

1 Like

Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Mustay(m): 8:15am On Mar 31, 2013
Definitely!!! You should have read the previous pages. Even without the finance background, you can DIY with self-study.

PM me, I can send you link for the materials too.

Try applying for the CFA scholarship, the exam fees reduces to about NGN40,000.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Mustay(m): 8:58am On Apr 01, 2013
DP
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2013
its countdown to june exams. Candidates can still get study materials for all levels of cfa exam by calling 08025822587.
There is a lecture centre in Abuja for those interested
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by bests: 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hello house,
Pls is there anybody here that can give me the CFA Level 1 lecture videos for free.
I will so glad plsssss.
E-mail:walebanker@gmail.com
Thanks and expectant.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Opsy500(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
Pls any lecture center in abuja.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2013
first quartile professionals, flat a3 pasty plaza, ebitu ukiwe st.. jabi abuja.. they offer lectures for abuja residents

for your study materials, call 08025822587.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lollyaca: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2013
Mustay: Definitely!!! You should have read the previous pages. Even without the finance background, you can DIY with self-study.

PM me, I can send you link for the materials too.

Try applying for the CFA scholarship, the exam fees reduces to about NGN40,000.
. Mustay pls can you send me the link м̲̣̣̥​y̶̲̥̅̊​ email is lolad23@yahoo.com
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lollyaca: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2013
@Mustay please can you send me the link м̲̣̣̥​y̶̲̥̅̊​ email is lolad23@yahoo.com
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by analystk: 11:30am On May 02, 2013
First Quartile Professionals will be having their CFA Intensive Review for June 2013 Levels I and II Exams as follows:

Level II - Thurs May 2 & Fri May 3 - 5pm
Sat May 4 - 9am
Sun May 5 - 12noon

Level II - Mon May 6 - Fri May 10 - 5pm
Sat May 11 - 9am

Venue: Flat A3, Pasty Plaza, Ebitu Ukiwe St. opp RCCG Desire of Nations, beside EssDee Motors, Jabi Abuja

For enquiries,call 08088289520.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 11:58am On May 02, 2013
Get ur copy of secret sauce , call 08025822587.
Countdown begins. 30 days to the exam.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 02, 2013
Corporate Financial Analysis and Modeling with Excel Distance Learning Programme for CFA Candidates now discounted to N35,000

Apply via www.data-ville.com/training also download course content via same link
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by opendo21(m): 11:18am On May 04, 2013
Please is there anyone who got the CFA scholarship in Nigeria, pls call me on 08139650611, I have some questions to ask just to know what my chance are. Thanks
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by lacord5: 3:32am On May 08, 2013
Pls mustay kindly send the link to me at lacord5@yahoo.com thanks and God bless.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Mustay(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2013
opendo21: Please is there anyone who got the CFA scholarship in Nigeria

Just apply. Your application doesn't depend on the success or otherwise of others. It's a pretty straightforward stuff with a little essay on why you deserve it.

@lacord5 & @lollyaca SENT!
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by Maybachexelero: 1:54pm On May 14, 2013
Please, is anyone writing Dec 2013 Level 1 and resident in Port Harcourt? and any good lecture centre in Port Harcourt ?
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by st2clem: 7:57am On May 20, 2013
11 days to go.. best of luck June candidates.
Re: CFA Candidates In The House by eagleeye2: 10:01am On May 20, 2013
Am interested in getting a CFA, but my limitations includes;
1. I stay in Abia and that means I will likely be doing the readings on my own.
2.How do I get the study materials, Shweser or Stalla either hard copy or Soft Copy (if anyone will be kind of to email one to me or give me a link for download)
3. I am yet to figure how CFA will help me fit into my current job in a Govt ministry or help me get a job in an investment bank (but I have no experience in the banking sector)

Who among you gurus can help out and tell me how to achieve this goal and overcome the limitations.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (76) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas Workers / 2022 Access Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment Has Been Extended / ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.