Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,488 members, 7,958,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims (1067 Views)

Boko Haram Is Wounded And Dangerous - Yahoo News / PHOTO: Another Nigerian Soldier Praying In Borno Before Attacking Boko Haram / Why Boko Haram Fight And Some Recommendations For Quelling Their Insurgency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by Andrew3(m): 7:46am On Jul 14, 2012
This is just my opinion

Boko haram's previous motive of attacking christians
and churches was to enable christians retaliate by
killing muslims thereby invoking a religious war.
Since that has failed, the option B is the other way
round. They are trying now to attack mosques so that
muslims will call it the handwork of christians and retaliate
by killing christians thereby invoking another religious war.

Nigerian la ojue ooo both muslims and chritsians.

1 Like

Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by werepeLeri: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2012
LOL - but some people claim BH has killed more Muslims than Christians. Whats your take on that?
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by Andrew3(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2012
thesame motive, all they want is for the other party to retaliate
and cause havoc.
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by FindOut(m): 9:19am On Jul 14, 2012
Divide & Conquer tactics. I'm tempted tp agree with you. Coz their 'demands' are just plain silly. I have no doubt that some one or some group of people who stand to gain a lot from a dis-united and broken Nigeria are behind these chaos, but i strongly believe the FG can do much more to stop this. They should stop calling them faceless. How are they faceless? Do criminals post their office and home address for people to see? No, the law enforcement agents smoke them out by whatever means possible.

Xtians & muslims, LET US UNITE to fight this common enemy. If you are sincere with yourselves, you'll know that what is being practiced is not Islam.

For crying out loud, Abdulmutallab's FATHER reported his son to the US embassy when he noticed the boy was showing extremist tendecies. Saudi Arabia expelled Osama bin Laden, when they noticed same too, despite his father's wealth & influence in that country. & tho the average hausa man, may be violent when provoked (same as or a bit more than the average yoruba/ibo man), most of them in the north are peaceful & simple.

Pre-bokoharam, ask any corper who served in the north how he was treated by the indigenes. Infact till now, i dare say most northern states are the most hospitable to youth corpers & foreigners than other states in Nigeria. Those peeps have been living in relative peace with their foreign neighbours since, with the exception of some riots here and there,(when jealousy at the success of foriegners rears its head in the minds of a few misguided fools) when a form of xenophobia is experienced.

Most of the leaders from the North havent done well for their people, tho at the same time, i dare say that the best leader(s) Nigeria has ever had since independence have come from that region. I'll leave others to confirm or refute this. The northern leaders have polarised the people on the basis of religion & tribe. The polarisation has spread to other parts of the country,as shown in the 'results' of the last election.

It is time for Nigerians to UNITE. Breaking up the country into pieces will not stop bokoharam from bombing if they dont want to, it won't stop kidnappers from operating in the SE/SW, & it wont stop corruption. Infact, I think corruption will increase, especially in the region/new country with oil. Infact, should Nigeria break up peacefully(not likely goin to happen), into how many regions is it going to break into? (another issue that will cause more fight), lets even say the SS is on its own, i forsee an increase in corruption & simultaneously, crime rate if the current trend on governance is sustained. We can begin to see already that Gov. Seriake is more concerned about pleasing the Jonathans than bayelsans. Too much money flowing, no developments on ground.

We have a President, clueless or not, he has a 1 trillion naira defence budget in his kitty, let us channel our ''Nigeria break up'' energies towards demanding for answers and solutions to our problems. How big is Nigeria anyway that one competent man cannot handle? Is a competent man there? Answer yourselves. Who voted him in? Answer yourselves again.

For those saying it is northern politicians causing mayhem & painting GEJ bad, have you ever heard the wise saying ''A bad workman blames his tools''?

Nigeria can solve its security problems(which include BH & kidnapping). We have the money and the manpower. The leadership must be impressed upon to do their job. Let us stop making excuses for their excesses and inefficiencies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by Murphy7h4: 9:27am On Jul 14, 2012
Sounds good[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by Andrew3(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2012
Find Out!:
Divide & Conquer tactics. I'm tempted tp agree with you. Coz their 'demands' are just plain silly. I have no doubt that some one or some group of people who stand to gain a lot from a dis-united and broken Nigeria are behind these chaos, but i strongly believe the FG can do much more to stop this. They should stop calling them faceless. How are they faceless? Do criminals post their office and home address for people to see? No, the law enforcement agents smoke them out by whatever means possible.

Xtians & muslims, LET US UNITE to fight this common enemy. If you are sincere with yourselves, you'll know that what is being practiced is not Islam.

For crying out loud, Abdulmutallab's FATHER reported his son to the US embassy when he noticed the boy was showing extremist tendecies. Saudi Arabia expelled Osama bin Laden, when they noticed same too, despite his father's wealth & influence in that country. & tho the average hausa man, may be violent when provoked (same as or a bit more than the average yoruba/ibo man), most of them in the north are peaceful & simple.

Pre-bokoharam, ask any corper who served in the north how he was treated by the indigenes. Infact till now, i dare say most northern states are the most hospitable to youth corpers & foreigners than other states in Nigeria. Those peeps have been living in relative peace with their foreign neighbours since, with the exception of some riots here and there,(when jealousy at the success of foriegners rears its head in the minds of a few misguided fools) when a form of xenophobia is experienced.

Most of the leaders from the North havent done well for their people, tho at the same time, i dare say that the best leader(s) Nigeria has ever had since independence have come from that region. I'll leave others to confirm or refute this. The northern leaders have polarised the people on the basis of religion & tribe. The polarisation has spread to other parts of the country,as shown in the 'results' of the last election.

It is time for Nigerians to UNITE. Breaking up the country into pieces will not stop bokoharam from bombing if they dont want to, it won't stop kidnappers from operating in the SE/SW, & it wont stop corruption. Infact, I think corruption will increase, especially in the region/new country with oil. Infact, should Nigeria break up peacefully(not likely goin to happen), into how many regions is it going to break into? (another issue that will cause more fight), lets even say the SS is on its own, i forsee an increase in corruption & simultaneously, crime rate if the current trend on governance is sustained. We can begin to see already that Gov. Seriake is more concerned about pleasing the Jonathans than bayelsans. Too much money flowing, no developments on ground.

We have a President, clueless or not, he has a 1 trillion naira defence budget in his kitty, let us channel our ''Nigeria break up'' energies towards demanding for answers and solutions to our problems. How big is Nigeria anyway that one competent man cannot handle? Is a competent man there? Answer yourselves. Who voted him in? Answer yourselves again.

For those saying it is northern politicians causing mayhem & painting GEJ bad, have you ever heard the wise saying ''A bad workman blames his tools''?

Nigeria can solve its security problems(which include BH & kidnapping). We have the money and the manpower. The leadership must be impressed upon to do their job. Let us stop making excused for their excesses and inefficiencies.

+100
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by okosodo: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2012
they went for the deputy governor and not muslims. thier modus remains the same........ kill christians
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by oiseworld: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2012
muslims have never been the target of boko haram, not for anything.so @op ur wrong
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by Dainfamous: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2012
don't be a mugu,tell me how many mosque have boko haram attacked?none so we are back to square one boko haram are out to attack christian first which is their common enemy, after that they will attack Muslims and mosque if they finally chase the infidels away from north they they will impose sharia law all over the north.So to me the are fighting to get AREWA country....
Re: Why Boko Haram Is Attacking Muslims by redsun(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2012
Terrorists cares about nobody.They are just out to cause the maximum havoc,moslems or christians notwithstanding.Just like rogue nigerian leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Hundreds Escape Death As Police Defuse Bomb In Abuja Church / UNILAG Disowns Osokogu Cynthia’s Suspected Killer. / Ebonyi State University Pre-degree Registration Form PIN ON SALE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.