Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week (10926 Views)

Fg To Finalise Privatization Of Pipelines / PHCN To Import Prepaid Meters / PHCN To Publish Debtors’ Names In National Dailies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by sambos994(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2012
Nigerians...give me your opinion, is it an improvement or will it change nothing

The bid for the take-over of the 17 successor companies from the unbundling of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) will open next week.

This was disclosed by the Minister of Power, Professor Barth Nnaji during an interview with Channels Television on Friday.

According to Prof. Nnaji, the federal government will next week also sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Canada-based Manitoba Hydro International Limited for the management of the Transmission Company of Nigeria.

The restructuring of the PHCN saw the emergence of 18 successor companies – six generation, one transmission and 11 distribution companies.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/13/privatisation-of-phcn-to-commence-next-weekbart-nnaji/
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 14, 2012
I am on Generator

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Lakayana: 10:26am On Jul 14, 2012
ALL NIGERIANS WANT IS LIGHT IN ABUNDANCE SHIKENA.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by emmyitodo: 10:26am On Jul 14, 2012
we hope for the best sha but other privatized companies never lived up to its expectation
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by conyema12(m): 10:32am On Jul 14, 2012
Why only one transmission?
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2012
The Nepa bill i got yesterday was 3 times the average i used to have. Presently,i'm thinking of fueling my generator for the rest of the month with almost the same amount. This country is so sick it defies any known diagnosis

3 Likes

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by achi4u(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2012
we are on the cross
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by miteolu(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2012
This 'Manitoba Hydro International Limited' looks like 419 Nigeria biz name. Hope these people will not enter into another mess.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by harryem(m): 10:33am On Jul 14, 2012
plz wld dis privitisation, wld thr b any change Communication is diff 4rm light oh....
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by sanchez4eva: 10:36am On Jul 14, 2012
This step shld have been taken a long time ago....If only they can leave corruption out of this and things go according to plan then I believe we will see a great change in τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ power sector.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by trigar12(m): 10:39am On Jul 14, 2012
GOSH. I HOPE THEY DON'T SACK ALL NEPA STAFF LIKE NITEL SHA.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by cyril83(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2012
Let there be light!...that's all
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by ifihearam: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2012
Soon with the positive efforts by GEJ,epileptic power supply will soon be history. Please give him some time and power failure will almost near extinction. By the grace of God

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by sambos994(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2012
ifihearam: Soon with the positive efforts by GEJ,epileptic power supply will soon be history. Please give him some time and power failure will almost near extinction. By the grace of God
\

In Jesus's name...amen
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by waja(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2012
After the privatisation, what will be it's new name? I guess Power Seizing Company of Nigeria (P.S.C.N).
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by inspirenet: 10:53am On Jul 14, 2012
Billyonaire: I am on Generator

smiley
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2012
For how long will dey continue to sign Memorandum of understandings? Till the day I see 24hrs uninterrupted power in my house,then will I believe these mudafuckers!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2012
trigar12: GOSH. I HOPE THEY DON'T SACK ALL NEPA STAFF LIKE NITEL SHA.
hello! U can not hav privatisation without review & scalin down. Xpect †ЂΞ unexpected sowie.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2012
We dey here, na dem go taya!!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by OLAJOMO(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2012
This is a welcome development though the shortrun effect of PHCN privatization is increase in tariff, the longrun effect will force the tariff down as a result of competition.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2012
Let's all pray and hope for something good to come out of this privatelization. All we need is 247 power supply, do it anyhow you like but give us 247 power supply and we are okay
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2012
trigar12: GOSH. I HOPE THEY DON'T SACK ALL NEPA STAFF LIKE NITEL SHA.

[size=15pt]I HOPE THEY DO !!!! one rotten apple damages the whole bunch . None of the old / current staffs should be allowed to stay . Honest , qualified Nigerians and expatriates should take over .[/size]

2 Likes

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by vanunu: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2012
I will vote for GEJ in 2015 if he fixes the power sector.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2012
ifihearam: Soon with the positive efforts by GEJ,epileptic power supply will soon be history. Please give him some time and power failure will almost near extinction. By the grace of God
†ЂΞ only tin ∂α† can guarantee GEJ's second term is stable power supply. If he fails, he shud be ready τ̅o fight all nigerians τ̅o win ∂α† election. Enuf is Enuf! Accordin τ̅o Hon. Jagaba.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Ganys: 11:03am On Jul 14, 2012
berem: For how long will dey continue to sign Memorandum of understandings? Till the day I see 24hrs uninterrupted power in my house,then will I believe these mudafuckers!!
Fresh Air!!! cool shocked shocked
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2012
After Privatization; I want:

1. Mikano and other Generator sales and servicing companies sacked from this country.
2. All Diesel selling cabals should be banned

These 2 sets of cabals, bribe PHCN Staff to stall supply.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Rebirth(m): 11:11am On Jul 14, 2012
miteolu: This 'Manitoba Hydro International Limited' looks like 419 Nigeria biz name. Hope these people will not enter into another mess.

they are a provincial power company for Manitoba province in Canada, you should use google more! http://www.hydro.mb.ca/

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Mandelaguy(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2012
This issue of power has been over flogged,in the past administrations,we have had promises and deadlines,but non has made concerted efforts to tackle the power problems. Let us speak truths where it should be spoken....this GEJ administration is making that effort...the unbundling of PHCN is a great move(even if you people refuse to acknowledge the giant strides that has been made in the power sector). For the person that complained about bills,mine is a little higher(check the reason for shedding the payments into categories)which we all know should be the pattern for now and to refresh your memory, when GSM was introduced, some of us bought sims as high as 28,000 Naira(same sims hat are free now) tha is the price you pa for privatisation(it will always breed healthy competition and force price down) so please my myopic friends,wake up and embrace change.

1 Like

Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Kobojunkie: 11:15am On Jul 14, 2012
@Poster, we were told some months ago that PHCN no longer exists -- in it's place are now 18 smaller companies. How come this no longer existent company is to commence privatization next week? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by badesco(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2012
Some people would have made billions from this deal. Hope it work this time.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by Tczar(m): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2012
I jst hp dz turns out Positive.
Re: PHCN To Commence Privatization Next Week by DeGrace01(m): 11:41am On Jul 14, 2012
Good luck to naija, I want to assure u that if this dream really come true the issue of power will be over. The more reason we must support gej especially on these area of removal of subsidy via privatization. May God c us tru.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.......... / Marketers Blame Drop In Diesel Price To Competition / See Pdp Founders And The History Of The Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.