Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

D’banj – Oyato - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj – Oyato (25460 Views)

Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj / D’banj’s New Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
KINGwax: it's good u agree it was a flop. I'm giving u a 100 for admittance!

Even the deaf know that album was a colossal flop. Wande Coal couldn't save it, the only saving grace of that album is Oma ga by Tiwa Savage. I'm Tiwa and Wande's biggest fan but I'm not going near that nonsense of an album even for those two grin
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Rebirth(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
diluminati: [size=38pt]THIS SONG IS WACK! SUPER WACK! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS![/size]

[size=30pt]MOTION SECONDED!!! Are you guys drunk ni? This song is crap![/size]
Re: D’banj – Oyato by PlayLover: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvpVPxBagfI

cheesy'banj New Single #Oyato : Cool OR Crap?
Re: D’banj – Oyato by safarigirl(f): 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
amosy007:

i duno how to say this coz i dnt wana get myself into tribalism again..
Buh u are kinda ryt.. I read all the comments frm d begining to dis post and i noticed everybody that diss the song are igbo except ileke idi (a psycopant with no identity)..
Buh i dunno why people will leave patriotism and chose tribe... If the song do great worldwide... Is it not for the glory of Nigeria or has dbanj claimed yoruba at the worldstage? *rather he call himself a nigerian.... Don jazzy is not even igbo.. I duno what some people s problem really is.. Eww

Don't know if you're in this country, but there are over 170 tribes in Nigeria apart from Yoruba and Ibo, except you know every poster personally, which I doubt, or you're some kinda psychic, how then do you conclude that everyone anti-oyato is Ibo? Can't they be Itsekiri, Nupe, Ibibio, Annang, Idoma etc? Mtcheww, just another illiterate nuthead searching for cheap attention.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by DMatrix: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
which time dbanj start to sing juju music? angry grin nofin unique about tis track...u need to do more work bros
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Ilaje44(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ko s'ogbon to le da
Ko s'ona to le gba, to le fi te aiye l'orun o...

Aahhhh, orin awa agba iwoyi, omode ano niyen o.

Dapo, orin e yi ko baje, sugbon ko jelenkious, ko tun milikious fun awa baba miliki. Sibesibe, ko di wa l'owo lati ba yin se ewe. Carry over. Oops, carry go.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by LesbianBoy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
Heard the beat/sound in this ''oyato'' song is kinda similar to one of the songs in the solar plexus mixtape sung by dprince titled ''why you over there looking at me'' produced by Don jazzy! Someone should pls check and confirm!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by BlackPikiN(m): 3:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
For some f0rkers, I no be Don Jazzy fan. I just like good music. So if Don Jazzy and his crew sing better song I go like am.

If Dbanj bring good one. I go enjoy am.

This song is for those touts at Oshodi, Idumota and CMS and maybe those going to Ekiti and Osogbo for some ceremony. I no see how this song go cross peckham, Lagos to ore and Lagos to Kwara. Make Dbanj just use style tell us say He wan dey compete with Kwam 1, Pasuma wonder and Obesere for Fuji level.

Na this song e go use go round all the whole radio stations for another 9months before he release Dbanj ti de( Dbanj don come).

The song is all rolled up in one---Wack wacker wackest!

If na 9ice, we go accept am well. but dbanj, the song is wholly wack on delivery!!

One thing I notice these days.

People dey call all these songs Afrobeats. Nobody does pure afrobeats in Nigeria anymore after dem Fela, Femi, Kola, Alariwo and some others wey I don forget.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by deenee: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2012
Very soon, Mr "I am Dbanj" will release an album consisting of only animal sounds and we will all say it is a "club banger". We love to worship and celebrate mediocrity in all that we do. No wonder we have not made any considerable progress as a collective entity and country. The single is not in my opinion worthy of a "mixtape status". At this rate, it will take him five years to put together an album compilation. *SMH*

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by charlesopp(m): 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2012
LesbianBoy: Heard the beat/sound in this ''oyato'' song is kinda similar to one of the songs in the solar plexus mixtape sung by dprince titled ''why you over there looking at me'' produced by Don jazzy! Someone should pls check and confirm!
. U̶̲̥̅̊ sick oga ade...
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox2003: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Now that Dbanj has confirmed to the world that Don J aint the best producer...all he needs to do now is to blend with J Sleek. And this is the first track so expect more from him as he drops his album before the end of the year.
I can bet it that Don J would be surprised Tuface's producer could make such an afrobeat.
Dbanj:
Producer : well replaced, infact outstanding.
Song: Trying to blend.
Rating: 8/10 for the first joint with a new producer.
Album: yet to be released.
Prospect: If relationship between J sleek and Dbanj doesnt go sour, they would rule the world.
Oyato indeed! Nice joint.
Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by derickman: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
acidtalk: Now i am neither a Dbanj nor Don Jazzy supporter.
i want to spit out the truth without sentiments like my name suggest

*The beats (production)of this song is world class. Kanye, jazzy and other big stars will flow well on that beat.

*The intro was very usual. the regular predictable 'i am dbanj and skibanj lke my jamiacan friend's call me".

*The lyrics was more of a below average thing. More energy should have been put in creativity of good lyrics rather than a diss line.

* The song was so short, it actually sound like a 1minute JEDIJEDI medicine advert on a radio station.

* It has been fully confirmed that Don Jazzy doesnt only Produce for dbanj but he also WRITES songs for him.

MY VERDICT.

* J Sleek has prove a point and has added another feather to his cap has the production as definitely won him big production deals.
* Dbanj should please move on as other MARVIN crew have done. This people never even sing or talk like dbanj ever existed.
*It has been confirmed dbanj is not only Arrogant, but also petty and quarelsome.
*Yes! the song will be played on radio and in clubs reason being that the beat is world class and also nigerians will dance to even the most idiotic songs put on a beat.
*This song can NEVER fly outside the shores of Nigeria. foreigners will doubt if the oliver twist crooner actually sang such nonsense.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THIS SONG IS A TOTAL FAILURE. J SLEEK REALLY HELPED DBANJ'S ALREADY FADING MUSICAL CAREER

Dbanj is a good business man i will suggest he looks at going into the music business. take a toil from Dr Dre, Timberland and the rest. or if you insist on still singing, please get and pay a good writer to compose your songs as it is obvious you 9dbanj) cant compose a good and meaningful song.

Shut the bleep up. Your post shows that you don't like dbanj and i suspect that you are one of those stupid followers of don jazzy that use tricks in critizing dbanj success.

When dbanj and don jazzy broke up, you haters said that is the end of dbanj career that he can't do good music without him however, jsleek has proven to us now that you can always get a good producer if you are talented in writing unique songs like what dbanj is doing.

Dbanj is just too good and with oyato chorus and lyrics, there is no way you won't get a nice beat for it, whether it is from don jazzy, jsleek, mastercraft or any other good producers. You can always get the good producers but artiste like dbanj are very hard to come by.

Dbanj presently has two task which is maintaning his new fan base in uk and maybe america and also showing to us that he is still a nigerian and has not forgotten us. Thats why this mad tune oyato song is coming from him.

Also for those screaming why he should be working with kanye west, this oyato song has the nigerian african asset therefore it will take a producer that understand such type of song to produce it. You can expect kanye west to understand a song with a lot of yoruba and produce it and because dbanj wants to please his international fans he should not have giving us this beautiful single.
If dbanj is to relase a song with the english accent, i bet it with you that kanye west would be the one to produce it and that is how it should be.

Lyrics, you people talk about writing good lyrics as if artistes over there are doing the same. Most of their lyrics is always about love, sex and money even from their best stars and you expect dbanj to do better. Common, you are being unfair. Infact this oyato lyrics is better than wizkid azonto and that dprince take banana song and so on like that.

Whether you like it or not, dbanj will keep doing his and his oyato song will be a massive hit. WATCH OUT FOR MORE FROM HIM HATERS!!!

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox2003: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
^ Dont mind the guy. Listen closely to the lyrics, u'd hear what he said about people like Acidtalk. They heard Don J's side of the story and swallowed it because Don J is a twitter addict who communicates with his fans as much as he could.
Don J is well replaced and that problem has been solved. Oyato is competing with the whole of Solar Plexus. Pure original afro music.
I can bet that his album will murder Solar plexus. Solar plexus ko, solar planet ni.

Frawzey.

1 Like

Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
safarigirl: Don't know if you're in this country, but there are over 170 tribes in Nigeria apart from Yoruba and Ibo, except you know every poster personally, which I doubt, or you're some kinda psychic, how then do you conclude that everyone anti-oyato is Ibo? Can't they be Itsekiri, Nupe, Ibibio, Annang, Idoma etc? Mtcheww, just another illiterate nuthead searching for cheap attention.
even you get time to reply that I-KNOW-ALL BIGOT...cant you see the he insulted ileke-idi who z also a yoruba just cos she spoke d truth
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
deenee: Very soon, Mr "I am Dbanj" will release an album consisting of only animal sounds and we will all say it is a "club banger". We love to worship and celebrate mediocrity in all that we do. No wonder we have not made any considerable progress as a collective entity and country. The single is not in my opinion worthy of a "mixtape status". At this rate, it will take him five years to put together an album compilation. *SMH*
God bless you...just cos he is yoruba so dimwits who r d same tribe wt him are praising the track like its d best song of all time...SMH
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Rhino5dm: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
8 pages and still counting. . .These haterz don't even realise that this thread alone is a HIT and a ba'nge'r as per nairaland's standard. Fucktards

#Now playing TRACK: . . . .OYATO

#Artist: The koko master D banj

#Playing Status: Repeat TRACK x 1000^99.

#Haterz mode: About to commit suicide shocked
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox2003: 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2012
How nice would it be when Dbanj and Davido make collabo on J sleeks beat?

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by freecocoa(f): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
Please people what is the meaning of OYATO?

My neighbor said it means WANTING TO URINATE? Na true?
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2012
freecocoa: Please people what is the meaning of OYATO?

My neighbor said it means WANTING TO URINATE? Na true?

OYATO- Its different.

Oto laye e- your level is different ooo

Oto laye won - there level is different.

It means u've been enjoying the song abi wink

Frawzey
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2012
Oyato - Lyrics

For I see all these Pharisees
All them say all na fallacy
Wetin dem talk no matter at all
What God has done no man can destroy

And at the end of the day there is no contest
There is no reason talking out of context
Dem know me them no what I've accomplish
So why u come dey act with no conscience

Kirakita oma dola afi enitoluwa ba fifun
No dispute and thats the truth
And I dont need to prove cos

Chorus
Won olayo oyato o 2ce
Oto laye e o
Oto laye won o
Oto laye e
Ori e oyato

(Mouth organ)

If u know what I know you go like me o

-----------------------------------------------------------
This beat is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!!

Omo people don dey compose dance for this song on redlight already.

Frawzey.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2012
Jay Sleek has been producing songs for Tuface for some years now (He never got any credits), nobody heard his name. Thanks Dbanj for letting us know Jay Sleek just like you introduced Don Jazzy to us (At least you are not being selfish). I have been teaching my oyinbo friends some traditional African dance steps that match this song...I dey gbadun the gbedu jor ...... in.......case, u try to forget...lol
Re: D’banj – Oyato by freecocoa(f): 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2012
ayox20003:

OYATO- Its different.

Oto laye e- your level is different ooo

Oto laye won - there level is different.

It means u've been enjoying the song abi wink

Frawzey
Enjoy wetin?

Guys here are just arguing which is better between the MAVIN stup1d song and OYATO,that's why i asked.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
Nah, if you didn't know Jay Sleek until today, then you haven't been listening to music lately lol. Sure, he produced for 2 Baba. He's also produced for Solidstar (Omotena) and Wizkid (Sisi Nene), two songs with amazing beats. Open ya ear lol.

Now that I think of it, "Sisi Nene" and "Oyato" are in the same tone. *shrugs*
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
ogugua88: Nah, if you didn't know Jay Sleek until today, then you haven't been listening to music lately lol. Sure, he produced for 2 Baba. He's also produced for Solidstar (Omotena) and Wizkid (Sisi Nene), two songs with amazing beats. Open ya ear lol.

Even produced somany tracks for Sound Sultan.

tokunboh: Jay Sleek has been producing songs for Tuface for some years now (He never got any credits), nobody heard his name. Thanks Dbanj for letting us know Jay Sleek just like you introduced Don Jazzy to us (At least you are not being selfish). I have been teaching my oyinbo friends some traditional African dance steps that match this song...I dey gbadun the gbedu jor ...... in.......case, u try to forget...lol

Forget jor...come see as people dey dance here...Redlight.

Even DrSid confirm say the song mad.

Listen well, he said Don Jazzy forget at 0:07.

Frawzey
Re: D’banj – Oyato by adelaja70(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2012
ogugua88: Nah, if you didn't know Jay Sleek until today, then you haven't been listening to music lately lol. Sure, he produced for 2 Baba. He's also produced for Solidstar (Omotena) and Wizkid (Sisi Nene), two songs with amazing beats. Open ya ear lol.

Whatever...Oya run,go and breastfeed ur child.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
The tone and beat of these two songs are quite different from Oyato's (Oyato is more Fela-esque- One could say the beat was inspired by Fela's beat in Teacher don't teach me nonsense). Jay Sleek did get a mention out of Wiz and Solid, nobody noticed...however, D'banj name-dropping Jay Sleek brought his name to the fore. How many ppl knw J Sleekie before Oyato?... The koko of my story is I'm happy naija has got another decent producer...seemples (at least for variety's sake). In btw, I'm liking this song cos this would be Dbanj's first single in my adult days where words like bum, boobs, wind, shake, play, bad, give it to you, koko, banana, hips and waist getting shifted, get down, go down and the likes were not mentioned smiley

Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2012
Not Don jazzy forget...Correction please....

He said "Incase u try to forget".....

Thank God say today na Sunday....Enuff gbedu today.

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by abe4kom: 6:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
Awwww! D'Banj.
Definitely not [b]THIS [/b]after Oliver Twist!
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
Omo check dbanjs followers for Twitter don increase sha..... the same haters don follow grin grin grin

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
Re: D’banj – Oyato by ayox20003: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
abe4kom: Awwww! D'Banj.
Definitely not THIS [/b]after Oliver Twist!

U're entitled to ur opinion but [b]OYATO
got 1 million views on Youtube already....

Frawzey.
Re: D’banj – Oyato by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Audio Money' Video - Rudeboy (Featuring Shatta Bandle) / Ikorodu Bois Recreate Davido's Fem (video) / FREE BEAT: Dj Yk Beats - Gbedu Beats 24/7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.