Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Y You Did Not Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Y You Did Not Go To Church? (832 Views)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y You Did Not Go To Church? by laminaria(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2012
Just wondering about some issue that make some of us nt going to church, we ar nt judging each bt at least for d fun of and perhaps we might learn frm it....
Mine is, I came back from Ekiti to ibadan yestiday 9t around 9pm I was so tired, I jst bought akara n bread and I went to bed immediately...waking up dis a.m to see hw bad n dirty ma room is' no light though, mehn I was so busy wit house chores n washing! I just pray God shud forgive me...
Perhaps you wil like to share d reason(s) y U̶̲̥̅̊ did nt go to church as well.....over to U̶̲̥̅̊ ! Pls no abusive words.
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
For me why i did not go today is that it rained. But much more is that, what i hear is SIN, SIN, CONDEMNATION instead of know what i am in Christ, righteous, holy. Also using my wife's pregnancy to stay away for weeks now. Next week by God's grace i wont go since i will be condemned. sad
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by thehomer: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2012
I'm sure Boko Haram stopped some people.
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
OP, where in your Bible are Christians instructed to go to church on Sundays?

1 Like

Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by laminaria(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
fellis: OP, where in your Bible are Christians instructed to go to church on Sundays?
where in d Bible do U̶̲̥̅̊ hear abt days of d week dis ar jst men's idea..I dnt tink muslims ar instructed abt friday too...every1 recognises sundays for our own time sabbath day except U̶̲̥̅̊ ar adventist or so?
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
laminaria: where in d Bible do U̶̲̥̅̊ hear abt days of d week dis ar jst men's idea..I dnt tink muslims ar instructed abt friday too...every1 recognises sundays for our own time sabbath day except U̶̲̥̅̊ ar adventist or so?
Oh no, Muslims are instructed about Fridays.
If Christians are not mandated to go to church on Sundays then why make a big deal about it? They should be able to go to church any day of the week right?
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Sirniyeh(m): 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
Going to church is human formulation!
Going to church is not because of God!
Going to church is association of funs!
Going to church is not recognised in heaven!
Going to church is not to serve God!
Church is not the place where God is worship. Your body is the temple of God and to worship God is to be a blessing to your neighbour in your capacity. Anything contrary to that is human formulation.

1 Like

Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by laminaria(m): 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2012
Sirniyeh: Going to church is human formulation!
Going to church is not because of God!
Going to church is association of funs!
Going to church is not recognised in heaven!
Going to church is not to serve God!
Church is not the place where God is worship. Your body is the temple of God and to worship God is to be a blessing to your neighbour in your capacity. Anything contrary to that is human formulation.
am quite agree wit U̶̲̥̅̊ ...jst wanna make fun out of it abt some issue dat might led †̥ it...betta stil apy sunday!
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
because i don't fancy the idea of god telling one person to tell the others. why can't he(god) open the sky and say it to everyone's hearing. at least there will be less confusion among his followers.

2 Likes

Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by laminaria(m): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
991: because i don't fancy the idea of god telling one person to tell the others. why can't he(god) open the sky and say it to everyone's hearing. at least there will be less confusion among his followers.
very good idea bt it Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ as its in d time of Noah...cos if we dnt blv in fellow human we can't blv in God Himsef...jst dat pple av really misused d free will given †̥ us by God....ejo nbe lorun (much tak dey heaven)
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2012
laminaria: very good idea bt it Ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ as its in d time of Noah...cos if we dnt blv in fellow human we can't blv in God Himsef (much tak dey heaven)

O wow, is this why some Christians worship their pastors?
Interesting . . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2012
laminaria: very good idea bt it Ȋ̝̊̅ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ as its in d time of Noah...cos if we dnt blv in fellow human we can't blv in God Himsef...jst dat pple av really misused d free will given †̥ us by God....ejo nbe lorun (much tak dey heaven)

you have just said your mind, in defense of your stand in religion. if i may ask, what is the surname of Noah?

1 Like

Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
991:

if i may ask, what is the surname of Noah?
ask King James grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by laminaria(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
991:

you have just said your mind, in defense of your stand in religion. if i may ask, what is the surname of Noah?
Y nt trying google?
Re: Y You Did Not Go To Church? by laminaria(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
991:

(1) (Reply)

''...allah Is Unique But God Is Not Unique" / Pope Francis Easter Sermon / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 17th May, 2013 You Are God S Eyes By Pastor E.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.