Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? (3318 Views)

Atheists! Do You Pray Before You Eat? / To The Atheists. Do You Believe This Exists? / Atheists Do Not Reject Your God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by kay9(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
Has anybody here read Carl Sagan's ''Contact''?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by vescucci(m): 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
Kay 17:

Simply beat the speed of light. Which might be impossible. I hope I'm wrong.

Theoretically, I will not presume to know anything but I think you can only bend a rule by being outside of it. You cannot simply just beat the speed of light and move through time. Best you can hope to achieve with that is to be in two places at the same time essentially stopping time. But you cannot go back in time or go forwards. I don't think so.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by vescucci(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
kay9: Has anybody here read Carl Sagan's ''Contact''?

I have the ebook along with some others (ok, plenty others). I haven't come around to it. I just flipped through.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
vescucci:

I have the ebook along with some others (ok, plenty others). I haven't come around to it. I just flipped through.
_
Could you mail me? Pretty please?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by mkmyers45(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
vescucci:

can you mail me a copy?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2012
I believe that the universe is too vast and virtually unending to contain just us miserable species. My op.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by kay9(m): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
vescucci:

Its ok, i'll summarize (been years i read it o).

Ok, a bunch of scientists led by a particularly sturborn woman are convinced there are ETs somewhere out there, and they are also convinced that the ETs are bound to be more evolved and have prolly tried to contact a fledgling civilization like ours. So they build a gazillion telescopes to record radio signals from space - they call it ''listening''. And they listen. And listen. And listen. And keep getting squat.

Then one day another smart guy who actually doesnt believe in ETs suggest listening in ''another way''. They accept his suggestion, and bingo! They get a message. And more messages. Its been there all along. So they do what the message says... And the rest is just a downhill journey.

By the way, u should read up on your elementary mathematics before reading this book; u'll need it, trust me.

Hmm!!

OKAY. Now, the reason i asked if anyone's read the book is simple: Space travel is pretty much impossible to humans presently; and alien civilizations are prolly facing the same issue. But RADIO SIGNALS are so fucckin easy to send across stellar distances - takes decades to get across the vast distance, millenia even - but YES, it can be done, and we've been around long enough to receive and decipher one sent a millenium ago. So how come we haven't received a freakin thing??
And for that matter, why hasnt ANYONE replied the ones we've been sending? NASA and them other dudes in New Mexico have been at it for AGES now.

Mind this is just a curiosity. I totally understand the arguments for alien life somewhere out there, and it is VERY convincing. But where's the radio CONTACT?? smiley
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2012
SimonAndal: Guys I've got this theory. It's kinda far-fetched, but just consider it for a minute: with the rate at which the US is releasing alien movies (Avatar, The Avengers, Thor, Prometheus, Man Of Steel), do you think they're tryna "prepare" us for something? Sorta "numbing" or reactions to their press conference that aliens have been among us all this while. Whad'ya think?

Most definitely. That's exactly what they're trying to do. Preparing the people for Full Disclosure.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by nyameke: 12:27am On Jul 21, 2012
Aliens are actually light beings or spiritual beings that exist in a much higher dimensions than ours.. Most of our visitors are actually fallen angels. Because they are spiritual beings capable of taking on any form that's why they sometimes appear as reptilian forms and small grey creatures with large heads at other times. But in their truest form, they are pure light beings with humanoid shape. In biblical terms, the stars of the universe signify angelic entities. When you know the nature of angelic existence, you will find it very similar to the nature of aliens because they are one and the same. Higher dimensional reality is spiritual and mental reality.

The agenda of these angelic aliens is to help humanity evolve spiritually. They are here to assist the ascension of planet earth. Their constant interactions with humans are to open up our minds to the worlds beyond our own and to alter our genetic codes. Its like Noah’s time where fallen angels merged with humanity.
They seek to raise our collective consciousness towards mass enlightenment so that our earth vibrations will become more forth dimensional instead of three.

Half of what the aliens are doing is right while the other half is wrong. It is a good thing for them to aid us in our evolution, but much of these alien interventions are done by fallen angels. The true angels usually don’t intervene with humanity in this manner
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2012
^^^ I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't read the first word of the title of this thread. Angels? In what way is Spock an angel?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by nyameke: 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2012
^^^ yes I read the title.. btw forgive my ignorance I was unware that mister Spock and the Vulcans as well as other "aliens" of the star trek universe were or are the real extra terrestrials..
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Most definitely. That's exactly what they're trying to do. Preparing the people for Full Disclosure.

It is gradual immersion of the FACT (I think the idea already exists through ancient history) - I think it is becoming painfully obvious that we are not alone (f'course we have got the Bumper-sticker Christians and flag-burning Islamist for company)
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
nyameke: Aliens are actually light beings or spiritual beings that exist in a much higher dimensions than ours.. Most of our visitors are actually fallen angels. Because they are spiritual beings capable of taking on any form that's why they sometimes appear as reptilian forms and small grey creatures with large heads at other times. But in their truest form, they are pure light beings with humanoid shape. In biblical terms, the stars of the universe signify angelic entities. When you know the nature of angelic existence, you will find it very similar to the nature of aliens because they are one and the same. Higher dimensional reality is spiritual and mental reality.

The agenda of these angelic aliens is to help humanity evolve spiritually. They are here to assist the ascension of planet earth. Their constant interactions with humans are to open up our minds to the worlds beyond our own and to alter our genetic codes. Its like Noah’s time where fallen angels merged with humanity.
They seek to raise our collective consciousness towards mass enlightenment so that our earth vibrations will become more forth dimensional instead of three.

Half of what the aliens are doing is right while the other half is wrong. It is a good thing for them to aid us in our evolution, but much of these alien interventions are done by fallen angels. The true angels usually don’t intervene with humanity in this manner

Please gi me some somethn grin
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

He wants to kee me with rafta..
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by DeepSight(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2012
@ OP, You'd better hide beneath a sofa and hope and pray for your dear life that a poster called Martian does not come across this thread.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by MyJoe: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2012
^^^ Lol. The "fossilised paradigmal mindset" will go into full blast.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
MyJoe: ^^^ Lol. The "fossilised paradigmal mindset" will go into full blast.
Deep Sight:
@ OP, You'd better hide beneath a sofa and hope and pray for your dear life that a poster called Martian does not come across this thread.

There is a difference between the possibilities of extra terrestial life and the "ancient alien" stories you are fond of.

Ancient Aliens perished with Atlantis -Plato
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:31am On Jul 24, 2012
mkmyers45:

Is it also logical to assume that God is likely to exist but has not been observed yet....?

No.

Just like unicorns, fairies and ninja turtles, if god hasn't been observed then, by default, he doesn't exist.

Besides, theists aren't claiming that he lives in a galaxy far, far away. They are claiming that he's all around us and that he heals people and give answers requests and that he tells TB Joshua stuff all the time. If any of this were true, it would be easily verifiable.

How come nobody has been able to verify any of it?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by nyameke: 1:02am On Jul 24, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

give you what exactly
musKeeto:
He wants to kee me with rafta..
no I want to kee your igwerance
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by DeepSight(m): 1:57am On Jul 24, 2012
Martian:

There is a difference between the possibilities of extra terrestial life and the "ancient alien" stories you are fond of.

Ancient Aliens perished with Atlantis -Plato

1. You scoffed, on that thread, also at even the suggestions of CURRENT extra terrestrial visitations.

2. Given the short age of our civilization and the long age of our universe, it is contradictory to accede to the possibility of extra terrestial life and scoff at "ancient" aliens. . . mark you - what we call "ancient" . . . are happenings only a few thousand years ago. . . a nano second, in cosmic terms. . .

*Runs away very fast, expecting bullets*
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by jayriginal: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2012
Evil Brain:

They are claiming that he's all around us and that he heals people and give answers requests and that he tells TB Joshua stuff all the time.
grin
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

1. You scoffed, on that thread, also at even the suggestions of CURRENT extra terrestrial visitations.

2. Given the short age of our civilization and the long age of our universe, it is contradictory to accede to the possibility of extra terrestial life and scoff at "ancient" aliens. . . mark you - what we call "ancient" . . . are happenings only a few thousand years ago. . . a nano second, in cosmic terms. . .

*Runs away very fast, expecting bullets*

Hopefully, while running away, you will be abducted by the ETs that are CURRENTLY visiting and we won't have to hear from you again.

While we're at it,why don't you post a picture of the Saqqara Bird and claim it's an Airplane........lol
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by DeepSight(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Martian:

Hopefully, while running away, you will be abducted by the ETs that are CURRENTLY visiting and we won't have to hear from you again.

To Nirvana.

While we're at it,why don't you post a picture of the Saqqara Bird and claim it's an Airplane........lol

I made no such claim sir. I posted images for discussion.

And yes, aside the saq bird, there are other sculptures far more airplanelike made in ancient times, and you know it.

As I recall it, you called this one a dragonfly or some other such improbable gibberish -

Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2012
^^^^^
lol
Still at it?

Maybe the aliens put something in the water in Nigeria and that's why the majority are so ret@arded................especially the pentecostals. So show the saqqara bird and the gold above to them, they'll believe you when you tell them they are Anceint Alien Jetliners or whatever else you want. Just make sure you mix your bullsh#t with enough biblical imagery.

I have an idea!! Tell them that the thing above is the replica of Elijah's fiery chariot.

Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by DeepSight(m): 6:15am On Jul 25, 2012
Lol. This man sef. Incorrigible!
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by wiegraf: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2012
This is called the fermi paradox, no? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox . Also the whole time issue, we've been catching radio signals for what, 100 years? Then relativity and time, space expanding etc, but that's for physicists to figure out (certainly not me). I like michio kaku's take on it. It's something like; if you were in a car on a journey, you wouldn't stop to check every single ant-hill you pass, would you? I hope tis so.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2012
Deep Sight:
Lol. This man sef. Incorrigible!

Lol, Who are YOU trying to correct. You,. Lmao redeem the Pentecostals.

Let me quote you. " O Pyramids, reveal thy secrets". Did you ever find the secrets?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by DeepSight(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2012
Martian:

Lol, Who are YOU trying to correct. You,. Lmao redeem the Pentecostals.

Let me quote you. " O Pyramids, reveal thy secrets". Did you ever find the secrets?

As far as I know, no modern science has yet definitely uncovered the exact purpose of the pyramids.

It thus remains in order to ask as i did. . . .reveal thy secrets.

O, and before that flies over ya head as well, it was intended as poetic.

So why scoff, thou eternal scoffer?
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
Deep Sight:
As far as I know, no modern science has yet definitely uncovered the exact purpose of the pyramids.
It thus remains in order to ask as i did. . . .reveal thy secrets.

They were Tombs. Okay? Elaborate Tombs influenced by their superstitious beliefs about the "after life". Go look it up. I know you've wondered why they are empty now, but what do you epect after thousands of years? But you'll rather believe that ancient aliens built them for some "mysterious" reasons.

Deep Sight:
O, and before that flies over ya head as well, it was intended as poetic.
So why scoff, thou eternal scoffer?

Poetry!!! How nice. Thou credulous f#ck!................not very poetic.lol
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by DeepSight(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
Martian:

They were Tombs. Okay? Elaborate Tombs influenced by their superstitious beliefs about the "after life". Go look it up.

There is as yet no evidence of this.

And since you are Mr. Evidence-first, you should produce the evidence before making such firm conclusions, no?

Otherwise you are being every bit as bad as you accuse others of being - arriving at a belief without the evidence.

I know you've wondered why they are empty now, but what do you epect after thousands of years? But you'll rather believe that ancient aliens built them for some "mysterious" reasons.

I never said aliens built them. Humans did, as far as I know.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
Deep Sight:
There is as yet no evidence of this.
And since you are Mr. Evidence-first, you should produce the evidence before making such firm conclusions, no?
Otherwise you are being every bit as bad as you accuse others of being - arriving at a belief without the evidence.

http://www.catchpenny.org/whybuilt.html
Another reason why Egyptologists believe that pyramids were tombs is because the ancient Egyptian record explicitly states as much. For example, the Papyrus Abbott describes the inspection of "sepulchers of former kings" under Ramesses IX. The pyramid of 17th Dynasty Sobekemsaf II was inspected:

It was found, that the thieves had broken into it by mining work through the base of its pyramid, from the outer chamber of the tomb of the overseer of the granary of King Menkheperre (Thutmose III), L.P.H., Nebamon. The burial-place of the king was found void of its lord, L.P.H., as well as the burial-place of the great king's-wife, Nubkhas, L.P.H., his royal wife; the thieves having laid their hand upon them. The vizier, the nobles, and the inspectors made an examination of it, and the manner in which the thieves had laid their hands upon this king and his royal wife, was ascertained. [Breasted, Ancient Records of Egypt, IV.517]

Much has been made of the fact that of all the pyramids of Egypt that have ever been explored, never once has the mummy of a pharaoh been found within. Mummy parts have been found in pyramids. Such discoveries include part of a mummified foot in the pyramid of Djoser; a right arm, skull fragments, and various other bones in the pyramid of Unas; an arm and shoulder in the pyramid of Teti; fragments of a mummy in the pyramid of Pepi I; mummy wrappings in the pyramid of Pepy II, and charred bones in the pyramid of Amenemhet III. In the center satellite pyramid of Menkaure, Perring and Vyse found a skeleton of a young woman in the sarcophagus within. They also found, in the main pyramid, part of a wooden coffin believed to be Menkaure's along with some mummy fragments. But never has an extant mummy been found in any pyramid, nor have any parts of a mummy been identified with certainty as those of a king. Critics of the pyramid-as-tomb theory claim that such mummy parts, rather than being detritus left after the robbers hacked away the mummies for jewels and gold, represent parts left from intrusive burials made long after the pyramid was built. Burials of this type are common in areas and tombs around the various pyramids.
Re: Atheists: Do You Believe In Extra-terrestials? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
Deep Sight:
I never said aliens built them. Humans did, as far as I know.

What about this one, courtesy of "ancient aliens"? lol Possible alien astronaut spacecraft?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Noah Ark Have Been Discover On The Mountains In Turkey. / Today Is Palm Sunday! / When Will The Church Have The Courage To Face This ‘ugly’ Home Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.