Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . (1883 Views)

Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
How much do you think is a reasonable amount for your partner to spend on shoes? I have no problem with women buying a $1000 shoe if they can afford it, my problem is paying that much amount of money on a shoe and having to live from hand to mouth until the next pay check comes in. If a woman has the money to spend on shoes and look good so be it, life is too long to waste it on saving for the rainy day all the freaking time, but hey, that's my opinion.

There is this thread about a nagging husband whose wife bought their child a 300 dollar a pair shoe. Would you blame your spouse if they spent that much amount of money on a shoe for your child or themselves?

How much money can you spend on your spouse and kids on shoes?
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
I think the answer is relative, if you have millions in your account just lying there then by all means buy $1000 shoes.like the OP said its wrong if you don't have the money.as for me, I will happily spend if I have that kind of money to throw around.
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
@OP
the problem is society itself.....and above all WOMEN!!!!
you see, when you women look at another woman, you judge her from her Brazilian hair, to her clothing, to her shoes.......and therefore, many who aint shiit would want to be looked up to, instead of down upon. many of y'all can judge a person JUST by the kind of shoes she were, and subsequently treat her right or wrong depending on that simple fact. so the day y'all stop doing this, is the day many will gladly be themselves, instead of doing insane stuff to get the latest foot gear, or what not.

as for the husband nagging about his wifey, he has absolutely NOTHING to talk about as it is HER money, and she can do whatever she pleases with it, so long as it is for the good of the family (yep it is). just like a man can use his money to buy the biggest flat screen tv out there for XXC amount of $$$, knowing that he could get any TV for a 10th of the price.as they say, if you have the money, then you can do what you please with it (and if you were 300$ shoes, then your children should deserve just as much).

and also, funny enough, some people I personally know in Europe dont have a place to stay and live on soaking garri, BUT when they step outside the door, they have no less than €3K of clothing on their back.
to each their own!
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by blacklion(m): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
and also, funny enough, some people I personally know in Europe dont have a place to stay and live on soaking garri, BUT when they step outside the door, they have no less than €3K of clothing on their back.
to each their own!

Must be Congolese or Camerounians - na dia life be that grin wink
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
I think the point is to spend within your means.Buy the shoes that fit your budget.
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by ronkebp(f): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
I can't spend $1000.00 dollars on shoes oooo, bags yes....but shoes.....abeg give me one "payless" shoe and knack it with a nice coach or LV bag, now we are talking.....even if i have millions, maybe a $200.00 shoe at most...and that is just me personally.
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Aparche(f): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
It depends on individual income, as for me I can't spend $1000 on a pair of shoes simply because I can't afford it.
But there are people who can spend that much, without feeling it. It's everyone according to their level.

As for the nagging guy thread, the op is simply not used to being super-rich.

He will get used to it(with time...)
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
As long as you are spending the money you earn and other more important responsibilities are not left hanging then ITS YOUR LIFE
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
Honest answer? I dont know.

Money does change people no matter what one says and if i suddenly became a multimillionaire in £££ oooooo!!! not Naira grin then maybe I will indulge myself with a £1000 pair of shoes cool grin
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
blacklion:
Must be Congolese or Camerounians - na dia life be that grin wink

yes some are from Congo/DR Congo, and also some from Ivory Coast too (aka boucanteurs).
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
Aparche: It depends on individual income, as for me I can't spend $1000 on a pair of shoes simply because I can't afford it.
But there are people who can spend that much, without feeling it. It's everyone according to their level.

As for the nagging guy thread, the op is simply not used to being super-rich.

He will get used to it(with time...)
exactly!!! Now he has seen money, he is confused, that is why people should always marry within their class

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 21, 2012
dayokanu: As long as you are spending the money you earn and other more important responsibilities are not left hanging then ITS YOUR LIFE

Other important things like what? Isn't that why we have husbands? Must we do everything for you men?

@ronke
I have lost count of the number of shoes and bags I have in my "dress up" room. All the men can do Is nag, kpa kpa. I Will hide it in my car and sneak it in when I can. I guard my car keys so jealously at times like that. grin
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by ifyalways(f): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2012
I normally don't over spend on my kids but any day I decide to, God punish the pesin wey go talk say e too big or something. Na your money? !
Full time housewives ofcourse dare not over spend, their life is already on budget. Haha.
You work hard, invest wisely, save some and ofcourse "blow some". . . That's life!
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by ronkebp(f): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
jennykadry:

@ronke
I have lost count of the number of shoes and bags I have in my "dress up" room. All the men can do Is nag, kpa kpa. I Will hide it in my car and sneak it in when I can. I guard my car keys so jealously at times like that. grin

My dear, i used to love shoes oooo, but this days na bag...get me, my hubby is always asking what i am doing with all dem bags....it will soon shift to something else, i know. grin grin
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by armyofone(m): 2:38am On Jul 27, 2012
ronkebp: I can't spend $1000.00 dollars on shoes oooo, bags yes....but shoes.....abeg give me one "payless" shoe and knack it with a nice coach or LV bag, now we are talking.....even if i have millions, maybe a $200.00 shoe at most...and that is just me personally.

payless shoe? shocked cheesy grin
wetin them get there... grin

i love boots and sneakers but can't spend so much on something i'd walk on the ground with.
i like expensive bags and expensive lingeries.
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by MissIfe(f): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2012
I'm not really a shoe person. I don't even like shopping that much. I sometimes spend a bit more money than I should, but altogether I'm a quite reasonable woman. If I was filthy rich, I'd spend all my money on nice houses and nice trips to exotic locations. I could go there wearing my old sneakers, I don't care grin As for my husband, he's something else, this man loves shoes like he has 40 legs to wear them on angry I think he could spend his money on more useful stuff sometimes but well, it's his money, can't complain wink
Re: How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . . by EfemenaXY: 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
I think it depends on the individual. Once upon a time, Efe was crazy about shoes. Okay, she's downsized a bit now. grin

I've got this colleague at work who spent her entire pay packet on just 4 pair of shoes at Bond Street & Selfridges!

Re my kids: Yeah I do love to shop for clothes & stuff. I do find that over the years, my focus has changed as they've grown older.

Now, I derive more joy in opening different investments vehicles for them. High risk Stocks & shares, medium risk Bonds, and low risk savings accounts / ISAs. Now, this has been my latest faze for the past 10 years grin grin

(1) (Reply)

(PICTURE) 8-month Old Baby Stabbed 90 Times With Scissors By His Mother / Am I At Fault? +PIX / My Son Is Ill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.