Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (15305 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
Freiburger: @ Cuddlemii, i'm also interested edit my name to the debaters pls.

Done that!
I need to know if you are in Team-For OR Team-Against
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

190 as well...

And also, I cant see any Federal Character in the selection of debaters.. Apart from High Chief and Okolie, every other Debater are Yoruba.. Is this a set up or what?! angry

Bros. So to you beaf and 190 na Yoruba?

I dont know the tribe of most of them people like freiburger, Claremont, apocalypse, Crownprince, Mrbrownjay, breezy047, Xynerise, newacca. Do you?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Okijajuju1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu:

Bros. So to you beaf and 190 na Yoruba?

I dont know the tribe of most of them people like freiburger, Claremont, apocalypse, Crownprince, Mrbrownjay, breezy047, Xynerise, newacca. Do you?

I know where dem from, but BEAF dey sound like Edo guy, and me and You already know where their Affinity lie.

Ask for the remaining, dem resemble Yoruba guys.. #I'mNotSure.. undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Sijo01(f): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
@op, Please debaters should be given limit of words/lines to use, & be told to use simple/comprehensive English so that some will not bored us with encyclopedia.

Having said that, moi's subscribing *popcorn & a bottle of vita milk*
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by r231(m): 6:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
Subscribing grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
OAM4J: I didn't get any message from you cuddlemii.

Since the topic is on politics and am a mod in politics section, I think its better I be among the judges.

Ok. You are among the judges.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Okijajuju1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Ok. You are among the judges.

Ehen.. What of me.. angry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by chucky234(m): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
A day of masive encounter, cuddlemii where can I fit in? Debator or a judge
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sijo01: @op, Please debaters should be given limit of words/lines to use, & be told to use simple/comprehensive English so that some will not bored us with encyclopedia.

with coogar and sagamite on the list of "debaters"? grin You better bring your dictionary along with you. Oh and please learn the meaning of this word - Cretin,

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Roland17(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2012
Am glad this made the front page, i hope it stays up for a while to create awareness and i hope to read some mature and intelligent lines from the debaters...

Also, Big ups to Cuddlemiii for coming up with this idea.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Emmy9ite(m): 7:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
It will be sadonic and lugubrious if leaders show a non challant attitude towards the affairs of the people in order to please their godfathers,such lackadaisical and lackluster behavior must be turned down with enermous support from the people.........good day ladies and gentlemen,biome of inpartial judges,flawless time keeper and my loosing co debaters..................this is just d beginning,grab ur dictionaries! #emmy9ite.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Odunnu: 7:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
Has it started yet?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Odunnu: 7:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Abeg Drex small...**Sits & Dips hand in Odunnus Popcorn**
Guy abeg go find another chair. I kept this for my good friend Shymex/fstranger/patosibe.
dayokanu: Can I also debate Odunnu in my room?
No you cant!
But antpiah is all yours. Enjoy cheesy

Sijo01: @op, Please debaters should be given limit of words/lines to use, & be told to use simple/comprehensive English so that some will not bored us with encyclopedia.

You must come with your dictionary and be assured that before this is over, the words 'cretin, re.tard, focktard, i.mbecile would have lost their original meanings grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by PhysicsQED(m): 7:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
pshaw
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by chucky234(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
Warming up for the big day,stretching my fingers for fitness
Hope no expo will be allowed sha
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by chucky234(m): 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
Emmy9ite: It will be sadonic and lugubrious if leaders show a non challant attitude towards the affairs of the people in order to please their godfathers,such lackadaisical and lackluster behavior must be turned down with enermous support from the people.........good day ladies and gentlemen,biome of inpartial judges,flawless time keeper and my loosing co debaters..................this is just d beginning,grab ur dictionaries! #emmy9ite.
Guy cool down nah,why you come begin dey waste your MB when the debate never reach?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by femmy2010(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
sound like fun.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by nagoma(m): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
The two words CuRRENT and CRISES are too vague to make a focussed and meaningful debate. Does current mean 2 weeks ? 3 months?or 2 years? Or Perhaps 5 years? There are a thousand and one crises in Nigeria , even the Patronage ( what you called godfatherism) can be classified as a crisis. What about gulley erosion and desertification ? Are they also crises or not? I would have loved to be a judge but I guess the debate will end up as the usual NL Polemics and jingoistic tribal sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by kemiola89(f): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
OMG!!! Cant wait to see it all begins! It gon be fun i guess.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
nagoma: The two words CuRRENT and CRISES are too vague to make a focussed and meaningful debate. Does current mean 2 weeks ? 3 months?or 2 years? Or Perhaps 5 years? There are a thousand and one crises in Nigeria , even the Patronage ( what you called godfatherism) can be classified as a crisis. What about gulley erosion and desertification ? Are they also crises or not? I would have loved to be a judge but I guess the debate will end up as the usual NL Polemics and jingoistic tribal sentiments.

Alright!
I will have the topic of discussion re-written for clarity sake.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 9:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Alright!
I will have the topic of discussion re-written for clarity sake.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hmm its about to get interesting and fun on NL again,this seems like fun.

I must admit,I do miss you on the romance board cuddles,thanks for this idea,NL is fast becoming extremely boring,we could really make do with a hot debate cheesy.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Freiburger(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
femmy2010: sound like fun.
Funny but real, ever took some time to find out what is going on the arab world? from Tunisia to Syria.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by chucky234(m): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
godfatherism is the grandfather of all Nigeria political problems,who knows if Audu Ogbeh and OBJ still share from the N1bn GEJ allocated himself for food.

You never can tell when it comes to Naija, anyway there is only one place to find out.
Make sure you don't miss the debate on Saturday and Sunday as we dig deep into the activities political godfathers in Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by chucky234(m): 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm its about to get interesting and fun on NL again,this seems like fun.

I must admit,I do miss you on the romance board cuddles,thanks for this idea,NL is fast becoming extremely boring,we could really make do with a hot debate cheesy.
Hot debate you say cos hot is an understatement,there's going to be fire.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
freecocoa: Hmm its about to get interesting and fun on NL again,this seems like fun.

Thank you for your contribution, It means a lot!
I can't wait to see these men in action, sure going to be much fun cheesy
We would also learn alot as well.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by PHIPEX(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Beautiful idea but why is ONLYTRUTH missing in action? I don't think thats proper.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by hardeyincah(m): 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
cant wait for the debate cos of APOCALYPSE......
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Koolking(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2012
I wish to participate as one of the debaters
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by shilling(f): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2012
This will be interesting. I hope those topic is featured on the homepage again on Sat/Sun so I remember to check it out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling / [story] My Sweet And Lovely Houseboy Part 21 / Borno: Home Of Boko Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.