Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? (3004 Views)

Why Did 'most Parents' Give's Preferential Treatment 2 Their Last Child? / Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2012
I'm sorry to say these things; but pregnant &nursing women are too over pampered in our society. Check out what I ve been noticing for long.
(1). On a long Brt queue; don't be surprise that the attendant will allow them to enter the bus before you, even on a very sunny day!
(2). People tends to notice them more than they notice even us that impregenated them.
(3). Your visitors tends to shower her with gifts and praises not minding that you are the one that implanted the seed into her.
(4). If both of you work for someone; she's the only one given sometime off for ante-natal appointment.
(5). Even after giving birth; some companies give them 4 months maternity leave and the husby 2days to celebrate the child.
(6). After the maternity leave; they are allowed to resume office by 10:00am against the normal resumption time (8:00am) and closes by 2:00pm against 5:00pm
It's just annoying to see people pampering them and ignoring us (guys). Maybe people tends to forget that the immatured child is being carried by us(males) since childhood; which they only carry for 9/10months. @least people should applaud us also.
Expecting ur thank you comments! Especially from you ladies.
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by elMacho(m): 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
Thump up bro
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by MissIfe(f): 6:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yeah right, next time get pregnant, deliver and nurse the baby. Come back later to tell me how it feels. smh...

15 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ok ooooo; that's exactly the thing I'm talking about! You guys think carrying a baby makes you special. Like I ve said 'ok ooooo'. @el-macho; thanks!
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Enoquin(f): 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yes you are right, there is nothing to it! How can you say carrying a little being in one's stomach for nine months and getting intense back ache is special? It's not!
Not the complications that can come up during the pregnancy and birth, not the fact that the woman can die definitely not the fact that her vagina will most likely tear during birth therefore leading to stitches. No, she is not special and has done nothing special...!

10 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 9:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
hmnnnnnnn! So the reason why peeople pampers you guys is the 9months involved. Ok oooo; what about we (guys) that brings comfort in terms of money and assistance in some domestic work. What about us praying endlessly as soon as her water breaks(real tension). Put yourself in all these conditions; and tell me that we don't deserve an applaud also.
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by OldHag: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
@Poster, there is no need to be jealous of pregnant women, they deserve all the LOVE. You need to chillax cool

Attention seeker.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2012
why is this even a topic - poster if its disturbing you this much direct the question to the woman who carried you for 9 months - nonsense!!!!!!!!

14 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Caracta(f): 12:21am On Jul 18, 2012
cotton101: why is this even a topic - poster if its disturbing you this much direct the question to the woman who carried you for 9 months - nonsense!!!!!!!!

God bless you!
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 9:22am On Jul 18, 2012
yes God bless all of us! I'm not being jealous of anyone; I'm just curious about the whole thing. And as for my sweet mum, I asked her the same question but there's still a few skeptics in the answers she gave me; just like the way you guys responded. Anyway, You ladies are tryin (nt disputing abt dat) but the point still remains that; you ve to appreciate us as well in the society.
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by IfeLuvely: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2012
what rubbish! what about we that are carrying the eggs about nko?? without the eggs we have been carrying from birth, what can your stupid sperms do?? nonsense and ingredients, mstcheeeeeeeeeew.... I feel like slapping the originator of this post swear down!!! RUBBISH!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by cakegirl1: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2012
phemi3: I'm sorry to say these things; but pregnant &nursing women are too over pampered in our society. Check out what I ve been noticing for long.
(1). On a long Brt queue; don't be surprise that the attendant will allow them to enter the bus before you, even on a very sunny day!
(2). People tends to notice them more than they notice even us that impregenated them.
(3). Your visitors tends to shower her with gifts and praises not minding that you are the one that implanted the seed into her.
(4). If both of you work for someone; she's the only one given sometime off for ante-natal appointment.
(5). Even after giving birth; some companies give them 4 months maternity leave and the husby 2days to celebrate the child.
(6). After the maternity leave; they are allowed to resume office by 10:00am against the normal resumption time (8:00am) and closes by 2:00pm against 5:00pm
It's just annoying to see people pampering them and ignoring us (guys). Maybe people tends to forget that the immatured child is being carried by us(males) since childhood; which they only carry for 9/10months. @least people should applaud us also.
Expecting ur thank you comments! Especially from you ladies.
women were made 2 b pamperd especialy when pregnant.thats how God made it.so learn 2 live with it

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
A pregnant woman is vulnerable, a man is seen as her protector and in most cases, is the earner if only one of them is working. A real man shouldn't feel insecure or resentful because his pregnant wife / girlfriend gets all the attention. A real man should be too busy earning a crust for his family to even notice.

Vulnerable persons get priority - elderly, pregnant, infirm, physically and / or mentally impaired etc. It's the norm, and it makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, a hen-pecked man (a sissy) would be resentful of the attention his pregnant wife / girlfriend receives.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by acadasol: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
cotton101: why is this even a topic - poster if its disturbing you this much direct the question to the woman who carried you for 9 months - nonsense!!!!!!!!

On point jare... I am a man, not a woman. So, this isn't sentiment!!! The dude that has the questions doesn't really have emotional intelligence sorry to say. I recommend these pieces to him:

1. Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
2. Why you ACT the way you DO by La Haye

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
How is this not in the jokes section?

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
because its not easy to carry a human being or beings inside ur system for 9 months,change ur diet to kip dem healthy,change ur dressing patterns,have neaseau,morning sickness and its also not easy to be a mother right from being pregnant to seeing d child pass tru all stages of life til he or she is matured and leaves d home,its also not easy being a mother in dis part of our world where culturally it is allowed for men to beat and abuse women emotionally pregnant or not,it is also not easy 4 a woman to be a mother almost all d days of her life with a man being a husband but not a father.am sure dis ansas ur question

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by dorleey(f): 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
@poster, if U̶̲̥̅̊ are aggrieved, simply D̶̲̥̅̊☺ gender transplant and get pregnant. Chikena!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by hannydarl(f): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2012
When your wife or daughter gets pregnant don't allow anyone to treat her nice o. If they want to give her a seat take it from her. Leave her in the sun and ask for another seed planter to sit in the shade. Don't treat her well to make her comfortable afteral pregnancy is nothing its just like an over fed male. Easy to carry like beer induced pot belly. Some men sha, complaining of anything that makes a woman comfortable and if you the poster has common headache he will expect to be treated before an Accident Victim. On that BRT que are there no non-pregnant women too? Or do they do it only when men are around?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
ok. . . . . She must be treated like the way the other ladies are treated. I envy you ladies ooo!
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
ThiefOfHearts: How is this not in the jokes section?

Definitely a joke!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by fELiscatus: 6:27am On Mar 17, 2013
kulyie: because its not easy to carry a human being or beings inside ur system for 9 months,change ur diet to kip dem healthy,change ur dressing patterns,have neaseau,morning sickness and its also not easy to be a mother right from being pregnant to seeing d child pass tru all stages of life til he or she is matured and leaves d home,its also not easy being a mother in dis part of our world where culturally it is allowed for men to beat and abuse women emotionally pregnant or not,it is also not easy 4 a woman to be a mother almost all d days of her life with a man being a husband but not a father.am sure dis ansas ur question

Hard facts of life. . . .very hard facts.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 7:18am On Mar 17, 2013
Really hard facts but too over hyped in a society like ours. I dey jealous oooo!
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 17, 2013
Siena: A pregnant woman is vulnerable, a man is seen as her protector and in most cases, is the earner if only one of them is working. A real man shouldn't feel insecure or resentful because his pregnant wife / girlfriend gets all the attention. A real man should be too busy earning a crust for his family to even notice.

Vulnerable persons get priority - elderly, pregnant, infirm, physically and / or mentally impaired etc. It's the norm, and it makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, a hen-pecked man (a sissy) would be resentful of the attention his pregnant wife / girlfriend receives.

A man spoke at last,thank you bro!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by fELiscatus: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2013
phemi3: Really hard facts but too over hyped in a society like ours. I dey jealous oooo!

It's not overhyped.
Men also get to enjoy perks; No back pain from pregnancy, no constant tiredness/sleepiness, no swollen feet, no nausea, no constant irritable moods, no fallen booobs from breastfeeding, no weight gain from pregnancy, no having to wake up every night to breastfeed the child etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by k4kenny(f): 11:00am On Mar 17, 2013
@OP.
You're whining and crying that pregnant women and nursing are over hyped abi? Nonsense to you. You complain that men are only given 2days leave, what do you want to do with 3months 'paternity' leave? Breastfeed? Change diapers? Take care of a fragile soul even though you're not fully recovered from pregnancy/delivery? If only you could spend a day in the shoes of a pregnant woman, then you'll agree that women are UNDER hyped in Naija society.
SMH for the unfortunate soul that would end up being your wife.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
This topic is really funny, women go through a lot when pregnant.I have never been pregnant but I once had a mild case of food poisoning that strong smells and odours made me puke. Unfortunately, it started in a restaurant with food everywhere, it was a horrible experience. I imagine how hellish it will be to go through that for nine months

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by phemi3: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
k4kenny: @OP.
You're whining and crying that pregnant women and nursing are over hyped abi? Nonsense to you. You complain that men are only given 2days leave, what do you want to do with 3months 'paternity' leave? Breastfeed? Change diapers? Take care of a fragile soul even though you're not fully recovered from pregnancy/delivery? If only you could spend a day in the shoes of a pregnant woman, then you'll agree that women are UNDER hyped in Naija society.
SMH for the unfortunate soul that would end up being your wife.
hmnnnn. . . . Well said but there is nothing special in changing diapers; so dont make it look tough as someone digging a 244ft well. And as For d record; I'm an extrovert. So I dont see my wife as an 'unfortunate soul' in this issue. Naija ladies are not UNDER hyped my sister!
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Dlemah: 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Men,u wudnt know wot& how it feels like to b pregnant...d so calld person who brot up ds thread shud ve gone to ask his mother same question before posting here...

Even if men are givn 3mths paternal leave,showin affection to d new born baby wud b d last thng on their minds rather,they wud use such time to go drinking claimin to b celebrating d new born and having sex affairs with iresponsible ladies since they canT get such from their wives durin pre-natal periods..

Wsh men cud get pregnant....women shud carry the girls while men shud carry the boys for 9mths too...then dis thread wud neva hav existed...

Cheers..

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by cycline404(m): 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Miss_Ife: Yeah right, next time get pregnant, deliver and nurse the baby. Come back later to tell me how it feels. smh...
smiley
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Fhemmmy: 12:14am On Jun 29, 2013
Na wa oh, so you want a pregnant woman to wait while you enter, or stand and you sit? Na oh

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 29, 2013
Fhemmmy: Na wa oh, so you want a pregnant woman to wait while you enter, or stand and you sit? Na oh
Don't mind him!amebo!
Re: Why Is It That Pregnant Women Are Giving Preferential Treatment Than Men? by Daresh(f): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2013
The guy does not understand the trauma of pregnancy. From excruiating back pain(my back and waist still hurt 5years after o), to the killing heart burn, fat legs, stretching tummy and general pains everywhere. How you go see person wey dey suffer and not have compassion. Meanwhile I entered a BRT bus once when I was pregnant cos my belle was touching steering wheel and my back ached liked hell, a guy tried to ill a fast one and sit on a seat I was aiming for. See as everyone on the bus attacked him! I just dey laff grin na ur kain person be that

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imagine Requesting For A Laptop As Part Of The Bride Price! / I Feel Like I Will Be Single Forever. / Help Am In A Dilemma Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.